Start by marking “Cotton Candy Sally Finds a Home (The Sally Horse Chronicles #1)” as Want to Read:
Cotton Candy Sally Finds a Home (The Sally Horse Chronicles #1)

Cotton Candy Sally Finds a Home (The Sally Horse Chronicles #1)

In Council Bluffs, Iowa she was a beloved, talented quarter horse. But when Cotton Candy Sally arrived in New York City, they started calling her a nasty, sour nag. The girls at Bernadette’s riding school were afraid of her, and after bucking off her riders right onto the pavement, Sally started spending more and more time alone, with her head tethered to her stall. Couldn ...more
Published April 8th 2016 by Karen Belove

To ask other readers questions about Cotton Candy Sally Finds a Home, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cotton Candy Sally Finds a Home

Start your review of Cotton Candy Sally Finds a Home (The Sally Horse Chronicles #1)
Glen
Mar 18, 2017 rated it liked it
I won this book in a goodreads drawing.

A horse is sold and taken to New york, where it acquires a reputation as a troublemaker. The horse bonds with a girl to shed that reputation.

Not bad, but definitely for pre-teen girls.
Zlatina
Aug 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: giveaways
I received this book as a giveaway winner on Goodreads and I'm so happy with it. Thank you, Ms. Belove!
I want to tell you something significant about this book but all I can think of right now is that this is a lovely, touching, heart-warming story about a girl and her horse. Or about a horse and her Person. I was calm, tensed, frightened, relaxed, sad, and happy... The characters and I were one inseparable whole. I loved this story and I'd love to read its sequel(s).
Gwen
I received this book through Goodreads Giveaways. Thank you Ms. Belove, I did enjoy your book.
This is a story of a horse, Cotton Candy Sally, who has been uprooted from her home on a farm in Iowa and sold to a riding school in New York City. It is also the story of Kara, who has moved from a farm to New York City after the death of her dad. This is the story of what happens when they meet.
Although, this book appears to be aimed at young adults, I really enjoyed it and will be looking forward to
Theresa
Mar 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I've read books like this my whole life. Being older, I now know how sad it is when someone loses all of their horses because of death or divorce.

So Sally goes from a farm life in Iowa to a horse school in New York City and she doesn't like it one bit.

Along comes Kara who has lost everything as well and they fall in love.

This book has a happy ending and I look forward to more Cotton Candy Sally adventures!
Virginia
Won from GoodReads FirstReads

A sweet, compassionate horse story. :)
Christine Meunier
Feb 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, horse
Cotton Candy Sally Finds a Home is a delightful short tale for middle grade readers. The reader is first introduced to Sally in her lovely country home. She is kept in a stable overnight, fed and turned out on a regular basis. She is able to enjoy open pastures and socialising with other horses.

More at http://equus-blog.com/cotton-candy-sa...
Melanie Wilson
Feb 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Cotton Candy Sally Finds a Home-Karen Belove

Loved this great horse story...very touching

I received this book through Goodreads
Elizabeth
Feb 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
I won this book on goodreads. it was a quick read. Cotton candy Sally is sold and taken from the only home she has ever owned into New York City to a riding school. this is quite and adjustment from free to being kept in a barn all the time. Kara is a young girl who befriends Sally and learns that the horse is very special and will do whatever she can to help Sally.
Dana
Sep 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
I had my doubts about this book when I received my free copy from Goodreads since it looks like it is aimed at young readers. I also know next to nothing about horses so I didn't think I would enjoy it.
Well, this book proved me wrong! Not only did I enjoy it, it even made me tear up. The friendship between Sally and Kara really touched me.

On the other hand, I found the ending annoying. It wasn't bad, it just didn't sit well with me. The other characters basically played with Kara's feelings.
Carol Galbreath
Dec 21, 2018
Frances P. Haws
Oct 14, 2019
Karen Belove
May 11, 2016 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Frederick Rotzien