Start by marking “Degrees of Distortion (Distortion, #1)” as Want to Read:
Degrees of Distortion (Distortion, #1)

Degrees of Distortion

(Distortion #1)

My life was perfect once…
Now I no longer recognize myself.
Alex is gone.

But that was only the beginning...
My mother was hiding a dark past that came back to haunt us both.

Then there’s Jackson. A man who seems to be everything but the cop he claims to be. When I look into his dark eyes, all logic screams danger. I know I should run, but my body has other plans. He’s made me
Published July 26th 2016 by Limitless Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Degrees of Distortion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Degrees of Distortion

Start your review of Degrees of Distortion (Distortion, #1)
Coco.V
Nov 03, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
FREE on Amazon today (11/03/2017)!
Madalyn Beck
Jun 28, 2016 rated it it was ok
Degrees of Distortion by Aimee McNeil - 2 stars

Part 1 of my review:

I was fortunately enough to win an ARC kindle copy of this book from the author. Unfortunately, I really had to push myself to get into this book. I made it to 20% before I got so frustrated with the content, and had to write the following:

I'm so frustrated!

1) The author tells how this main character is coping with the loss of her boyfriend (snippets of memories here and there), but I am not feeling it... Like, at all.
2) For a
Page Count: 350
Heat Level: 4 flames out of 5
Rating: 5 stars out of 5
Blurb:

Lexie Wilder is no stranger to tragedy. She struggles every second of every day to overcome the loss of her boyfriend…
Determined to get her life back on track, Lexie retraces a road trip she went on with Alex before he died. The trip was meant to be a harmless a
Butthisbook
May 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
LIVE:
US http://amzn.to/29H4ERk

CA http://amzn.to/2a6aARm

UK http://amzn.to/2a6alWG

photo 50DEF0F1-A05B-47D8-9DB6-43C696C1943B_zpsb8intzrg.jpg

I’ve been a fan of McNeil’s work for a while now but after reading the first book to this series, I have to say that McNeil needs to be on everyone’s radar.

Degrees of Distortion was intriguing, a page turner, suspenseful and dare I say a bit steamy. A great introduction into what I believe will be a gripping series.

On a harmless road trip, Lexie Wilder uncovers a past she had no intention of uncovering, one tha
Dariteone86
Shelves: arcs
4 stars
*ARC for honest review*

Lexie went on a trip with her best friend Stephanie to relive the moments with the love of her life, Alex, after tragedy struck. Coming across a small town, Sugar Hill, Lexie and Stephanie finds pictures of her mom in the wall. A shady looking man questions them about a woman named Mary Connors. Leaving right away and going back home Lexie puts the trip behind her until similar men start to show up around her. Calling her mom and telling her what happened, Lexie is
Sarah Fischer
Oct 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Lexie lost her long term boyfriend, Alex, last year and she hasn't quite recovered. Desperate to keep a piece of him alive in his heart, she and her best friend Stephanie retrace a road trip that she took with Alex. On the way, she discovers that her mother isn't who she said she was. Now there are strange men with guns after her and Lexie is left with no option but to flee her home town.

Lexie's mother, who was prepared in case the men came after them, sends Lexie to a safe house that she set up
Lady Living  In Bookland
Jun 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Lexie gets caught up in her mothers unraveling past with a man more dangerous than she could imagine.
But on the course of her journey to safety she meets a police officer of sorts (well who doesn't love a sexy bad cop?!). Introducing Jackson....

Excerpt:
This was a powerful man that was capable of great and horrible things. This man did not open doors or offer sweet smiles. He carved his path too close to danger to be safe. She could see it in his eyes as they promised her dark and beautiful secr
Amanda Mackey
Aug 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is one of the best books I've read in weeks, and I read A LOT! The 3 books from different authors I chose before this one were DNF's so I was extremely happy when I began this book and it hooked me in from the beginning. It is written really well and the plot kept me intrigued the whole way through. I felt I knew the characters personally and was invested in the story. I highly recommend!
Sadie Mazzola
Aug 24, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Distortion
Emily Maynard
Nov 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars!!

First off, many thanks to the author, who provided a free copy of Degrees of Distortion in exchange for an honest review.

I have previously read Truth or Dare and Catching Fox by this author, and am stoked that she is trying her hand at a more suspenseful, action based type of story.

This book begins with a road trip, and a heroine that already has some major issues. Lexie has already suffered the devastating loss of her boyfriend, Alex. When we meet her, she is in the middle of having
May 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Degrees Of Distortion by Aimee McNeil is a suspense and thrilling read. There’s also some action in there with a touch of romance.

Although the book had a slow beginning, it soon picked up and I couldn’t put it down. I really like Lexie and Jackson. Lexie is dealing with her own personal pain and struggling to deal with the mess she has found herself in. Jackson has his own mission and his own demons.

There are feels and some sexy time scenes. A great read! I enjoyed this book and I hope there’s a
Amber
Jul 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Degrees of Distortion is an astoundingly epic, edge-of-your-seat romantic thriller that will push all your boundaries while daring you to fight for everything you believe in or die trying. This is a painfully dark yet tantalizingly beautiful journey that will shred and then reshape every part of your heart. You will lose yourself without even realizing that it is happening while refusing to avoid the devastating storm baring down on your path. What you think you know will be destroyed before you ...more
Heather Jasinski
Nov 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Degrees of Distortion is not your typical everyday romance novel per say man and woman falling in love and living happily ever after. This book was dark, suspenseful and had me on my feet (so to speak) with every page. It was a a page turner!
The main character Lexie who's life basically ended when her boyfriend, Alex died. Alex gave her blue nail polish and that's all that she has left and she goes to a town named Sugar Hill to retrace his steps. Well this trips turns into more than that and br
Sassy Southern
Nov 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Lexie and her best friend Stephanie decide to take a road trip to help Lexie get over the grief of losing her boyfriend Alex when they stumble into a diner that has a picture of her mother. Only her mother went by another name and the men questioning Lexie and Stephanie seem very dark.

Soon Lexie finds herself on the run with a million questions that need answered. But somehow she finds an ally in her new neighbor, Jackson, who always seems to be there when she needs him. Yet Lexie is torn betwee
Amo & Sarah &
Jul 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
***Reviewed by Sarah on behalf of Amo & Sarah’s Book Corners***

OMGGGGG….the people who know me, it’s no secret that I love suspense. This book has just blew a lot of those other suspense books out of the park. This book is full of deceit, lies and secrets, which leave you wondering which way to turn and who to really trust.

Lexie is grieving, the loss of what was the love of her life Alex. While on a cross country search for what seems an impossible find for nail polish, she stumbles upon somethi
Beyond The Covers Blog
Oct 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Reviewed on behalf of Mytimeoutbookblog

I give Dregrees of Distortion 4 stars, only because it confused me a lot at the beginning. The writing is great, the story is dark, my curiosity was peaked and the author managed to keep me wanting to turn page after page to find out what was next.

Aimee McNeil has intertwined the lives of many characters, both good and evil. There is romance, mystery, suspense, fear, loss and confusion, many twists and turns to keep you on the edge of your seat.

Lexie loose
Rebecca Austin
Dec 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: review-sassy
This book is so awesome and I couldn't put it down. I was so happy and disappointed when I got to the end and realized another book was coming. I was excited in that there was going to be more story but sad that I knew I was going to have to wait for the next one.

I loved the turmoil that encompassed Lexie through the book. She was in a state of wanting to remain in a place with Alex but a part of her really needed to live and move on. Yet she had no idea what was in store for her with the small
Suzanne
Jul 20, 2016 rated it really liked it

Wow.. this book was NOT what I expected what so ever. And it left me begging for more! Lexie had been through some really tragic stuff with losing her boyfriend. So take a trip to try and get yourself back or at the very least a part of him. What she didn't expect was the roller coaster that ensued. The past comes back to haunt Lexie's mom and it turns Lexie's world upside down. Enter Jackson. Totally tough as nails but sin on a stick. When things start to unravel even further, she has to put he
Petula
Jan 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Lexie is on a mission to find a particular colour of nail polish. A boyfriend who died protecting her bought it for her, and she has worn it ever since. She retraced the journey they were on, and it leads her to discover something about her mother's past.
This unfortunately brings a very dangerous man into all their lives, and she has to go into hiding.
Jackson is a cop with revenge in mind. He has an obsession with trying to find the person who killed his father. He will let no-one stand in his
Amanda Lee Disheveled Book Blog
It's not what I was completely expecting definitely more suspense than romance but I was delighted to get a bit of steam from this story. I feel like this story is the slow build up to what is to come next. Lexie has a lot of things to learn about herself that she's never known, some she learns on her own and some from her mother.

I was curious throughout the majority of the story of what would happen? and Why do they want her? and now What will happen next? I'm intrigued and I can't wait to see
Michelle Brace (Wicked Babes Blog Reviews)
I love finding new authors especially ones with the talent that Aimee McNeil possesses. This book was a nail biter and it kept me completely on edge the entire book! I love books that keep me guessing and this was just that book. It was full of suspense, mystery, twisted characters and some smoking chemistry between the two main characters. Lets not forget that the heroine has been dealing with so much grief after losing her boyfriend which Aimee did such an amazing job writing. I could feel her ...more
Mignon Mykel
Jul 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
The only other title I've read by this author was Catching Fox and because I could tell this was going to be a darker read, I wasn't sure how I was going to fare the reading of this book -- because Catching Fox was NOT dark.

I won't say I was surprised to find I enjoyed this story, because I enjoyed Catching Fox and I fell for this author's writing style. But I was surprised at how dark Ms. McNeil could go. The suspense and angst you feel as a reader were drawn out extremely well; this book does
Book Fancy
Jul 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
An ARC provided in exchange for an honest review.

This is my second book to read by Aimee McNeil. And let me just say that she is one of those authors I want to scream at the world to read her books! Her writing is beautiful and her characters are complex, and I never find myself bored with the story. I'm always wondering what is going to happen next and what route she's going to take us as the reader on.

Degrees of Distortion is a book full of suspense, twists and turns, and secrets. I loved eve
danyelle blevins
Pretty good read

This book keeps you on the edge of your seat the whole way and the list between Lexie and Jackson is steamy with a hint of something deeper. Very thrilling. The way the author drops you hanging off a cliff at the end should be a crime so I suggest pre ordering the 2nd book before u finish this because you will be dying to known what happens to Lexie her mother and Stephanie.
Michelle
Jan 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017, 5-star-read, arc
Lexi and her friend go on a road trip in search of the shade of nail polish that Lexi's late boyfriend bought her once. Lexi ends up on the run after finding out a secret about her mother. So many twists and turns in this book but they kept me on the edge of my seat and my stomach in knots, but I loved every second of it. This was my first book by Aimee McNeil and I can't wait to find out what happens in book 2.

Shannon Godwin
Sep 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book by this author that i have read. I must say that I am very intrigued with her writing. This book is full of suspense, and is steamy. This book for me was a real page turner. I didn't want to put it down. If you have not read any of her work I would suggest starting with this one! I have not read her other books but I will be looking them up!
Becki
Sep 03, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Degrees of Distortion

It was a good book and good writing but it is a cliffhanger. I'm usually very careful and don't get books that are not complete so I missed this one. Probably it's a 4 or 5 star when you get to the end.
Alison
May 02, 2019
Claudia Cardoz
Aug 16, 2017
Leah
Dec 25, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »
Tall, Dark & Deadly: Requesting Review for "Degrees of Distortion" 4 13 Sep 29, 2016 10:01AM

• Blaze (Satan's Fury MC: Memphis, #1)
  • Riggs (Satan's Fury MC: Memphis #3)
  • Devil Chaser's MC Romance Boxed Set (Devil Chaser's MC, #1-5)
  • The Satan's Fury MC: Boxed Set, Books 1-8
  • Hatemates
  • Shadow (Satan's Fury MC: Memphis, #2)
  • Undeniable (Undeniable, #1)
  • The Land of Far Beyond: A re-telling of 'The Pilgrim's Progress'
  • The Edge of Reason (The Edge Series, #3)
  • Aloha Texas: Sweet and Clean Edition (Sweet Aloha Series Book 1)
  • Redemption Lane (Crossroads, #1)
  • Tapping the Billionaire (Billionaire Bad Boys, #1)
  • Unsupervised (Slumming It, #1)
  • Revenge (Phoenix Undercover, #3)
  • Bailey And The Bad Boy (Scandalous, #1)
  • Reckless Love
  • Playing for Love
  • Love to Hate Her (Wild Minds Duet, #1)
Aimee McNeil was born and raised in Nova Scotia, Canada, where she continues to live today with her husband and three children. She is a stay-at-home mother that loves every colorful moment with her family.

Aimee spends most of her free time indulging in her love of writing. You can also find her lost in the pages of a good book, or making a mess with her paints. Aimee loves to explore anything th

Distortion (3 books)
  • Levels of Exposure (Distortion, #2)
  • Shades Of Resolution (Distortion Series Book 3)