Start by marking “Yesterday's Tomorrows” as Want to Read:
Yesterday's Tomorrows

Yesterday's Tomorrows

Published June 2016

To ask other readers questions about Yesterday's Tomorrows, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Yesterday's Tomorrows

Bev
3.5 stars.

This started off with great promise, I loved the blurb and the idea that SHE was the ex con and he was her knight in shining armour. Unfortunately towards the end it all got a bit cheesy which, given she had spent 6 years in jail for murdering a bloke, didn't really work with the whole theme.

Nothing puts me off more than the whole "Maddy you are an amazing person blah blah blah" speech, in fact it makes me cringe almost as much as when the bloke gets on bended knee to propose. And yep
NMmomof4
3 Stars

Overall Opinion: This was an ok read. I didn't realize that we'd be dealing with the (view spoiler) theme, so that threw me off a little. I wouldn't go so far as to say that I felt that the h was second best (because I didn't), but there was a lot of focus put on what had happened and that character that bothered me a little. I also had issues with the scene with the H and an OW. I'm usually one that will easily push those sort of things aside and not let the
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Jun 30, 2016 Jenny - TotallybookedBlog rated it really liked it
description

‘Both of us had alluded to cracks in our lives that if explored too far might split wide open, leaving us raw and exposed. I had a feeling we’d end up either completely breaking each other or filling in the cracks. The question was, could we do one without the other?’

This is our first book by M.E. Montgomery and we loved it and we’ll definitely be checking out other work by this author. We fell in love with her characters and her storytelling in this beautiful story about embracing life, self-di
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog

Jun 30, 2016 Alexis rated it liked it
3.75 stars!
Mel
Jun 07, 2016 Mel rated it really liked it
Yesterday’s Tomorrows is the first book I have read by M.E. Montgomery and it definitely will not be my last. From the prologue to the epilogue, I was invested in this story. It is about honesty, heartache, healing, forgiveness, trust, and learning to love again. It is a beautiful love story with an added element of suspense that made this story a well-rounded read.

Madelyn Stone grew up on the wrong side of the tracks and came from a broken family. Just when she thought things were looking up fo
Shrimalya
Jul 10, 2016 Shrimalya rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, contemporary
Review: This was such an amazing and heart-touching story about second chances!The book focuses on Maddy who is being released from prison early.She has also been given a job,an apartment and a new start as a part of a new work-release program at Mr.McCloskey's law firm.Mrs.McCloskey used to be one of Maddy's favorite teachers and once she came to know about Maddy's status she ended up helping her.Though we know that Maddy had murdered someone we don't know why she did it.

On the day of her relea
2OCC Reviews
Jun 28, 2016 2OCC Reviews rated it it was amazing
Shelves: stefanie
Five stars is not enough to rate this book. I am still reeling from the emotions I felt while reading this. I feel as though someone has delved into my soul and put it on paper. I do not personally know M. E. Montgomery but I feel as if she has known me my whole life. From the first page to the last, I was sucked in and refused to stop reading.

It's hard to read a book that hits on so many levels, to feel so exposed by someone else's words and I don't think I have ever related to a character lik
Sheila
Rating: 5 stars out of 5

Blurb:

Lynda
Jun 24, 2016 Lynda rated it it was amazing
The prologue to this story had me riveted. The questions of what the hek is happening and why rolling through my mind. It instantly addicted me.

This is truly a unique and beautiful story. So many emotions and feelings are wrapped up in this roller coaster. Trying to put it into words is proving difficult. Shame I can't just say "you need this book in your life" as my review.
Im left smiling with a full heart and a sense of story contentment surrounding me. Well done to M.E Montgomery on creatin
Kimberly
May 14, 2016 Kimberly rated it it was amazing
I started reading this and couldn't put it down, great story. Madelyn Stone has had a rough life and at 24 she has been through more than people twice her age. She was raised on the wrong side of the tracks by an alcoholic father who eventually abandoned her and her sister, Charly. While trying desperately to get a scholarship and get away from her small town Maddy gets caught up in something that changes her life forever. And just when she needed her sister the most, Charly abandons her too.

Ho
Samantha Larkin
Jul 08, 2016 Samantha Larkin rated it really liked it
Sera
Jul 07, 2016 Sera added it
DNF at 61%. There was something cliche about the writing that just kept making me roll my eyes. I just couldn't make myself care about the characters or even the storyline :(
Book Reading Gals
Oct 23, 2016 Book Reading Gals rated it really liked it
Title: Yesterday's Tomorrows

Author: M.E. Montgomery

If growing up in her home wasn’t enough to shatter Madelyn Stone’s illusions of happily ever after, then serving several years behind bars certainly was. Her crime? Believing in family and growing up on the wrong side of the tracks. She’s learned the hard way that there is no such thing as a prince who’ll ride in and save the day, and she pledges never to trust anyone again. Never.

Between a career in the Marines and plans to marry his childhood
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
Mmmmm where to start with this gorgeous book about two broken people who don’t think they need fixing at all but clearly do. I was just willing them to get their act together as you can see from the beginning that they should be together but I’m not spoiling the book by telling you either way.
Maddy Stone was left shattered when she was left to serve a jail sentence for a crime that was born out of love and protection for the family that betrayed her. 6 years later and she has no family and trus
Tanya Turner/ Sugar Shack Book Blog
I first discovered M.E. Montgomery a few months ago. Having fallen in love with her Polaris Series, I couldn't wait to dive into Yesterday's Tomorrow's. She completely blew me away with this story. This book delivers it all, suspense, loss, pain, romance and hope. It begins with Maddy's release from prison. She's paid a debt she didn't deserve to pay. I absolutely adored Maddy. She has to be one of my favorite heroine's ever. No matter the obstacles before her she remains strong and positive. Li ...more
Andrea Britton
What a book! I'm still having a hangover from it and it's been 2 days since I read it. Ahhhh it's so good. It's a different storyline then I've ever read and what a storyline it is.

Maddy and Holt take us on a rollercoaster of emotions. Maddy is starting over so to say and Holt Andrews was the only one to help her on her first day out. What he wasn't expecting was for Maddy, a newly released felon to stir something inside of him that had been closed off for around 5 years. He tries to push the f
Jan
Everyone deserves a second chance stars

I was totally swept away with Maddy's story, her back story was heartfelt and her ability to push her shoulders back and move on was heartwarming.

Holt's own backstory was also heartbreaking and heartwarming. You could say both Maddy and Holt have found their perfect match and stars aligned at the right time.

M.E Montgomery has written a beautiful and moving story that captivates the heart and
imagination.

Holt is a man who is finding it difficult and not
Amber
Jul 10, 2016 Amber rated it it was amazing
I have lately been interested in wrongful convictions and abuses of the justice system – I blame Serial and all the other podcasts I’ve listened to since.

Maddy is just getting out of prison for a crime she did commit, but with good reason. She has kept her nose to the grindstone and been a model inmate while she’s been in prison. So she was released early on good behavior. She is ready to get on with her life and forget her past.

Holt was sent by Maddy’s lawyer, who is also a partner in the law
Kristin ~ Book Lovers Obsession
Yesterday's Tomorrow is ME Montgomery's newest novel (and the first I've read from her). I LOVED this book.

Maddy was dealt a crap hand in life. From the death of her mother, to her craptastic father, to her no good sister. She had a grandmother that adored her but old age got the best of her and Maddy was left alone (for all intents and purposes) again. Poor decisions lead to Maddy spending 6 years of her life in jail.

The book starts with Maddy getting out of prison and beginning a new work pla
Jennifer Sons
Jun 19, 2016 Jennifer Sons rated it it was amazing
Another home run from Mrs. Montgomery! I loved this book. It kept me wanting more from beginning to end. There were moments I wanted to cry, moments I wanted to scream, moments I DID gasp from anxiety and fear, and moments of complete bliss.

Maddy is an extraordinary character. She found herself having to start all over after a terrible tragedy. Holt is there from the time she steps out of the prison gates. He's amazing! They both brought out the best in each other! Holt has a way of getting to
Jillian
Jun 21, 2016 Jillian rated it it was amazing
This is definitely a favorite of mine from this author! How many times in your life do you think the universe is just out to get you? Nothing ever goes the way it should be.
Maybe one day it suddenly turns on a dime, all the bad luck from before is now gone.
I'd like to think this story of a chance to start over, will sink down deep with lots of readers for sure.
Madelyn hasn't had the greatest upbringing, she has some hard things to let go of. Holten is a man with a chip on his shoulder.
These
michelle  Shelly
Jun 21, 2016 michelle Shelly rated it it was amazing
Absolutely wonderful!

This is my first book by this author but it definitely won't be my last. This is a beautifully written story about second chances.
When Maddie is sent to prison for committing a crime to help a loved one she is left feeling alone. Upon her release she is given a second chance to start over.
Holt lost the love of his life five years ago. Not being able to open himself up to anyone he uses women to satisfy needs, never opening his heart to them. Then he meets Mattie and he slo
Cindy Driscoll
Jun 21, 2016 Cindy Driscoll rated it it was amazing
Shelves: june-1-2016
I couldn't put this book down. As soon I as started the first page I was hooked. M.E. Montgomery you've done it again.

I'm not going to go through the same spill you can read on all of the wonderful reviews that are on this page.

Just know you will not be disappointed when you grab this one. I'm really giving this book 10 stars you just can't see it.
Tara
Sep 10, 2016 Tara rated it it was amazing
Loved, loved, loved this story!!

I fell in love with Holt and Maddy and had to break out the tissues a couple of times.
It has tragedy, it has love, and it left me with feelings.

This is my first book by M.E. Montgomery and it definitely will not be the last. If you haven't read anything by M.E. Montgomery, what are you waiting for?!
Gwenie
5 stars
Quickest review ever.

For all the right reasons!I absolutely loved this book. Loved itMaddy's character was perfect. From the shit fate dealt her, she rose above it all. Although she dwell upon the past, as you would, considering everything fate bestowed upon her from the day she was born, she embraced tomorrow. Holt was awesome.A mans man.A real man. A chained heart unbound by a second chance. Both together are unforgettable characters. It was believable no insta love (never been against
Samantha Ortegon (Books, Wine & Time)
Holt was not only tasting me, he was consuming me, and I was lost in the pleasure of it.

I 've desired other woman, but you ...I don't just want you I crave you. I need you.

“You’ve had quite a story so far, Maddy. A tragedy, an adventure, and a love story all woven together. Now you deserve your fairytale ending.”

My Review:

Yesterday's Tomorrows is my first story by M.E. Montgomery and I am having a hard time writing this review. I know that I will never truly be able to put into words the emoti
Books Laid Bare
Jun 30, 2016 Books Laid Bare rated it it was amazing
FIVE STARS IS NOT ENOUGH!!!!!
Of the books I read last week there is one and one alone that has plagued my thoughts more than I would have ever thought.
I know they say rate the book out of 5… well, I can’t do that…it would be an insult this is worth more stars than I could possibly attribute.
Emotionally this is a book that I don’t think you will ever forget. As it pours its heart and soul through your fingertips, you will be ill equipped to cope with the ache that seeps into your soul.
I felt bru
Alexandra
Dec 31, 2016 Alexandra rated it really liked it
Two people who had it really rough in life, who both had to face traumatizing experiences, meet and dislike each other right from the beginning. And oh, how their powder kegs shower them with sparks! I absolutely enjoyed their banter and felt with them when the emotions ran deeper and deeper, I cried, I laughed, I screamed and even though it got a bit construed 80% in, I fell for their story hook, line and sinker. A really good love story!
Michelle Trzecinski
Jun 21, 2016 Michelle Trzecinski rated it liked it
**Received ARC for honest review**

Yesterday’s Tomorrows was my first taste of M.E. Montgomery and her writing style and I was very excited when an ARC popped up on my Kindle. The book is a contemporary romance focused on two struggling individuals that need to accept the hand of life they’ve been dealt and learn to power through their past.

Our heroin, Madelyn Stone, or Maddy as everyone calls her, has just been released from prison after serving six years behind bars for a haunting crime. My fi
  • The Family Man (Belmont Beach Brides #2)
  • Lumbersexual
  • The Billionaire Bachelor (Billionaire Bad Boys #1)
  • Loving
  • Full Steam Ahead (Sea Swept, #1)
  • Tear Stained Beaches
  • I Heard a Rumor (Rumor, #2)
  • A Beautiful Sin
  • Salvatore (Benedetti Brothers #1)
  • Get Lucky
  • Terms of Possession (Romance)
  • Attractive Nuisance (Legally in Love #1)
  • Legal (Legal, #1)
  • Journey to Yesterday (Yesterday, #1)
  • No Pants Required
  • Man Candy
  • 11th Hour Rose (Langston Brothers #3)
  • My Perfect Mistake (Over the Top #1)