Start by marking “I Am Girl Power (The Health and Happiness Society, #2)” as Want to Read:
I Am Girl Power (The Health and Happiness Society, #2)

I Am Girl Power

(The Health and Happiness Society #2)

Cardiac nurse Megan Bailey has it all. Until she doesn't.

Thanks to a string of horrible relationships, an unexpected turn in her career, and mounting credit card bills, Megan Bailey escapes to Adventura Summer Camp to work as camp chef.

Instead of a relaxing summer in the trees, she faces a persnickety oven and squirrels in the kitchen. With the help of her twin brothers an
Paperback
Published 2016 by THHS Publishing

To ask other readers questions about I Am Girl Power, please sign up.
Katie Cross Megan definitely demanded that her story be told!

Megan definitely demanded that her story be told!

I struggled a lot with dating in the past, and I know it will always be an issue that women struggle with today. I wanted to address some of those more vulnerable points, especially when family is falling apart, and it feels like your life is too!

I'm so happy you enjoyed it! :) <3 (less)

Start your review of I Am Girl Power (The Health and Happiness Society, #2)
Katherine Hayward Pérez
This was the first book I'd read by Katie Cross. The cover and title caught my attention just as much as the synopsis. Very vivid characters and a great story of trying to start again after disappointments and challenges causing changes in life. I thought the first person point of view was definitely the best the author could have chosen, as the plot really lent itself to this POV. I felt immersed in the story from beginning to end.
Thanks very much to Katie Cross and her publisher for the chanc
Mei
Apr 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I read the first Health and Happiness Society book. So it was quite exciting to see the next one. They are all standalone books, but they other characters from other books do make a small appearance. This is quite exciting because I love the focus of the book is more about health and happiness, then a little romance. Romance is not the primary focus. If you are looking for romance, then you might have to find another book. I do love reading romance but despite the little romance, I still thoroug ...more
Kirstin Pulioff
One of the powerful things about Ms. Cross as an author is that she takes the reality of life and puts it into a compelling story full of rich characters, new settings, and powerful personal growth. There's something special about "I am Girl Power." It's empowering without being annoying, it's sweet without being cloying, it hits all the right notes without feeling predictable. Bottom line: it's a must read.
T
Jun 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Fun summer read with memorable characters. Also loved the moral of the story, and it's relatable to every woman looking for power within herself.
Carmen
Oct 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this one more than Book 1. Meg battles what ever woman battles at some point in their life: finding your purpose, coping with family drama, finding connections.
SANDYE
This book has a little bit of everything. Megan agrees to help her twin siblings run the summer camp they've started, without pay. Meanwhile, she's been laid off from her nursing job, debt looming over her, hoping for a coveted flight nurse position to open up somewhere, and facing unknown life challenges along the way. As she navigates her new life summer camp lifestyle, it comes to light that her parents are having marital issues which rocks her world to its very core. As she attempts to not d ...more
Lorraine Joubert
Nov 13, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: loved
In Bon-Bons to Yoga pants, Megan was a strong, self-contained woman. Though it is later revealed that, like all of us, she has her own insecurities, I find myself in this book quite disappointed in her.

In this book, it seems she doesn't know the things she was preaching and living in the previous book. At least she wasn't all over Justin! I loved the way she allowed herself to build a relationship with him, without becoming a love-sick puppy.
As she is also friends with at least 2 people, who mak
Kelsey Keating
Jun 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Megan is one of those characters that, to the people around her, seems like she has it all together. Nothing can phase her. She is girl power, hear her roar.
But the best part of Megan's story is that you get to know the girl behind the weight lifting, behind the professional nurse, and behind the smirk of confidence. Megan is real. She's vulnerable and facing the worst time in her life.
Honestly, this book was a bit of a trigger for me because I could relate to soooo many of the things Megan goes
Melena Torretta
Aug 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, netgalley-arcs
Even though she appeared in Bon Bons to Yoga Pants there was so much to Megan that we don't learn until this book.

I liked how she supported and encouraged Lexie, and am glad to see she is the protagonist in I Am Girl Power.

Katie Cross again does a fantastic job of writing an interesting story of growing up and learning about what's important in life. I liked that a good amount of the book takes place at Camp Adventura. While it does mean the other Health and Happiness Society members don't appea
Tara
Jun 16, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Simplistic

When I started this series, bon bons to Yoga pants, I expected it to delve more into the health and happiness aspects of losing weight and taking control of your health and happiness. Both books tend to sideline the health part, focus on the junk food that we love, and worry about finding a relationship to make them happy. I was hoping for something more introspective and independent from men with this series. It is a quick read and fun, but doesn't really focus on the health and happ
Chrissy Woj
Apr 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
I loved I Am Girl Power! Megan's story is super empowering and interesting. I love following her adventures in camp and getting to know her family. The story feels so natural and real and RELATABLE. This story was about her self-love journey and how she realizes the next steps on her journey, even if they aren't what she originally expected. I love the little sparks of growing friendships and relationships that I can't wait to find out more about in future books. Every story I've read in this se ...more
Chelsea
Nov 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Okay, I really, really loved this one. I loved Meghan from the first book, and I really loved having her character fleshed out. I also really dug the whole career woman thing, and how Meghan could do it all herself… basically. Love bad-A heroines. Another big bonus was catching up with the characters from the first book, and OMG yay for Lex! The one thing I didn’t like was that there was a WHOLE lot of suspense around the Meghan/Justin dynamic but nothing really came of it. I hope Meghan has a s ...more
Victoria
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was ok
The story is rather predictable. Megan gets herself in debt and after getting laid off and missing out on a her dream job, things look bleak. Her brothers ask her to help them out for the summer at the camp they run. Megan thinks getting away for the summer and spending it with family will be just what the doctor ordered. But life is never that easy. With her family having it's own issues, finding out her summer camp job is cooking and the kitchen has a resident squirrel challenges arise at ever ...more
Kelsey Langenfeld
Jul 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What's not to like about this? I absolutely love Megan and her journey of self-discovery after she loses sight of herself. She is strong, wonderful, relatable, and GIRL POWER. *Disclaimer* I was drooling over the food nearly the whole time I was reading this. Yum! I love all the recipes that are mentioned. Another great book by Katie Cross and I can't wait to read what's next in store for the Health and Happiness society.
Sheryl
Jul 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Nati
Apr 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Megan’s dreams are falling apart, his boyfriend Nathan is moving to New York and he broke with her, she just lost her work as a nurse and their parents are having a marriage crisis. So when her twin brothers Mark and JJ ask her to help them with Adventura, their summer camp as a chef, she say yes. She is going to face challenges, hard decisions and she will find happiness. The audiobook is awesome.
Kimberly Gordon-Bercich
Discovering Yourself

Meg has been treading water barely able to keep her head above water and too busy treading to see how deep she has gotten. Then she is forced to face her reality when she faces yet another relationship failure and job loss. Her brothers offer an outlet to volunteer for a summer at his camp. During her trip home, she must face her own problems and her parents dissolution of their marriage. Meh discovers adulting sucks!
Emily Hill
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Quick easy fun read

This story was so enlightening. It was a quick read. Katie has a way of writing that draws you in very quickly and captures your attention immediately. The things that Megan deals with in this book I could relate to in some way or another. For a quick read this is your book. Love this book.
Avid Reader
Jul 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great read by Katie Cross

I read #1 then #3 and back tracked to read this 2nd book in the series. It still read just fine out of order, so don’t miss a single book! I really liked Meg. Her brothers are laugh out loud funny and the sibling dynamic is great and real. KC paints the picture, whether it’s scenery or family. It’s like you’re watching a movie.
Mary(Beth)
Jul 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
I liked this book very much! I like meeting new characters and visiting with old friends from previous books. In “I am Girl Power” Lexie, Rachelle, Bitsy are support characters and Megan’s family are the latest additions. That’s what make a series come together! Now on to book 3 in the Health and Happiness Society.
Marie Allcock
May 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another amazing book by Katie Cross. Love, love, love it - seemed to be a few similarities with the heroine and the author lol
Next one please!
Cindy Steel
Jun 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Cute! Great characters and fun storyline.
Leani Gouws
Jan 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fun, easy summer read.
I read this because of the summary and title and it enticed me to read Bon Bons to Yoga pants.
Enjoyed the first person and the female protagonist.
Reshma
Mar 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
I read Girl Power by Katie Cross. The story revolves around the character Megan. In Girl Power, Megan faces a slew of trials and tribulations that has left her life goals hanging by a thread. Megan is trying to gather her life before it all unravels while trying to solve other people’s issues.

I enjoyed reading Girl Power. Megan was introduced in Bon Bons to Yoga Pants and I was under the impression that Megan has her stuff together. Yeah! Awesome! Nope. She is like the rest of us at one point o
Carlise
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book as well.
Tracey Cann
May 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it

Cost and a good read. Really draws you in to their world. I love the cross over with the other characters, so you can still keep up with their story too
Lori Reade
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really liked the book. It was upbeat
but explored some hard subjects. Which shows the relationships between families and how complicated they can be.
Lavyne
Sep 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another great piece of the puzzle with these interesting characters! I love how authentic and real the characters and their challenges are!
Kelly Bullock
Sep 16, 2020 rated it liked it
The first book was actually better than the 2nd book. Listened on audible.
Bri
Sep 26, 2020 rated it liked it
I love the author's ability to write about everyday circumstances, but the main character is so annoying and financially irresponsible!

• Chasing Painted Horses
  • Christmas Presence (Haunted Everly After #3)
  • Impersonation
  • The Accidental Witch (The Accidental Witch #1)
  • Saving Faith (New England Inspirations #4)
  • Make Social and Emotional Learning Stick!: Practical Activities to Help Your Child Manage Emotions, Navigate Social Situations & Reduce Anxiety
  • The Lending Library
  • IDo.com (ClickandWed.com #2)
  • Long Lost Magic (Thorne Witches, #6)
  • Loathe at First Sight
  • The Disturbed Girl's Dictionary
  • Black Cat (Gemini, #2)
  • Other People's Pets
  • Beside Herself
  • The What If Guy (The Guys Who Got Away, #2)
  • Ruthless as Hell (The Demon Academy #2)
  • Imperfect Women
  • The Ghost is Clear (Ghost Detective #3)
My world revolves around my husband (who is a major hottie), my precious kids, my Vizsla’s who act like children, and the mountains.

I wear hiking boots instead of heels when I need to feel powerful, and on a bad day, I love a weightlifting workout. Actually, I love it on a good day.

I don’t eat bread because my thyroid doesn’t like it, although there are days I miss it. Especially ciabatta. Sweet p

The Health and Happiness Society (5 books)
  • Bon Bons to Yoga Pants (The Health and Happiness Society, #1)
  • You'll Never Know
  • Hear Me Roar (Health and Happiness Society #4)
  • What Was Lost (Health and Happiness Society #5)