Start by marking “Waiting For an Earl Like You (Masters of Seduction, #3)” as Want to Read:
Waiting For an Earl Like You (Masters of Seduction, #3)

Waiting For an Earl Like You (Masters of Seduction #3)

3.75  ·  Rating details ·  348 Ratings  ·  145 Reviews
LOVE ISN’T ALWAYS WHAT IT SEEMS.
Justin Reeve Netherwood, Earl of Kempthorn—a.k.a. Thorn—has never cared much for his neighbor’s daughter. But his twin brother, Gideon, befriended the wild, reckless, and wholly inappropriate Miss Olivia Lydall in youth, and two have been close ever since. So when Olivia finds herself in a state of romantic conflict and seeks out Gideon for
Mass Market Paperback, 352 pages
Published January 3rd 2017 by St. Martin's Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Waiting For an Earl Like You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Waiting For an Earl Like You

Stacey is Sassy
description

I think this is the first book I’ve wished I didn’t have the hero's POV.

***3.5 Stars***

I’ll start off by saying that I liked Waiting For an Earl Like You. Yes, there were parts that drove me bonkers and had me rolling my eyes but there were more times than not that I enjoyed the journey.

I’d have to say that my biggest complaint was getting to see the working mind of the hero. We get a glimpse of the hero and other titled gentleman acting like scoundrels and recounts of some of their previous mis
WhiskeyintheJar/Kyraryker

Thorn's twin Gideon has finally come home after abruptly taking off on his own. Finding Gideon and their neighbor Olivia back together as if they never lost a step, annoys Thorn in a way he doesn't fully want to think about.
Olivia has always had a good friendship with Gideon but his twin and the heir Thorn, always seems to find something at fault with her.
When
Esther
Dec 12, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, netgalley
ARC provided by NetGally for honest review.

2.5

Olivia has been friends with Gideon and Thorn, who are identical twins, since she was a little tagging along after them wherever they went. Well to be fair she was more Gideon's friend then Thorn's. Thorn was to high and might, he barley tolerated Olivia at times when she was around.

Oliva is all grown up now and needs to marry as her widowed father has found someone and plans to marry. Her fathers possible intended is not a very warm or loving indiv
XxTainaxX
Dec 30, 2016 rated it liked it
Reviewing soon
Juliana Philippa
Bottom Line. Don't waste your time. First book by this author, and I was far from blown away; kept wanting to put it down, but received it as an ARC so felt like I should try and finish it.

My Thoughts. I wanted to try and provide a summary, but frankly that’s really difficult, because sometimes I had no idea what the hell was going on (to be blunt, lol). I don’t know if any of you watch Top Chef (I’m addicted), but there’s this one Quickfire Challenge they do where they split into groups, each p
Sheila Melo
Jan 03, 2017 rated it it was ok
FINAL DECISION:  This book was fine, but I never felt compelled to find out what happened.  The story moved too slowly to build up interest and the premise of twin switching without the heroine knowing the difference seemed too unlikely unless the men dressed identically all the time.

THE STORY: Justin Reeve Netherwood, Earl of Kempthorn nicknamed Thorn has a twin brother Gideon.  The two have been at odds for years. Now that Gideon has returned from his travels, a woman from their childhood has
Linda
" Waiting for an Earl Like You", is what our heroine Olivia Lydall has been doing, well maybe not the Earl in particular. Olivia has been waiting eight years for her freinds the Netherwood twins to return home to Malaster Park. Olivia would spend her days running around Malaster park with them, mostly Gideon the two of them thick as thieves , but his brother Justin ( Thorn ) his nickname being the Earl of Kempthorn, and first born heir has always treated her with an aloofness which has grown ove ...more
Tracy Emro
Dec 10, 2016 rated it liked it
*I am voluntarily reviewing an eARC given to me by NetGalley and the publisher*

I will be honest - I knew at 15% this book was not going to be a keeper for me. I dislike reading about a "hero's" previous sexscapades and I didn't really care for the hero kissing another woman (or in this case being kissed by another woman - but not wanting to hurt her, doesn't push her away - I guess that's his story and he is sticking to it).

I am not even going to get into the plot - while the writing is
Jessica Grogan
Dec 08, 2016 rated it liked it
More like 3.5 stars. I enjoyed this title. It was a lot of fun and flowed very well.

Miss Olivia Lydall and her neighbor, Justin Reeve Netherwood, Earl of Kempthorn, known as Thorn, have never much liked each other. Thorn has always considered Olivia a nuisance that trailed after he and his twin brother, Gideon. Olivia has always found Thorn to be too serious for his own good and instead befriended Gideon.

Deciding Olivia is too smitten with his brother, Thorn pretends to be Gideon in an effor
AnnMarie
Jan 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Waiting For an Earl Like You is the third book in the Masters of Seduction series by Alexandra Hawkins. I haven't read the previous books so can happily report that this can easily be read as a stand alone novel.

This is the story of Thorn, his proper title being Justin Reeve Netherwood, Earl of Kempthorn. He has a twin brother, Gideon who for the most part he gets on famously with. That can't be said when it comes to a certain female.

Miss Olivia Lydall is the female in question. She and the boys
Donna
Dec 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Justin Netherwood, Earl of Kempthorn, better known as Thorn, has some grievances with his identical twin Gideon who has returned to England from his travels. He has never been sure of why Gideon left England. They are both attending a party at their parents’ country estate along with friends and family.

Olivia Lydall is also attending the party. She lives on the neighboring estate and has been friends with Gideon since childhood. Even as a child, Thorn, as the heir, was more reserved and somewha
Erin Kelly
Jan 03, 2017 rated it liked it
This was my first book in this series, and I think that perhaps I should have started with the others.

The Story-
The premise of false twin identities is really cute. These brothers, Gideon and Thorne, have known Olivia since childhood, but she has always been closer to Gideon. When the guys swap places around her, all are surprised by the results.

My Thoughts-
As much as I really wanted to enjoy this... you know I love historical, I was bogged down and confused by secondary characters and storylin
Samurdhi
Dec 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Received this book from NetGalley for an honest review.

I love historical romances and I read a lot of them. As a result I get bored if the book is repeating the same kind of plot as some other book I've read but, this book, oh my god, it kept me on my toes trying to anticipate the next move of the characters.
I was in love with the characters and the story, the deviations were well thoughtout and necessary to the development of the plot.
A mandatory read for all fans of Historical Romances and J
Annie Deo
Jan 04, 2017 rated it did not like it
I adore the regency romance subgenre - it has a lot of my favorite tropes: the marriage of convenience, the abundance of roguish rakes thrown together with the oft-overlooked spinster/wallflower/bluestocking, the self-made American upstart seeking a prim & proper heiress, etc. etc. But my goodness, it can be rife with some really unpleasant sexist, misogynistic messages and unfortunately that's what prevented me from enjoying this particular story.

The synopsis is misleading, for starters - i
Inshirah Kamal
Nov 05, 2017 rated it liked it
Men, some to business, some to pleasure take;
But every woman is at heart a rake
—Alexander Pope
Fangirl Musings
Sep 23, 2017 rated it did not like it
Pages Survived: 158

Reason Dropped: Lack of respect for hero, lack of compelling OTP dynamic, and discombobulated plot.
Thecraftybookharlot
Dec 13, 2016 rated it liked it
I was given a copy of this book by the publisher for a fair and honest review.

So basically the book is about a girl and her twin neighbors. Olivia is the daughter of a Baron and Thorn is an Earl while is Brother Gideon is the second son. Thorn gets it in his head that Olivia is in love with Gideon and decides to put a stop to it by playing what the twins consider "their favorite game." which at first I liked the idea of the twins switching places or at least Thorn pretending to be Gideon. Becaus
Shrimalya
Jan 14, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: historical, romance
I really liked this book, but to be honest certain parts were really mixed up.I enjoyed the writing but at many points the characters would do something really uncharacteristic, almost as if they couldn't decide on who they were.Looking at the blurb I had thought the story would be going in a certain way, when it wasn't. Quite misleading!

Thorn and his twin Gideon have always looked very alike, and have used it to their advantage by switching places at many times.But, one thing they don't have in
(Nat) Reading Romances

Waiting For an Earl Like You could easily be an old school historical romance, it was highly retrograde for its time.

This was the first book I’ve read by Alexandra Hawkins. I didn’t read the previous two books in the series. I became lost at times because of all the characters (clearly from the previous books). It was complicated to figure out who was who and it brought me out of the story.

I have no idea what happened here, the synopsis had nothing to do with what actually happened in the bo
Annette
Dec 07, 2016 rated it liked it
The Earl of Kempthorn (Thorn) and Gideon, his identical twin have grown up as neighbors of Olivia. She was a tag-along when they were children. Gideon and she were friends, Thorn just tolerated her and at times not even that.

Now they are grown. Olivia is looking for a husband, because her widowed father has found a bride-to-be. Thorn is not in the market for a wife. Gideon has returned after being gone from London for a long time and he has become very wealthy.

After Thorn has compromised her, h
Sissy Lu {Book Savvy Reviews}
This book was alright for me, I've been binge reading a lot of Regency Romance novels lately [blame it on the winter,] and this one was just "Alright."

Now, admittedly I've never read the prior books so all of the characters that were tossed into this book meant little to me and on top of it just served to confuse me, I could gather the hint that what transpired with these characters had something to do with prior tales. The end result for me was just confusion and frustration, because I wanted t
Barbara
Dec 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Olivia has known the Netherwood twins since she was a young girl. Although its nearly impossible to tell them apart physically, their over all personalities are seemingly opposite. Where Olivia finds Gideon to be charming and kind, she sees his slightly older brother Justin--the Earl of Kempthorn (a.k.a Thorn)--as a stick in the mud. Not to mention, she can deal without his chastising ways.

Already, I loved Thorn. What can I say? I love the brooding types.

Now, Olivia's long time attachment to Gid
Margaret Sholders
Jan 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the first time I have read a book of Alexandra's. She does lots of description throughout the story. It was hard to read in certain places. She does a lot with the story line and characters. This is a Love/Hate book. It makes it harder with Thorn and Gideon, the identical twin brothers! I took longer to read this book than others I have. I felt sorry for Olivia who lived in the country beside the brothers. They are beside each other in London. There are twists with Olivia's father. Spoil ...more
Apr 18, 2017 rated it liked it
I enjoyed parts of this book. The main character Olivia, I felt was very charming and lovable. While she was naive, I felt that is the normal for these historical romances. But in that era young ladies led very sheltered lives than today.
I did not care for Thorn. I felt that his character and those of his friends were very immature. It is hard to fall in love with a hero when he acts like a teenager.
I also found it very hard to believe that she couldn't tell the twins apart. She was best frien
Vânia Nunes
Jan 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Thorn and Gideon were identical twins. Even adults, people around still had a hard time figuring out who was who, including their mother.
However, for a more observant person it would be easy to identify one from the other.
Thorn, the heir, Earl of Kempthorn, was more serious, didn't indulge in pleasures so easily and seemed to harbor a dislike of his childhood neighbor, Olivia.
Gideon, the second son, who had spent several years away from home in search of his own fortune, was more expansive, play
JoRead
Although I enjoy this author’s writing and there were some pretty good and laugh-out moments in this book it was also a bit confusing and muddled.

(view spoiler)
Erica Chilson
I received a copy of this title to read and review for Wicked Reads

3 Stars.

With an intriguing premise, I was eager to read Waiting for an Earl Like You. Sadly, I had difficulty getting into the novel, putting it down several times, and having it take weeks to complete. This is simply a book and a reader not being a good fit situation.

Thorn and Gideon are identical twins. As a neighbor, Olivia is several years younger than they are, but was the twins' shadow when they were growing up, with her
Courtney
I found this book through netgalley. I love historical romance and the cover caught my eye. I haven't read the earlier books in the series, or anything else by the author, but I enjoy other books and authors from the publisher (St Martin's Press) and thought I'd give this one a whirl. I received a free copy in exchange for an honest review.

And, as the two star review indicates, it was ok. While the writing had humor and the book had a fast pace and lots of action, there was nothing new here. Th
Cathy Geha
Jan 10, 2017 rated it liked it
Waiting For an Earl Like You by Alexandra Hawkins
Masters of Seduction #3

Olivia Lydall grew up next door to the twins Gideon and Justin Netherwood. Justin, the Earl of Thornwood, and his brother have not seen one another for several years because Gideon left to make his mark on the world and perhaps acquire a fortune, too.

At first it seemed that the brothers might be vying for Olivia’s attention or even might consider sharing her BUT that is not at all what happened. Both brothers care for Olivi
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Jun 30, 2016 12:22PM
Alexandra Hawkins is an unrepentant Anglophile who discovered romance novels as a teenager and knew that one day she would be writing her own. In "The Lords of Vice" series, she has combined her love of English history, mythology, and romance to create sensual character-driven stories that, she hopes, will touch readers' hearts.

You can also find me at:

www.facebook.com/author.alexandra.haw...
Fan pa
More about Alexandra Hawkins

Masters of Seduction (3 books)
  • A Duke but No Gentleman (Masters of Seduction, #1)
  • You Can't Always Get the Marquess You Want (Masters of Seduction, #2)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $1.99
“Olivia Lydall was too innocent, too emotional to understand his world. The realization that he was drawn to her was humiliating. It revealed a weakness within him and he resented her for it.” 0 likes
“Thorn braced one of his hands near the side of her head. "You are exceptionally lovely," he murmured. His dark green eyes examined her face, and he was pleased with what he saw. "I do not know why I did not see it right away."

"Oh," she huffed. Only the earl could compliment and insult her in one breath.”
0 likes