Start by marking “The Sam Reilly Collection (Sam Reilly #1-3)” as Want to Read:
The Sam Reilly Collection (Sam Reilly #1-3)

The Sam Reilly Collection

(Sam Reilly #1-3)

Three bestselling Sam Reilly novels by the new Master of Action and Adventure, Christopher Cartwright!

1. The Last Airship

In 1939 a secret airship departed Nazi Germany in the dark of night filled with some of the most influential people of its time.

Its cargo: a complement of rich Jewish families carrying their most valuable possessions. One such item amongst them was as dan
Published April 7th 2016

Start your review of The Sam Reilly Collection (Sam Reilly #1-3)
Sam
May 15, 2017 rated it liked it
This volume has the first three books of the Sam Reilly series, two of which I have read previously, while the second in the series was a new read for me.

The Last Airship is a good fast paced crime thriller with a big dose of conspiracy and mystery thrown in for good measure. Our lead, Sam Reilly, has had a very privileged upbringing which allows him to chase down a 75 year old mystery and also contributes to his involvement in the first place. Thankfully he is generally quite a like
Anna
Feb 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Interesting characters, with fascinating plots, and a lot of action. Worthwhile reading again, so I will add it to my read again collection on my Kindle.
Michael Wood
Oct 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Excellent Mystery/Adventure Series 1-3

As Sam Reilly and his band of oddball/genius protagonists search the world for secrets that can save the planet, various outside forces either try to help or try to stop them short of their goals. The goals often seem impossible, the pay is low, and the hours long. People die all around our heroes.
This series of novels is exactly what an adventure series should be, with constant action, multiple historic secrets and beautifully intelligent women.
Thomas
Aug 24, 2016 rated it did not like it
A really stupid read

I like my heroes intelligent with some common sense. This guy sails into a hurricane, almost killed twice, asks for help but forgets his phone, thanks his girl companion is the target when he is almost killed again.
Lindsay
Oct 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
AUDIOBOOK REVIEW

The Sam Reilly collection - Book 1 The last airship - I really enjoyed this story about a missing airship that escaped from Nazi Germany during the war. The ship has never been found. what secrets are buried with her and why are so many people looking for her but also does someone want Sam Reilly dead and if so who and why? This book is exciting and you get swept along on this treasure hunt for Sam’s life. It is full of twists and turns and you can trust no one.
Roger
Apr 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Last Airship, my fourth read from author Christopher Cartwright. Well-written and captivating with well-developed main characters reminding one of Dan Brown’s writing as well as the character of Indiana Jones. It’s hard coming into a series in the middle, books #4, #5 & #6 I’d obviously missed much so I went back to the beginning. Since I own both the Audible & Kindle versions I was able to follow along while being read to.
The Last Mahogany Ship, my fifth read from author Chris
Jan Miller
May 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the first three books of the Sam Reilly series! The Last Airship, The Mahogany Ship, and Atlantis Stolen. Each story is a standalone listen, with the common character of Sam Reilly featured in each book. The books are full of action, historical elements and vivid imagery. I love how the author weaves the mystery from the past into current situation. Sam Reilly has a penchant for peril and the duty to serve his country. Christopher Cartwright is a talented author who has a natural ability ...more
Diane
Jul 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great Series!

This is my first time reading any of Cartwright's books & I thoroughly enjoyed the series! He does a great job of bringing everything to life & has an excellent writing style. The first three books in this series are heavy in not only history, but also in archeology. I was kind of leary about enjoying this type of genre, but Cartwright did such a great job that I'm looking forward to reading more on Reilly to see how everything plays out. This was books 1 through 3 of the
Cory Williamson
Jun 15, 2019 rated it did not like it
This is easily the most terribly written piece of trash I’ve ever attempted to read. I actually signed up for good reads just to leave this review. My husband and I started laughing making up our own ridiculous overly extensive “scientific” description with a pile of deus ex machina tossed in after I read him a scene of a boat sinking as he was looking for dive equipment. Low and behold..... the next four pages were filled with the exact hilarious “writing” we’d improvised. I’m not sure if I sho ...more
Victoria Haugen
Jul 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow, these three books were amazing!! Great story, great narration, great plot, loved it all. All 3 stories are similarly structured and inter-connected, so it's worth reading them all together/back to back. Great historical content, I'm super impressed with this collection. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone who loves historical books, can't go wrong with these! :) Lots of action & adventure, suspenseful, thrilling! GREAT READ.
I was given this free review copy audiobook at my request an
Diane Lomuscio
May 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sea Tales

A three book collection of the ancient tale of Atlantis. These books were reminiscent of the early Clive Cusler’s works. A central, larger than life ,character with a faithful sidekick & a couple of beautiful, sexy women thrown in for additional entertainment. Not timeless prose but entertaining. I enjoyed all 3 books but found that sometimes I wished it would all come to an end. Worth your time but don’t expect to want more.
NickTheMoose
Don
Jul 02, 2017 rated it did not like it
Red Necked Hillbilly

So a red necked hillbilly is only good enough to be the front line fodder for the elite to sacrifice. Never good enough to be a Navy Seal. Well, this red necked southern hillbilly, with an IQ he professes to be 50 points higher than said author, has the one star awarded power to forever adorn this novels rating list. Your condensing attitude, along with your writing skills, or lack there of, deserves nothing more.
Amanda
Apr 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sam-reilly
The first trilogy of the amazing Sam Reilly novels. I loved the Dan Brown stories but I love these more. These stories send me off on browser tangents, looking things and events up...Google Earth to find the wonderful settings Chris has woven into his stories. I have binge-read this trilogy and many more. I honestly couldn't stop reading. He's my new current favourite author. 😁
Deedra
Jul 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a compilation of the first three books in the series.I really like the series.The first book is the best! In all we follow marine biologist Sam on his quest to answer questions and solve problems.There seems to always be a sinister plot.A really good read!David Gilmore was the perfect narrator.I was given this book by the narrator,author or publisher free for an honest review.
Mike Calabrese
May 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
10 Pounds of Exitement in a 5 Pound Bag

This 3 in 1 series is similar to the Harvey Bennett series by Nick Thacker. The main characters keep getting into death defying situations and then move onto the next one. All 3 of the stories were very exciting and almost plausible. This was an enjoyable read.
michelle burrow
Sep 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Modern Indy

An easy read. A modern Indiana Jones. Enjoyable, if not plausible. Filled with daring do, technology and a dash of legend and myth thrown in that adds colour to existing natural and man-made wonders
Brad
Sep 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: aussie-author
I have reviewed these books individually, but I just loved having them all together in the collection.
Book 1 was great, book 2 not as good, but I loved the pace of book 3.
And books 2 and 3 almost blend together, so it was good reading them back to back in this set.
Philip Richardson
May 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sam and Tom can do it all!

I like a good adventure story and these three books fill the bill. Good character development with people one can relate to. Indiana Jones, watch out because Sam Reilly is on your tail!
Joyce Gould
Jul 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Excellent!

so well written that even though history and explorations never were my interest, this trilogy kept me looking forward to the next paragraph never mind the next book. Learned a lot and enjoyed every minute of it! Thank you!
Melissa
Sep 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great adventure read!

This series was engaging and hard to put down. The characters, though not your average humans, are intelligent and capable and not so unbelievable that you become engrossed in the stories. I also love the history that is woven into story lines.
Bob Caroti
Feb 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wow!

Completely contrived and hopping around so the reader is spinning. Yet I fully enjoyed all three adventures and will most likely pick up the next chapters in this series.a good yarn!
daisy riddle
Nov 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great stories!

Very imaginative plots with loads of action. My only complaint is that the men. are invariably in the superhero mould, and the women in the supermodel mould, and all are intolerably intelligent!
NanaShauna Joesten
Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow this has you on The edge of your seat right from the beginning. This is a action packed and heart pounding read. That entertains you for hours. And theres never a dull moment. The Narrator does a Fantastic job. The Author is so creative. I definitely recommend this read.
Shauna Joesten
David Webster
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Action, Intrigue, Danger, Thrills - FABULOUS!

If you like action and adventure, far-away places, riveting plots and exciting characters you will love the Sam Reilly collection. If there were a real James Bond, he would love these books. Get in on the action now!
Monte
Sep 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Very like Clive Cussler books. Lots of action, hero with very capable sidekick, hero is independently wealthy so can buy his way out of tight spots. Enjoyable read.
Mindy
Jun 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great set, on to the next!
Stephen
May 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WOW! This is one of my new favorite series. It runs similar to Clive Cussler's Dirk Pitt series. Great writing, outlandish quests, and just plain fun reading.
Dchamp
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Outstanding books 1-3 of a series!!!
Very well written, not very predictable and ends well.
Can't wait to start the next 3!
Randy Neumueller
May 21, 2017 rated it did not like it
Didnt like it

Not worth the time. Too much unneeded detail that only confused the reader resulting in a loss of interest. Sorry
Chris Page
Oct 24, 2019 rated it liked it
First two stories were really novel and interesting, the third lost its way somewhere which is a shame.

• Powdered Gold: Templars and the American Ark of the Covenant (Templars in America Series Book 3)
  • The Rossler Foundation Mysteries
  • The Jefferson Legacy (Harvey Bennett #4)
  • The Golden Crystal
  • Harvey Bennett Thrillers: Books 1-3 (Harvey Bennett Thrillers Box Set)
  • The Isaac Question: Templars and the Secret of the Old Testament (Templars in America Series Book 5)
  • The Rendezvous Series: Books 1 - 3
  • Back Story (Reed Ferguson Mystery #10)
  • Death of a Temptress (Dave Slater, #1)
  • Lost Distinction (Jordan James PI, #2)
  • The Dig (The Blackwell Files #9)
  • The Ice Chasm (Harvey Bennet #3)
  • The Protocol (James Acton Thrillers, #1)
  • Ice (Dr. Leah Andrews and Jack Hobson Thrillers, #1)
  • Fallen Series: A Jesse McDermitt Bundle (Caribbean Adventure #1-3)
  • Clint Wolf Boxed Set: Books 4 - 6
  • Goliath (Ryan Mitchell, #1)
  • Credible Threat (Blake Jordan, #2)
Christopher Cartwright writes spellbinding mysteries and suspense novels. Often with a backdrop of ocean adventure. Born in 1983, he has a background as a paramedic, and is an avid sailor and SCUBA diver.

He holds degrees in paramedics, nursing and emergency management.

Chris currently lives in Sydney with his wife and two children.

Sam Reilly (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • The Last Airship (Sam Reilly #1)
  • The Mahogany Ship (Sam Reilly #2)
  • Atlantis Stolen (Sam Reilly #3)
  • Rogue Wave (Sam Reilly #4)
  • The Cassidy Project (Sam Reilly #5)
  • The Nostradamus Equation (Sam Reilly #6)
  • The Third Temple (Sam Reilly #7)
  • The Aleutian Portal (Sam Reilly #8)
  • Code to Extinction (Sam Reilly #9)
  • The Ironclad Covenant (Sam Reilly #10)