Start by marking “Username: Regenerated (Username, #2)” as Want to Read:
Username: Regenerated (Username, #2)

Username: Regenerated

(Username #2)

3.94  ·  Rating details ·  868 Ratings  ·  84 Reviews
Evie is safe home, but her heart remains in e.scape. She's desperate to return, but the app that transports her has corrupted in the great reboot.
When besotted geek, Lionel, offers to help, he doesn't just restore the gateway as she had planned. He opens up a series of revelations that calls into question everything Evie treasures in life. With a momentous discovery to be
Published November 1st 2016 by Running Press Kids

To ask other readers questions about Username, please sign up.

Reem Alkhalaf
Apr 03, 2017 rated it liked it
It was better than the first part
Lola
Nov 09, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: graphic-novel
This book is... not very hopeful. And kind of annoying.

Evie is back in her human world, leaving the friends she met in the virtual world behind. But not for long, since her friend – whom she led on, then proceeded to break his heart in the most eye-rolling way – magically restored the app, enabling her to go back.

I feel like this story is going round and round. In the first book, she entered the world for the first time, opening the door for other people with bad intentions (her cousin) to go
Kristina
Dec 14, 2017 rated it liked it
It was just okay. Not a bad story but I think it has more potential.
Yvonne
This can described using one word, boring.

If you read the first book, User name Evie, and like me thought it wasn't that bad, don't go the extra mile and read the completely unnecessary sequel.

The first book ended on an interesting, but satisfying note. It wasn't by any means a great book, but I decided to see what regenerated had to offer.

As I said above, boring and completely unnecessary. I think it's supposed to be a story about love and loss and finding family or something, but the story
Victoria Kennedy
Originally published on My Books Are Me

I was kindly sent a copy of this book from Hachette Australia in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.

Joe takes us back into e.scape in this fantastic sequel, taking us deeper into the world and the lives of the characters.

All Evie can think about is the guy she left behind in e.scape. She doesn't know his name, only that he no longer exists due to her dad regenerating the world of e.scape. What's worse it that the gateway to e.scape is
Dejanira Dawn
When he announced he was releasing another book, I literally jumped up and down. I'm not one to read graphic novels but honestly, I really want to start reading them. Can't wait to get my hands on this!
Destiny | myhoneyreads
**3.75/5

It was an interesting turn of events. I liked the plot, didn’t care for the characters this time around, and I was quite angry with one of the characters throughout the entire book. The dialogue bothered me, not sure why. I enjoyed the story and the graphics were great. A solid read.
Grace
Jan 29, 2017 rated it it was ok
Username: Regenerated was a good continuation of the Username story, however I only just found it to be okay.

PROs:
- I like the art style
- I like that Mallory is not annoying as frick anymore

CONs:
- I wanted more of the hooded guy cause I ship him with Evie
- I'm starting to find Lionel annoying as frick, and I shouldn't, but I do.
- I found the story to be somewhat predictable at times.

Yeah, this is the most basic review ever. If I think of more things, I will add to this review - but for now I'll
Erica
Jan 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
"...But it felt as if a chapter in my life had well and truly ended...And a brighter one set to begin."
Lauren
Dec 28, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was SO much better than the first one and I'm so pleased for Joe!
I'mogén
Aug 03, 2017 rated it it was ok
Actual rating: 2.5 / 5 stars.

I like how coy Joe Sugg was being about this series. In the introduction to this he said how he'd always wanted this world to have more than one book. He didn't mention how long a series it would be, which was smart so if future works fall through, he'd get away with just the two and wouldn't have shot himself in the foot.
I think this series is just gonna be so so for me.
I liked the storyline of this but the execution still felt poor to me and I was annoyed by a lot
Naaz
Apr 10, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: physical-books
Review coming soon.
Alice Vanhoucke
Jan 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016
I really enjoyed this book. We learned a lot about the old characters and the new ones were very refreshing.

Good work, Sugg
océane (une.bibliotheque)
(first read in 2016)
«so far so good!! I am not used to graphic novels but the drawing and the plot are so well built. I loved it, can't wait for the third one!»

(re-read in 2018)
three out of five stars
let me explain why I changed my rating for this graphic novel: Lionel boooooooored me so much, he is so annoying, he does not help the story to go forward (except when he managed to get e.scape to work again) and it seems that the story is going round and round, it is always about someone going to t
Alex
Sep 30, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is amazing, i read it in one sitting, couldn't put it down. The book follows from username: Evie, this is the second book in the series and probably the last, sadly. It's a fantastic graphic novel and one of my favorite of all time, i'll continue to reread this for years to come.
i suggest everyone go a pick these two books up if you haven't already,
Username: Evie
Username: Regenerated.
Filipe
Dec 15, 2016 rated it did not like it
Great example on how author media popularity can persuade an editor to publish mediocre work and be financially worth it. Just feels like i got scammed into buying this by hordes of youtuber fans pushing the rating up. I was even foolish enough to buy both volumes straight away. Never again.
Josefine May
Oct 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
Genuinely like this book. It was a great sequel, though the ending a bit rushed and awkward. Not that much character development (unfortunately) but the amazing format really makes the story come to life in a torally different and interesting way from normal books. Looking forward to the next one!
Millie May
Oct 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was so good!! Lots of references to lots of his videos that made laugh a lot!! Really proud of Joe - my husband!! Great quick read (that doesn't really mess with your feels!!)!!
Green Jazz Blues
May 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was somewhat of a surprise as I bought it without realizing it was a graphic novel - I thought it'd be just a printed book. My only other experiences in the graphic novel genre are with the first Alex Rider adventure (Stormbreaker?) and a very weird one called "Bone."
The illustrations were somewhat like Bone, not exactly very professional but still quite suited to the story. Apparently, there are three books in this series but I had not known this prior to purchase as I bought it from
Sylvs (ThroneofShook)
When I read USERNAME: EVIE I was amazed by the storyline and eagerly wanted to pick up book two and see if I would love it just as much as I did its predecessor. It was a good read, but it did not live up to the first books great review in my opinion. I loved USERNAME: EVIE so much that I didn’t have that many bad comments to say in my review. In USERNAME: REGENERATED I unfortunately do.

First of all, I thought USERNAME: EVIE finished on a good note. I thought it ended well and I was nonchalant
Mia
Aug 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
I appreciated the fact that credit was given to everyone who worked on this book. Sure, Joe's name is one the front but inside they mention everyone who worked on the book which was nice. Not all youtubers do that.

It was a fun graphic novel to read and I enjoyed it just as much as the first one, maybe even a little more. I personally don't watch Joe on YouTube, so I felt like my reading experience was different from someone who does. I was able to detach the work from the creator and I treated i
Keen
Nov 06, 2018 rated it liked it

2.5 Stars!

"It's all about making the effort, and creating a good time rather than thinking you're missing out on a better one."

I read the predecessor to this a few years back and quite enjoyed it, and stumbled upon this in the library and so I thought I would give it a shot. Sugg and the creative team behind this clearly know their market well and have developed a strong and enticing enough story line, backed with some punchy, vibrant colouring that will surely appeal to the many teenagers (and
Beth B Free
Aug 13, 2017 rated it it was ok
The sequel to "Username: Evie" held more tension and conflict than the first book, but a lot of what I struggled with remained the same. The dialogue was very simple and corny, the text boxes throughout literally explained what was going on or the lesson you were supposed to learn, and the characters were very one dimensional. I liked that Mallory decided to drastically change herself to be kinder, however, she stays with her uncaring, narcissistic boyfriend and the new kindness involves calling ...more
Giulia
Jul 26, 2017 rated it liked it
Book three of BTAT read!!
I read this in one sitting, I think about a couple hours.
It was nice to read, but I couldn't say I loved it. Just a nice easy read.
It was interesting knowing the mother and what happened to her, River's carachter is particularly interesting to me, I don't know why.
I'll probably read the next book(I think there is going to be a third) sometime but it's not a series I'm super hyped about.
What I'm trying to say is that I like it, but not sooo much. I hope you guys get it 🙃
Sarah Crawford
Jun 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
We're back to e.scape where Evie is able to visit again. This time, though, she finds out that the place is a whole lot more than she thought since it includes an entire underworld with its own, not always friendly, individuals include one that Evie knows personally.

There's also a couple of people from e.scape who end up in our world. That's just a short version of what is a fully-developed story. The story itself is good and interesting with fascinating characters.
Elouise
Oct 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Loved Username: Regenerated as much as I loved the first graphic novel; Username: Evie. This one full of action, adventure and unlike the first, sadness. Defiantly felt my heart braking especially towards the end of the book when Oak was killed and Evie's mother left her, again. However, I can't wait to dive into the third and supposedly final Username: Evie book; Username: Uprising.
Cara
Jun 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Not as engaging as the first one but the plot is interesting and I still want to keep reading. It feels like he wanted to do a lot of world building and exposition in this story and the jumping back and forth on the point of views was a little annoying at times. However, it was still a good book and I'm excited for number 3.
Steven
Jan 14, 2018 rated it did not like it
Don’t know how Sugg gets any support for this series. It is literally the worst set of graphic novels I’ve ever read. The best ideas here were taken from others, like TRON. The 1 star is because there is a nice moral push to the story and I can’t give it zero stars.
Tiah
Aug 05, 2017 rated it liked it
I had pretty much the exact same problems with this book as I did with the previous book in the series, however I do think that the dialogue improved quite a bit- dont get me wrong, I was still seriously cringing at some if the things said, however it was a lot more developed than Username Evie.
Mel Nicolaou
Jun 12, 2018 rated it liked it
A short graphic novel with half decent illustrations, characters and plot. Oak was by far my favourite. The storyline was very much one dimensional however great imaginative concept of a digital dimension that is potentially more 'real' than our reality.
  • Girl Online Going Solo (Girl Online, #3)
  • Fireworks
  • Generation Next (Generation Next, #1)
  • Caspar Lee
  • #foolishnovel
  • As She Ascends (Fallen Isles, #2)
  • Unamused Muse (Mt. Olympus Employment Agency: Muse #2)
  • Untitled (Elementals, #3)
  • Unguilded (Mage Guild, #1)
  • Split the Sun (Inherit the Stars #2)
  • The Evaporation of Sofi Snow (The Evaporation of Sofi Snow, #1)
  • Kian and Jc: Don't Try This at Home!
  • The Wicked King (The Folk of the Air, #2)
  • Witch Twins (Witch Twins, #1)
  • The Ghost in Mr. Pepper's Bed
  • The Fox Sister Chapter 1: Little Sister (The Fox Sister, #1)
  • The Ghoul Vendetta (SPI Files, #4)
  • Love Among The Stars (Love... #4)
Joseph Graham "Joe" Sugg, known by his YouTube stage name as ThatcherJoe, is a British YouTube Celebrity, blogger, comedian & internet personality with over three million subscribers. His second channel is called ThatcherJoeVlogs, and also has a gaming channel called ThatcherJoeGames. He is well known for being crazy and eccentric; he is also very good at impressions. He refers to his subscrib ...more

Username (3 books)
  • Username: Evie (Username, #1)
  • Username: Uprising (Username, #3)