Start by marking “5-Minute Pete the Cat Stories” as Want to Read:
5-Minute Pete the Cat Stories

5-Minute Pete the Cat Stories

(Pete the Cat)

Join New York Times bestselling author and artist James Dean’s Pete the Cat on his groovy adventures, from racing with Turtle, swimming with Bob, to fighting a dragon, and so much more! With his cool friends, Pete builds a tasty lunch and a one-of-a kind playground.

Each of these awesome twelve tales is the perfect length to read aloud and includes full-color illustrations
Published January 3rd 2017 by HarperFestival (first published 2017)

To ask other readers questions about 5-Minute Pete the Cat Stories, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 5-Minute Pete the Cat Stories

Brian
Jan 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
There is a business near my house called Pizza Cat. My child was always yelling Pizza Cat to me, about everything. Then we were out shopping one day and he just started yelling Pizza Cat , Dad, Pizza Cat. I looked where he was pointing and it was a book called Pete the Cat.

As a young father, I have never heard of Pete the Cat. Him going to daycare was clearly exposed to it. Suddenly all those random proclamations about Pizza Cat came more into focus if I heard Pete the Cat instead. "What do you
Becky
Feb 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
First sentence: Pete the Cat loves bananas.

Premise/plot: This is a collection of twelve previously published Pete the Cat stories. The stories include Pete the Cat and the Bad Banana, Go Pete Go, Sir Pete the Brave, Rock On Mom and Dad, Pete the Cat's Train Trip, Scuba-Cat, Valentine's Day is Cool, Cavecat Pete, Pete the Cat at the Beach, Pete's Big Lunch, Robo-Pete, and Construction Destruction.

The stories vary in quality. In these stories, readers get to spend more time with Pete, meet his p
Meredith McCaskey
Mar 13, 2019 rated it did not like it
It is hard to express how much I loathe this collection, given to my 3-year-old by one of his great-aunts (I very much appreciate the kind thought, just not the book!) The stories are stupid. The language is infantile. The illustrations are dumb. Seriously, I wrote better stories when I was eight. Why would you read Pete The Cat when you could read your child intelligent books like Beatrix Potter stories?! But... every so often my son asks for Pete the Cat, and I groan and facepalm myself for no ...more
Rosa Cline
Jun 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, kids, 2018, 2019
This is a collection of 12 Pete the Cat stories. Some (in my opinion) are better than others; but still all are good. Some are just for fun; and others have a lesson to learn. With Pete learning a lesson through the story helping the reader-listener learning the lesson along with Pete. You can't go wrong with this collection book.
Pam
Mar 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Read a couple of these to my kinders for storytime. They love Pete the Cat! Nice and short. some have lessons. Some are better than others, but my kids will tell you that there isn't a bad Pete the cat story.
Julie Palmer Teets
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My daughter and I are enjoying this delightful read!
Stephanie  Weatherly
Jan 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book gets picked by one of my boys each night. Love that there are multiple stories in one book.
Roberta
Feb 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great book with a variety of stories about Pete the Cat and his friends. I enjoyed reading this to my child almost nightly.
Amanda
Mar 04, 2017 rated it did not like it
I only read the first story. I forced myself to finish that one story. I couldn't force myself to finish this. **double face palm** I miss the old Pete the Cat, the one written by Eric Litwin....
Hannah Joly
Nov 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great book that fits the students interests and can be told in a series of books each day
Kelly Carey
Feb 17, 2017 rated it it was ok
This is collection of Pete the Cat stories that have previously been released as individual books. These stories lack the rhythm of the originals and the words are very repetitive. In a way, this book and the stories are the modern "See Spot Run" learning to read books. Also, the book is rather large, thick, and has a soft cover.
Bad Penny
Feb 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-books
My toddler LOVES "Pete Cat!" Always a bedtime favorite. And on the potty.
The Book Box
Aug 06, 2017 added it
Shelves: own
Mama and I read every story in this book together! I love Pete the Cat and keep asking to reread my favorites.
Susan
May 09, 2017
Oscar
Aug 03, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 next »

Pete the Cat (1 - 10 of 49 books)
  • Pete the Cat Checks Out the Library