Start by marking “Jed Had to Die” as Want to Read:
Jed Had to Die

Jed Had to Die

The happiest day of Payton Lambert's life was the day she graduated high school and watched Bald Knob, Kentucky get smaller and smaller in her rearview mirror. She wanted more for her life than a tiny town where everyone knows your business and you can’t find a decent cup of coffee for at least forty miles. Twelve years later, an unexpected phone call in the middle of the ...more
Published November 1st 2016 by Everafter Romance

To ask other readers questions about Jed Had to Die, please sign up.
Terrie Rock Chicks series!!!! So good. by Kristen Ashley. Read them in order. Each is a stand alone....but characters "drop in" the ongoing books. I'm going…moreRock Chicks series!!!! So good. by Kristen Ashley. Read them in order. Each is a stand alone....but characters "drop in" the ongoing books. I'm going to re-read them soon. I love all the characters. It has a bit more "hot" scenes than Jed, but all great. No ickiness!! Just fun bedroom lovemaking.(less)

Katerina
Aug 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Katerina by: Dorsa
Recorded Interview
August 6, 2017
Bald Knob, KY Police Department

Katerina: Why am I here?
Deputy Lloyd: Ur, I have no idea, ma'am, you were the one who initiated this interview.
Katerina: I'm pretty sure you know the reason, though.
Deputy Lloyd: Oh right, review purposes!
Katerina: Good boy. Even though I'd have preferred Sheriff Leo Hudson, I keep picturing him as Chris Hemsworth in Thor, is it true that the resemblance is uncanny? Because if it is I wouldn't say no to a trip to Valhalla with him-
De
Jilly
Jun 28, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
Look, I know I was supposed to love this one cuz y'all did, but I just couldn't!!
She's a lady asshole. A lasshole.
Her and her "edgy" friend are the kind of girls that are NOT in the tribe. They are the judgy girls who cut other girls down because they are just that cool. If you need to cut another girl down to prove to yourself and others how cool you are, you aren't. You're just a mean girl and need to be hit by a bus.

Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
5 Hilarious Stars

I absolutely loved Jed had to Die! This story made me grin from the first page, I loved it so much! Jed Had To Die was hilarious, clever, sweet and fast paced! The mystery was perfect keeping me guessing all the time!

description

There is a murder, people guessing who did it, two best friends who thought they did it and a hot sheriff to make you swoon! Doesn't this make you want to read it?

I absolutely adored Payton and Leo,they were funny and sweet!The secondary characters were also as fa
Bindi Boo
Nov 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 stars

If you're looking for a light read with a whacky plot and some great laughs, this book has it.

Payton, a coffee-obsessed cafe owner can't believe she's back in Bald Knob, a town she couldn't say goodbye to fast enough right after high school. She's back after 12 years to help her friend Emma Jo whos' husband, town Mayor Jed Jackson was found murdered. Brimming full with copious amounts of coffee and wine, Payton and Emma Jo try to hide their small role in the murder from the town sheriff,
Denna✌
Nov 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Dee Montoya
4 STARS****

(ARC kindly provided by the author in exchange for an honest review)

Well, my belly hurts from laughing so hard, and my heart feels happy from swooning so much over Mr. Hot guy, Leo.

Laughs, romance and tons of coffee, what else can we ask for????

Jed Had To Die was totally delicious, a book not to miss.

photo 90DDE12D-9606-4D20-8162-1D490E549DD9_zpsebefclbc.jpg

Payton Lambert lives and breathes for coffee. She left her hometown of Bald Knob, Kentucky after she graduated High school, and opened up her own precious coffee shop; Liquid Crack in
Jo
Coffee: Because crack will get you fired.
—Coffee Mug

This book is one of the most entertaining and hilarious books I have EVER read. I loved it from the very first page, and I could not stop laughing.

Payton Lambert left her small town Bald Knob, Kentucky twelve years ago, determined to make a success of her life, and to get away from the nosy townspeople and their lack of good coffee. But when she gets a call saying her best friend from school is in the hospital and Payton is her emergency c

Christine (Shh Moms Reading)
3.5 stars!
I love Tara Sivec’s humor! Jed Had to Die had humor, heat, and characters that truly made me smile.

I love a good suspense and something that keeps you thinking and on the edge of your seat and Jed Had to Die did just that. Whenever I am looking for something different and out of the box, I know that Tara will give it to me.

Payton is back home to take care of her best friend Emma Jo who was in the hospital. When Emma’s husband Jed mysteriously dies, the girls are freaking out wondering
Stacey is Sassy
What a fantastic performance...

***4.5 stars***

Not to take away from the humorous and very talented writing of Tara Sivec but this story was perfect for audio. Or, maybe it would be better to say that Jed Had to Die was perfectly performed by Amy McFadden.

Oh my lordy, I laughed...out loud...in public!!

To be honest, Jed Had to Die nearly killed me. Well sorta kinda my fault but I'll blame Tara and Amy for it too. Kind of spoilery, so proceed with caution. There I am, snuffly from a cold and a litt
Sharon
When I first saw this book, I thought it sounded amaaazing. Humor + Mystery + Romance? Sounds perfect. However, those three things I looked forward to most: humor, mystery, and romance - all of them weren't working for me in this particular book.

Pros
-I liked reading the snippets of the police interviewing the townspeople. They were bizarre and a bitttt funny sometimes
-I liked that Payton learned to love her weird small town again.
-Buddy & Emma: She suffered 12 years with a guy who didn't ap
NinaReader
Jul 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Cute and funny! Quintessential snark is present. The coffee obsession is hilarious. The characters are something else!
Cyndi
Jun 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I wish I had more stars to give this book! It is absolutely hilarious! 🤣
Payton was the kid in the town that was always in trouble. She finally broke free and moved to Chicago. One day she gets a call to rush home because her best friend is in the hospital. She has been the victim of abuse from her husband since they were married. Meanwhile the whole town thinks Jed is a good guy, not an abusive husband.
But when he turns up dead, the whole thinks bad girl Payton is guilty. Sometimes she thinks
Camila, the opinionated Catruler
Tara Sivec, a hot sheriff and homemade moonshine situations?

Catarina
4 Stars.

I haven't read Tara Sivec for a while but this was a good one to re-start. What can I say? I love being the crazy lady that laughs alone at the train.
This was a hilarious, sexy and emotional book about a guy that just got the girl of his nerdy teenager dreams and about a girl that found out that the place we ran away from, it's actually where we belong.
If you like Tara Sivec or if you just like hilarious romance books... you should definitely read this one.

description
Steam: Some hot moments.
Bex | TotallyBex.com
Every time I see the title, “Jed Had to Die”, I sing it to the tune of the Dixie Chicks, “Goodbye, Earl”. (Google it. The video is hilarious!) If you’re familiar with the song, you know that a woman has been hospitalized by her abusive husband and she calls her best friend for support. One thing leads to another and the husband winds up dead. It’s a great song that inspired an even better book. Jed winds up dead, but solving the mystery of how it happens unfolds in the most hilarious of ways.

Pay
TeriLyn
Oct 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc

**Jed Had to Die generously provided in exchange for an honest review.**

4 "Liquid Crack is fine." Stars

Tara Sivec put a smile on my face throughout Jed Had to Die. A cross between the Dixie Chicks song "Earl Had to Die" and Kristen Ashley's Rock Chick series, Jed Had to Die hails as a laugh out loud funny, incredibly zany suspense with sweet & silly romance. With each Rom-com style book of Sivec's her charmingly witty writing constantly seduces me into the romance of her stories add a little
Jen
Aug 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really didn’t know what to expect when going into this book. Tara Sivec blew my mind with this one. It had just the right dose of humor, romance and mystery to make a great read. The serious message she tried to convey came through perfectly and wasn’t lost in the humor. I have to say this book tops my favorite list of hers now.

Holy Hotness Nerd Alert! Leo, nerd turned superhero. That is the kind of hero I’m talking about. I love romances where the Hero wasn’t always the hot male that he is n
Mandy
Nov 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was a fun, light and completely hilarious book! There were a couple times I was laughing out loud it was so funny. The romance was really sweet and there were a couple good steamy scenes. I enjoyed the mystery in this one - who killed Jed?? I really enjoyed this one!
❃**✿【Yasmine】✿**❃
Funny, cute and crazy. Nothing but entertainment. Enjoyed!
Amy
Aug 24, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When I first heard about Jed Had to Die, I really wasn’t sure what to expect or what I was really getting myself into. But, I will say that I was very intrigued by the story-line and was super excited to dive in.

Jed Had to Die was a quick and easy read. It’s told from dual points of view and had me laughing my ass off. Seriously, I could not get enough of this book. From the small town gossip to the entertaining police reports/interviews, there was not a dull moment. It was hard not to fall in l
Tia Louise
Aug 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Heat, humor, suspense, sexy, muskrats, dead raccoons!!!! SUPERHOT Leo Hudson? Yes please!!!

I love love LOVED this book so much! I laughed my ass off, I cried (dammit!), and I craved coffee the entire time... Haha!

A coffee addict leaves her small-town home in rural Kentucky vowing never to return, establishes a highly successful coffee chain in Chicago, but is pulled back home by her lifelong bestie ending up in the hospital after being brutally beaten by her husband Jed.

HS geeks turned into SEX
Paige
May 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 Stars!

I laughed so much. In typical Tara Sivec fashion, I was belly laughing through this whole book. She has got female relationships down pat and writes banter like no ones business. The romance seemed a bit secondary to all that, but still this book was a rom-com winner.

Anas Attic  Book Blog
Jul 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
jed-had-to-die
Jed Had To Die by Tara Sivec
Standalone Romantic Comedy/ Mystery.
If you have followed Ana's Attic for any length of time, you know that Tara Sivec is one of my favorite authors, especially her romantic comedies. The Chocolate Lovers & Chocoholics Series are still my favorite all-time series, but The Holidays and now Jed Had To Die are joining the ranks. *Note: though it may seem I tell too much of the story, I don't go further than the blurb*

The thing I love about Tara's comedies is th
Siv30
ספר מקסים, לא ציפיתי לסיים אותו בקריאה אחת אבל נשאבתי לדמויות ולעלילה.

למרות שהוא מסווג כרומן רומנטי, ובאמת יש בו אספקט רומנטי, הוא לא תופס חלק נרחב מהעלילה.

הספר עוסק בעיקר בנושאים כואבים כמו התעללות במשפחה, שתיקת השכנים והציבור והתעלמות שלהם מהמידע שיש בידם על ההתעללות (מדיניות העלמת העין ואי ההתערבות) והיכולת של הצד שהתעללו בו להשתקם.

הסיפור הוא מעיין יומן חקירת המוות של ג'ד. ג'ד היה ראש העיר של העיירה הקטנה וגופתו נמצאת בשטח ביתו. הסיפור נמסר לקורא בפרקים מתחלפים שמתארים מחד את האירועים השוטפי
Haidoulina
Dec 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was epic hilarious.... I can't remember the last time a book made me laugh so much.... I loved it... Payton's obsession with coffee reminds me of my friend Papadimakopoulou and I loved her even more.... And I loved Leo even more.... He's a hot looking nerd and in love with Payton since ever... How not to love him?!?! I didn't feel the mystery as to who the murderer is, because I was busy laughing but I couldn't care less... This book was amazing simply with its humor and snarky dialogues... ...more
D.C.
Jul 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to win an ARC of this one.

Jed Had to Die might just be my new favorite Tara Sivec book. It's full of love and laughter while tackling a scary subject. There is also an element of mystery which I loved. Tara kept me on my toes, I can't recommend Jed Had to Die enough.

Also MUSKRATS!
Raine
Nov 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016-read
This book is a HOOT! Every other person is as eccentric, quirky, nosey countryside small town homebody.

I love the interviews!
Lindsey
Well, this was an unexpected delight!! It was my first read from Tara Sivec and it was hilarious. I laughed so much! Delightful humor + a smidge of mystery + a charming heroine + a swoon-worthy hero = an incredibly enjoyable book!
Red Cheeks Reads
Nov 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Smooches

Tara Sivec is a comedic genius; it’s just that simple. She spews one liners and laugh out loud dialogue like the rest of us make small talk. I have read every single one of her comedy books (along with most of her others as well) and I can honestly say that Jed Had To Die ranks with the best of them.

‘Everyone in Bald Knob might like Jed, but if comes anywhere near my friend, Jed is dead.’

I won’t go over the basic plot of it all because if you have read the synopsis or listened to t
Julie
Dec 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
When I give a 5 star review it's because the book is a classic and I'd recommend it to anyone or it surprised the crap out of me and earned the stars in its genre. This book is the latter. I often enjoy the cozy mysteries between reading more hard core thrillers. There are a lot of good, fun cozies out there, but they do become formulaic and predictable. Jed Had to Die broke the pattern. It's hilarious. The way the story develops between the main actors and the townspeople was a brilliant way to ...more
All the Books!: Jed Had to Die by Tara Sivec 5 14 Jul 10, 2017 01:10PM
C.D.'s Canaries: Jed Had to Die BR 11/1/2016 28 25 Nov 28, 2016 01:09PM
  • The Randy Romance Novelist
  • Hitman Wedding (Bad Boy Inc., #4)
  • Fire in the Hole (Gynazule, #2)
  • Sunshine and Rain (City Limits, #2)
  • Ten Thousand Lies (Ten Thousand, #2)
  • The Last Strand
  • Winning Appeal (Lawyers in Love, #4)
  • Behind the Mask (The Associates #4)
  • Cuff Me (New York's Finest, #3)
  • A Reason to Kill (Reason, #2)
  • P.I.T.A. (L.A. Liaisons #3)
  • Between a Highlander and a Hard Place (Highland Weddings, #5)
  • 8 Mile & Rion
  • On the Chase (Rocky Mountain K9 Unit, #2)
  • The Highlander Who Loved Me (The McKennas, #1)
  • Wild for You (Love with Altitude, #3)
  • The Way Back To Me
  • Getting Off (Elevator Series #1.5)
Tara Sivec is a USA Today best-selling author, wife, mother, chauffeur, maid, short-order cook, baby-sitter, and sarcasm expert. She lives in Ohio with her husband and two children and looks forward to the day when all three of them become adults and move out.

After working in the brokerage business for fourteen years, Tara decided to pick up a pen and write instead of shoving it in her eye out of
“YOU ARE BOTH DEAD TO ME!" I shout.
"Then this is me, speaking from beyond the grave when I remind you to trim your bush while you're at it. No man needs to choke on a hairball!" Beattie yells back from down the hall.”
3 likes