Start by marking “The Letter (Hills of Innocence Trilogy #2)” as Want to Read:
The Letter (Hills of Innocence Trilogy #2)

The Letter

(Hills of Innocence Trilogy #2)

First it was just a letter, maybe a joke, a coincidence. Now it was more than that. Now it was a living nightmare, threatening everyone he loved, pulling his greatest fear into a reality . . .

As the letters keep coming, Brock Sumner watches his world shatter at his feet. Building a wall around his heart seemed like the only answer. Is there any other way to protect the wo
Published April 13th 2016 by Willowy Whisper

To ask other readers questions about The Letter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Letter

Start your review of The Letter (Hills of Innocence Trilogy #2)
Jesseca Wheaton
Apr 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
My review:
4 stars

The Letter was a very enjoyable read! After reading the first book in the series, I wasn't quite sure what to expect from the second. I shouldn't have worried; I enjoyed it far more than the first book!

First of all ...Quinny. His story was, in my opinion, the highlight of the book. The struggles he went through, the pain, it was all shown so clearly. I found myself looking forward to his chapters, hoping against hope that somehow things would change for him. T
Faith
Wow. Let me start by saying this book is incredible. It made me laugh, it made me cry, it tore my heart out and trampled it with like a herd of stampeding horses...

*cough* But seriously. I'm writing this review two days after I finished the book because I'm still trying to recover from the barrage of emotions it brought along with it. ;)

I'm quite terrible at writing coherent book reviews, so let's move on and talk about the splendiferous characters. ^_^

Brock Sumner is the main character. He's
Rebekah Morris
Oct 10, 2016 rated it did not like it
I don't like writing one star reviews, but I felt that I had to on this one.
First off, I couldn't read the whole thing. I read the first 5 chapters, jumped ahead reading bits here and there, hoping to find something that would make me want to keep reading. I reached the climax and skimmed it as quickly as I could to get things solved, but cringed and shuddered while I read.
I felt that there was too much intimate descriptions of physical attraction, kissing, and even touching of women
Rebekah Duncan
Jul 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Alicia
Jun 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
I liked this even better than the first! I thought that the suspense aspect was really well done; I couldn't stop reading because I just had to find out who was sending the letters! There were a lot of possibilities so I ended up suspecting almost everyone (haha) before I found out who it was.

My favourite part of the story was the redemption of Quinny. There are different sides to him that we didn't really learn about in the first book and so he ended up being my favourite character
Kellyn Roth
Apr 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: review-to-come
There were good and bad things about this book. The emotions were high, the characters were beautiful, and there appears to be some geniusness to the plot. However, I couldn't keep track of the characters and POVs for the greater half of the story, I still have no idea of the back stories of Brock or Emma Mae, and I feel that the villain's motivation was ... weak? I mean, he was insane, so that's part of it, but ...? I guess it was realistic, but it was kinda a letdown. :P There were also some d ...more
Lilian
Nov 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviews, ownedebooks
The Letter was such an interesting book! I'm really glad I read it, since it's a lovely addition to Innocent. This book has a plot like one I've never read before, and it definitely kept me flipping the pages. And for being such a long book, it was certainly paced well. I never felt like it was draggy or that some parts could've been cut out.

The reason why I'm giving it 4 stars is because it was darker than books I normally like to read. A killer is wrapped into nearly every chapter, and by kil
J.C.
I cannot wrap my mind around this book.
This book was amazing.

I mean. Seriously.

Overview: It’s a Western murder mystery, with strong pulls of romance, and a positive, strong Christian message (not at all cheesy, either). It’s right up there with all the other great works of literature in my opinion—and get this: it’s written by a 17 year old! This book is easily one of the best written books I’ve ever read in my life. It had me in tears, had me laughing, had me shout/>
Kylie Hunt
Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First of all, as I mentioned in my other reviews - I love all the new cover art on this trilogy!

Willowy Whisper does it again in her second installment of the Hills Of Innocence Trilogy.

Weaving a tale of mystery and suspense -
she has you on edge of your seat wondering who is causing all the troubles for the main characters and why they are doing it.

This book deals with some real life situations and very difficult issues that may bother some readers, but
Willowy Whisper
Apr 21, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
The Letter (Hills of Innocence Trilogy #2) is a 100,300 word novel. It is a Christian-fiction, romance, western, and murder mystery novel. Intended for ages 13 and up, but appropriate for any age, although there is some violence and kissing.
Deborah
is currently reading it
Mar 09, 2019
Rose
Oct 09, 2019
WILLOWY WHISPER is a young Christian fiction author, graphic designer, and photographer. She lives in a beautiful place called West Virginia, nestled between mountain and field. She is the author of eleven novels, ten of which are published, and numerous short stories. She enjoys playing the piano, guitar, mandolin, and ukulele. She is also a born-again believer in Jesus Christ, an incurable roman ...more

Hills of Innocence Trilogy (3 books)
  • The Innocent (Hills of Innocence Trilogy #1)
  • The Pursued (Hills of Innocence Trilogy #3)
“Sometimes, I like to pick the brightest star and wish upon it. Pop always said to wish on falling stars, but I've never seen any.”
“Me, neither.” He paused and finally let himself look at her. “What do you wish for?”
Her cheeks turned a soft pink and she smiled. “If I told you,” she whispered, “it wouldn't come true.”
14 likes
“Brock sighed. “Alright then, Spunky. I was thinking about life, I guess.”
Spunky grunted. “In other words, you were thinking about a woman.”
“I didn't say that—”
“No.” Spunky grinned knowingly. “But your face did.”
9 likes