Start by marking “Once Upon a Regency Christmas: On a Winter's Eve\Marriage Made at Christmas\Cinderella's Perfect Christmas” as Want to Read:

THREE REGENCY HEROES IN DISGUISE.

THREE CHRISTMAS NOVELLAS TO WARM YOUR HEART!

ON A WINTER'S EVE by Louise Allen

Snowbound together, Lady Julia Chalcott and Captain Giles Markham try to fight temptation. But, as Christmas draws closer, their attraction proves too strong to resist!

MARRIAGE MADE AT CHRISTMAS by Sophia James

Christine Howard's frozen heart melts as she gets
Published October 18th 2016 by Harlequin

To ask other readers questions about Once Upon a Regency Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Once Upon a Regency Christmas

Treece
Rating: 3 1/2 stars

This charming anthology carries the enduring and magical warmth of Christmas. Everyone finds hope then love after enduring a variety of obstacles, hardships, disappointments and tragedies. There are bittersweet moments and memories shared, all with the holiday spirit (and plot moppets) to brighten the darkest moments. A wonderful collection of stories by authors who understand and do romance well.
Susan
ON A WINTER'S EVE by Louise Allen

Good story. Julia has returned to England from India, after the death of her husband. She has brought her half-Indian stepdaughter with her, hoping to give the girl a better future. She is also hoping to marry again. Instead, she discovers that men are far more interested in her bank account than h
Julie
Dec 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Harlequin are truly spoiling their readers this Christmas with Once Upon a Regency Christmas, a charming collection of Yuletide stories from three of their finest writers – Louise Allen, Sophia James and Annie Burrows.

On a Winter’s Eve – Louise Allen

Louise Allen is one of the best writers of historical romance writing today and she is on top form with On a Winter’s Eve, a witty, warm-hearted and irresistible tale of redemption, second chances and forbidden desire sure to hold readers in thrall f
Louise Marley
May 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Once Upon a Regency Christmas is a lovely Christmassy book containing three novella-length, Christmas-themed, Regency romances by Louise Allen, Sophia James and Annie Burrows. I am a huge fan of both Louise Allen and Annie Burrows, and have read all their books, but Sophia James is new to me. The theme running through all three stories is that the heroes might not be quite who they seem to be.

On a Winter's Eve by Louise Allen

Lady Julia Charlcott is newly arrived in England from India. Her much o
Sharon
Dec 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
One of the things that always amuses me about Regency tales is the number of dukes and earls. They are everywhere! And they are always more than willing to fall in love with and marry someone who appears to be (or actually is) below their station.

Such is the case with all three of these Christmas novellas. My favorite was "Cinderella's Perfect Christmas," in which the poor relation is left behind with two servants while the rest of the family goes to a house party in which the two daughters are
Nazlıcan
Nov 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fazlaca vaktim olmadığımda kısa kısa HH okumaya bayılıyorum. Bir önceki yeni yıl seçkisi gibi bu seçki de oldukça güzeldi. Hikayeler arasından en çok sonuncuyu beğendim. 2. Hikaye ise çok daha geniş bir romana konu olup daha detaylıca işlenseydi daha güzel olabilirdi. Sonuç olarak ortalama bir Harlequin kitabından kat kat iyiydi. Süreli yayın olduğu için bulunması zor ama denk gelirseniz alıp okuyabileceğiniz bir kitap.
Deirdre
The Once upon idea kinda falls flat but the stories aren't bad.

The first story "On a Winter's Eve" by Louise Allen is a story of a showbound Christmas with an escaped turkey. Features a clever woman who made money despite her spendthrift husband, and pretending to be poor to try to avoid a marriage for her cash not her self, which almost backfires.

Marriage Made at Christmas by Sophia James is all about a mistaken identity and assumption, with a side order of tortured childhood past.  Could po
Harlequin Books
"These three charming, desire-in-disguise holiday stories are designed to to lighten reader’s burdens during the hectic season. A trio of accomplished Regency authors have created delightfully, fully fleshed out characters, including a wild turkey and precious children, sexual tension and engaging plots in a few short pages" (RT Book Reviews).
Diane Horne
Nov 27, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Once Upon a Recency Christmas By Louise Allen

Four stars..Good romantic traditional Christmas stories..Good authors as well as good storylines...Little sensual but romantic..The last story was too short.
Carrie
3/5

MARRIAGE MADE AT CHRISTMAS by Sophia James
2.5/5

CINDERELLA'S PERFECT CHRISTMAS by Annie Burrows
4/5
Cecilia Rodriguez
Dec 14, 2016 rated it liked it
A trio of Regency era romances, all with the central theme of Christmas.
Mary Craven
Jan 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Even during the hub-bub of the holidays, I love to take a few moments for myself and curl up with a good book. What better than three short stories of the Christmas season. I enjoyed them all.
Elaine
Jan 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: regency
Three enjoyable Mills & Boon stories - by three leading authors of Regency.
4****
Lisa  Montgomery
Sep 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
The first story comes from Louise Allen. It is called "On a Winter's Eve." One thing a reader can always count on is Ms. Allen's accurate depiction of the time. Captain Giles Markam earned his captainacy through a Forlorn Hope mission, but he must sell out his commission because of a family obligation. Returning home, he encounters Lady Julia Chalcott, a widow who has been on her own since the age of 16, when her father died and the new earl sent her to India to find a husband. They are two soul ...more
Chelsea
On a Winter's Eve By, Louise Allen - 4 Stars
This was a really fun story and I enjoyed seeing the instant attraction between Lady Julia Chalcott and Captain Giles Markham as well as seeing how they each try to figure out what they want in their future as well as what relationship they want from the other. The turkey that Captain Giles Markham rescued was also an entertaining side character.

Marriage Made at Christmas By, Sophia James - 4 Stars
I really enjoyed seeing how the plot unfolded in t
Jamie Pellerin
Jul 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, romance
A trio of well written Christmas stories. This was my first time reading Sophia James, whose work I enjoyed a lot and immediately purchased more of her stories to read upon finishing her contribution. Annie Burrows story was also very good, even if the H and h fell in love and got married over the course of two days. (A little bit Disney!) But it was so well written that trope is easily dismissed. I loved the characters in Louise Allen’s story a lot, but a sudden misunderstanding very late in th ...more
Cherie
Jul 19, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-book, owned
Started this awhile ago. So long ago I changed it from "Reading" to "Want to Read". Now I'm back to it. I can't remember Louise Allen's story at all even though I read the other reviews but I know I at least liked it. So two stars.

Sophia James has been a hit mostly miss author for me and this novella was a total miss. I'm giving up on Sophia James completely. She has great ideas but they don't flesh out for me.

I couldn't even get into the third story.
Tina
Cinderella's Perfect Christmas by, Annie Burrows was a really sweet Christmas Regency story.
Laura J.
Jun 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Two 5 stars and one four star

There were similarities between the two 5 star stories: a snow storm, an ex-soldier about to take on a new role and omissions on status/wealth. But they had a totally different feel.

In Louise Allen’s story, Julia is a young widow traveling to her husband’s run down house. She rescues Giles who has gotten lost in a snow storm. Julia is rich thanks to her own ingenuity and is weary of men who only want to marry her for her money. Giles is on his way to a bankrupt esta
Deidrah Reeves
Jan 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Sweet! Nice Christmas stories! Glad to get to read them even if it was after Christmas!
:-)
Mar 12, 2017
Carla
Nov 15, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Gift-Wrapped Governess: Christmas at Blackhaven Castle / Governess to Christmas Bride / Duchess by Christmas
  • Christmas Getaway: An Anthology
  • Wild West Christmas: A Family for the Rancher\Dance with a Cowboy\Christmas in Smoke River
  • Coming Home for Christmas: A Christmas in Paradise\O Christmas Tree\No Crib for a Bed
  • Regency Christmas Proposals
  • Snowflakes and Stetsons
  • Waltzing with the Earl
  • Scandal at the Christmas Ball: An Anthology
  • Western Winter Wedding Bells
  • Christmas Keepsakes
  • His Mistletoe Wager
  • A Very Austen Christmas
  • One Candlelit Christmas (The MacLerie Clan #4.5) (Wellingfords #2.5)
  • The Captain's Christmas Bride
  • Mail-Order Brides of Oak Grove: Surprise Bride for the Cowboy\Taming the Runaway Bride (Oak Grove #1-2)
  • Warriors in Winter (MacEgan Brothers, #7)
  • Western Spring Weddings: The City Girl and the Rancher\His Springtime Bride\When a Cowboy Says I Do
  • The Lord Who Sneered and Other Tales (Miss Delacourt #5)

This author also writes under the name Francesca Shaw.

I have had my nose buried in a history book - fact or fiction - for as long as I can remember, but even more important to me are the places and the objects that conjure up the past. My first attempt at historical fiction