Start by marking “Crushingly Close” as Want to Read:
Crushingly Close

Crushingly Close

At twenty-four years old, Agnes Escueta has risen from the ranks to become a producer for Sports Tonight. No one can touch her, it seems—not even crush-worthy anchorman Daniel Ferrer, who she gets to work with every single day. When a road trip to Indonesia throws Agnes and Daniel together, they find themselves working in close quarters. It doesn’t take long before Agnes ...more
Published July 19th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Crushingly Close, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crushingly Close

Start your review of Crushingly Close
Charlie
description
Read more book reviews at The Perfictionist.

What's a woman to do when she's fiercely independent, and love comes knocking without warning? I think this pretty much sums up our main character, Agnes Escueta's, predicament in this brand new offering from Filipino #romanceclass author Stella Torres.

I think every woman goes through that moment where she has to choose between her hard-won independence, and the stirrings of her heart, thinking that choosing one is equal to losing the other.

What I
Ana Tejano
* Also posted at It's Time, Ana

It's been a while since I've read something of Stella's, and I was really excited for her when she gave me a sneak peek of her new cover last AprilFeelsDay. It felt like a step up from the sweet vibe ofSave the Cake, her first book, and the plot also seemed something fast-paced and exciting, too.

Crushingly Close is about Agnes Escueta, a producer for a sports news show, and her hard work had given her a reputation of being a no-nonsense woman that no one could
April ~ The Reading Belles
ARC was provided in exchange for an honest review.

Originally posted at b i n i b i n i

Sports news producer Agnes Escueta has been working with sports news anchor Daniel Ferrer for four months now. A football game in Indonesia set them to work together with just two cameramen. But what seemed to be a casual work turned into something more when Daniel started to do weird things for Agnes. But is Agnes ready? Her career is her top priority after all.

I love that Stella chose sports broadcasting as
Carla Guzman
Aug 09, 2016 rated it liked it
I received an ARC of this book in exchange for a review (then went ahead and bought the book when it came out!).

Stella Torres' Save the Cake was the first Filipino-authored romance that I read, and when I heard that Crushingly Close came out, I immediately grabbed it and never let go. :)

I love Agnes as a character. I always relate to characters who really put their lives on hold to take care of their family, and her relationship with her parents and brother was something I liked about her. But
Aira Irish
Aug 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
I love the approach the story it was captivating and flirty. Damn, Daniel what I love about him is he's direct in expressing his feelings towards Agnes. Definitely, He's sweet, caring and his witty nature is sexy.

I love about Agnes being driven and passionate towards her work. Her love and devotion to her family is priceless.

I love the glimpse of the world behind sports new it felt like I'm also with them living and capturing moments with them.

In totality, I love it!
Ella
Oct 21, 2016 rated it liked it
We have choices that life always present to us and it is how we choose from these that we get our life, our happiness. It has always been in our power to be happy. And we should always choose to be happy and live in love.

Continued here :
Sep 05, 2019
Andro
Dec 05, 2019
Stella
Jul 28, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Jillanie
Sep 15, 2016
Goodreads Librari...: Cover Change 11 30 Jul 06, 2016 07:07AM
Stella Torres is the author of Save the Cake, Crushingly Close and the short story "Be Creative from Kids These Days (Stories from Luna East Arts Academy Vol.1). In her previous life, she had worked in public relations, taught English as a second language, and even attended graduate school (twice!). She has lived in Indonesia, Honolulu, and Quezon City before moving back to her hometown of Los ...more