Start by marking “Cinco Puntos: Hacia una Experiencia Más Profunda de la Gracia de Dios” as Want to Read:
Cinco Puntos: Hacia una Experiencia Más Profunda de la Gracia de Dios

Cinco Puntos: Hacia una Experiencia Más Profunda de la Gracia de Dios

John Piper expone en este pequeño libro las doctrinas que lo han llevado a conocer a Dios de una manera más profunda: las doctrinas de la gracia. Piper quiere enseñarte de forma amena y muy personal esas valiosas doctrinas que Dios enseña en Su Palabra. Si quieres conocer más acerca del amor de Dios y de Su gracia, ¡léete este libro!

"Imagina la oportunidad de cenar y conv

Published by Poiema Publicaciones (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Cinco Puntos, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cinco Puntos

Adam Calvert
Apr 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: theology
Probably the best introductory work to the "Five Points of Calvinism" I've read to date. There are many great intros out there - but this has got to be the best to point someone to if they're interested in knowing what the Scriptures say, but hearing it in a tone that is very pastoral. That is, as with all Piper's books (that I've read), it's very clear he wrote this because he so greatly cares for his readers and wants them to have a deeper relationship with God, but one that is based on God's ...more
Trenton Morales
Feb 28, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Whenever you read something of this nature, I recommend you have the word of God right there with you. Not because of distrust in John Piper, but so that you know for yourself where he is coming from. With that said, Piper gives you a great layout of the doctrines of grace in this handbook.
Yilina Li
Aug 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"To enjoy him we must know him. Seeing is savoring. If he remains a blurry, vague fog, we may be intrigued for a season. But we will not be stunned with joy, as when the flog clears and you find yourself on the brink of some vast precipice." (pg.8)
"These five points (of grace) are still at the heart of biblical theology. They are not unimportant. Where we stand on these things deeply affects our view of God, man, salvation, the atonement, regeneration, assurance, worship, and missions." (pg.12)

I
Aria
Jul 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-we-read
The last point was a bit confusing but if you want a short, sweet, but comprehensive "guide" to the doctrines of Grace, or, Calvinism, this is it!
Brenda
Aug 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: challies-2017
Excellent explanation of the Five Points of Calvinism. The chapters on Limited Atonement and Perseverance of the Saints were especially helpful.
Ryan Kiser
Dec 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
John Piper's book, Five Points, is a wonderfully concise and well written introductory book on the five doctrines that make up the Calvinistic view. Even though the book is short, consisting of only 94 pages, it still provides readers with an in-depth view of each of the five doctrines defined in the book. As in all of Piper's works, you can feel his passion for the topic at hand pour from each page, growing the curiosity of the reader and challenging them to pursue a deeper and stronger faith. ...more
Bob O'bannon
Jan 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the book I will now start giving to those who are curious about Calvinism. It is brief (94 pages), carefully reasoned (Piper even adjusts the order of the five points so they are considered more closely in line with our own experience), Scripture-based (of course), and includes several practical implications in chapter 8 that show that Calvinism is not just some abstract theological brainteaser. Maybe the best of these is found on p. 81 -- "I go to bed at night quietly confident that I w ...more
Tim Gresham
Aug 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A concise but powerful work on the doctrines of grace. Sometimes it is easy to miss the beauty of the forest by overly examining each leaf and tree. This book allows the reader to first enjoy the beauty of the forest without leaving out the importance of the roots, trunk, and leaves of the trees. I'm grateful for this brief portrayal of the five points of Calvinism and can heartily recommend it to readers of all levels.
Kevin
Apr 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is short, and therefor very readable for anyone interested in getting an idea of what each of the 5 Calvinist doctrines of grace are all about. Despite the short length, I read the book over a longer period. The whole thing was a joy to read and a great overview of a topic that one can spend a lifetime on and still want to dive deeper into. I especially enjoyed the chapter on limited atonement, and have read it a few times since. Warmly recommended!
Calvin
Nov 06, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: theology
Piper doesn't always do simple, but this is just a joy to read. A short little reminder of all the doctrines of Grace that will be familiar territory to most, certainly to anyone familiar with Pastor John's output over the years. Great gift book too; one to have several copies of in your glove compartment, unless you actually keep gloves in there that is.
Jonathan McIntosh
Mar 15, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sermon-study
A warm and concise (readable!) look at the system of doctrine known as the Five Points of Calvinism. I'll be using this in our to church to introduce the doctrines of grace to people who might be indifferent or adverse to Calvinism. Very helpful.
James Lockwood
Well written and easy to read. I haven't read anything else by John Piper but this makes me think I will. However I'm not sure I agree with the 5 points, but further reading is a must! A good introduction to the points though, informative and helpful.
David
Jan 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Must read. Few books can unpack the doctrines of grace and salvation this thoroughly and well. Even less can do it this concisely. Less than 100 pages to a true understanding of Salvation dan Grace.
Darrell George
Jul 03, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Disclaimer: while this review is critical in nature, it’s not my place to judge Piper’s motives, sincerely, or faith. All believers will stand before Jesus Christ soon to give an account —starting with myself. The critical standard applied to Mr. Piper’s book should be equally applied to this review based on the Word of God.

John Piper confesses some of the theological implications of embracing Calvinism. He writes, "Where we stand on these things [five points of Calvinism] deeply affects our vie
Randall Hartman
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recently a friend asked me what Reformed theology was about. The question led me to read and recommend Five Points: Towards a Deeper Experience of God’s Grace by John Piper. This relatively short, accessible, yet well-supported book provides an understandable introduction to the Reformed theology of salvation. An electronic version is offered free on the Desiring God website.

Two things struck me about this book. First is that much of Reformed theology is simply ordinary, orthodox Christianity th
B.J. Richardson
Nov 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is an excellent introduction to the doctrines of Calvanism. Strike that. This is the best introduction to Calvinism that I have ever read. John Piper in his clear, Biblically based, pastoral way presents the Five points of Calvinism (Total Depravity, Unconditional Election, Limited Atonement, Irresistible Grace, and Perseverance of the Saints) in a way that will be easy to understand for the casual reader, yet still rich in depth for the college graduate.

That said, I feel as though he is w
Michael Boling
Nov 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The topic of Calvinism and the acronym known as TULIP most often associated with and used to describe that theological system has certainly seen its share of scholarly books written about the purported pros and cons contained in its approach. Many volumes grace my own bookshelves on this topic so who really needs yet another book on how to understand Calvinism, right? The answer is I submit is there is still room to discuss the issue of God’s sovereignty and grace and Dr. John Piper in his lates ...more
Cliff Dailey
Feb 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In a brief manner, John Piper presents the history of John Calvin's famed 5 points. At the same time, Piper exposits each point and provides proficient Biblical support and analogies. I hope this read helps bring all readers to a conclusion about Calvin's 5 points in an honest and credible fashion. I hope to find a piece of literature like this on Jacob Arminius' 5 points, which provoked Calvin's 5 points. This book introduced me well to the "Doctrines of Grace" and after wrestling through them ...more
Richard Cobb
Feb 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is a clear and concise treatment on weighty theological truths. John Piper is great in this work at drawing out the implications of the opposing arguments. He is also very clear to always go back to Scriptures and not just rely on human thought for his reason for his arguments.

A great resource is not always one that deals extensively with every issue, but one that brings clarity to a few. Though tomes have been written about these “Five Points” this is a helpful resource for anyone who
Meirav Berale
Super helpful! If you're a Christian and you've always thought Calvinist theology is complicated, or weird, or in any way beyond you - this book is short and very accessible, it doesn't assume prior knowledge, and it's full of Bible references to back up these doctrines.

And here's the thing that might surprise you: Calvin didn't invent these ideas - they're straight outta Scripture.

Also: these doctrines are SO encouraging! Do yourself a favour - put aside your assumptions, ask God to help you un
Vianny D'Souza
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Short and exceptional is what I would say. The doctrines of grace, as essential for Christian growth and maturity can sometimes be very complex to grasp, and maybe muddled due to preconceived notions and unbiblical philosophies. I think Piper does a great job of simplifying them in explaining them. A fantastic read. I can confidently even recommend it for an Arminian who is skeptical about the reformed doctrines, but is open to learn.
Justin
May 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is exactly what I was looking for to introduce and walk someone through the doctrines of grace. The chapters are short, full of scripture, and to the point. It is a small book, not intimidating to anyone and anyone would benefit from this work - even those who don't like to read theology. The history of the doctrines at the beginning and the testimonies at the end are very nice touches.
Aaron Ventura
Jul 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
God bless John Piper. I read this to refresh my mind on the TULIP for an album I am writing of the same name. The actual exposition of the five points is decent but I think Wilson's "Easy Chairs, Hard Words" is superior. That said, the other 5 chapters are worth the price of admission as they bring these doctrines into practical and worshipful focus.
Jonathan Roberts
Nov 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, 2017
This book is a brief summary of the five points of Calvinism. Therefore it does not offer an in depth defense, but if you want a succinct and clear biblical explanation of why these five points then this is the book for you. Highly recommended
Mark Donald
May 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this for free at https://www.desiringgod.org/books/fiv...

Piper is a clear, biblical teacher. Five Points was a rich and encouraging read, even for someone who is thoroughly convinced of the doctrines of grace.

Highly recommended.
Andy Hendry
Aug 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great introduction to the five points of Calvinism, or as Piper says, The five points of grace.
Steve Alde
This book unpacks central biblical truths that lead genuine believers to worship, praise, honor, and treasure God in Christ above all things.
Paul Pompa
Aug 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 Points

Clear and concise explanation of the five points of Calvinism, the essential elements of The Gospel. John Piper is a good and faithful servant.
Bambi Moore
May 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: doctrine
Great introduction to the doctrines of grace.
Ian Hammond
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful explanation of the doctrines of grace. Piper covers several key texts, including some that people use to object to each point.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Systematic Theology: An Introduction to Christian Belief
  • For the Fame of God's Name: Essays in Honor of John Piper
  • Kingdom through Covenant: A Biblical-Theological Understanding of the Covenants
  • From Heaven He Came and Sought Her: Definite Atonement in Historical, Biblical, Theological, and Pastoral Perspective
  • The King in His Beauty: A Biblical Theology of the Old and New Testaments
  • The Gospel: How the Church Portrays the Beauty of Christ
  • Killing Calvinism: How to Destroy a Perfectly Good Theology from the Inside
  • The Joy of Calvinism: Knowing God's Personal, Unconditional, Irresistible, Unbreakable Love
  • Gospel Deeps: Reveling in the Excellencies of Jesus
  • Evangelism: How the Whole Church Speaks of Jesus
  • God in the Whirlwind: How the Holy-Love of God Reorients Our World
  • Biblical Theology in the Life of the Church: A Guide for Ministry
  • The Joy Project: A True Story of Inescapable Happiness
John Piper is founder and teacher of desiringGod.org and chancellor of Bethlehem College & Seminary. For 33 years, he served as senior pastor at Bethlehem Baptist Church, Minneapolis, Minnesota.

He grew up in Greenville, South Carolina, and studied at Wheaton College, Fuller Theological Seminary (B.D.), and the University of Munich (D.theol.). For six years, he taught Biblical Studies at Bethe
“Rather we say that in the cross, God had in view the actual, effective redemption of his children from all that would destroy them, including their own unbelief. And we affirm that when Christ died particularly for his bride, he did not simply create a possibility or an opportunity for salvation, but really purchased and infallibly secured for them all that is necessary to get them saved, including the grace of regeneration and the gift of faith.” 1 likes
“And because his love for you never had a beginning, it can have no end.” 1 likes