Start by marking “Liberty (Flash Gold, #5)” as Want to Read:
Liberty (Flash Gold, #5)

Liberty

(Flash Gold Chronicles #5)

Kali has been working toward her dream of building an airship and escaping the frozen Yukon for so long that she can scarcely believe it’s close to becoming a reality. There’s just one problem. Cedar, her friend and business partner (and maybe a little more), is in jail, and the American authorities are on their way to hang him. The Mounties aren’t listening to reason, so ...more
Published April 8th 2016 by Smashwords Edition

To ask other readers questions about Liberty, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Liberty

Kelly
I've been rooting for Kali and Cedar to find their way together since book 1. What? I make no apologies. They were weirdly cute together. Kali might be a borderline genius inventor when she can get her hands on some tools and Cedar might be a dab hand at bounty hunting, but they were totally sweet. Sure, she's absentminded when she gets working and he's considered a criminal, but they WORKED.

This book isn't all about their relationship (except in my head!). Kali's flash gold is both coveted and
Lan Chan
Sep 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A nice wrap up of the series. I would have liked to see the Amelia story-line more fleshed out but I'm glad that Kali and Cedar got their happily-for-now. Still one of the most creative series I've read in the steampunk genre.
LadyCroft86
The last installment of the Flash Gold chronicles wraps up some things nicely and other not. I liked the evolution of Kali and Cedar's relationship and seeing them reach their goals. However I felt that certain things could have been wrapped up better. (view spoiler) ...more
Liz Wood
Aug 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The romance has blossomed

Kali and Cedar form an incredible duo, powerful in battle due to a knack of beating up the bad guys. It's too bad the sorceress was so bad, she and Kali could have been friends.
Kris
A decent conclusion to the story, I would have liked a little more than kissing, but I realize it's written for young adults (though there is a fair amount of violence). Kali does some soul searching and grows up a bit as the book progresses.
Lady
Mar 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: steampunk
another wonderful installment in the flash gold series. the same fun, engaging plot and entertaining characters. highly enjoyed it. definitely a 'to-read' for anyone who likes adventure in a steampunk style
Anna Wick
Lovely story and character. Great fun
Trevor Moore
Jul 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good enough

I can’t ever complain about Sistas writing. I enjoy the fact she uses both male and female hero’s!! I’m ready for more Sicario
Marvelous Morgan
I am very satisfied with the ending, but it's sad to see/read/know, whatever, that the series is ending.
Shymsal
May 16, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, steampunk
2.75. And so the Flashgold tales end with a bit of a whimper. The premise and the characters were interesting, but over time everything just became a blur of "more of what you expect from Buroker": feisty women, strong men who like them, improbably described action where our heroes should have dropped dead seven daring feats ago but miraculously survive. Don't get me wrong, I like her work, but some of the staples of her writing just become irritating if you don't have an investment or affection ...more
Heather Nance
May 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's the long awaited end to the Flashgold series. "Liberty" had a lot of action and a little romance to help end the series. This adventure started where the last one left off. After sugh a long time between books, it was hard to remember the story and what happened. I found Buroker's wit in this book, but was looking for a bit more sass and charm in her dialogue. This story seemed a bit rushed, like Buroker was trying to end the series quickly and didn't spend as much time developing her story ...more
Sandra
Apr 12, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fun, action packed adventure to conclude Cedar & Kali's story, although I can see the potential for future adventures with Kali & Cedar sailing off in the airship at the end. I really felt for poor Kali with what happens to her workshop. And that Amelia - she is so mean and crazy. I understand why she might want to destroy all the Flash gold but her persecution of Kali seems a little above and beyond. There has got to be more to that story. It was also kind of nice to have this one wit ...more
Cheri
Apr 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It pains me to say so, as Flash Gold is one of my favorite series, but this book really deserved about 3.5 stars. It was not a fitting end to the series. It was exceedingly short and unsatisfying. It felt like one long battle scene that moved from location-to-location with no time for any real dialogue or character development because the characters were never together. I'm sorry to see these characters go out like this. We finally got the airship headed south and a relationship started and the ...more
Gwynn White
Kali and Cedar finally have their happy ending, but not before they are put through the wringer in this final book in this fun series. The action is swift and exciting, with a fantastic air battle and some of the really good steampunk/magical constructs I've come to expect from Lindsay Buroker. This really was a fitting ending to the series. I will miss Kali and, especially, Cedar.
Barbara
Apr 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Finally

I was beyond happy when I received the email from the author saying that this book was available! It did not disappoint. This is the final or 5th book in a series of short novellas that are filled with adventure, danger, humor and a touch of steampunk. Very quick reads, but hard to put down.
Jacquie Pennington smith
I received a free copy of this book for an honest review. This is the final book in the series but it ended in away that there could definitely be more added to the story if the author wanted to. The book is exciting and full of adventure and the usual humor I've come to expect in Lindsay's books. Overall it was a great read.
Cyd O
Apr 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Flash Gold series has been fun all the way through. Liberty might be the end of the story, at least for now, but it certainly doesn't feel like it. There is no lag – the story is exciting from the first, all the way through the epilogue, which ties up the story nicely.

I'm a fan of Lindsay's works, and can't wait until her next adventure!
Dedra
Jan 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Liberty was a fun ride for this fan!

But it was much too fast. I wanted more Cedar and Kali. I'm holding out hope that Lindsay will return to their story someday. I feel like there were plenty of trails left unfollowed. The Flash Gold series has definitely been one of my favorites of Lindsay's.
Fallon Brown
Apr 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have loved this whole series, which shouldn't be a surprise, since I believe I've loved everything I've read of the author. I love the interaction between Cedar and Kali and how everything came together at the end.
A.G. Lindsay
Jun 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Open ended but in a good way

I love the two unlikely characters and their growing romance. While things do get resolved in this book, there's plenty of ends that can be taken up should the author decide to continue the adventure.
Marla
Jul 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-library
This was out for over a year before I realized it! Guess I had given up on it ever coming out.
It tied up a lot of issues without feeling like it was done all too neatly or too conveniently. I'd love more, and longer, adventures, but it was a satisfying ending to the series.
Alexis Campbell
May 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Liberty

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. Lindsay Buroker has a flair for keeping you involved with her characters. All you want is more. More of each character in each series that she has written. I am in love with them all.
Alison
Sep 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great conclusion!

Ah, finally the last book of the Flashgold series! All the right ingredients of a spunky heroine, adventure, and a whiff of romance. A fun series if you have read Buroker's other books and still are wanting more.
Lili
Apr 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I always feel Lindsay's books end too soon - but this one ended in a flash! ;)) I really wish this series was longer, I really like the characters, especially as we've waited long for this finish...

Great book, I wholeheartedly recommend this author!
Melindeeloo
Apr 11, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: steampunk, x2016
A run-around finish to this cute series. I love Cedar and Kalie and this was a nice wrap up to there story.
Margaret
ok,
Jessica
Apr 23, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Really glad for the series finish =)
Kara Prem
Oct 19, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice conclusion to the series.
Jenny Koch
I really enjoyed the other novels in this series but I found this concluding story to be good but a bit lackluster comparatively.
Jesse Deleon
Apr 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Better than I expected.

Thank you Lindsay Buroker for a great ending for the series. Better than I expected and can only wait for the adventures from the courting and wedding.

• Half Life (Russell's Attic #2)
  • The Heir of Death (The Final Formula Series, #3.5)
  • The Storm Bottle
  • The Deepest Poison (Clockwork Dagger, #0.5)
  • Cold Copper (Age of Steam, #3)
  • Moonlight & Mechanicals (Gaslight Chronicles, #4)
  • The Rose Crown
  • The Curious Case Of The Clockwork Menace (London Steampunk, #3.5)
  • Tethered (Iron Seas, #2.5)
  • The Bloodless Assassin (The Viper and the Urchin, #1)
  • Diana's Hound (Bloodhounds, #4)
  • The Last Mage Guardian (Guardian's Compact, #1)
  • The Light Beyond the Storm Chronicles (The Light Beyond the Storm Chronicles, #1)
  • Wonderfully Wicked (The Dreamcaster Series, #1)
I'm a professional blogger by day and an indie fantasy author by night. Evenings belong to the dogs, tennis, and books.

Flash Gold Chronicles (5 books)
  • Flash Gold (Flash Gold Chronicles #1)
  • Hunted (Flash Gold Chronicles, #2)
  • Peacemaker (The Flash Gold Chronicles, #3)
  • Claimed (The Flash Gold Chronicles #4)