Start by marking “Drag Prince Charming” as Want to Read:
Drag Prince Charming

Drag Prince Charming

When 33 year old Katharyn reluctantly returns home to recover from an illness, she is forced to attend several elaborate parties with eligible gentlemen she has zero interest in. All to make her stubborn, pushy mother happy.

One night, she meets the beautiful seamstress and drag king Renata. In order to fool Katharyn's mother until Katharyn moves back out, Renata dons male
ebook
Published June 29th 2016 by Less Than Three Press (first published June 27th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Drag Prince Charming, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Drag Prince Charming

Shira Glassman
Jul 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: femslash
Review originally posted on The Lesbrary blog. The pitch: conflict-averse lesbian takes her girlfriend’s drag persona to meet Mom to avoid homophobic drama. The execution wound up being pretty cute and low-stress. Push past the slightly awkward, narrated beginning to get to some chemistry that really flows, both between the protagonist and her flock of sisters, and between the protagonist and her love interest. I read a ton of romance and it’s made me fairly picky about how well the couple ‘clic ...more
A.W.
Jun 17, 2016 rated it liked it
Katharyn returns home to recover from an illness and her mother takes this as a chance to set her up on dates with men. At one of the parties she's forced to attend, she meets Renata, a seamstress and drag king. Renata uses her drag king persona in order to fool Katharyn's mom; however, the ruse can only go for so long.

Drag Prince Charming was a nice short story that felt complete. Although I'm not sure why Katharyn decided that Renata use her drag king persona in order to date Renata and fool h
M
Jun 21, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: l-books, romance
Review to follow.
This was a fun little read and the ending makes for Feelings, but it was only okay in the end. I loved the premise, but just not sure about the execution.

I liked the relationship and the time they had to get to know one another, but I don't know how someone could put on drag for three months for a partner? I dunno, it was fun, but I also forgot I was reading it for a couple days plus about halfway through, and this is only a half-hour read for me.
Cute but Lackluster

I liked the relationship and the time they had to get to know one another, but I don't know how someone could put on drag for three months for a partner? I dunno, it was fun, but I also forgot I was reading it for a couple weeks plus about halfway through, and this is only a half-hour read for me.
Amy
Jun 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lesbian-fiction
I received a copy of this book from Inked Rainbow Reads in return for an honest review.
I really liked this story. And there was a lot to like. The chemistry between Renata and Katharyn is great, and kind of magical, drawing me in to their conversations and interactions and leaving me wanting more. Katharyn seemed like a pushover, until you realize that there is a core of steel there that allows her to be true to herself, even in the pressure from her mother. And Renata is willing to do a lot in
Kitty Kat
Jun 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Katharyn goes home to stay with her parents while recuperating from an illness. Her mother is intent on setting her up with dates with eligible young men, even though she knows her daughter dates women. Katharyn is too nice to confront her mother and goes on these awful dates, much to the amusement of her sisters. While on one of these dates she meet Renata and falls for her. When it transpires Renata also has a drag persona, Mateo, they decide to pretend she is seeing this man to keep her mothe ...more
Book Gannet
May 31, 2016 rated it liked it
This is a sweet little read, with some likeable, nice characters. There really isn’t a lot I can say about it, except that the entire idea of Renata dressing as Mateo was a bit confusing. Katharyn’s mother is very pushy, wanting more grandchildren and to see Katharyn settled, but Katharyn admits that when she’s in a relationship with a woman her mother usually backs off… so why did Renata have to dress as Mateo? It makes absolutely no sense.

Aside from that, because this is so short, it’s a lot m
Ry
Jun 06, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
this could have been pretty good with about 200 more pages and more "showing not telling" but as is, it falls flat
Susan Rose
Jan 28, 2017
Feb 28, 2017
MG
May 05, 2017
Less Than Three P...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Giveaway - Drag Prince Charming by B.A. Huntley - CLOSED 11 28 Jun 20, 2016 11:32AM