Start by marking “Sweet! Celebrations” as Want to Read:
Sweet! Celebrations

Sweet! Celebrations

The creator and host of My Cupcake Addiction—one of the world’s most widely viewed online baking shows—shares her most dazzling and delicious dessert recipes and ingenious entertaining tips so you can throw the perfect party.

Whether you’re putting together a simple snack or an over-the-top extravaganza, bringing sweets to the office or planning a trick-or-treat to be
Published October 25th 2016 by Atria Books

Start your review of Sweet! Celebrations
Carol -  Reading Writing and Riesling

My View:
This is the cake book for all season and special occasions – there is something wonderful here for any special gathering of good friends.
The author provides a section of “classic” recipes – for cupcakes, mud cakes , cake pop dough, vanilla sugar cookies, butter creams, frostings, ganache and a how to of working with chocolate and working with tier and layer cakes - there is everything here to ensure you have a great base for all the recipes in the book. I tried and tested the vanilla
Alan
Oct 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
So pleased to have won this hardback cookery book in a recent Goodreads First Reads giveaway.

I enjoy creating cupcakes, but nothing on par with the creative designs in this book. Now given me something to think about when I am next making cupcakes! My young grandson was fascinated with the 'A Frightening Feast' chapter. I myself do not have a favourite as all look so tempting.

Glossy pages and the instructions appear to be easy to follow. A plus for me is that the ingredients are weighed in
Ange
Far more focused on the decorations than the recipes.
Shannon
I checked this out of the library to see if I should invest in it. While there are some very cute ideas which I plan to implement and recipes that I want to try I don't I'll add it to my kitchen library.
Nancy
Jul 30, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbook
This is a very pretty book to look at, lots of full color pictures of cakes and decorations, but I really can't see myself actually doing any of this. All of these recipes just seemed a bit to involved for me. The pictures are very cute to look at, but I know I won't bother with making cupcakes in little flower pots for a gardening theme; I'm not making cookies in the shape of butterflies; I won't make a cake in the shape of a hot dog complete with a ketchup packet floating over it pouring on ...more
Lisa
Dec 12, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was OK but there was not really anything that I really liked in it. What did stand out were the Chocolate filled pumpkins and tea cup cakes. That looks like something that I would really like to try and make I think that it would be really cool. There were a number of pictures but most things seemed really in depth, and not really easy to make. I think that you would have to be a semi professional. This is beyond what I myself would care to try.
anna
Feb 19, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
Cute but a bit cheesy but fun party ideas
Skylar
Jul 08, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The book itself was gorgeous, but the recepies did not make good cakes at all.
Alicea Walley
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is so creative with great ideas.
Zoe
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Devoured this as I plan on devouring the desserts! LOVED how she combined two of my greatest loves: party planning and sweets.
Stella
Nov 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Haven't tried the recipes, but the book is lovely to look at. Some very creative ideas!
K.
Dec 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
I have really enjoyed watching the videos that Elise has put online, and think that this book is a must-have for fans.

There are so many wonderful parts of this book, not just recipes, and I think that's what makes this book so wonderful. There are themes for different celebrations and each has the dessert part covered, but there are added bonuses of decorating ideas, related beverages, and detailed photos to help you plan for your own gala.

One of my favorite parts is that if you're confused
June Knobbe
Jan 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Everything cake

This came cookbook is great. There are So many new ideas. It contains Great recipes. Everything you need to know to make a bunch of fabulous deserts. Very trendy. I'm glad I bought it.
Maggie Skarich Joos
Pinterest come to life! So many cute ideas I'll never actually do.
Clara
Oct 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely amazing book goes above and beyond the average baking book!
Hilary
Selina
rated it it was ok
Jan 04, 2020
ag123456
rated it did not like it
Jul 06, 2018
Tina
Nov 15, 2016
Lupine
Apr 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult, culinary, holiday, teen
Good basic recipes and some really creative and cute ideas here... though the thought of doing ALL of them for one celebration is a bit much for me to contemplate. Still, when I am planning a party, I'll take a look at this one again.
« previous 1 3 next »

• A Baker's Life: 100 fantastic recipes, from childhood bakes to five-star excellence
  • Bound By Fate (Terra Nova Colony, #1)
  • Alien Surgeon’s Seduction (Warriors of the Lathar, #10)
  • The Sprinkles Baking Book: 100 Secret Recipes from Candace's Kitchen
  • The House at Pooh Corner (Winnie-the-Pooh, #2)
  • Fatal Chaos (Fatal, #12)
  • About My Mother: True Stories of a Horse-Crazy Daughter and Her Baseball-Obsessed Mother
  • Fatal Reckoning (Fatal, #14)
  • Celebration After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
  • Island Secrets (Island Escape,  #1)
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
  • Island Pursuit (Island Escape #2)
  • Fatal Threat (Fatal, #11)
  • Fatal Invasion (Fatal #13)
  • Fatal Identity (Fatal, #10)
  • Mr. Lemoncello's All-Star Breakout Game (Mr. Lemoncello's Library, #4)
  • Nehemiah (Bible #16), ESV