Start by marking “The Fate of Ten” as Want to Read:
The Fate of Ten

The Fate of Ten

(Lorien Legacies #6)

4.32  ·  Rating details ·  25,801 ratings  ·  2,222 reviews
The sixth and penultimate book of the #1 New York Times bestselling I Am Number Four series!

For years the Garde have fought the Mogadorians in secret, but now the invasion has begun. John is on the front lines in New York City. The odds are against him, but his best friend, Sam, has just inexplicably developed a Legacy—and he isn’t the only one. As the pair tracks down Fiv
Published June 28th 2016 by HarperCollins (first published September 1st 2015)

To ask other readers questions about The Fate of Ten, please sign up.
★ gwiz ★ This is a seven book series and Fate of Ten is the sixth book. So there will be another book after this one. Schedule for release in Aug 2016. Seven…moreThis is a seven book series and Fate of Ten is the sixth book. So there will be another book after this one. Schedule for release in Aug 2016. Seven book at this time is untitled.(less)

·  25,801 ratings  ·  2,222 reviews

Aj the Ravenous Reader
You can visualize the plot structure based on my reactions:

Woah!***Gasps!***Woah!***Gasps!***Okay***That’s pretty cool ***Woah!***Gasps!***Woah*** Okay***What the heck?!***Dude, no!*** What’s that crazy crap?!***Dang!***No, you didn’t!***Ho yeah!***Wooooooot ***Wait, what?***No, no, no!***Huh?***Okay, I’ m okay.***I'm good.***
Just breathe, breathe!***No, no, not again!***Please, stop***Just, don't***NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Crazy, right?

Whenever I read books in this series, I tune up my mind int
Mirou
Buddy-reading with @Liz.

It was definitely the MOST EPIC book of the series combining CRAZY ACTION scenes that explode out of nowhere and TWISTS and TURNS, which puts the characters in danger over and over and it's so intense you have to continue reading just to know if they will survive.

Too bad Nine appears only at the middle of the book.
And you know what ? I'm starting to think Pittacus Lore hates happy couples and don't want any at the end of the series.

First, Eight, then this character
P
Nov 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

This book fucked my mind completely. I have nothing to say, I'm just - please let me die alone. It's too much, still too much even though I have tried to compose my thought and write this review, I can't stop my hands from shaking. What happens in
Ricky
Having just found this book's entry on GR - already? Holy Lord, I'm amazed! - this is how I feel:

I'm still hunting for the time machine on this one. Final book? That's what I thought, especially since Revenge of Seven finally began the long-dreaded Mog Invasion Apocalypse.

Oh wait, you didn't read The Revenge of Seven? If not, then get a copy immediately and join me in eagerly awaiting this next example of supreme excrementum sanctum-raisage.

Buckle up, mis amigos y amigas.

Yes, I'm gonna rate this
★MC's Corner★
Penny Raspenny
Another one? The fifth book was supposed to be the last one. I can't take this anymore...
Danny
Aug 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just finished this book and I think my heart is broken....

This one definitely felt like a built up for the next book but was actually really enjoyable and we definitely learn a lot about the past in this one.

Also the ending killed me and I need the next book now :(
sandeep
Jan 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi
4/5 Stars

NO I’M NOT OKAY WITH THAT ENDING. WHY?!

description

These books always have major cliffhangers but this one was just wrong, my heart can’t take this kind of emotional damage anymore....

This book was definitely more enjoyable than 'The Revenge of Seven' but it wasn’t perfect.

Nine only appears around half way through the book which is a shame because he’s honestly the main reason why I read this series.

A change of narration would be nice, it would be interesting to be in the other characters heads
Mrs. O' Leary
Dec 13, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Now I have something to do this summer :P

ALSO, LORE announced that this WILL NOT BE THE FINAL BOOK. The series will be seven books long! This has been confirmed from several sources, including the publisher.
That means more Nine!
Rachel Maniacup
This is one of my favorite dystopian series,and as usual..it is still fantastic! The entire series is beautifully written from the first book(I am Number Four),and definitely 'til the final book of this series(I do hope)!

The ending of this book though is a total cliffhanger and shocked me completely! I just hope,I'm right with my own assumption and conclusion to what will happen next, on the next book.

Thanks to my sister,for knowing what books I love best reading.^^
Chelsea Herondale

NOW
Eric Boot
Jul 23, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
~4.5 stars~

Yeah it was like 1 year after I read The Revenge of Seven that I picked this up. I was actually waiting for the Dutch translation to come out and then I slowly forgot about this book. The Revenge of Seven and the books prior to that one are all-time-favourites of mine (like, super all time because I think this series is in my top 10 best books ever). I had quite some trouble getting into this book, because yeah I'd just forgotten about a lot of things. I didn't have the faintest clue
Donita Luz
"I wonder what will be left of us when this is over, Six. What we will be like"

"If there's anything left of us," I reply. "Big if, at this point"
So The Fate of Ten, 6th book in I am Number Four Series. Seriously, this is one of the few books that no matter how tired I'am at waiting yearly, I still can't get enough of it. I just have to get my hands on the new releases, every freaking year. How can I not? I started this series when I was in college and I never get the chance to move on. Sure, I
Eric Allen
May 03, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Though I am no longer a paid critic and have no professional obligation to finish this turd of a series, I figure I might as well for completion's sake. I must be a masochist at heart. I mean, there's only one book left, and something might actually happen in this one... I hope. I think the series probably already hit rock bottom somewhere during books 3-5, so there's only one way to go now, right? Wait, what? It's not ending on book 6 like we were promised back when the series began? *&%$ * ...more
Suzanne
Jul 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
That was a crazy ending! Had excitement and sadness. Now on to the series finale tomorrow!

This series is exciting with amazingly written characters. I love the plots and the series does not get boring for a seven book series.
Lauren
Feb 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own, 2015
I'm sorry, but what the FUCK was that ending?! Gahhhh!!

Okay first of all, I love that we finally got some back story to everything that happened. Not as much as I would have liked, but enough that I'm happy for the time being.

I love the new characters that were introduced and I think the next book is going to be insanely good. This one felt more filler-y and more of a set up for the final book, which I totally get, but it did also have a lot that happened.

I'm so happy about certain things and
Clara
Sep 03, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
FUCK YOU PHIRI DUN-RA

FUCK YOU SETRAKUS RA

FUCK YOU PITTACUS LORE

FUCK EVERYTHING

DON'T YOU DARE KILL ADAM IN THE NEXT BOOK BECAUSE HE IS AMAZING AND DESERVES BETTER

DON'T YOU DARE KILL ANYONE IN THE NEXT BOOK EXCEPT FOR PHIRI DUN-RA AND SETRAKUS RA IF HE'S NOT ALREADY DEAD

FUCK THIS BOOK
Oct 25, 2014 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
DON'T YOU FUCKING DARE KILL NINE.
DON'T YOU FUCKING DARE

and stop it, it was supossed to end in The Revenge of Seven and now we are going to have two more books? Are you trying to kill me?

Again:

DON'T TOUCH NINE
JUST
DON'T.
Ashley Daviau
Jun 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This has by far been my favourite book out of the series! Not only do you get the insane non stop action from the previous books, but you also get back story on how it all started which I've been dying for since the first book in the series!

It was so interesting to see the relationship between Pittacus and Setrakus and to see how Pittacus' actions inadvertently put the Loric into the mess they're currently in. I also really loved getting to see the beginnings of Setrakus and seeing how he evolv
Mel
I am losing interest in this series unfortunately. I only really continued it because my friend Katie wants me to finish the series, and I am glad I did. I think my issue is that I spaced out the books too much. I really enjoy the content of the series, but the space between me reading the books is making me disconnect. I am, however, able to get back into the story easily.

I found this book a bit slow. This book is clearly setting up the grand finale in book 7 and therefore this was just a slowe
Lia
Jun 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi-dystopic
NOOOO PLEASE NO. THE ENDING :O
Connor
What an emotional ride. I can't believe that's how this book ended still. Holy crap.
Khurram
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was my favourite book of the series so far. Two books in I was not sure I wanted carry on with this series, but I am very glad I did for book is really picked up steam. In this book the invasion is just starting. The battle lines are being drawn, and secrets origins from Lorien are revealed. This book is narrated by John (Number 4), Six, and Ella. Six is her usual tough as nails self, John is settling more and more into the command position. Something that annoyed me about him in book 2 the ...more
Fafa's Book Corner
Jenna Major
Wowza. That was a satisfying ending in my books. I have had my ups and downs with this series but this book hit the in between mark. It wasn’t superb like how I found the second instalment in the series (Power of six) but it also didn’t suck as much as some of the other novels did. At first I thought that The Fate of Ten would deserve a 3/5 stars, but I am now more inclined to say 3.5/5 stars. The second half of the book really drew me in. I enjoyed the book just as I enjoy this series.

Side not
Gia
Apr 19, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When the book got released (and I downloaded it to read), I was like:

description

So I finally read this second last book of a very stupendous series. And, man, it was
O. U. T. S. A. N. D. I. N. G!

Fate of Ten still shows the struggle of Garde along with their human friends, separated from each other in three different groups, against Sétrakus Ra and the Mogs.

Unsurprisingly, Pittacus Lore impressed me yet again with his book. He has a marvelously crafted writing style along with adorable and badass characters.
Neha
Nov 05, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oh you, Mean people of the fandom...oh you Mean author...

I would give this book 4.5, 0.5 out because of a certain scene in the book in the end.

(view spoiler)

This book is one of my favorites in the series. The plot
Kalla [A Bookish Nerd]
August 2015 for this!? Not acceptable. I need to know how this is going to end NOW!
Michael
Jun 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2015
As expected the penultimate installment was as fast paced and exhilarating as I thought it would be. At first I was wishing this was the actual last book, and then I read it and am glad to be getting more. What I'm not glad about though. That last page, it was absolutely 100% unnecessary and only was included to hurt the feelz. I really hope something happens to fix it in the last book!
Abby
Oct 13, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015, sci-fi
2.5 stars. Well this was disappointing. Despite the controversy around this series, I've really enjoyed it and was anticipating this book. The previous one was a bit of a letdown, so I hoped The Fate of Ten would redeem the series...but it didn't. Actually, it had the opposite effect on it - it made the series even worse.

While it was very easy to read and I got through it in basically a day, it still wasn't holding my attention. I just wanted to keep reading to see if it would get more excit
Who do you think will die next? 13 57 Oct 31, 2017 12:12PM
The End! (Spoiler Alert) 17 184 Oct 31, 2017 12:08PM
Around the Year i...: The Fate of Ten, by Pittacus Lore 1 16 Jan 06, 2017 04:37AM
Bolivar Class of ...: Summer Reading 1 9 Aug 14, 2016 02:02PM
YA Buddy Readers'...: The Fate of Ten (Lorien Legacies #6) - Restarting April 5th 2016 34 65 Apr 30, 2016 09:29AM
Lorian Legacies Fans: The Fate of Ten 1 9 Feb 27, 2016 08:19AM

• Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
  • Other Worlds
  • The Shadow's Curse (The Knots Sequence, #2)
  • The Seers (Holders #2)
  • Terminal (Virals, #5)
  • Timestorm (Tempest, #3)
  • Lights Out (Daniel X, #6)
  • The Robber Knight (The Robber Knight Saga #1)
  • Oblivion (Lux, #1.5, 2.5, 3.5)
  • BZRK: Apocalypse (BZRK, #3)
  • Alliance (The Paladin Prophecy, #2)
  • Earth Star (Earth Girl, #2)
  • Immortal Protector (The Immortals, #1)
  • Disney at Last (Kingdom Keepers: The Return #3)
  • The Boy and the Beast (light novel)
  • Swarm (Zeroes, #2)
  • Tabula Rasa (Tabula Rasa, #1)
  • Risked (The Missing, #6)
Pittacus Lore is Lorien’s ruling Elder. He has been on Earth preparing for the war that will decide Earth’s fate. His whereabouts are unknown.

Lorien Legacies (7 books)
  • I Am Number Four (Lorien Legacies, #1)
  • The Power of Six (Lorien Legacies, #2)
  • The Rise of Nine (Lorien Legacies, #3)
  • The Fall of Five (Lorien Legacies, #4)
  • The Revenge of Seven (Lorien Legacies, #5)
  • United as One (Lorien Legacies, #7)
“You have to know, from the moment I saw you outside Paradise High, I knew. I knew we were going to fall in love. And I've never regretted even a second of it. Not even now. I love you with all my heart. I always will. It was... it was all worth it. - Sarah Hart” 19 likes
“Five swoops down, flames extinguished. Instead of going in for another strike, Five catches Nine by the wrist in midair. He lowers him gently to the ground. In response, Nine punches him right in the face. Because of course he does.” 14 likes