Start by marking “Star Wars: Skywalker Strikes, Volume 2” as Want to Read:
Star Wars: Skywalker Strikes, Volume 2

Star Wars: Skywalker Strikes, Volume 2

(Star Wars (2015) (Single Issues) #2)

The trio struggles to fight back against Vader and his troops while waiting for C-3PO to save the Millennium Falconfrom scavengers in the trash fields.
Library Binding, 24 pages
Published August 15th 2016 by Abdo Spotlight (first published February 4th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Star Wars, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Star Wars

Sam Quixote
Feb 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Set between A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back, Leia has led the rebels in an attack on the Empire’s weapons factory on Cymoon 1 - only to find Darth Vader there! It’s Luke vs Vader as Leia and Han navigate a hotwired AT-AT against the stormtroopers, while Threepio does his best to stop scavengers from taking apart the Falcon!

Much like the first issue, Jason Aaron and John Cassaday have put together a fine comic in Star Wars #2, the flagship title from Marvel’s new Star Wars range. However,
Jedi JC Daquis
I loved the action scenes in this issue. The rebel gang vs. Vader is an exciting start for a Star Wars comic book series. I only have one gripe here: (view spoiler).

Star Wars is a good entry point for those who want to get into comics. It is an easy, enjoyable read. H
Lindsey Lynn (thepagemistress)
So snarky. So perfect.
Nicolo Yu
Mar 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was an excellent issue. The action picks up considerably in volume from the last issue. I am truly enjoying Cassaday's work, the man was born to draw Star Wars.
Raoofa Ibrahim
Darth Vader is fighting Luke .. this one is more like a cat and a mouse chase.

Emily Dones
These are so quick to read. That encounter with Vader, the action; God this is just incredible.
Jon
Feb 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
This series is starting out brilliantly. All of the heroes stay true to their respective characters and I'm glad to see Darth Vader being the badass that he is. The Stormtroopers also seem remarkably competent like they're meant to be, perhaps even a little brutal. Great, fun adventure for all fans.
Paul
Jul 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So many references and hidden meanings that actually add to the movies. I love how Aaron can make me think about scenes from the movies and interpret them in a new fresh way due to what happens in this comic. First lightsaber battle with Vader and Luke was awesome. So much fun.
Martina
Dec 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics, star-wars
A little too much movie references for my taste, but still good. I love that I am able to follow the story without putting too much thought in it. The art is amazing!
Jefferson Coombs
Aug 29, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: science-fiction
This review will be the same for Darth Vader, Volumes 1-6 & Skywalker Strikes, Volumes 1-6.

I picked up these comics at the library. I spent about 30 minutes with each one. They are fun. I think the stories mesh well with the films. These volumes need read in order as Vader and Luke are characters in each and the timeline only makes sense if they are read chronologically. I enjoyed most of the artwork, the one exception being Han, the artist just didn't quite capture Harrison Ford. Right now
William Wygle
Apr 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The plot thickens in Issue #2 when Luke Skywalker comes face to face with Darth Vader for the (unofficially) first time. Meanwhile, Han, Leia, and Chewie hijack an Imperial Walker while rescuing a group of slaves on the Imperial base they are attacking. Fun issue to read and enjoy.
Don
Jul 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The rebels daring mission to destroy a weapons factory is in danger when Vader shows up. Now they're just trying to get out alive
Matias Kjølstad
Aug 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4/5 stars
Miguel
Mar 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
good
Max
Oct 30, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The first episode was more fun.
Steven Shinder
Feb 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Stanley
Sep 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, comics
This was an incredibly cool issue where you get to see the first lightsaber battle between Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader. For Vader it is barely even a challenge as Luke is still untrained. However, he stayed behind to allow the others to escape.

Vader quickly disarms Luke and begins to move in on him when an AT-AT foot comes crashing through the ceiling. Han and Leia had managed to get one started and now attempt to squash Vader. However, Vader is too strong with the force and is able to force
Glenn
Mar 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The old Marvel comic series had sort of a "throw away" feel to most of the adventures. You know they didn't fit in continuity, but you were just happy to have more Star Wars adventures. This new series is the other side of the coin. It's canon, so the writers walk a fine line of what is and what is not possible. Set soon after the destruction of the first Death Star, Luke comes face-to-face with Vader in the final panel of the first issue. This issue they have words, neither really knowing who t ...more
Francesca
Feb 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Yes, I went to a comic book store twenty minutes after it was open to buy this comic, and no I do not regret anything.

Anyways, onto the story. I really enjoyed this story, and once again the author really knows how to capture these characters' personalities. This includes Princess Leia gung ho personality. I have issues with her attempting to kill Darth Vadar, I understood why she wants to try and attempt this, but as a politician she knows that Darth Vadar is the second most powerful person in
Richard
I'm jonesing, waiting for "The Force Awakens." I've already re-created the entire isolated score for "A New Hope" and "The Empire Strikes Back", so eager to while away the time. So, I picked up what I could find of the new Aaron/Cassaday Marvel series from a local shop. The series is placed right after A New Hope. The comic really captures the look and feel of the Original Trilogy. It's also supposed to be canon so I'm on it.

WARNING! Spoiler follows WARNING!

Note to the Story Group: When Han sav
Jim
Jan 04, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
Actually read the trade paperback with the first 4 issues but didn't see that as an option in goodreads. Had a storyline from shortly after A New Hope. Kinda conflicts with the official movie canon. The movies always made it seem as if the first time Luke and Vader faced each other was cloud city in ESB. In this storyline, they face each other a few months after the death star destruction. Has some nice but "bowing to fan appeasement" appearances by Boba Fett.
Britt Freeman
SO the art is totally that cheesy 70's vibe, so i guess at least they're keeping that old Marvel dream alive. i do love that it tells the inbetween stories we don't get from the movies. And really, though, where else is there to go with the Star Wars IP? These comics have piqued my interest; i could see myself hunting down the novels, and maybe breaking out my old dark horse comics and rereading. so there is that.
Solace Winter
Feb 11, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I whipped right through this one. Again, the comics actual has character, though this one is pretty much action from start to finish. But as someone who wasn't a fan of the movies, the comics are engrossing me and re-endearing me to characters I liked on paper. Aaron, though, seems to be an incredibly talented storyteller.
Jason Potrzeba
Feb 14, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: marvel
Overall this is a good effort from Marvel. The story seems to be believable and I think it will build a good bridge between episodes 4 & 5. The dialogue is a bit weak. I almost 2 starred this review from this beauty spoken by Vader..."This is most pathetic, you are not worth the SECONDS it would take to finish you."
Jaime K
Feb 23, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Luke actually meeting Vader made me roll my eyes. I guess it helps Vader learn who Luke is, but it seems almost a bit contradictory to ESB.

Han and Leia in the AT-AT was wonderful. Those were some neat scenes.

Han not believing in the Force [still] was perfect for his character.
Jessie Moore
Feb 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book keeps the pace of the first issue. Great action and well written Star Wars dialogue that feels like the movies. Really cool moments too. I am excited to live in a world where I am reading Star Wars comics.
Kami
Feb 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
- Oh Luke! You have so much to learn.

- Leia has major daddy issues!

- I LOVE LOVE LOVE the banter between Han and Leia! It is best! I could read about their arguments all day.

- C3PO is so useless sometimes! What an idiot!
Chris Conley
Feb 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
#1 was a good lead in, while #2 is end-to-end action. It's good stuff. Things explode. Lasers fire. People die. There are lightsabers. What's not to like?
Kristie
May 10, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics-manga
More exciting adventures with the Rebels vs. Darth Vader
Alex Devero
Jun 04, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
Will Han, Leila and Luke escape from the factory or not? Will Vader kill Luke?

• Darth Vader #13: Vader Down, Part 2
  • Shattered Empire #3
  • Princess Leia #1
  • Lando #1
  • Kanan - The Last Padawan #2
  • Star Wars: Darth Maul #1
Jason Aaron grew up in a small town in Alabama. His cousin, Gustav Hasford, who wrote the semi-autobiographical novel The Short-Timers, on which the feature film Full Metal Jacket was based, was a large influence on Aaron. Aaron decided he wanted to write comics as a child, and though his father was skeptical when Aaron informed him of this aspiration, his mother took Aaron to drug stores, where h ...more

Star Wars (2015) (Single Issues) (1 - 10 of 66 books)
  • Star Wars #1