Start by marking “If Your Wife Only Knew” as Want to Read:
If Your Wife Only Knew

If Your Wife Only Knew

"A dramatic tale of betrayal." --Booklist

In this scandal-filled series, Cydney Rax delivers a sexy tale of a doubting wife, a seductive challenge, and explosive consequences no one will ever see coming...

Something's wrong with her perfect marriage, but Kiara Eason isn't sure what. Her ambitious husband, Rashad, is the last person who'd ever cheat--and she never imagined
Published December 27th 2016 by Dafina Books (first published December 29th 2015)

African Americans on the Move Book Club
'If Your Wife Only Knew' The story of a Kiara, a married woman, and Rashad, her womanizing husband. As she wades through his inappropriate behavior, she comes to close to enacting drastic life altering decisions. I found that Kiara's reactions were just as bad as her husbands infidelities. Which leads you to wonder, would a woman such as Kiara, a mother no less, supposedly put up with so much. I found this story to be somewhat unbelievable, filled with a childish cast and dialogue. My hope is t ...more
Reading in Black & White
Have you ever read a book and sincerely wanted it to get better? I mean really try to do a "Jedi mind trick" and change the dialogue? That was sincerely my wish when reading this book. It wasn't because there were grammatical or editing errors, but it was simply immature and childish. But, since we are living in the age where folks on reality shows are "stars" and women that dress half-naked on Instagram are "models," then I'm sure there is an audience that will really love this book. It simply ...more
Paula Allen
Nov 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oh when they say the wife didn't know! The secrets in this book are many. IF YOUR WIFE ONLY KNEW is the first book in the Love and Revenge series by Cydney Rax. Kiara and Rashad Eason's marriage is not what it appears to be on the outside. Rashad is a very busy man outside of the home and it is not all at work. As Kiara slowly peels back the layers of Rashad's indiscretions, she find herself not making the best choices. These characters and the secrets they hold is a hot-bed of salacious interac ...more
Beverly
I reviewed this book for RomanceInColor.com

Kiara Eason has been married to Rashad for close to ten years and to family and friends, they have the perfect marriage. Yet, lately Kiara’s intuition is telling her that there is more to Rashad’s lack of attention in their lives inside and outside of the bedroom than being overworked. Kiara loves her husband and will do anything to save her marriage. Confronting Rashad on her unhappiness only causes more frustration when his behavior does not change. R
Shavonna Futrell
Talk about Drama, lies, and scandalous. This was a very good book. I won a ARC and had not read it until know. I could kick myself. This book made me mad, laugh and a whole lot of Omg no he did not, or no she didn't. Men and women are trifling on a whole another level. I cannot wait to read the next one.
Joi
Mar 14, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I didn't like this book. Too long, with not a lot happening.
Michelle
Feb 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a prologue!Too bad it was only a dream.Rashad was a total dog and player and I really would've liked the prologue to be true.I liked that Kiara worked as hard as she did to keep her marriage together but also had a secret special account only in her name.Some people can do that and in her case it was a smart thing.The fact that Rashad was soo unfaithful to her and had a child even and never told her makes him more of a dirty dog.He was using her money too to pay for the care of another chil ...more
SℓιM
Oct 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks
Spoilers

I don't feel bad for Rashad at all that's what he gets. I was done for at the end when he was following them. Like now you see what good you has. But you want to cheat on a good woman. Now she's with someone who actually cares, and now you're with a psychopath. Lol but you don't want her even though she meets your needs boy bye. KARMA IS A MOTHER.

I'm so glad that Kiera finally got rid of Rashad and gotten with Edison. I was praying for them to mess around. My heart was racing glad that
Tanishia Pearson
Jun 03, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If Your Wife Only Knew by Cydney Rax was something serious. Rashad Eason was a man who wanted his cake, ice cream, and goodie bags too. He was successful, yet way too confident. His boldness was on another level.

Kiara Eason is the perfect wife who has the perfect life or so she thinks. Lately, her world has started to shake but nothing will prepare her for the moments when it all comes crumbling down!

This book paints an interesting picture of what happens when you find yourself doing something
Lisa
Mar 04, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Life can sometimes backfire!

Sometimes you find your life is not what you portray it to be. Rashad is just a whoremonger and he seems to not want to change his ways. Kiara has gotten fed up with her marriage. Alexis and Nicole are the side chicks but don't know how to stay in their place! There was so much drama and suspense. This was a great novel and I look forward to the next installment in The Love and Revenge series.
Natasha
This book held my attention for the most part, plenty of drama and messiness. There were some unrealistic parts that were far fetched even for a work of fiction that made me give it a 3 instead of a 4. These female characters were a mess and definitely needed some help. The male characters were more believable. The way the book ended I suppose there is a follow up book. I'll probably give it a listen if it's on audio. There were some unanswered questions in this book.
Faith89
Oct 23, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
copy received through Netgalley
This story did not hold my attention. within the first couple of chapters. I started skimming. I thought the dialogue was childish. the characters were a bit immature. if you like a book full of drama, selfishness and disloyalty, this will work for you. just ok for me.
Michelle Wright
Nov 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I won this book in a holiday extravaganza giveaway and I loved it. This book was full of drama from beginning to end. You never knew what was going to happen next. Rashad is married to Kiara but can't keep from being unfaithful with people Kiara has to see on a regular and he doesnt seem to know the meaning of protection. This was a great start to new series and can't wait for part 2.
Imma Booker
Nov 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I listened to this on audiobook. This was a decent read, but the ending was not only anticlimactic, but it kind of left it open ended. Rashad was a crap husband and person and Kiara stuck around for the foolishness for way too long.
Shannan Harper
Jun 26, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not a bad story for my first time reading this author. I got a copy from the library and read it for an online book discussion. Now I have to Wait until August to find out what happens next.
Xondra Day
Dec 01, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
* Copy via Goodreads First Reads and the publisher *

Imaginative and intriguing story with some way out there characters. I liked it. I will say there was never a dull moment in this novel!
Erica L
Jan 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have been a Cydney Rax fan for a while. I love her writing style! This book was soo good! A must read
Lora
Dec 01, 2015 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I won this book in a Goodreads giveaway and will review as soon as I read it.
Nichole Walker
Jul 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'll I'm going to say is, OMG!! I'm starting on the next book.
Nicole Davis
May 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a really good read
Jewel Douglas
Oct 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It kept me wanting more..

This book was a good read, I stayed in the book and pretty much didn't put it down for 2 days..except when I had to. I gave the book 4 stars because at some points the flow of the story felt unclear each paragraph went back and forth between different individuals when I felt a new chapter should have began. Also the story felt rushed. It felt like something's were missing. The book should have spoken more about Rashes and the lack of empathy/disconnect with reality. Ov
Chauna Terry
Not enough violence for me. The twists and turns are decent, but the drama was corny and the resolutions to the problems were not "real life" endings. Kiara was entirely too calm when she found out about her husbands affairs, someone should have been hanging from a tree after Kiara got wind of his despicable indiscretions.
ROSA MICKENS
May 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fascinating true to life book!

Once I began reading this book and got acquainted with the characters, I couldn't put the book down. I found that the theme and in deptb description to be highly fascinating and very true to real life!
Michelle
Ok

This book was ok. I didn’t like the character Rashad and all these women getting pregnant by him...even his wife potentially pregnant by her coworker was just too much.
Rochelle Mitchell
Oct 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a good read.
Skai
Oct 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

COULD BE SPOILERS IN THIS REVIEW! CATION! DON"T READ IF YOU DON"T WNT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS BEFORE YOU READ IT>

That prologue, in the beginning, had me so confused. In the end, I thought that we (as the readers) get to see who Kiara punch out. But end the end she punches no one. Like in the world what was the purpose? I want to know smh. And Rashad thought he was going to get his cake and eat it too humph karma a B-word isn't it. Men don't like when their women cheat but think its okay for the
L Davis
May 27, 2017 rated it liked it
This book started off slow and I was fighting to stay with until I got to Chapter 4 and I fell into and it didn't disappoint at all. On to the second book in the series!
Shae
Aug 20, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a love triangle? Can you tell when it women's intuition versus insecurity? This story tells of how women will lie to themselves to cover up actions or protect their image. Although the marriage was not perfect, Rashad and Kiara have some serious issues. Who is at fault? Wait, where did this baby come from? Some people are too close for comfort. The story is full of lies, deceit, betrayal, and shock.

Orsayor

Kiara Eason has her suspicions that her husband of 10 years is cheating on her and decides to put her marriage on the line to prove it. What she uncovers sends her life in a tunnel wave of shock, deceit, and a boat load of drama.

If I could think of a few words to describe the characters in this books - they would be messy boots, tit-for-tat, childish, and full of drama. As much as I want to say these characters are unbelievable, I do know a few women that will check their phone bills for incomin
KayBee's  Blog Spot
Target audience may have been young adult so it wasn't for me.,

Lisa Smith did a great job narrating this story. I was 5 chapters in and was over the childish, self-entitled, superior attitude of the primary characters. Reminds me of the youth today and if that was the goal then the message was conveyed superbly. And that is also about the time that I realized, the target group was not women over 30. This felt more like a novel for the “young adult/teen” category. And I came to that conclusion b

• I'm Doin' Me
  • Should Have Known Better
  • The Favorite Son
  • Strong Heat
  • Confessions
  • Mama's Boy
  • The Perfect Affair (The Shady Sisters Trilogy #1)
  • Love in Play
  • Pretty Girls in the VIP
  • The Cheating Curve
  • Drama... Another Man's Girl
  • Stone Cold Liar (The Misadventures of Mink LaRue, #5)
  • Sweet Little Lies
  • Forever an Ex
  • Deception
Basically I became interested in becoming a writer after reading Terry McMillan’s novel Disappearing Acts. In 2004 my author dreams were realized via the release of my controversial debut novel My Daughter’s Boyfriend, the story of a 34-year old single mother that becomes attracted to her teenage daughter’s boyfriend.

I love writing about marriage, infidelity, juicy love triangles, family, romance