Start by marking “Bound by Birthright (Elven Princess, #1)” as Want to Read:
Bound by Birthright (Elven Princess, #1)

Bound by Birthright

(Elven Princess #1)

Elven princess Arabella is set to marry the human Prince Phillip but her countrymen do not hesitate to express their anger with her parents' attempt to improve relations with the humans. With death threats plaguing her, Arabella is forced into hiding.

When her sanctuary is usurped by pirates, Arabella goes on the run with humans who vow to help and keep her safe. She finds
Published June 6th 2016 by Chardonian Press

To ask other readers questions about Bound by Birthright, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bound by Birthright

Start your review of Bound by Birthright (Elven Princess, #1)
Carrie
Jun 16, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Arabella is the Elven princess and in a time when her people are trying to gain the trust of the humans her parents have agreed to a wedding between Arabella and the human Prince Phillip. This agreement however brings death threats upon Arabella from those that oppose an alliance with the humans.

Fearing for their daughters life Arabella's parents send her off to go into hiding with a group of servants. When pirates show up looking for Arabella she used magic to change her appearance to get away
Kirsty (Amethyst Bookwyrm)
May 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, author, review
Thanks to Netgalley and Patchwork Press for giving me this book to review.

Bound by Birthright is a very likeable light fantasy novel. It is very fast paced with action, romance and adventure. However, the insta-love was irritating and for the most part I found the story predictable.

Arabella is naïve, friendly and impulsive and for the most part I liked her but she did act a bit too proper and self-centred and I wished she would realise what it is like for her staff. Robert is protective and hard
Chelsies Reading Escape
I got this from Netgalley for an honest review. The stunning cover pulled me in, the description peaked my interest and the authors previous Mine series made this a definite read for me. From the first chapter with that assassination attempt I just knew I was going to enjoy it. This book isnt talked about enough. Its such a great story I dont know why its underhyped.

I picked it up telling myself Im only going to read a couple pages. Next thing I know its a few chapters later and I have no inclan
Vicenta
Aug 16, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, young-adult, arc
This book is generic, shoving almost any possible YA tropes in here. MC is an elven princess who really has none of personality. She seems cool and collected at first but then turns into this helpless girl when she meets a love interest. And yes, the romance is insta-love. Admittedly, I can't connect to her, plus the writing fails to pull off any emotion. It's dull as a rock. Sadly it loses the potential to become a great novel.

World-building is one of the weakness in this book. There are no cul
Bookmafia
Jul 10, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: reviewed
Review Highlights:

Genre: Teens/YA

Age: 14+

Recommendation: Not really. This book is not all that enjoyable.

Type: Series, there are a total of three books a this time. Bound to Endure is available and the third Bound by Love will be available July 18, 2016.

Pages: 242

Pricing: Affordable. The e-book of Bound by Birthright is $.99 cents on Kindle and $.99 cents on B&N. Paperbacks are more expensive, they are about $12.00.

Summary: -weak and annoying heroine -interesting but poorly executed plot -poor
Sarah E.
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I was gifted an ebook via Netgalley. I voluntarily read and reviewed it. All thoughts are my own.

I kinda feel bad when I have to write reviews for books that I didn't really care for. I used to read a lot of elf books and have always been obsessed with them and I figured this book would be a new story to love. It wasn't so awful that I couldn't read it, but it definitely suffers from a juvenile writing style. A lot of the descriptions were very basic in the beginning and there were a lot of them
Tahlia
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Once again Janeal has created an amazing world and book with twists and turns you don't see coming. Can't wait to keep reading the series
Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten)
May 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fantasy lovers
Angelique The Gilded Pages
**Thank you Netgalley and Chardonian Press for granting me access to this title in exchange for an honest review.

Let me start off by saying I went into this one with very low expectations, because I had read Janeal Falor's Ever Darkening and highly disliked it. But the premise to Bound by Birthright really dr.ew me in because it could have been amazing, but unfortunately I was disappointed yet again.

Like I said, the premise sounded wonderful-an elven princess betrothed to a human prince so that
Alexa
Jun 21, 2016 rated it did not like it
I received an eARC from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

When I was browsing through Netgalley, I was immediately intrigued by the premise of this novel. An Elven princess off to marry a human prince in the name of duty and diplomacy thrown in with some pirates? It gave room to a lot of things. There was a lot of potential for twists and turns, courting, and over all adventure.

So you can only imagine my extreme disappointment. I only got to about 16% before I put it down. I don't know
Sionna
*I received this book through netgalley in exchange for a honest review*
On the border of liking it and disliking it.

Coming back to review it, I've tipped over into not liking it.

First off, the writing didn't flow well. I found myself distant from the story and couldn't help but look at the words. Conversations felt awkward at times. Personalities were hard to distinguish. There were also weird spelling mistakes...

The sequence of events was a bit dramatic at times and at others just not making
Melinda Howard
*This book was provided via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.*

I really liked this book. The idea of an eleven princess going into hiding after attempts on her life due to a betrothal to a human was intriguing. The constant action in the book made it an interesting and fast paced read and I really liked the main character Aribella (aka Adelei) especially how she came to realise that elves and humans were so alike and became so dedicated to uniting the two races and stopping a war she wo
H.J. Aridan
Jul 02, 2016 rated it did not like it
* I received a digital copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review*

This should have been an amazing novel. The premise was absolutely fantastic and I was immediately gripped by the description. However, I was so disappointed with the story I don't even know where to begin. I DNF at 21%, so I suppose I can begin there. Everything that could possible go wrong with this novel went wrong. Terrible editing, a MC that was so inaccessible to the reader that there was no connection
David Stringer
Jun 12, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: fantasy
First off I really like the front cover, this did capture my attention and secondly the premise of the book is interesting. An elven princess needing to marry a human Prince for the good of her people! Who due to an assassination attempt is forced to go into hiding. (no more potential spoilers to be added) and adventures then follow.

So the first chapter or so seem good. But then, something goes wrong, and I'm not sure if it's the writing style or an overzealous editor trying to keep the word cou
Samantha
Princess Arabella from an elf kingdom is forced into hiding after an attempt on her life is foiled. The people from her own kingdom and humans from another are enraged with her recent betrothal to a human prince. While on the run, she encounters a handsome human who beguiles her and makes her question her own resolve.

Bound by Birthright has a really interesting premise (and awesome cover). A princess forced into hiding, magic, pirates! What’s not to like?

However, the little to no world building
Whitney
Jun 28, 2016 rated it liked it
I received this book for an honest review and it was an easy read. It didn’t make me feel anything until the very end. This book is about an elven princess named Arabella who is betrothed to a human prince named Phillip. This book takes a turn for the worst when her life is threatened because of this betrothal. In under to protect her she taken into hiding where it becomes apparent that everything is not as it seems. On her travels to hidden locations she meets some interesting characters such a ...more
Marium
I signed up for the free copy because I really liked the Mine series by this author and expected this to be at least as good, if not better; I'm not disappointed, but I'm also not entirely satisfied. Some parts seemed to be exaggerated, and I means the ones with Robert and Arabella alone. But, it wasn't a bad book. I think it's a little too soon to judge the story or the characters; there's a lot to discover before anything concrete can be said. The book is really interesting and leaves one very ...more
Debi
Apr 12, 2016 added it
Shelves: dnf
I received an ARC of this book. Thank you Janeal! I was a big fan of the Mine series so I was excited for a new series. Unfortunately, this one did NOT resonate with me at all. I am a DNF at 16%. I'm sure the writing style of this one was to strategic on some level but I couldn't get past the fact that, at some points, it felt like I was reading my daughters "Dick and Jane" book. Short, choppy sentences and basic language. I found it too boring to continue.
Karla
I didn't enjoy this book at all and found myself skimming. Girl falls in love with someone who is not her intended after a perilous journey to meet her husband to be. It could have been so much better but more often than not I found the book boring, hence the skimming.

I wish the author every success with book 2.

I was given a copy in return for an honest review.
Sami
Jul 06, 2016 rated it liked it
This book had definite issues. It was choppy and jumped around a bit. As an overall story, I didn't think it was bad but the choppiness created a lot of confusion.
Lou-Lou Belle
Jul 13, 2016 rated it it was ok
ARC provided by Netgalley for an honest review.
Very juvenile writing, with a protagonist I could not force myself to like. Many plot holes.
Perhaps for readers 11-13.
Tena
Kathy
Oct 16, 2019
Julie Wilson
Mar 24, 2020

• The Betrothed (The Betrothed, #1)
  • Golden Chains (Fantasy and Fairytales, #2)
  • #TheRealCinderella
  • The Glittering Court (The Glittering Court, #1)
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
  • The White Rose (The Lone City, #2)
  • The Day Is Ours (Dragon Brigade)
  • Shadow Raiders (Dragon Brigade, #1)
  • The Boyfriend Bet (Boyfriend Chronicles, #2)
  • Privateer (The Dragon Corsairs, #2)
  • Spymaster (The Dragon Corsairs, #1)
  • Kingmaker (The Dragon Corsairs, #3)
  • The House of the Scorpion (Matteo Alacran, #1)
  • Princess Academy (Princess Academy, #1)
  • The Midnight Sea (The Fourth Element, #1)
  • Silverthorn (The Riftwar Saga, #3)
  • The Blade Witch
  • Magician: Master (The Riftwar Saga, #2)
Janeal Falor lives in Utah with her husband and three children. In her non-writing time she teaches her kids to make silly faces, cooks whatever strikes her fancy, and attempts to cultivate a garden even when half the things she plants die. When it's time for a break she can be found taking a scenic drive with her family or drinking hot chocolate.

Elven Princess (3 books)
  • Bound to Endure (Elven Princess, #2)
  • Bound by Love (Elven Princess, #3)