Start by marking “Yesterday's Tomorrows” as Want to Read:
Yesterday's Tomorrows

Yesterday's Tomorrows

Published June 2016

To ask other readers questions about Yesterday's Tomorrows, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Yesterday's Tomorrows

NMmomof4
3 Stars

Overall Opinion: This was an ok read. I didn't realize that we'd be dealing with the (view spoiler) theme, so that threw me off a little. I wouldn't go so far as to say that I felt that the h was second best (because I didn't), but there was a lot of focus put on what had happened and that character that bothered me a little. I also had issues with the scene with the H and an OW. I'm usually one that will easily push those sort of things aside and not let the
Bev
3.5 stars.

This started off with great promise, I loved the blurb and the idea that SHE was the ex con and he was her knight in shining armour. Unfortunately towards the end it all got a bit cheesy which, given she had spent 6 years in jail for murdering a bloke, didn't really work with the whole theme.

Nothing puts me off more than the whole "Maddy you are an amazing person blah blah blah" speech, in fact it makes me cringe almost as much as when the bloke gets on bended knee to propose. And yep
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Jun 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
description

‘Both of us had alluded to cracks in our lives that if explored too far might split wide open, leaving us raw and exposed. I had a feeling we’d end up either completely breaking each other or filling in the cracks. The question was, could we do one without the other?’

This is our first book by M.E. Montgomery and we loved it and we’ll definitely be checking out other work by this author. We fell in love with her characters and her storytelling in this beautiful story about embracing life, self-di
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog

Jun 30, 2016 rated it liked it
3.75 stars!
Mel
Jun 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Yesterday’s Tomorrows is the first book I have read by M.E. Montgomery and it definitely will not be my last. From the prologue to the epilogue, I was invested in this story. It is about honesty, heartache, healing, forgiveness, trust, and learning to love again. It is a beautiful love story with an added element of suspense that made this story a well-rounded read.

Madelyn Stone grew up on the wrong side of the tracks and came from a broken family. Just when she thought things were looking up fo
Shrimalya
Jul 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, contemporary
Review: This was such an amazing and heart-touching story about second chances!The book focuses on Maddy who is being released from prison early.She has also been given a job,an apartment and a new start as a part of a new work-release program at Mr.McCloskey's law firm.Mrs.McCloskey used to be one of Maddy's favorite teachers and once she came to know about Maddy's status she ended up helping her.Though we know that Maddy had murdered someone we don't know why she did it.

On the day of her relea
2OCC Reviews
Jun 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: stefanie
Five stars is not enough to rate this book. I am still reeling from the emotions I felt while reading this. I feel as though someone has delved into my soul and put it on paper. I do not personally know M. E. Montgomery but I feel as if she has known me my whole life. From the first page to the last, I was sucked in and refused to stop reading.

It's hard to read a book that hits on so many levels, to feel so exposed by someone else's words and I don't think I have ever related to a character lik
Sheila
Rating: 5 stars out of 5

Blurb:

Lynda
Jun 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The prologue to this story had me riveted. The questions of what the hek is happening and why rolling through my mind. It instantly addicted me.

This is truly a unique and beautiful story. So many emotions and feelings are wrapped up in this roller coaster. Trying to put it into words is proving difficult. Shame I can't just say "you need this book in your life" as my review.
Im left smiling with a full heart and a sense of story contentment surrounding me. Well done to M.E Montgomery on creatin
Kimberly
May 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I started reading this and couldn't put it down, great story. Madelyn Stone has had a rough life and at 24 she has been through more than people twice her age. She was raised on the wrong side of the tracks by an alcoholic father who eventually abandoned her and her sister, Charly. While trying desperately to get a scholarship and get away from her small town Maddy gets caught up in something that changes her life forever. And just when she needed her sister the most, Charly abandons her too.

Ho
Samantha Larkin
Jul 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Sera
Jul 07, 2016 added it
DNF at 61%. There was something cliche about the writing that just kept making me roll my eyes. I just couldn't make myself care about the characters or even the storyline :(
Book Reading Gals
Oct 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Title: Yesterday's Tomorrows

Author: M.E. Montgomery

If growing up in her home wasn’t enough to shatter Madelyn Stone’s illusions of happily ever after, then serving several years behind bars certainly was. Her crime? Believing in family and growing up on the wrong side of the tracks. She’s learned the hard way that there is no such thing as a prince who’ll ride in and save the day, and she pledges never to trust anyone again. Never.

Between a career in the Marines and plans to marry his childhood
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
Mmmmm where to start with this gorgeous book about two broken people who don’t think they need fixing at all but clearly do. I was just willing them to get their act together as you can see from the beginning that they should be together but I’m not spoiling the book by telling you either way.
Maddy Stone was left shattered when she was left to serve a jail sentence for a crime that was born out of love and protection for the family that betrayed her. 6 years later and she has no family and trus
Tanya Turner/ Sugar Shack Book Blog
I first discovered M.E. Montgomery a few months ago. Having fallen in love with her Polaris Series, I couldn't wait to dive into Yesterday's Tomorrow's. She completely blew me away with this story. This book delivers it all, suspense, loss, pain, romance and hope. It begins with Maddy's release from prison. She's paid a debt she didn't deserve to pay. I absolutely adored Maddy. She has to be one of my favorite heroine's ever. No matter the obstacles before her she remains strong and positive. Li ...more
Andrea Britton
What a book! I'm still having a hangover from it and it's been 2 days since I read it. Ahhhh it's so good. It's a different storyline then I've ever read and what a storyline it is.

Maddy and Holt take us on a rollercoaster of emotions. Maddy is starting over so to say and Holt Andrews was the only one to help her on her first day out. What he wasn't expecting was for Maddy, a newly released felon to stir something inside of him that had been closed off for around 5 years. He tries to push the f
Jan
Everyone deserves a second chance stars

I was totally swept away with Maddy's story, her back story was heartfelt and her ability to push her shoulders back and move on was heartwarming.

Holt's own backstory was also heartbreaking and heartwarming. You could say both Maddy and Holt have found their perfect match and stars aligned at the right time.

M.E Montgomery has written a beautiful and moving story that captivates the heart and
imagination.

Holt is a man who is finding it difficult and not
Amber - TBR Book Blog
Jul 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I have lately been interested in wrongful convictions and abuses of the justice system – I blame Serial and all the other podcasts I’ve listened to since.

Maddy is just getting out of prison for a crime she did commit, but with good reason. She has kept her nose to the grindstone and been a model inmate while she’s been in prison. So she was released early on good behavior. She is ready to get on with her life and forget her past.

Holt was sent by Maddy’s lawyer, who is also a partner in the law
Kristin ~ Book Lovers Obsession
Yesterday's Tomorrow is ME Montgomery's newest novel (and the first I've read from her). I LOVED this book.

Maddy was dealt a crap hand in life. From the death of her mother, to her craptastic father, to her no good sister. She had a grandmother that adored her but old age got the best of her and Maddy was left alone (for all intents and purposes) again. Poor decisions lead to Maddy spending 6 years of her life in jail.

The book starts with Maddy getting out of prison and beginning a new work pla
Jennifer Sons
Jun 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Another home run from Mrs. Montgomery! I loved this book. It kept me wanting more from beginning to end. There were moments I wanted to cry, moments I wanted to scream, moments I DID gasp from anxiety and fear, and moments of complete bliss.

Maddy is an extraordinary character. She found herself having to start all over after a terrible tragedy. Holt is there from the time she steps out of the prison gates. He's amazing! They both brought out the best in each other! Holt has a way of getting to
Jillian
Jun 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is definitely a favorite of mine from this author! How many times in your life do you think the universe is just out to get you? Nothing ever goes the way it should be.
Maybe one day it suddenly turns on a dime, all the bad luck from before is now gone.
I'd like to think this story of a chance to start over, will sink down deep with lots of readers for sure.
Madelyn hasn't had the greatest upbringing, she has some hard things to let go of. Holten is a man with a chip on his shoulder.
These
michelle Shelly
Absolutely wonderful!

This is my first book by this author but it definitely won't be my last. This is a beautifully written story about second chances.
When Maddie is sent to prison for committing a crime to help a loved one she is left feeling alone. Upon her release she is given a second chance to start over.
Holt lost the love of his life five years ago. Not being able to open himself up to anyone he uses women to satisfy needs, never opening his heart to them. Then he meets Mattie and he slo
Cindy Driscoll
Shelves: june-1-2016
I couldn't put this book down. As soon I as started the first page I was hooked. M.E. Montgomery you've done it again.

I'm not going to go through the same spill you can read on all of the wonderful reviews that are on this page.

Just know you will not be disappointed when you grab this one. I'm really giving this book 10 stars you just can't see it.
Tara
Sep 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved, loved, loved this story!!

I fell in love with Holt and Maddy and had to break out the tissues a couple of times.
It has tragedy, it has love, and it left me with feelings.

This is my first book by M.E. Montgomery and it definitely will not be the last. If you haven't read anything by M.E. Montgomery, what are you waiting for?!
Bette Stanek
Nov 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
The prologue to this book reeled me in and the story never let me go. Where there times I sort of rolled my eyes? Sure, but all in all those were few and far between. Holt and Maddy are engaging characters, Holt's family is one you wish you were part of, and their story is both tragic and sweet.

Both Holt and Maddy are broken. Both have suffered immeasurable tragedy. Both are unaware of just how broken they are. Each handles their tragedy in different ways. You don't get the full story on either
Shelley
Aug 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a standalone book about second chances and the power of forgiving yourself, healing and learning to see the positive in yourself.

Maddy is just getting out of jail after serving six years for murder. She is part of a second chance work program at a law office. Holten, a young and upcoming lawyer in the firm, gets roped into picking her up at the jail and showing her to her new apartment. They have a rough start for meeting for the first time.

Maddy's hard work and big heart to prove she de
Kahlan
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved it. Both were fantastic characters. Maddy has been through a lot and it was great to see her overcome her circumstances and become successful and confident. Holt was amazing and I love his devotion and loyalty to Maddy despite his own reservations and haunted past. I love them as a couple and how they got through their obstacles together. M.E. Montgomery does not disappoint and have loved all of their books so far.
Tonya
Mar 14, 2018 rated it really liked it

4.5 beautiful stars.
The perfect book to read curled up on a snowy day. It was beautiful and I absolutely loved it. It had me hooked from the very beginning and kept me hooked to the very end. Then in between was just as perfect. I loved the characters. Maddy was he perfect. Holt was perfect. It was all just so beautiful. So glad I read this story.
Anni
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely great story
Quick and easy read but leaves an impression
The story has some unexpected twists that has you holding your breath - and maybe even shedding a tear.
What's the Name o...: SOLVED. Convict girl on parole and a lawyer. [s] 5 183 Dec 27, 2017 02:23PM
  • With Love in Sight (Twice Shy, #1)
  • Limits
  • Demon Marked (Demon Bound, #2)
  • Crossfire of Love
  • The Catalyst (Preternaturals, #3)
  • All I Have (A Farmers' Market Story, #1)
  • Lessons in Seduction (Once Upon An Accident, #2)
  • Drain Me
  • Chaste (McCullough Mountain, #3)
  • Make Me Crazy (Loco, Texas, #2)
  • Partner Games (Games, #6)
  • Lost and Found
  • The Covert Wolf (Phoenix Force, #1)
  • Untouched (Silver Creek, #2)
  • Reckless River (Men of Mercy, #3)
  • The Virgin's Revenge (Rancho del Cielo, #4)
  • Immersed in Pleasure (The Original Sinners, #0.8)
  • Angel with Attitude