Start by marking “Close Obsession (The Krinar Chronicles, #2)” as Want to Read:
Close Obsession (The Krinar Chronicles, #2)

Close Obsession

(The Krinar Chronicles #2)

The highly anticipated sequel to Close Liaisons...

In Lenkarda – the main Krinar colony on Earth – Mia is completely at Korum's mercy. With no way to leave and no idea how to operate even the most basic Krinar technology, she has no choice but to trust the K who brought her there – the lover whom she had betrayed.

Will he keep his promise to bring her home, or is she
Kindle Edition, 2nd Edition, 330 pages
Published April 2016 by Mozaika Publications (first published February 20th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Close Obsession, please sign up.
Brett I would guess that the "ch" in both names would equate to "k" in terms of pronunciation.…moreI would guess that the "ch" in both names would equate to "k" in terms of pronunciation. (less)

Start your review of Close Obsession (The Krinar Chronicles, #2)
Sophia Triad
Mia is completely in Korum's mercy, after her betrayal and the shocking events in the last part of the previous book. New York is left behind and the two of them start their new life in Lenkarda, the main Krinar colony on Earth in Puerto Rico.

I loved the book. I loved how the relationship of the two main characters develops. Their devotion and love grows. Although the wounds from Mia’s betrayal run deep, she is somewhat forgiven. Korum is older and wiser. He knows that these younglings behave
Georgia ♥
4+ Close-Encounters-of-the-Third-Kind Stars

description

Better than the first, this book really drew me in and it delivered a very sexy and surprisingly complex story...

Can't believe I'm saying it, but...Team Krinar!

description

In the 1st book in the Krinar Chronicles we got introduced to our makers. An all-mighty, advanced alien race, The Krinar, revealed themselves to humanity. Thousands of years ago, they created us in their image and now this technologically advanced people returned officially to Earth to prevent
Sarah Toussaint
This was one of the first "alien-type" stories I've ever read and Anna has spoiled me for other paranormal books of this type. Like... No alien so far has ever been able to compare to Korum. Lol.

I mean, the only books I've read that were genre-similar to this that were able to maybe stand beside this series was Evangeline Anderson's Brides of the Kindred book series.

Thank you, Anna, for introducing me to Mia and Korum.

They were my very first paranormal love!
Shurrn
The saga of Mia & Korum continues!!
...and I'm still loving this Alien Erotica series...
How could she still feel like this after what he had put her through, after he had manipulated her like that? What kind of a person was she, to fall in love with an alien who had completely taken over her life?

She felt disgusted with herself, yet she couldn’t help it. When he smiled like that, she could almost forget everything that happened in the sheer joy of simply being with him.
The sequel to
Candace
This book picks up where the first book left off. The rebellion has been squashed and Mia's contribution to the resistance has been brought to light. Despite discovering Mia's betrayal, Korum is still determined to keep her by his side. Even plotting his demise isn't enough to chase off this extraterrestrial heartthrob!

As Mia watches the trial of the Krinar believed to be responsible, she slowly comes to terms with some of the lies she was told. She feels used and manipulated, both by the human
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
Re-read: 06.10.2016
Ahh, apparently I liked this one much less than I did the first time around... Perhaps a reading slump is coming... I really shouldn't have re-read this series -.-' But it's Korum!
Second rate: 3 stars.

Close Obsession was so much better then Close Liaisons!

And Korum, so goddamn sexy and dominant yet so adorable and sweet.. GRRR!! I love him!

Rate: 4 stars.
 Rosebud
In this Book 2 Korum is definitely the good guy.... or he could be the bad guy..... damn you author !!!!! I still don't know. But he has bascially claimed Mia and taken her to the alien settlement on Earth, Lenkarda. Mia still doesn't know Korum's plans but he has promised to return her to her old life and allow her to see her family at times so she'll have to trust him. In the meantime she has a chance to experience all the technological advances of the Krinars and work in one of their research ...more
Monty Cupcake ☠ Queen of Bloodshed ☠
Better than the first book. The female mc is less TSTL this time around and there’s a villain. All enhanced the plot.
Carvanz
Audiobook: Narrator – Roberto Scarlato

Love everything by this narrator! He has proven to be a reliable performer with both male and female characters and he does an exceptional job of Mia and Korum.

description

I am really enjoying this series and this book in particular. We get to see Mia and Korum as they actually develop into a deeper more meaningful relationship. Mia’s character is strengthened as she embraces her life with Korum and the “world” he lives in. While Korum is still over protective and a
Anna (Bobs Her Hair)
3 stars (tweaked down by .5)...I enjoyed this book, but after being reminded of another trilogy with a domineering lover with naive college student my love fizzed out a little.

What's Good
1) We learn about the Krinars' evolution...It was interesting.
2) Mia's not as naive. She's not Korum's equal yet, but there's promise.
3) Korum shows some softening around his sharp edges.

The Struggles
1) I didn't like how issues from book 1 weren't addressed. They were brushed under the rug. Plus Mia could be a
Lauren Dawes
Apr 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mei
Sep 11, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sf
OK, it has improved, but too late for me to up my rating.

I still find Mia too juvenile in her actions and her reasoning. I would have preferred her to be at leas 10 years older, hoping that then she would have been more mature. Thus the story could be more enjoyable for me. :D

Also Korum... what did he find so interesting in Mia is a total mistery to me! How a 2000 years old could fall for her I really don't know!

Still, I find myself hooked to the overall story. (view spoiler)
Pamela
Jun 11, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The world building is excellent and the character development is good in this second book in The Krinar Chronicles series.

The Hero is a great alpha male character and the secondary characters and their actions were interesting.

There is one thing that held me back from rating this futuristic novel four stars: the heroine, Mia. Mia is presented as rather plain, of average intelligence, and is a 21 year old college student. Why would a 2,000 year old, highly developed (physically and mentally),
Lover of Romance
Jul 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the second book in the series, which features our lovely couple Korum and Mia. It picks off right where book one leaves off. Korum has found out the truth about Mia, and Mia learns that Korum knew about her deception all along. But even though Korum feels betrayed by Mia’s actions, he also loves Mia and refuses to give up on what they have so he takes her with him to Costa Rica, where a village of the Krinar live so he can show her what his people are really like and not what she has ...more
Elena
Mar 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, dark
4 stars
this was a winner .....I was hooked from word one till the end
i loved the details to the K world....those are some pretty cool stuff they have () I could use some of those inventions
I fell more and more for Korum here.....and Mia grew more as a character here as well....it was a really nice development for their relationship, even with all the bumps they had to go through.
the mysterious obsessed dude/alien was pretty creppy....looks like he got a new obsession when Mia showed up
Overall
Celestine
Feb 08, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi-romance
After reading Close Liaisons, I was really anticipating the sequel. The action picked up right where the last book left off. We learn more about Krinar technology, gadgets, history and legal system in this book, and Anna Zaires has created a fascinating culture. It truly is better than most other science fiction romance books I have read, with a much greater emphasis on the devices, food and history of the Krinar people. Zaires is very imaginative and technological advances are folded into ...more
Kati
I really enjoyed reading this second book of the Krinar Chronicles. An intense relationship, fascinating technology and a truly imaginative and unique view of what it would be like to live in a world where humans are no longer the dominant species really kept my interest. Anna Zaires made me feel like I was really learning about a culture so alien yet at the same time so similar to our own. What would it be like to try to be in a relationship when there is really no realistic way to be on equal ...more
Diana
This book gave a lot of description about the Krinar world. It was slow at times, and the sex scenes were so repetitive that I skipped through them. However, the mystery kept me going. We have yet to see more from this mysterious Krinar....who can it be? I'm a big fan of Korum, and am looking forward to continuing on with this series.
Dr. Bronwyn Ph.D of Smutology
Much of this book is focused on Mia settling into life with Korum on Lenkarda.

We see her struggle to come to terms with her decisions and life as she now sees it. It's still sexy but this 2nd instalment is much more emotionally. It felt like less 'big' events happened in this one but we certainly learn more about our characters.
Adrienh1
"Loved this story!!"
The only thing I didn't care for was the narrator's voice. While it was not bad, there was no depth to it. All of the characters sounded the same. I felt that my listening experience would've been so much better if the narrator could've switched it up a little.
Cristina
Jul 27, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was hesitant to read this book because I didn't like much the first one. In the end, I went by impulse and purchase it. Boy, am I glad I did. The second installment is so much better. You will not regret buying it even if the first one wasn't that good for you.
Cal (Constant Raving Reviews)
DNF

Okay I'm giving up on this one.

Maybe one day I'll come back to it.

There was a huge amount of suspense that was solved way too early on, so now I don't want to keep reading. There's no point, and I don't care enough about the characters anymore :/

This was a pretty decent mystery overall, though. I think the romance actually worsened it (which I usually never say!!) by the near end (to where I got up to-- the second half).
 ♥ Suger Honey ♥
first off the book description on the back cover is not telling the truth a few examples everything is sunshine, hearts and friggin rainbows i say this because for most of the book they have cool equipment, gadgets, Nanos etc. it also piss me off when on the back of the book it states mia "With no way to leave and no idea how to operate even the most basic Krinar technology "BUT IN THE FIRST 80 PAGES SHE SAYS EVERYTHING IS SO EASY WITH K TECHNOLOGY it was just to how ooowww and errs for me i ...more
Alice
Good thing I picked up the boxed set, I'm all ready for the next installment after reading this one. This one was full of more steamy scenes, super possessive alien alphaness and intrigue. I really enjoyed reading more of our couple's story as they found their way through their still very new and some what fragile relationship. The story ended with clearly more to come, not exactly a cliffhanger but pretty close.
Tapasya
I need a Korum in my life.
Seriously.
Mia is just lazing around while Korum cooks and does all the work.
Amazing.
Loved this book.
As always Anna Zaires books are awesome.
Lisazj1
I like this author's writing and her story-telling style, she certainly knows how to keep your attention. And now I have to know what happens next!
Metalkarin
Let me start by saying I don’t like Mia and that might be the main reason I don’t enjoy these books as much as I could. That said I was expecting ‘dark and edgy’ both because of my previous experiences with Anna Zaires writing and because of the blurb of Close Liaisons.

Simultaneous while listening to these audiobooks I have started to reread the Twist Me series. Where these books become more dark and grim as the story progresses, this story doesn’t seem to evolve. Where Nora, Julian and their
SN the Viking
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• The Krinar Experiment
  • The Krinar's Informant
  • Collateral
  • Submission Games (Games, #2)
  • Krinar Diplomacy
  • Damage
  • Prince Poison (Gods and Monsters #1)
  • Krinar Solace
  • Melting Iron (Cyborg Seduction, #3)
  • Stolen (Alpha’s Control, #1)
  • The Krinar's Bane
  • Born to be Broken (Alpha's Claim, #2)
  • Reborn (Alpha's Claim, #3)
  • Number 101
  • Taken by the Krinar
  • Bitter Heat (Singed, #1)
  • Crime Lord's Paradise (Crime Lord, #4.5)
  • Crime Lord's Captive (Crime Lord, #1)
Anna Zaires fell in love with books at the age of five, when her grandmother taught her to read. She wrote her first story shortly thereafter. Since then, she has always lived partially in a fantasy world where the only limits were those of her imagination. Currently residing in Florida, Anna is happily married to Dima Zales (a science fiction and fantasy author) and closely collaborates with him ...more

The Krinar Chronicles (3 books)
  • Close Liaisons (The Krinar Chronicles, #1)
  • Close Remembrance (The Krinar Chronicles, #3)
“You don’t know?” he whispered harshly. “You truly don’t know that you mean everything to me?”
Hardly daring to believe her ears, Mia pushed at his chest to put a little distance between them so she could look up at his face. “I do?”
“Of course, you do.” His gaze burned into her with an intensity she had never seen before. “How could you doubt it?”
“Are . . . are you saying you love me?” she asked tremulously, afraid to even voice such a possibility. What if he said no? What if she’d misunderstood him, and he would now laugh at her silliness? Her chest tightened in anxious anticipation.
“Mia, I love you more than life itself,” he said, his voice rough with emotion. “If anything happened to you . . . If you were gone, I would not want to go on living. Do you understand me?”
15 likes
“There was still so much unresolved between them, but in this moment, she couldn't bring herself to care about the way their relationship had started, about all the mutual lies and betrayals. In this moment, she knew only that she loved him, that every part of her longed to be with him.” 5 likes