Start by marking “H.A.L.F.: The Makers (H.A.L.F., #2)” as Want to Read:
H.A.L.F.: The Makers (H.A.L.F., #2)

H.A.L.F.: The Makers

(H.A.L.F. #2)

We've seen grey aliens on T.V. and in movies. We may think we know all about them. But what if everything we think we know is wrong?

Erika Holt dodged death and departed Earth in an alien ship. It wasn't how she'd planned to spend her senior year. Is Erika on her way to paradise? Or to a hell worse than the underground lab she escaped?

The greys rescued Tex from A.H.D.N.A.
Published April 7th 2016 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about H.A.L.F., please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about H.A.L.F.

Montzalee Wittmann
H.A.L.F.
The Makers
By: Natalie Wright
Narrated by: Dylan White
This audible book seemed to half a theme of escape...some of our heroes were on the space ship and trying to escape, some were on Earth trying to help others escape, and it was so exciting! There was never a dull moment. I loved that there were evil aliens and nice aliens. Same with people. What we thought we knew in book one, not all of it was right, or partly right. There are more we find out. It is such a fun, fast exciting read. The
Lilyn G. | Sci-Fi & Scary
Even though I really liked The Deep Beneath, I ran out of steam on The Makers about halfway through. It’s not that it was a bad book (it really isn’t), but it does suffer from a little bit of sequel-itis. I did finish the book, but it was a conscious effort on my part to do so, rather than any particular drive to continue the story. Now, keep in mind though, I’m an atypical case because I don’t really like reading series. I prefer to stop at the first book 90% of the time, and it takes (generall ...more
Naturalbri (Bri Wignall)
Jul 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I hadn't read anything by this author previously, but I loved the look of this book. When I got it to review, I had a look at what people had to say, and made the wise decision to grab book one, and start from the beginning. I am so glad I did, as this story really deserves to be read from start to finish. It is exciting, well-written and very easy to get stuck into.

I liked the attention to detail, right down to creating a world, along with unique characters and language. I have always loved th
Alina Cătărău
Warning: H.A.L.F. is a book series where every book is the sequel to the previous one. If you haven't read the first book and you are interested in doing so, please return to my review after finishing it because this article contains spoilers from the first book. I was provided with a complimentary copy of this book so I could give an honest review. Thank you, Natalie Wright, for sending me this book!

Erika, Tex, Ian and Dr Randall are taken by the greys to a strange dark planet called Tro which
Elissa Mahler
Aug 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was blessed with a free copy of this book, and have chosen of my own volition to share this review with you!

The saga continues with H.A.L.F.: The Makers, the second book in the H.A.L.F. trilogy. This book is better than the first book. Continuing where the story left off in the first book. Almost like a continuation of the same book (seamless transition). The characters are complexly developed. The story line continues to twist and turn. I was a bit confused about the timeline, but it all make
Melissa Hayden
Dec 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Where I felt the first book was similar to many alien stories, this one was more impressive. Sure there are some spots that are common, but the story here feels to move to a new level. There are interesting connections between where Erika, Ian, Dr. Randell, and Tex go to with the aliens and where we've been. Very interesting!

I feel this book has more emotion and depth to the characters than the first story. Living through these hard times and fighting to live and return home or save others has b
Anniek
Jul 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Erika, Ian, Tex and Dr. Randall have been taken by the Greys. This is how they named the aliens. On earth they were in the fight of their lives. The scientist Dr. Sturgis saw them as a threat and gave the order to kill them all. Now Erika, Ian, Tex and Dr. Randall are in for a new fight. The Greys gave them only one option, serve them or die.

Erika and Ian are teenagers. They wanted to escape earth together with Erika's boyfriend Jack. The Greys left him behind. Erika and Ian don't understand why
Billy Buttons
Apr 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
TITLE: H.A.L.F. The Makers
AUTHOR: Natalie Wright
Star Rating: 5

‘An enthralling, page-turning sci-fi adventure. The makings of an epic!’ The Wishing Shelf

Firstly, I must comment on the cover. It looks fab! But not just any old ‘fab’ but ‘super fab!’ The cool font also works well and I think any fan of sci-fi will be grappling to get hold of it.
Now to the story. I enjoyed the first book in the set: H.A.L.F. The Deep Beneath and I was very happy to see it won the silver medal in The Wishing Shelf Bo
Olia
Apr 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ARC from the author kindly provided for an honest review

A worthy sequel to the book I liked very much, so make sure you read The Deep Beneath first (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...).

I was gripped from the start, and the characters I came to know and love in part one continued to grow on me. A few worthy additions too! And again the end sets you up for the next installment...

Do not be put off by a 'dictionary' at the start (I was somewhat taken aback when I started reading, I enjoy sci-f
Jasmine
Oct 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
**Once again, thank you to author Natalie Wright for the opportunity to read and review**

The Makers is the sequel to The Deep Beneath. It picks up where the first story left off, and boy, does it get crazy in this one.

Erika, Ian, Dr. Randall, and Tex (aka H.A.L.F. 9) are stuck. Completely and utterly stuck on an alien spaceship with no idea how, when, or if they'll be able to get home.

Jack, on the other hand, is now stuck putting his trust in one of Commander Sturgis's lackeys, Sewell. He's sent
Lelia Taylor
May 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
I read the first book in this series, The Deep Beneath, back in September 2015 and have been eagerly awaiting the next chapter ever since. I'm very happy to say the wait has been well worth it as The Makers is every bit as entertaining.

The first thing that got my attention was the pronunciation and definition guide, a tremendous help when you're reading a book involving unfamiliar terms and language. Will I remember any of it? No, of course not, or at least not much, but it certainly enhanced my
Curly's Ramblings
Dec 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Audiobook review: The story picks up where the last left off with Erika & her best friend in an alien ship along with Tex and the Doc. Unfortunately things aren’t as Tex had hoped for. Jack makes a deal to save his life all while hoping to meet up with Erika again someday. The listener is taken on a roller coaster ride of unfortunate situations all while being entertained. The story is well crafted and the characters are likable. My only gripe is the narration. I liked Mr. White’s voice but ...more
Claire
Dec 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm really enjoying this series and this book kept me hooked. There were several twists that seemed to come out of no where and I loved how unpredictable it was.

The complexity of the first book is continued in this one, it's not hard to follow, it just shows that a lot of planning has gone into this series.

I can't wait to know what is going to happen next so book 3 is the next book I'm listening to.

The narration is great, the character voices are really well done and the delivery is dynamic and
Rachel
*thank you to Natalie Wright for a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review*

3.5 stars.
Im really getting into this series now and im so glad about it. Its bringing back my sci-fi love as this is all you can hope for in a sci fi novel. Im enjoying the characters ad the settings, its all just really good!
Jenna
Jul 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
E.
Jul 13, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: sci-fi, suspense

"H.A.L.F.: The Makers" by Natalie Wright is the second story in the ‘H.A.L.F.’ series and is a science fiction story that is told through multiple points of view in different venues and time periods. The majority of the story is centered around the abduction of two separate groups of beings and their respective quests for freedom, but there is also a subplot that involves an alien culture (or two) which has its own agenda for the inhabitants of Earth. One group, consisting of Tex, Erika
Jessica Bronder
Jul 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Erika and Ian have been taken by the greys. They have been infected by a virus and have to find the antidote. Tex has caught the eye of the alien queen. She is showing him how compatible they would be together as long as his human side disappears. And Jack has been left on Earth. With the greys attacking it is up to him to protect those that held him against his will.

There is a lot happening in this story. But it is not that hard to keep up with the different characters. I love how the chapters
emily
H.A.L.F.: The Makers is great! I really enjoyed this science fiction book which is a biggie for me because I don't usually favor science fiction books. I was surprised by the author's writing style. Just some of the words that Ms. Wright used captivated me. I also loved the pace of the book, sometimes I think science fiction books tend to drag on a bit.

The characters in H.A.L.F.: The Makers are great. I liked the point of view change. It worked very well with the story. All the characters were
Denis
Jun 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: giveaway-win
I won this in a giveaway but I couldn't start the second book without reading the first so I went and bought it and I'm happy I did so. I have a weakness for science fiction and young adult science fiction is so convenient. I read this book in a day and it was a good read, great thriller with some interesting twists. I'll make sure to keep an eye out for this authors upcoming books and I will have to complete this series.
Underground Book Reviews
Sep 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Although H.A.L.F.: The Makers is intended for teen and young adults, Wright incorporates a flavor of Star Trek and Twilight Zone episodes into her writing style, which makes it very appealing for older readers as well.

Read the rest of the review at Underground Book Reviews dot org
Apr 01, 2018
Martha S. Heney
Feb 08, 2017
Natalie Wright
Mar 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Rozena Dupuis
May 08, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »
Free Books, .99, ...: Audiobook & Ebook SF YA series 1 6 Oct 11, 2017 01:24PM
Readers That Love...: Audiobook & Ebook H.A.L.F SF YA series 1 2 Oct 11, 2017 12:38PM
Audiobooks: Audiobook Giveaway - SF YA - open World Wide 1 6 Oct 11, 2017 12:29PM
Free Book Giveaway: e/audiobook SF YA 1 1 Sep 24, 2017 09:59AM
Book Giveaways: Audio/ebook SF YA 1 9 Sep 24, 2017 09:55AM
Books, Blogs, Aut...: Audio/ebook YA SF 1 3 Sep 24, 2017 09:38AM
Readers That Love...: Audio/ebook HALF series 1 4 Sep 24, 2017 09:26AM

• Steampunk is Dead (The Feedback Loop #2)
  • Riven (The Lost Imperials, #3)
  • Lucifer’s Star
  • Silicon Dawn (Silicon World, #0)
  • The Mainframe (The New Agenda, #3)
  • Beware the Little White Rabbit
  • Codename: Night Witch (The Girls From Alcyone, #3)
  • Ghosts of Empire (Empire of Bones Saga, #4)
  • Clan
  • Teeth of the Gods (Unweaving Chronicles, #1)
  • Strain of Resistance (Strain of Resistance #1)
  • The Hierophant (The Arcana Series #1)
  • Wrapped in the Past (The Call to Search Everywhen, #0.5)
  • Aurelious Forty: Volume One
  • To Beat the Devil (The Technomancer #1)
  • Treasure of the Dead (Dane Maddock Origins #9)
Natalie writes Sci-Fi and Fantasy fiction for teens and adults including the award-winning Sci Fi series, H.A.L.F., and The Akasha Chronicles, a young adult fantasy trilogy.

She is also a co-host of the Tipsy Nerds Book Club podcast (premieres April 11, 2019), a show dedicated to great Sci-Fi/Fantasy stories with a twist: the hosts recreate fictional cocktails for the book of the week—and drink the

H.A.L.F. (3 books)
  • H.A.L.F.: The Deep Beneath (H.A.L.F., #1)
  • H.A.L.F.: ORIGINS (H.A.L.F., #3)