Start by marking “The Inner Runner: Running to a More Successful, Creative, and Confident You” as Want to Read:
The Inner Runner: Running to a More Successful, Creative, and Confident You

The Inner Runner: Running to a More Successful, Creative, and Confident You

Why are so many people drawn to running? Why is running the most common physical activity? What is it about running that empowers so many people? And how can runners harness that power to create a more meaningful life? The Inner Runner addresses these questions and a whole lot more. This book is not about how to get faster or run a marathon; rather, it explores how the sim
Published April 12th 2016 by Skyhorse Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Inner Runner, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Inner Runner

Stan James
Mar 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
First, some background: I've been running for ten years (since 2009 if you happen across this review some time after 2019), but I'm a late bloomer, as I was already 44 when I started. I can't say I regret how fast my run times may have been in my 20s because I never saw them!

I've read a few books and lots of articles on running. When I began, I researched shoes and other running gear and am glad I did. I still cringe when I see other joggers on the trail in the middle of summer wearing sweat-dre
She
Jun 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
I really liked this book. The author's passion for running is inspiring. Some things did become repetitive, but overall this book is a really good running book. I liked how he shared info about what happens when you are running, about different types of runs, what running can do for your life, and shared stories about runners. I've read numerous books on running and it's one of the better ones I've read. Two thumbs up!
Shamir
May 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Read it , practice it ....... Until you will find your inner runner

It will change you , worth spending your time. Don't just read , practice it . U will see yourself speaking to you.
Josh Morgan
Jun 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Like a combination between a science textbook and a love letter to running. I found it really interesting. I enjoyed the insights into what changes inside your body as you become a runner.
Alon Metser
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful philosophical examination of why we run.
Natalie Flores-henley
Mar 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Listened to this book during my morning runs...beginning running. Very motivating and good insight into the emotional/mental part of running.
Maureen
Aug 20, 2019 rated it liked it
I loved all the genetics and biochemistry explanations that go into running, can not say the same about the poetic part...
CherylR
Dec 30, 2016 rated it liked it
Average

There wasn't much new information in this book. It is somewhat motivational and inspirational, but I found myself skipping over parts as it wasn't holding my attention.
Jason Robinson
Jul 26, 2019 rated it liked it
Running is good for your body, mind, and soul. Interesting, but nothing new...
Linda J.  Isaacson
Apr 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Addictive just like the sport! Running sets me free; the author simply validates.
Roger Smitter
Jul 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Karp wants runners to understand the most important principle of running: “The main thing is to keep the main thing the main thing (p. 113).

His small book is about WHY we run – NOT HOW we run. Running is a chance to make an effort ,to run longer, faster, easier, or smarter.

Karp reminds us that running is an extension of a unique human skill: to move forward using only our feet. He reminds us that unlike many sports, the novice runner and the Olympic marathoner are doing the same thing. He says
Lucie Paris
Apr 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
As I've started to run 6 months ago, I was attracted by the summary to learn more about the insight you can gain from running. It's amazing how fast you pass from not liking it to the addiction of the freedom, running gives to your body and mind.

I've liked the motivating way the author talk about running, about not comparing yourself to the others and the tones of great information, this running expert was able to give us on the body, the mind while you run.
Like the numbers given, the inspiratio
Amber
Aug 29, 2016 rated it did not like it
I started out really enjoying the book and being motivated by it, but the longer I read, the more I realized that the author NEVER CITED HIS SOURCES. He referenced the titles of research studies with some of his claims, but never provided the dates of the research, nor did he back up his claims about the casual relationship of running with various lifestyle improvements, including the claim that running regularly will result in earning more money. That is where he lost me... so I didn't finish t ...more
Caelie
Feb 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
This book had me back on the treadmill this week!
Wendy
Nov 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
More for the cerebral runner than the pavement pounder, Karp explores the why behind how we run. You can read more on the blog: http://www.takinglongwayhome.com/2016...
David
Jun 18, 2016 rated it it was ok
The author does a good job of making the case for why running is a worthy passion, but unfortunately repeats the same things over and over again. Unless you're new to running, this book doesn't offer anything that isn't common knowledge.
Mary
Sep 17, 2019
Joy
Mar 25, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Taking the Long W...: November's Book Review and LinkUp are live! 1 3 Nov 18, 2016 04:00AM
“Running is not about outcomes. It is about a very special, even holy, process that blends the physical with the philosophical, the egotistical with the emotional.” 1 likes