Start by marking “ドラゴンボール超 2 (Dragon Ball Super, #2)” as Want to Read:
ドラゴンボール超 2 (Dragon Ball Super, #2)

ドラゴンボール超 2

(Dragon Ball Super #2)

ドラゴンボール超 2巻: 人間ゼロ計画!!
Published December 12th 2016 by 集英社 (Shueisha)

Start your review of ドラゴンボール超 2 (Dragon Ball Super, #2)
Khurram
Jun 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great comic of the Dragon Ball Super. I do like the condensed less time wasting version of the of the series but the only problem I found in this comic was the action was. It as good as the fight in the series. The were shortened a bit too much.

The book starts from the Frost taking his final form against Goku, till the end of the tournament. Then the start of the future Trunks saga. If the fight were a little better or the technique were a little better explained this would have been an easy 5
Sam Quixote
In the second volume of Dragon Ball Super, Dragon Ball does what Dragon Ball does best: fighting tournaments! It’s Universe 6 vs Universe 7 for the prize of the Super Dragon Balls! Who’ll win? (Clue: Goku is on Universe 7’s side!)

I was really looking forward to this one after that strong first volume so I was a bit let down with this disappointing second book. It’s not bad but it’s not that great either. The fighting felt rushed and wasn’t as exciting as it usually is and then, like a rancid
Dimitris
Jul 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I want more and more and more and more.
Lashaan Balasingam (Bookidote)
This volume mostly focuses on the Universe tournament with dragon balls at stake. I really want to love this series but there's this tone to the story so far that I just can't take seriously or fully appreciate.

A good amount of the volume focuses on battle scenes and at least that alone is always fun to "read" with the great artwork in it. It's the sort of the fact that it's predictable most of the time that it takes away a lot of its potential.

At least the Future Trunks story arc teases an
Vince
Feb 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It's Dragon Ball, how can I nor give it 5-stars?
Holly Letson
I wasn't interested in most of this volume, especially the part about the tournament. I found it extremely boring and pretty predictable.

I did somewhat enjoy the part that is the beginning of the Future Trunks story. But, I am unsure whether or not I will continue this series. My fiance' assures me that Volume 3 is better - but, I just don't know. It feels like a waste of my time.

I'm just really glad I haven't been wasting my time on the anime.
Erin
Aug 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm not sure where this is going, but my favorite plot from Dragonball Z started this way sooo ...more
Monsour
Aug 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Kaioken x10

Weeeeeeeeeeeee

I want moaaaaarrreeeeee

I actually finish this with including the "Goku Black Arc" but for some reason Goodreads dont show the next vol.
James DeSantis
Jan 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Who knew Dragon Ball Super was so fun?

This continues the tournament that started in the last volume. Goku is up against the Frieza look alike but things might not go as well as he wants. Vegeta and Picollo even get a chance to showcase their skills, and some emotional growth for Vegeta himself. The end of the tournament is both fun and exciting and reminds me SO much of Dragon Ball I love it. Then we begin a new arc with Future Trunks! This brings in a new villain, Black Goku, but will our
Brandon
Reading the DBS manga is pretty odd, especially having not seen the TV series at all (I have seen the Z movies that act as pilots for the Super show, but that's not really relevant here), as it seems this version is basically trying to tell a story in fast-forward. I get that Toriyama allegedly has a plot outline for both TOEI and Toyotaro to follow, for the anime and manga, respectively, and that Toyotaro is allegedly working closer with Toriyama than TOEI are, but it is difficult to imagine ...more
Mohamed Jama
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Adam Fisher
Aug 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Continuing the Invitational Fighting Tournament between Universe 6 and 7, the majority of this Volume deals with the rest of it, bringing us not only some great fights, but also plenty of the humor this series is known for. Here we have:
- Frost defeating Goku
- Frost defeating Piccolo
- Frost's cheating being discovered and Goku getting reinstated to the lineup, yet Vegeta demanding to fight Frost, who he defeats.
- Vegeta vs. Magetta
- Vegeta Vs. Cabbe, a peaceful Saiyan from U6, who he pushes to
Chelsea Gouin
Apr 21, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
These are so disappointing. :/ So the Tournament of Universes 6 and 7 continue. We get an alternative version of Freeza named Frost who was cheating. His backstory was cut and the scandal was made even more vague in the manga adaptation. There is another race of Saiyan and Vegeta is pumped to see his race represented. There's also a tossed in line how Beerus is the one who instructed Freeza to end the Saiyan planet like that doesn't totally destroy that arc. Ughhh. Then we have Hit, an assassin ...more
Michael Kikle
Apr 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well, this volume was definitely better than the first volume.

Here, we finish-up the two universes' tournament, and we begin a new arc that I had heard about and was very excited for, and it definitely delivered! Very solid, exciting, and fun read!

There's a couple of times I think Vegeta is a little out of character--I mean, when have we ever heard Vegeta get excited for something, or literally speak the words "I'm sorry"? Never. Never ever.

With that being said, I do like quite a few of the
Jay
Jul 14, 2018 rated it liked it
This is still hitting the nostalgia bone enough to keep me interested, but a lot has changed. The storytelling itself is rushed and, call me a downer, but it's too lighthearted. As light as the original Dragon Ball was, that could still be much more serious when it needed to be, and definitely more creative. This is getting a little repetitive, more Kai's/gods, more transformations, another tournament, bringing back the same characters or variations of them (Frost)... It's like that third movie ...more
R.Prim
Oct 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Basically the same path as the anime but it is very straight forward and simplified, also, for some reason, Goku is drawn rather less bulky and looks younger for example when he transforms into Super Saiyan God he looks leaner. This volume concludes the Universe 6 tournament arc and the start of Future Trunks arc, no fillers in between like in the anime. Also there is a special original bonus short story at the end.
Wesley Rea
Jun 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I finished this awhile ago, but was too busy to update Goodreads.

I’m enjoying the manga for DragonBall Super quite a bit. Yeah, there is some controversy about the artist right now, but the storyline is good. I haven’t watched this part of the anime yet, so it was good to get an abridged version before I start watching it this summer. Looking forward to the Future Trunks story arc.
Jared Schmeck
Jan 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed volume 2 every bit as much as volume 1. The art is fantastic, the plot is fun and interesting. Highly recommend to Dragon Ball fans, and can really see DBS pulling in a new generation of fans. Excellent so far!
Cameron Deavin
Feb 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Though the first volume was more or less 'like Dragon Ball Super but written down', this volume seems to be more worth reading, if only because it goes into more interesting territory than experiencing Battle of Gods in a third format
Richard
Jul 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Volume 2 is fun! The fights are all good and I found myself laughing at the dialogue, in a good way, more than with the previous volume. The beginning of the new story line involving Goku Black seems promising, so I'm looking forward to Volume 3.
Zack
May 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As always

Anything Akira Toriyama makes us awesome as hell; and Dragon Ball Super is no exception when compared alongside his other work
Josh
A great 2nd novel.
Shayna Ross
Jun 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
This is just getting all the weird.
Elena
May 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A good sequel! And future Trunks is finally here! =^_^=
Hew J France
Dec 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
While still a very abridged version of the anime, this one was not too bad. I enjoyed it far more than the first volume.
Ali
Nov 03, 2019 added it
my favorite franchise
Ilse
Dec 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: something-other
started to read the manga beacuse of the anime. It is better explained and I love the drawing but the story is very simplified.
Aidan
Jan 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
a great second volume in dragonball super, although I don't know who the lord of lords is, and a mini flashback would be nice
Natalia
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun read

I really enjoyed reading this series. Compare to the anime . I really enjoyed how quickly it goes by like the anime.

• Hunter x Hunter, Vol. 02 (Hunter x Hunter, #2)
  • ワンパンマン 18 [Wanpanman 18] (Onepunch-Man, #18)
  • ワンパンマン 17 [Wanpanman 17] (Onepunch-Man, #17)
  • Hunter x Hunter, Vol. 03 (Hunter x Hunter, #3)
  • Hunter x Hunter, Vol. 04 (Hunter x Hunter, #4)
  • ONE PIECE 92 (One Piece, #92)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 20 [Boku No Hero Academia 20] (My Hero Academia, #20)
  • ワンパンマン 2 [Wanpanman 2] (Onepunch-Man, #2)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 19 [Boku No Hero Academia 19] (My Hero Academia, #19)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 14 [Boku No Hero Academia 14] (My Hero Academia, #14)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 15 [Boku No Hero Academia 15] (My Hero Academia, #15)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 12 [Boku No Hero Academia 12] (My Hero Academia, #12)
  • ONE PIECE 91 (One Piece, #91)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 18 [Boku No Hero Academia 18] (My Hero Academia, #18)
  • ワンパンマン 14 [Wanpanman 14] (Onepunch-Man, #14)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 13 [Boku No Hero Academia 13] (My Hero Academia, #13)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 21 [Boku no Hero Academia 21] (My Hero Academia, #21)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 22 [Boku no Hero Academia 22] (My Hero Academia, #22)
Akira Toriyama is a widely known and acclaimed Japanese manga artist known mostly for his creation of Dragon Ball in 1984. It is difficult to pin point the source of Toriyama's artwork inspiration. He admires Osamu Tezuka's Astro Boy and was impressed by Walt Disney's One Hundred and One Dalmatians, which he remembers for the great art. Jackie Chan's early movies had a noticeable influence on ...more

Dragon Ball Super (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • ドラゴンボール超 1 (Dragon Ball Super, #1)
  • ドラゴンボール超 3 (Dragon Ball Super, #3)
  • ドラゴンボール超 4 (Dragon Ball Super, #4)
  • ドラゴンボール超 5 (Dragon Ball Super, #5)
  • ドラゴンボール超 6 (Dragon Ball Super, #6)
  • ドラゴンボール超 7 (Dragon Ball Super, #7)
  • Dragon Ball Super, tomo 8