Start by marking “No Way Out: Kari (Trek Mi Q'an, #8)” as Want to Read:
No Way Out: Kari (Trek Mi Q'an, #8)

No Way Out: Kari

(Trek Mi Q'an #8)

Can be read as a stand-alone, but we recommend you read the stories in sequence for maximum enjoyment. This is the backstory on Kari and Death; their full story will be told over the course of the next three books. Whisked from Earth to the matriarchal planet of Galis by forces unknown, Kara Summers finds refuge in the mountainous crystal fortress of the Gy'at Li sector. T ...more
ebook
Published April 27th 2016 by Ellora's Cave Publishing Inc.

Carolyn F.
Dec 09, 2016 rated it it was ok
I'm reading this as part of the anthology Alien

Ugh! This story seemed like the idea of one but it wasn't fleshed out at all. A real disappointment since I usually like this author. 2 stars.

Selenity Jade (Coffee Addicts Book Reviews)
So, I was actually VERY into this story, despite being kind of confused as I never read this series before... Then boom, it ended. So now I am kind of pissed too. My problem is this short novella/story is the 8th one or something, so obviously I'm missing a lot of story. That said, this one is making me want to read the entire series. Pretty freaking good.
Heather
Dec 13, 2017 rated it liked it
Read as a part of the Alien book

Well to start off I was really excited to know the author finally continued the series. I fell in love with Jaid Black's work and have read and re-read every story she's published.

That said I wasn't overly taken with this story. To be honest I expected a lil more. However, I do take into account the large time gap as well as the personal issues the author dealt with.

So...anyway. The story takes off roughly where the last one ended then goes to flashbacks of Kara
Latoya Solomon
Jun 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
************Spoiler Alert*************

I thought the book was great. I have been waiting on the Kari/Death story for a loooooong time now. And I finally glad that both Kyra and Kara/Kari have finally found out about each other. It been a long time coming. I gave it 4 stars because the series has taken way too long to finish, and currently we still have 3 more books to go.
Tina Williams-cox
Very Disappointed

I normally love Ms. Blacks books. However this book is a severe letdown. The last book in the Trek Mi Q'an series was in 2007 and what do we get for our patients and loyalty? This very different and unrelatable story. I want to say more but it would be spoilers. If you have read this series and loved the previous books you will know what I am talking about.
Jazzysmum
Jan 21, 2018 rated it it was ok
I'm rereading this series from No 1 on. This one is a disappointment all round, very little in the way of plot movment forward, some clashing of established plot/ storylines - we are told in Enslavement ( Kil and Marty / Mari - that Kara was called Kari due to language pronounciations ( as with Marti/Mari) but here its to do with the birth of Kyra' and Zor's daughter Kara who shares her aunt's name. The Death / Kari story seemed to not fit either with some plot holes.

It's been a long time betwee
Latasha Grooms
Dec 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good book

Kara/Kari and Death finally get a full length story (although not finished!!😒) while she is giving her backstory to Dari!! It's good to get more info on them and to know that she is a High Mystic in all but name (esp w/ the hour wide blackout!! Lol) and skilled in the warring arts, cuz they're gonna need it. It has finally come out that Death is her Maternal and Kyra is her sister(woohoo!) so Zor is no longer they to see her sent to the gulch pits. Now on to the planet of Kohn-gor and f
ValerieC
I can't find the next two books so have no idea what happened! Very upset by this.
Simone van Heerden
Oct 17, 2018 rated it liked it
I wish the author would just write a book that continues to tell the different stories together. Because it's such a complicated world you become disjointed from other characters who are central.
Colleen
Second read by this author and unfortunately, I have no interest in reading more.

Cheers
Nov 17, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• The Wedding
  • The Girl Across the Hall
  • Undaunted (No Rival, #2)
  • Pursued by the Viscount (Regency Unlaced, #4)
  • Mating the Huntress
  • Holiday Hell
  • Thorn's Bondmate (Zarronian Warriors, #2)
  • His Forbidden Bride: 50 Loving States, West Virginia
  • Christmas Wishes, Valentine Kisses
  • The Soldier's Baby Bargain (Home To Harbor Town, #5)
  • Exodus (Atlantean's Quest, #2)
  • Best Friends with Benefits (Most Likely To, #1)
  • The Chalice (Deg’Nara, #1)
  • BABY DADDY
  • Captured by the Bodyguard
  • Marrying his Brother: A Fake Fiance Romance
  • Triad In The Stars (Celestial Mates)
  • Lords of the Sea (Children of Andromeda, #1)
Jaid Black is the pseudonym of Tina M. Engler, the founder & owner of Ellora's Cave Publishing. Ms. Engler has been featured in every available news outlet, from the Washington Post and L.A. Times to Forbes, Publisher's Weekly, national TV news stations, and the Montel Show. Ms. Engler was officially recognized by Romantic Times Magazine with their first ever Trail Blazer award as the mastermi ...more

Trek Mi Q'an (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • The Empress' New Clothes (Trek Mi Q'an, #1)
  • Seized (Trek Mi Q'an, #1.5)
  • No Mercy (Trek Mi Q'an, #2)
  • Enslaved (Trek Mi Q'an, #3)
  • No Escape (Trek Mi Q'an, #4)
  • Strictly Taboo (Trek Mi Q'an, #4.5)
  • No Fear (Trek Mi Q'an, #5)
  • Dementia (Trek Mi Q'an, #5.5)
  • Devilish Dot (Trek Mi Q'an, #6)
  • Never A Slave (Trek Mi Q'an, #7)