Start by marking “Antisocial” as Want to Read:
Antisocial

Antisocial

Alexandria Prep is about to be exposed.

Senior spring was supposed to mean sleeping through class and partying with friends. But for Anna Soler, it’s going to be a lonely road. She’s just been dumped by her perfect basketball star boyfriend—with no explanation. Anna’s closest friends, the real ones she abandoned while dating him, are ignoring her. The endearing boy she’s al
Published May 16th 2017 by Delacorte Press

Dannii Elle
I received this in exchange for an honest review from NetGalley. Thank you to the author, Jillian Blake, and the publisher, Delacorte Press, for this opportunity.

The moment I received the email to inform me that I had been approved for this arc, I dropped everything and started reading it. The synopsis described this as "Pretty Little Liars meets WikiLeaks" and I was immediately intrigued.

Alexandria Prep is your typical, American high school where each student is defined by their online presence
Zyra
Aug 04, 2017 rated it liked it
I really didn't connect with any of the characters. I just felt everyone was very selfish throughout the book. But it was fun to read everyone's dirty secrets get out. & it was nicely wrapped up in the end, given every mean & selfish things that had happened .
Short  Reviews
So what have I learned from this book? That pretty much every character is a liar.
I think only their parents and the principal were honest at this point, and Minna. That's it. And that woukd have been okay to read as a story, if there had been proper character development. Instead, we get the typical pathetic YA lead, Anna, as the main girl.

Would not reread nor reccommend to anyone. Anna was selfish and vapid as fuck. Her friends were either meek and boring (Minna) or overly bitchy to the point
Jen Ryland
At first I wasn't sure about this one. The idea of the students at a tony private high school being terrorized by a teenage hacktivist who has infiltrated their phones and is spilling all their darkest secrets isn't exactly the most original idea out there. (For example Pretty Little Liars and Get Even.)

The book's protagonist, Anna, suffers from social anxiety. I thought it was interesting that the story was told through that lens -- from the point of view of someone to whom social interaction
Sara (A Gingerly Review)
Jun 21, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2017, physical-2017
What in the ever loving crap was this!? I cannot and will not read a book where the author cheaps out and refuses to TELL YOU A STORY. What do I mean? Instead of describing the hair of a boy she compares it to a Hollywood actor's hair. Uh.. Help a sister out and explain it to me. Don't expect me to get every one of your references because I won't. This book is so dated it's disturbing. You name the CURRENT hottie, actor, movie, or social media thing then it's in this story. It triggered me and t ...more
Paige (Illegal in 3 Countries)
See more of my reviews on The YA Kitten! My copy was an ARC I got from Amazon Vine.
Diversity: 3 – Closer to Reality
Racial-Ethnic:
4 (Anna is half-Columbian; her best friend Radhika is Indian and Rad’s boyfriend Andrew is Chinese)
QUILTBAG: 1 (quite a few characters get outed as gay by the leaks, but only one has any major role)
Disability: 3 (Anna has social anxiety disorder and her ex has OCD/anxiety too)
Intersectionality: 3 (Anna is pretty well-written and I’m happy to see all three categories a
Lauren
Jun 05, 2017 rated it it was ok
My fault for trying to read YA again but wow the references in this book aren't going to age well.
malayna
Sep 19, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-stars
MY OPINION: ***

So I completely forgot about this book review...

This is going to be really short, as well as really poorly written. This is mainly because it's late and I have homework but I've forgotten about this for so long that I had to do it now. Also, I read it a few days ago, meaning that there are some things that I wanted to say that I will forget to say.

So this book was strange. I didn't LOVE it, I didn't HATE it. I honestly don't know how I felt about it. It was kind of an "on the side
Kara
Feb 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-releases
First things first. Trigger warnings for suicide, doxing, and a short self-harm scene. None of it was promoted as positive or romanticized--it was just there.

This book was fantastic. High school can be a really tough place for many people. I know it was tough for me, and I went to high school before the age of social media, where any rumor can be spread with the click of a button faster than a bully can trip a kid in the hallway, sending their books flying.

In an internet age, when almost our ent
Mehsi
40% and I am dropping this one.

What I expected: a mystery, someone spreading secrets all over the world. A bit of heartbreak.
What I got instead: a terrible MC, a rebound (what did she think would happen if she did that?), mystery? really?, hacks? whut?, secrets? where?.
In 40% we got TWO, yes TWO hack thingies. 1) for a google search (oohhh so much oohhh), and 2) exposing secrets of Wallace. Ohhh, dear, so much hacks! *snorts* One at 9%, and then the other at 38/39%.

This looked so great, and
Jasmine
I thought the mystery aspect of the book was interesting and the ending was pretty cool...but I don't understand how they are connected. I felt like this went from suspense/thriller to cheesy teen after school special.

The main character is diverse - she is Latina and struggles with anxiety. But like another reviewer said, it seemed like her anxiety was only apparent when it was convenient, as if it were merely a tool for building tension. Her mental illness didn't seem consistent throughout the
katayoun Masoodi
May 25, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: ebook, ya
2 1/2 really, there were some ok parts and some parts that i felt i wanted to kick them all and some parts that was like a bollywood movie, dramatic and unreal. though reading this after one of my favorite books probably didn't help.
PinkAmy loves  \\u0026#x1f495; books\\u0026#x1f4d6;, cats\\u0026#x1f63b; and naps\\u0026#x1f6cf;
GRADE: B-
3.5 STARS

Someone hacked the cell phones at Anna's elite prep school, revealing the students' crimes and misdemeanors, everything from steroids to outing gay students to mean texts about friends. College offers are rescinded, friendships shattered and not everyone will survive.

Although Anna is a senior in high school, #ANTISOCIAL feels like more of a middle school cautionary tale about the dangers of what we do and say online and being kind to peers. The Disneyesque ending will probably
Priscilla Moreno
May 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Antisocial is reminiscent of "Mean Girls" with an updated premise and vocabulary. Anna's school has been the target of a hack that has affected everyone in the student body (and even a teacher). Everyone's secrets are being revealed and the consequences include ruined friendships, lost college admissions, and broken dreams. More than just a cautionary tale on the dangers of the internet, Antisocial is realistic in its premise and execution.
Reg Mars
Mar 20, 2017 marked it as dnf
Shelves: netgalley
I got this from Netgalley in exchange for my honest review. I really didn't want to DNF this but I couldn't do it. I was trying but couldn't get passed the first chapter. I just couldn't deal with the writing. It wasn't enjoyable.
Josie
Nov 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
A great one sitting read, that had me up until the early hours desperate to know what happened next.
The writing is good, and is does pack quite a punch in regards to the subject matter and the speed in which those punches keep coming at you in the later part of the book.
I’m glad that this book has been written and hope that it reaches a lot of its target audience.
A great debut novel. Would like to read more by this rather unknown author.
Anna
Apr 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book the characters were realistic and Flawn 3/4 of the way through there was a twist I did not see coming wasn’t a fan of the ending but you cannot have everything always kind of in a meeting but I would recommend
kory.
Okay, well this was...not what I was expecting? And not in a good way. None of the characters are likable. Seriously, they're all the worst. And they get away with it. The ending and it's supposed "message" are crap (more on that at the end). Other than who hacked the very first person, we don't find out who the hackers were. There was on page Asian, Indian, and Colombian rep, but as I said, the characters aren't...great? They're either awful people or lack any kind of personality. They definite ...more
Claire (bookscoffeeandrepeat)
*Huge thanks to Netgalley and the publisher for letting me read this book in exchange for an honest book review!*

This book is essentially about the effects of social media when taken to the extremes. I immediately requested this because the premise seemed interesting. The mere mention of Pretty Little Liars was enough to keep me intrigued. I liked the author's writing and I could immediately distinguish the different voices of the characters.

I just wished there was more character development,
☘Tara Sheehan☘
Feb 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
First I have to give a big thumbs up to Jillian Blake for how well she handled the issue of anxiety in her main character. I felt she accurately portrayed this mental health condition particularly as it relates to teens and their particular psychological development.

It was nice to read a book that had such a diverse group of characters with different sexual orientations, cultures, skin colors, etc instead of the normal group of white girls who are all blonde or brunette. There was some of the s
Michelle
Apr 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: giveaways-read
Loved it.
Speaks a lot about how dishonest we can be, even with those we love & care about.
Speaks a lot about how important honesty is, even if it hurts the ones you love. I mean, would you rather just get it offa your chest? Instead of holding of in or talking behind their back? I would, hurtful or not.
It also speaks about an important issue everyone loves to sweep under the rug: Mental Illness of all flavors. We shouldn't have to fear talking about what's dwelling in our heads. How & w
Cassi
May 21, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: owned-arcs
This is probably closer to 3.5 stars

I was totally intrigued by the idea of this books. Mean Girls meets Wikileaks sounds amazing. And it also sounded like an intriguing mystery/ And while it was engaging and interesting, it didn't quite live up to my hopes.

One of the things that I did like about this book was the characters. This is a book full of unlikable characters who felt like realistic teenagers. I think the Mean Girls comparison here was about the characters. Firstly because there was a h
Valery Tikappa
Aug 05, 2018 rated it liked it
I don't know what to think about this book.
Antisocial is a contemporary YA in which the main character Anna has social anxiety and suffers of panic attacks. To make matters worse her boyfriend, thanks to which she became popular, dumped her and now she's alone, trying to regain her previous friendships.
But things have a twist when all the cellphones are hacked and everyone secrets are exposed.

Antisocial premises were fantastic.
The plot reminded me of Gossip Girl and because I am the biggest fan
Aria
Jun 20, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review can also be found at Snow White Hates Apples.

Reading Antisocial is like watching a soap opera. And while this book is an incredibly addictive read—a huge pro, there’s a bunch of cons as well.

First of all, this book has some terrible dialogue. I’m aware that realistic dialogue can be difficult to write, but the first 20-odd pages were very much cringe to me. Though, I could overlook the terrible dialogue when the plot started heating up. The narration on the other hand, tells too much and
Stephanie Ward
3.5 Stars

'Antisocial' is a thrilling young adult contemporary mystery that looks at some of the real problems social media and always being "connected" online can cause. The topic and plot are perfectly in sync with today's culture and makes the reader step back and really consider the things discussed in the story. I'm a huge fan of mysteries and thrillers, so this book was right up my alley. Here are my top pros and cons:

Pros:

Characters - Well rounded with distinct personalities and traits, es
Rachel
May 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, for-review
ANTISOCIAL is a fascinating and compelling and unputdownable read that sheds light on what can happen to friendships and to lives when “private” data becomes public. It shows just how hungry for gossip everyone is, how quick to spread the word, how riveted to the scandal, how hasty to point fingers, and how vicious we can become. But it also reminds us that not everyone is all good or all bad, that we are more than the negative things we say or that are said about us, and that for most of us the ...more
Sritha Bandla
May 14, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: may-2017
Well, there is a lot I should say about this book. I can’t say this is the best book I have ever read or something but you can give it a try if your are hard core YA fan.

Antisocial is about a girl Anna who is suffering from SAD. Social Anxiety Disorder. In a way Anna is little bit like me. I don’t get all worked up if I meet some strangers but I do feel bit weird. I like to spend time alone as do Anna.

So, Anna just came out of a serious relationship. At least that is what she thought. She is so
Alexia
Feb 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: may-2017
I’m gonna be honest here, guys. I wasn’t really expecting much from this book. I was in love with the cover, and in fact, that was one of the things that first drew me to this book. I was also worried this book would read too young for me. I’ve been out of high school for nearly 14 years and the internet was still young and Facebook & Twitter and all those other social media sites didn’t exist.

But oh man, this book was exactly what I needed when I read it. It was juicy, salacious and with a
Shane
Antisocial has an important message in regards to what you put out there, whether in text messages or posting on social media. And while that is a great aspect of the story, for the most part, I felt detached. There were times the situation just didn't make much of an impact on me because I've read it so many times in other books with the same school setting. However, it is realistic and depicts what's happening now in this digital age we're living in. It's just that I feel like the story could ...more
Jessica
May 13, 2017 rated it liked it
I was very intrigued when I first read this synopsis and thought it would be so interesting if everyone's online secrets were suddenly revealed. The internet and social media are places people feel like they can do things without people knowing or without repercussion, so I couldn't wait to see what would happen when high schoolers would have to face the consequences of those secrets being revealed.

Coming back from winter break, senior Anna Soler has returned to a very different life. As her bo
JILLIAN BLAKE grew up in New England, where she kept her deepest, darkest secrets password-protected. Antisocial is her first novel.