Start by marking “Soho Honey” as Want to Read:
Soho Honey

Soho Honey

This contemporary crime story takes place over three weeks in November and unfolds against the multi-cultural backdrop of Soho, London. Branen had to leave the UK six years before to escape his complex clandestine history and the consequences of a crime that achieved worldwide notoriety. When his daughter is brutally murdered in Soho he believes that he could be the ...more
Published May 5th 2016 by Clink Street Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Soho Honey, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Soho Honey

Start your review of Soho Honey
Joanne Robertson
Apr 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Well then, let’s just start with that fabulous cover! It’s luscious and invites you into this unusually named novel. Once inside though I started to get a bit worried! There were 4 pages of characters explaining who they were and also some abbreviations explained too for those of us not in the know! It totally confused me so my advice is to skip it and only refer back if you need to. I found I didn’t need to once, as the chapters are all labelled accordingly with whichever character we are ...more
Joseph - Relax And Read Reviews
After accepting to read and review an advanced copy of this book, I felt a bit concerned, as I don't usually go for thrillers involving the secret service, secret agents and the likes. In fact I tend to avoid them and I have to say that I found this thriller's style very different from that of others I've read.

In my opinion, this book has one of the most powerful covers I've ever seen. The bee on the girl's lip just makes me shudder every time I look at it.

Starting the book, I felt overwhelmed
Emma
May 22, 2016 rated it liked it
I had decided to read this book before I had a chance to look at the blurb. That was all thanks to that stunning cover, absolutely gorgeous! If that doesn’t get your attention, nothing will!

Ex-secret service operative Branen is called back to action following the horrific death of his only daughter, Carrie. He is tasked with finding her killer which means returning to the stomping ground of his youth, notorious Soho in the West End of London. During his investigation he puts several high powered
Rachel Gilbey
Apr 16, 2016 rated it liked it
Soho Honey feels different to the others thrillers I have read so far this year. It is a very slow to start, and there were times where I was seriously wondering if it was worth persevering with. Thankfully once most of the action has happening in real time and not just the huge amount of background information, the last 40% or so was a fairly enjoyable read.

Although I am sure some may find it helpful, I found the 4 pages at the start of the book consisting of the entire cast of characters and
Noelle
Apr 15, 2016 rated it liked it
I received this book from Kate at Authoright in exchange for an honest review. My actual rating is 3.5 's

I was initially drawn to this book after seeing what I believe to be a captivating cover. The colours and contrast drew me in, so when asked if I wanted to take part in the blog tour, I read the blurb and thought this book definitely sounds right up my street!

The story is set in London and the author’s description makes you feel you are right there in the heart of Soho. It is a thriller that
Alison
May 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
I was fascinated by the cover of this book .. it was one of those that could go either way. As soon as I started reading I was confronted by a huge list of characters, their nicknames, roles etc .. I whizzed through that and was left entirely confused by the time I actually got to the story!

Having said that once I got into it I could happily embark on the ride. This is a slightly different approach to thrillers due to the fact one of the major incidents at the beginning is based on a dramatic
David Baird
Apr 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book surprised me. The synopsis was interesting but I was hooked into the story quicker than I imagined I would be..the book just got better and better as it went on.

The very first part of the book is a bit of background on Branen.. all very interesting but I was waiting to get to the good stuff…and the author didn’t keep me waiting long.

As soon as Branen’s daughter is involved the fast pace of the story turns to suspense and a brilliant story builds up leading on from her murder.

For me two
Babus Ahmed
May 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
This crime thriller set in the underbelly of Soho in London really packs a punch. It isn't written in the traditional formula of a crime thriller, in that the pace varies as we are introduced to historical events that affect the characters first and then the story ramps up to tell you about Carrie, the daughter of Brennan, who is the central protagonist.

This contemporary telling of a crime thriller is fresh and exciting and I found myself sinking into the story as if it were quicksand, even
Ian
Oct 20, 2016 added it
I thought the book was incredibly well researched , i enjoyed it very much. I was not that impressed with the cover, i know other people were but i felt it was not as 'hard hitting' as the story.
I hope Branen is not killed of as he can easily be a 'Bernie Gunter' or 'Harry Bosch'
Well done Mr Rock.
Paul
Sep 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
AN EXCITING DEBUT

A.W. Rock has written an intriguing and engrossing modern thriller that had me hooked from beginning to end.At times sexy and violent,the novel offers a fresh look at the Soho underworld.
Let's hope A.W.Rock follows up with something as equally good.
Erin Dunn
Rochelle
marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2016
Goodreads Reviewe...: win a signed copy! 1 7 Jun 24, 2016 02:24AM
Based in London A.W. Rock has been a regular in Soho working in film, television and advertising.

A.W. Rock has directed a wide range of music promo films and over two hundred TV commercials worldwide. Working in a variety of locations he has made commercials for General Motors in New Zealand, American Express in New York and Dyson vacuum cleaners in England. A commercial he made for The Royal
“Please read the book slowly because it took me a long time to write.” 0 likes