Start by marking “Henry and Mudge and the Snowman Plan: The Nineteenth Book of Their Adventures” as Want to Read:
Henry and Mudge and the Snowman Plan: The Nineteenth Book of Their Adventures

Henry and Mudge and the Snowman Plan: The Nineteenth Book of Their Adventures (Henry and Mudge #19)

4.04  ·  Rating details ·  440 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
One snowy day, Henry and Henry's big dog Mudge see a sign.
It says SNOWMAN CONTEST.
"Wow!" says Henry, and Mudge wags his tail. Then they run home to tell Henry's father.
Can Henry, his father, and his big dog Mudge come up with the best snowman plan and win the contest?
Published October 1st 1999 by Simon Spotlight

To ask other readers questions about Henry and Mudge and the Snowman Plan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Henry and Mudge and the Snowman Plan

Alex
Oct 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book because I like winter. I also enjoyed this book because I like contests. I also enjoyed this book because I liked the part when Henry, Mudge, and Henry's dad got third place in the snowman contest (they made a snowman of Henry's dad painting a chair).
Kristina Befort
Personal Reaction:I thought this was an excellent book, and I could immediately tell it was a transitional book. The story has plenty of sentences, but they are relatively short with small amounts of dialogue. I also really liked the illustrations, as they were very vivid and definitely helped to tell the story. I definitely enjoyed this book, so I think this is one that a first, second, or third grader would love, so I would keep this book on my classroom shelf.

Use in the Classroom:
Curricular
Chantelle
My son and I both thoroughly enjoyed every book in this series and were excited to find out what would happen as we started each one. Because my son was between 5-6 years old (he's an advanced reader) at the time, he easily identified with Henry and loved Mudge because (1) he desperately wanted a dog, and (2) Mudge's goofiness was endearing AND hilarious.

Read Aloud: Pre-K and Kindergarten
Introduces plot, character development, foreshadowing, and use of imagery.

Independent Reading: First or Seco
McKenna Crimmins
This book was a very fun and entertaining book. The vocabulary wasn't crazy, yet it was just enough to make things funny. The illustrations made it easier to really understand what the whole story was about. They were fun and animated which makes them really interesting to look at, and there was a lot to look at too. This story is easy to relate to and I am sure it is the same way for many people. Building snowmen and having a contest on which one was the best, is something most, if not all chil ...more
Rosa Cline
Nov 25, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've 'tagged' this book as a 'Father's Day" book although it takes place in Jan and in the middle of tons of snow. It's a special time that Henry spends with his Dad having fun together.

Henry and Mudge want to enter a snowman building contest. And with the encouragement of Henry's dad they do enter with a very unique snowman.
Martha
May 20, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love Henry and Mudge books. I think they all remind me a little bit of Denace the Menace. But i do like the way Rylant writes a special relationship between a boy and his dog. Little boys always take adventures with their dogs and this series makes that come to life for the reader. Great easy-readers for boys!
Dolly
Dec 21, 2009 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: beginning readers and parents reading with them
Shelves: 2009, childrens, pets
Another fun book in the "Henry and Mudge" series by Cynthia Rylant and Suçie Stevenson. Our girls really love these books and they are great for beginning readers. The snow theme for this book is fun, especially for those of us who live where there is no snow.
Heidi
Jan 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children, read-2017
Henry and Mudge are back for a delightful winter story. Readers learn the names of several breeds of dogs when Mudge seeks out friends in the park. A nice story of father and son and dog spending quality time together.
Natasha Friegang
Jan 17, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My Kindergarten class gave this book two thumbs up! (They loved the idea of reading a chapter book.)
Megan
Sep 09, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: easy-readers, natalie
Oh how we wished there was snow here tonight...
Edward Creter
Henry and Mudge the big dog and Henry's dad are off to a snowman making contest for fun and fellowship with the other pooches. A fun book.
Johannes Kristian
MCL. I thought the book was crazy because I just like it.
Bree
Notes:
My son liked a handful of these books when he had just learned to read, but they weren't favorites like frog and toad or mr. putter books
Jessie
Jul 16, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Henry and Mudge make a snowman.
Jaeger Matthias
Apr 07, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011, first-100
henrys father was in the basement painting a chair he had green paint on his nose and in his mustache.
Wendy
Dec 09, 2011
  • Splat the Cat: Splat the Cat Sings Flat
  • Penny and Her Doll
  • The Cat in the Hat the Movie!: Cooking with the Cat
  • Patch (Breyer Stablemates)
  • P. J. Funnybunny Camps Out
  • Amelia Bedelia and the Cat
  • School Days (Cowgirl Kate and Cocoa #3)
  • The Berenstain Bears And The Baby Chipmunk
  • Froggy Goes to Camp
  • The Snow Day from the Black Lagoon
  • Bathtime for Biscuit
  • Benny and Penny in the Toy Breaker: TOON Level 2
  • Aunt Eater Loves a Mystery
  • Frogs!
  • Fly Guy Meets Fly Girl (Fly Guy, #8)
  • The Great Ball Game: A Muskogee Story
  • Let's Say Hi to Friends Who Fly!
  • Nate the Great Saves the King of Sweden
An author of fiction, nonfiction, and poetry for children and young adults as well as an author and author/illustrator of picture books for children, Cynthia Rylant is recognized as a gifted writer who has contributed memorably to several genres of juvenile literature. A prolific author who often bases her works on her own background, especially on her childhood in the West Virginia mountains, she ...more
More about Cynthia Rylant

Henry and Mudge (1 - 10 of 28 books)
  • Henry and Mudge - The First Book (Henry and Mudge, #1)
  • Henry and Mudge in Puddle Trouble (Henry and Mudge, #2)
  • Henry and Mudge in the Green Time (Henry and Mudge, #3)
  • Henry and Mudge Under the Yellow Moon (Henry and Mudge, #4)
  • Henry and Mudge in the Sparkle Days (Henry and Mudge, #5)
  • Henry and Mudge and the Forever Sea (Henry and Mudge, #6)
  • Henry and Mudge Get the Cold Shivers (Henry and Mudge, #7)
  • Henry and Mudge and the Happy Cat (Henry and Mudge, #8)
  • Henry and Mudge and the Bedtime Thumps (Henry and Mudge, #9)
  • Henry and Mudge Take the Big Test (Henry and Mudge, #10)