Start by marking “Relentless: Seven Marathons, Seven Continents, Seven Days” as Want to Read:
Relentless: Seven Marathons, Seven Continents, Seven Days

Relentless: Seven Marathons, Seven Continents, Seven Days

The World Marathon Challenge--seven marathons on seven continents in seven days--is the ultimate race for adventurous runners. It tests the athletes to their limits, going from biting cold Antarctic conditions one day to dry desert heat another. To survive the onslaught of sensations--fear, fatigue, depression, elation--takes a special sort of determination and strength of ...more
Published October 16th 2016 by Rowman & Littlefield Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Relentless, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Relentless

Start your review of Relentless: Seven Marathons, Seven Continents, Seven Days
Sarah Baur
Sep 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have had the pleasure of knowing David Gething since 2008 as my dog's veterinarian. Imagine my shock when one morning in January 2015 I see him on the front page of the South China Morning Post as the winner of the World Marathon Challenge! What's funny is that I saw him for a checkup the previous week for my dog and I was worried about his health - he looked so thin! I had no idea he was training for this journey.

After seeing him in our paper, I emailed him to congratulate him and got a
Caren Michael
Jun 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Very very interesting book esp for anyone who has run a long distance race. I can't wrap my mind around how difficult this must have been! Amazing!
Rick Reitzug
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Incredible book! A must read for anyone who has ever run marathons, ultramarathons, done triathlons, or participated in other extreme endurance sports.
Cheryl P
Oct 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Well, the fact that the book arrived yesterday afternoon and was pretty much devoured in one late-night/early morning sitting, is a telling testament to the book’s status as a real page turner. Intending only to skim over the first chapter and set it aside until I'd finished Jens Voigt's 'Shut up Legs', I ended up side-lining Voigt in favour of Gething, such was the compelling nature of his story.

For those that are interested in the personal accounts of the trials, tribulations and the general
Lindsay Miller
Feb 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A very honest and well written account of how someone turned their life around. The relevance of this book extends far beyond people interested in competitive marathons. It will be enjoyed by any one wanting to read a good story. The book is easy to read and gives insight into the grits and determination required to put the past behind and move into a new stage of life.
Tim Gething
Oct 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I am not a runner and did not expect this book to interest me. However, I found it engrossing and exciting and thoroughly enjoyed reading it. The book is 'made' by the interplay between David and Doug (another competitor). Recommended to runners and non-runners alike.
Nancy

• The Gifted School
  • The Book of Speculation
  • The Woman in the White Kimono
  • Fox 8
  • Reading Behind Bars: A True Story of Literature, Law, and Life as a Prison Librarian
  • The Jade Lily