Start by marking “Beauty (Everland Ever After, #3)” as Want to Read:
Beauty (Everland Ever After, #3)

Beauty

(Everland Ever After #3)

A faded matron and a blinded musician... but which is the Beauty and which is the Beast?

Twice-widowed Arabella Mayor has made a place for herself and her son in Everland, selling and lending her beloved books to other bibliophiles in the sweet town. But she's running out of money, and ten-year-old Eddie is giving her fits, and their future is uncertain. Re-marriage might
Published May 31st 2016

To ask other readers questions about Beauty, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beauty

Start your review of Beauty (Everland Ever After, #3)
Tadiana ✩Night Owl☽
This is an Old West style romance, very, VERY loosely based on the Beauty and the Beast fairy tale, with only the slightest touch of fantasy about it (some unseen fairy godmother group pulling a few strings here and there to get the couple together).

Vincenzio is a blind, disfigured man, a master violinist who is now a recluse in the Wyoming town of Everland. Arabella is a single mother of a ten year old boy, Edward, just trying to make a living. Her second husband (who died not long before the
Dawn
++SPOILERS+++

Man this author can WRITE!

I have so much to say about this book I don't know where to begin.

First, I have not used alot of my tags that pertain to this book because it would spoil MAJOR things. So you just have to trust me to say this is safe.. and when you see something as you read this that may be a trigger, just keep going... it won't trigger you. It all works out. I didn't see these twists comming, but some of you may. (I'm kinda gullible).

Now, I'm about to spoil the
Deborah Andreasen
Apr 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Fantastic retelling

I loved this Beauty and the Beast retelling. There were times I couldn't tell who was the beauty and who was the Beast. The only complaint I have is that there was some sensual scenes. There was no explicit sex, but mentions of it and it made me nervous I was going to have to stop reading. I don't think the story needed that. It was beautiful and interesting on its own.
Lola Riggs
May 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The best book I have read this year. The emotions it caused makes it all the better, especially the last chapter . Love torn apart by a war, to later be reunited is just amazing . It's the first one in the series that I have read but I will be starting at the beginning so I can fall in love with more in this town .
mad4rombks
Jessica (a GREAT read)
And so The Beauty and the Beast readathon continues!! I picked up another one from my TBR pile, Beauty by Caroline Lee was in my LitCube from October I think? I can’t remember exactly, but since it was called a Beauty and the Beast retelling I was most eager to give it a read. Though what I found was somehow lacking, sadly.

It’s not to say that it was a bad book, it wasn’t, I just felt like it needed more. There was hardly any conflict really. The only problem that really existed that both of the
Whitebeard Books
Apr 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a very interesting retelling of a fairy tale but modernized and adjusted for a more adult read. While the conclusion is just what it should be, Ms. Lee does a circuitous route in getting the reader there. Give it a read, you won't be disappointed. I'm looking forward to her next effort.
Joshualyn Prater
Jan 22, 2017 rated it did not like it
Where to start??? This was the first book I've read from this author. I received this book in my litcube box. I honestly don't know how or why everyone likes this book and have it such high ratings. if I could give it a thumbs down or less then 1 star rating I would... The book was Boring, Predictable, It was NOT A retelling of beauty and the beast. The only thing in common were the names and the fact that she was "beautiful" and he was blind and disfigured which made him "ugly". I found it ...more
Phoenix77
There is something special about the boom town of Everland. Author Caroline Lee has populated the community with characters straight out of the fairy tale books but given them a distinctly American spin. You won’t find cursed princes or magical talking housewares in this story, but if you look closely you may see a little magic at work in Beauty: An Everland Ever After Tale.

The gossips of Everland are all clamoring to discover more about the mysterious stranger who has settled there. The large
Jesse
Aug 19, 2016 rated it did not like it
1.5.

In a word: uninspired. Taking classic fairy tales and transplanting them into reimagined settings is hardly new, and while this romance novel is competently written, it simply has nothing new or original or even interesting to offer, nor does it even bear much similarity to its inspiration: Beauty and the Beast. What drew my eye to this book in the first place is that it purported to be a love story with a disfigured protagonist. I really enjoy reading about people who exist outside of
Debbie
I admit that when I saw this in my Lit-Cube, I was skeptical. I just didn't see how the author could pull off a historical romance with a fairy-tale twist in an Old West town. It just sounded like a recipe for disaster.

Well, I will admit, I was wrong.

Yes, it was cheesy and fluffy, and I called the plot twist half-way through, but you know what? I still enjoyed the hell out of this book. It was cute and made me smile. Which is just really want I needed tonight.

Some minor quibbles:
The Beauty
Jackson D'Lynne
I had the great honor of reading this book before its release, and I can gladly say that I enjoyed it. This is an ingenious retelling of the old, classic Beauty and the Beast, tale.

The story had depth, intrigue, and a twist I didn't see coming -- but LOVED!

If I have on complaint about the story, I have to say that I really didn't like the heroine through the first part of the story (before the critical point). She was shallow, and I wanted to punch her in the face. Thankfully, she cleaned up her
Sandie Laughner
Jun 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book!! I feel that it was the best one yet in the Everland series. I won't repeat the blurb, as it's been done in other reviews. As a widow myself, this was an emotional roller coaster ride for me. I could identify in part with Arabella and her struggle to make ends meet and her feelings of lost love. Her meeting and interactions with the "Beast" proved very entertaining. If you believe in magic and second chances, then this book is for you. I shed happy tears at the end.
Melanie Mason
Good story. Kind of fun to see the fairytale theme throughout a historical fiction style book. I enjoyed the environment of the book and how the author created a town that embodied the fairy tales. It was also fun to meet characters that will feature in upcoming books.

I also liked that the characters pushed through difficult situations and how their choices in the past, though painful and detrimental didn't end up harming their future together, but instead helped each other.

Good read!
Tierra
Aug 30, 2016 rated it liked it
I liked this story but the ending seemed rushed and a lot of questions not answered. Also a few sexual descriptions not needed. (No sex scenes but thoughts running through his head). If the ending wasn't rushed then I would give an extra star.
Tricia G
Jan 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I wish I could live in Everland. *sigh* Doesn't everyone want their happily ever after? This particular book in the series is based on the tale of Beauty and the Beast while making it feel true to life. it was like a Disney movie for adults.
Shelly
Aug 13, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction-novel
Quick read. A little predictable but still enjoyable. Since I've taken a fancy to fairy tale re-tellings I'll probably get around to reading the rest of the series.
Cassandra
Jan 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love it!!

The Everland books keep on surprising me with how much I fall in love with them. The twist on Beauty and the Beast is absolutely perfect!!
Pam
Aug 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016
Fantastic I thought is was a wonderful story! I will read another by this author. The characters were strong and believable great retelling of Beauty and the Beast. good twist in the story.
Elena Johansen
Bland. Predictable. Repetitive.

I could only take listening to Arabella whine about how worthless she was because she wasn't beautiful anymore so many times. Also her idea that she was "old" when she was barely past thirty--yep, you're a crone, get in the grave already.

I know her attitudes are meant to be warped by her second husband and his impossible standards, I get it. But it's tiresome to watch her vague attempts to unlearn those attitudes, and I'm not sure she actually succeeds all that
Jeanne Johnston
Nov 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
I started this book once, only because my Kindle is crap at seeing covers an I wondered what freebie I'd snagged and why. Got as far as the first few lines of the blurb. Old West? Urg. Cowboys are not my thing. Beauty and the Beast riff? Especially not my thing. I've seen too many redos to want to suffer that again.

But then I finished another book (which really was crap), and I couldn't stand that book with the unfinished percentage at the top of my library. How awful could this be? Can't
Lex
May 16, 2017 rated it liked it
It was a fun romp through a new telling of an old fairy tale. I enjoyed the characters mostly. But the "Beast's" story was a little too forced in my opinion and a very important detail for a musician was never addressed. Other than that, it was cute and a great fluffy Sunday read in front of the fireplace. I liked a some of the little details of the book shop, and the tea set, and the other fairy tale characters that are part of the town. Even the magic "help" at the end. It isn't one I'll ever ...more
Teri
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am just crazy about Everland. It is not at all difficult for me to remember that the stories are very loosely based on fairytales, but I just love the old west, the small-town feel, and the air of magic! So it’s not a hard stretch that I fell in love with Vincenzo and Arabella at all. They are both very flawed characters, he—flawed physically after an explosion, she—flawed in the way she sees herself & views others. He was running away from prying eyes, and she was trying to live by silly ...more
Renate
Jan 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
January 2018 book selection for Book Brigade: a romance-specific book club, run by an avid reader.

Beauty and the Beast meet in Everland, Wyoming. Caroline Lee is a talented fantasy writer intertwining our favorite fairy tales with history. This is my favorite Everland Ever After Tale crafting a tale about supposed widowed book store owner Arabella with a blind disfigured civil war soldier recluse. I always enjoy a book or tale within a story. The book Arabella reads to the blind recluse is Mark
Alex Criddle
Jan 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this novel. I didn't want to put it down. The writing was compelling, the characters were intriguing and engaging, and the story was a creative take on a beloved classic. I found myself immersed in the story, and the emotions leapt off of the pages into my very being. As other reviewers have mentioned, there is a twist in the story that took me by surprise. The concept of a world of fairy tale characters living in Wyoming in the late 1800s was unique and masterfully done. I will ...more
Penny Albee
Sep 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
New twist on a classic!

Another wonderful book in the Everland Ever After series. The author has a unique way of transforming classic fairy tales into sweet historical romances. I am looking forward to more books in the series. I can't wait to see how she puts her own spin on more classics.
Gisela
Feb 22, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love retellings and I really enjoyed this one. This is the reason why I gave it 3 stars. But if I'm going to be objective, this is a simple, cheesy and very predictable story, I cannot even say anything about the story without spoiling it. I know most readers will give it 2 or even 1 star. But I will continue with the series.
Liberty
Jan 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Caroline Lee writes a beautiful tale of love, loss, settling and finding love again. Vincenzo Bellini builds a house in Everland to retire as a recluse and avoid the stares and taunting that follow him. Arabella Mayor is overly focused on beauty and propriety. Can these two tortured souls bring out the best in each other and find healing, or even love?
Christina Morley
Jul 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a fairy tale retelling that isn't light and fluffy. The two main characters have faced a lot of pain in life and then experience personal growth as they get to know each other. I actually found their story to be tragic even though it does have an HEA. The boy's character is a nice touch and he's important to the story. I'm hoping the other books in the series will be happier.
Coco
Nov 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Beauty - Everland Ever After

I am loving the Everland series more with each book! Beauty - Everland Ever After tells the fairytale love story of Beauty and the Beast s a historical romance set in Late 1800s Wyoming. The story deals with the issue of what's more important- outer or inner beauty? Caroline thank you for writing this series!
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Publish Date not showing when sorting 7 196 Sep 21, 2017 04:37PM

• His Perfect Bride (The Brides of Paradise Ranch, #1)
  • Highland Archer
  • The Marvelous Mustanger (The Book Club)
  • The Travels of Titus (Tales from Biders Clump #9)
  • Harriet's Hope (The Alphabet Mail-Order Brides, #8)
  • Western Bride (Copper Kings Book 1)
  • The Hopeful Heart: A Cottonwood Ranch Story (The Book Club, #3)
  • Bruno's Belligerent Beauty (Tales From Biders Clump #3)
  • The Reluctant Royal: A Royal Romance (Book Club 6)
  • Passionate (Passport to Romance #1)
  • Barefoot in Hyde Park (The Hellion Club Book 2)
  • The Lucky Lady (The Book Club 13)
  • The Minx Miner: A Miners to Millionaires Story (The Book Club 8)
  • The Traveling Teacher (The Book Club, #9)
  • Watching the Wrangler (Cowboys and Angels, #42)
  • An Agent for Hallie (The Pinkerton Matchmaker #32)
  • The Destined Duchess (The Book Club 16)
  • An Agent for Josie (The Pinkerton Matchmaker #31)

Everland Ever After (10 books)
  • Little Red (Everland Ever After, #1)
  • Ella (Everland Ever After, #2)
  • The Stepmother (Everland Ever After, #4)
  • Rapunzelle (Everland Ever After, #5)
  • Briar Rose (Everland Ever After, #6)
  • Rose Red (Everland Ever After, #7)
  • The Mermaid (Everland Ever After, #8)
  • The Prince's Pea (Everland Ever After, #9)
  • Snow: an Everland Ever After Tale