Start by marking “A Piece of My Heart (Full Circle, #1)” as Want to Read:
A Piece of My Heart (Full Circle, #1)

A Piece of My Heart (Full Circle, #1)

Do you believe in fate?

Sometimes, just sometimes, a series of unrelated events leads you to a particular place, out of your usual context, to meet a person that changes your life forever.

Do you believe in love?

When you meet the one, that person is more than just a lover, boyfriend or husband. They are your other. Time, place, age - these things are meaningless to two souls
Kindle Edition, 2, 245 pages
Published April 14th 2016

To ask other readers questions about A Piece of My Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Piece of My Heart

Cupcakemummy
Jul 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
HOLY SHIT!

She ropes you in and butters you up and then hits you over the head with a shocker that will leave you reeling and wondering what the fuck just happened.

Raw and beautiful and heart breaking but you can't help but fall in love with the characters and want more of their story.
Elize Heerden
May 18, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: local-authors
What a wonderful debut for this author. I absolutely adored the story, and fell in love with the characters.

I loved that there was a South African flair in the story, each time Victoria spoke about the wineland’s in Stellenbosch I could picture it in my mind. The shocking realisation about why Victoria ran away from South Africa was heart-breaking, and the way the characters came together was so sweet.

The end did break my heart, and caused me to yell (internally) at the book in the middle of a
Cobie Van oort
May 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Interesting light read by a debut author about star-crossed lovers (and how!) set in Japan, Istanbul and South Africa. Kept me hooked with "will they, won't they" questions, and then it hits you with a seriously South African crime event, which gives it a bit more of an edge than the usual love story. Keen to see how their story pans out. Will just have to hope there's a Book two on the horizon.
Alison
May 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to receive this book to read as a gift and I loved every minute of it from page one it captivated me to know more I also could not put it down and read it in a few hours. Its easy to read and i found myself totally into the story as if it was true it was a beautiful read and i cannot wait to find out what happens next.
Leigh Sonnekus
Mar 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
A well written romance that is not all hearts and flowers; instead it's realistic, its relatable and it's a beautiful story that sucks you in from the start
Debbie Duncalf
Apr 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to be asked by the lovely Cindi to read this book as a beta.
I have to say that it is a story that I throughly enjoyed, and read the whole book in one go as I just couldn't bear to put it down until I'd finished.
This is a beautiful story of two people who fall in love, and enjoy being together. Along the way there are many twists and turns which have been put into the written word by Cindi, at times the level of emotion that Cindi managed to weave into her characters had me lit
Tanya
May 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow wow wow! I simply could not put this book down. I was captivated by the story within the first paragraph, always wanting to know more. The characters are described as people you may have met before, the sceneries are depicted so well that I found myself googling images of the foreign country. There were instances where I found myself smiling, getting frustrated and even shedding a tear. The way this book has been written felt very "real". I look forward to reading the continuation of Victori ...more
Marzanne Albertse
Jun 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Ahh I really enjoyed reading A Piece of My Heart. I loved the descriptive writing- I felt like a was a fly on the wall in Alkan and Victoria's love story. I found myself smiling like an idiot so often while reading. Something that I detest, is when stories are predictable...and this one is everything but predictable- it constantly keeps you wondering and never fails to surprise you. I'm excited and extremely curious to find out what will happen in the next book!
Stacey L Collings
A delight

A charming debut by the author. Wonderfully descriptive and well researched. Many twists and turns in a relationship that stays strong despite the world trying to tear them apart. South Africa is described so beautifully it makes you yearn to set foot on it's rich earth. An all out winner.
Charlene
May 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed reading A Piece of My Heart, the characters were well developed and left you wanting to know more about their story.
Veronica Schmitt
Feb 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was fortunate enough to receive this as a gift. I am not generally, that loses herself in a book. This book and the authors attentions to detail, made me lose myself in the pages of the story about Alkin and Victoria. The author has been blessed with the gift of story telling and this book awakened feelings of sadness, triumph and made me smile more than once. An excellent read for any romance or travelling lovers.
Alison Paules
Feb 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant book. Glad there’s now a second one! Highly recommend both, but if you’re going to read them be warned you won’t want to put them down!!
Monica Kagan
Oct 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Review of A Piece of My Heart (Full Circle Book 1)

By Cindi Page

Brilliant debut!

In this exciting debut romance novel penned by Ms Cindi Page, unforgettable young heroine, Victoria, a South African teacher falls deeply in love with a mysterious Turkish businessman, Alkan in spite of their obvious differences. Ms Page weaves an enchanting tale of two lovers, bound by love divided by seemingly insurmountable circumstances. Their tumultuous affair will have you hanging onto each word in this wonderfu
Mya
Apr 27, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: chicklit
This was fluff and I have rated it as such. Easy-to-read, fast-paced (sometimes a little unrealistically?), and focused heavily on the two main characters and how they felt about each other. It may just be me (because I'm totally unromantic and the opposite of impulsive) but I did sometimes find myself wondering why the characters did what they did, but I went with it. There was also one love scene which, based on the lead lady's history, didn't add up for me, but again that's based on similar s ...more
Cindy
Jun 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Genuine, spirited and enchanting!

This beautiful globe-trotting love story keeps you hanging on from Japan to Istanbul to the sweeping wine farms in South Africa.

It's not often that a romance novel sparks my interest, but this is a great gem! The characters and their struggles with life and love are real as well as the beautiful settings. Made me wish I was back in the winelands watching the blue skies and blanketed Table Mountain again.

Truly hope we don't have to wait too long for the next inst
Elize Sewell
Jun 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved the book!

I have also fallen in love with Turkey when I was Victoria's age. Reading the book, I felt like I was walking through Sultanahmet, drinking apple tea, eating pastries and admiring the view of the Bosphorus.

I think we have all had our hearts broken and I could feel her pain.

Bringing the three countries together from a South African's point of view, is great.

I look forward to reading the sequel!
Christopher Conrady
Apr 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
*Received ARC for honest review*

I enjoyed this book a lot! It's a quick read, but by no means a shallow one. It's a book about second chances, and the role fate plays in our lives. It has a strong expatriate theme, which I really enjoyed. Truly a great job by this debut novelist.
Kim Mumbeck
Apr 17, 2016
Chris Martin
Apr 29, 2016
Cindi Page
Apr 27, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: written-by-me
fran gilbert
Jul 04, 2018
Linda B McCabe
Jul 20, 2018

Cindi Page writes unconventional romance and odd, often melancholic, short stories. She lives in London with her husband and two children.

"A piece of my heart" (April 2016) is her first full length novel.

Full Circle, the sequel to A Piece of My Heart went to market February 2018.

Sign up for her newsletter: www.cindipage.com for promotions and free content.

You can also follow her on Twitter: @1stTr