Start by marking “Stockholm Diaries, Caroline, (The Foreign Fling Duet #1)” as Want to Read:
Stockholm Diaries, Caroline, (The Foreign Fling Duet #1)

Stockholm Diaries, Caroline,

(Stockholm Diaries #1)

2016 National Excellence in Romance Fiction Award Winner - Contemporary Series

The Plan:
A month in Sweden to jump-start her photojournalism career
Not in the Plan:
The hot hockey player who lives across the hall

But an adventure abroad never goes according to plan...right? Especially when the not-in-the-plan guy has a bad reputation.

Time is running out. Caroline must choose wh
ebook, Alternate Cover, 234 pages
Published April 10th 2016 by Rebecca Hunter (first published July 1st 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Stockholm Diaries, Caroline,, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stockholm Diaries, Caroline,

Paige
Jul 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
4.5 "Ready Now" Stars

Excuse me while I pick myself up off the floor after having swooned right into a huge pile of mush. (The ending to this book was simply perfect.) Rebecca Hunter's debut novel was a well written tale of finding oneself even in the most unlikely places and people.

Stockholm, Diaries, Caroline follows Caroline as leaves her suburban life in Detroit to do the one thing she has always wanted to do but never done: travel. Caroline is a photographer that put off her dream of being
Tracy *To the point Reviews*
Alicia
Aug 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received this book for free through Goodreads Giveaways.

Stockholm Diaries was a contemporary romance set against the backdrop of Sweden’s most famous city. It was a sweet, light read; delightful and with one of those perfect endings you dream of. I put it down with a smile on my face. There is not one thing in this book I would change (which for me is saying something).
I absolutely loved this book. Everything in here worked. Even when I wanted to scream at decisions Caroline made, they were j
Andrea Fleury
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A beautiful romance

When I started this book I had a hard time trying to figure out where it was going. I loved the connection between these two characters. As there friendship continued I loved them together. The ending was amazing and a great surprise.
Coco.V
Apr 30, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebies
💝 FREE on Amazon today (4/30/2018)!💝
Amanda (Hootie) Clark

DNF @ 57%

Have you ever read a book that felt like it had no purpose? That the story was being told just for "shits and giggles"? I felt that way through the first half of this book. It was offered to me through an Insta-Freebie newsletter and with that beautiful cover and intriguing synopsis I was curious to start reading it.

I can honestly say that there isn't much here having gotten more than halfway through. A young woman who is on a photography assignment in Sweden trying to make her dream a
Khdamico
Mar 03, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
**4.5 stars**

I'm a sucker for a hockey romance, and enjoy the sub genre's usual sugary, over-dramatic confections. This book happily surprised me with its realistic story and relatable characters.

Of course the eye-locking, time-slowing animal magnetism Caroline and Niklas share is more fantastical, but Caroline is a great, relatable protagonist. She's following her dream, has a great friendship with Veronica, and makes mistakes and choices that are rooted in reality.

The book's driving conflict
☆☆Hannah☆☆
Dec 09, 2018 rated it liked it
I'd been wanting to read this book for awhile now. So, once I had the opportunity to do so I jumped on it. The good news is that I found it an enjoyable read.Caroline leaves Michigan to go to Sweden. She was tired of her same old life. While in Sweden of course she meets a man. Niklas is an ex NHL player. He has a reputation on an doff the ice. Of course he is nothing like they want you to believe. They have a nice relationship going and I look forward to seeing how it continues in the next book ...more
Danielle Urban
Sep 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Stockholm Diaries, Caroline by Rebecca Hunter is an amazing romance. I could not get enough of this romance. Rebecca Hunter has ruined me. I want to read all her books and it has to happen as soon as possible or else I will die from suspense. Intrigue, sparks, and opposites will attract readers in like honey is to bees. Fast-paced plot. Plenty of action and enough heat to make readers blush. This novel, was realistic in every way. The character were easy to connect with and their chemistry was h ...more
Peggy M
3,5 stars

I received this book in exchange for a honest review

I love reading books about ice hockey players so when I saw this book I naturally wanted to read it. This is the first book of the Stockholm diaries series and this book is about Caroline, an American woman and Niklas, a Swedish man. The whole series is based on the concept of American women meeting Swedish men and falling in love with them. I like the idea of this series.

Just like so many young people Caroline Mendoza had this dream o
Estefanía Montoya
really really love it!! <3 <3
this book really is a precious for the lovers for romance and suckers for a romance abroad. For those who long to travel and want to feel the adventure of it. This book really covers it. Plus, it has the theme of sports (the male character plays hockey), and we all love a hot athlete.
The characters were the perfect combination of funny and silly, and romantics.

We start with a young woman who leaves everything in the States to find herself, quitting her job and
Stephenee
Jun 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
* I received an ebook in exchange for an honest review. *

Rebecca Hunter's debut novel was a well written tale of love, life and decision. She writes as if she is a much more seasoned author, meaning that someone would not be able to tell that this was her first book unless they looked for that information. The plot was unique, fast paced and fun. The characters were well developed, easy to relate too and they quickly became the readers favorite new friends.

The reader can't help but become captiv
Livin' la  Vida Latina
Reviewed by: Bela

This is the story of Caroline Mendoza living life in Stockholm, the capital of Sweden. Her job is an interesting one: she is supposed to write an article (max two) in various countries throughout the whole summer. It doesn’t pay much and she has “to fund the rest of [her] way around the world.” (9) Still, I wish I could get a job like that. I’m always marveled by Latinas in travel.

Then she meets Niklas, the “friendly” Swedish neighbor. Strange how he always looks like he’s been
Shelle Perry
Caroline is a photographer who is on assignment to interview ex-patriots around the world. It is her dream job, and the chance to break free of a life that was stifling her. Sweden is her first stop and will last only weeks before she off to a new country. Niklas is a former NHL hockey player, currently playing for the Sweden national team. He has a temper and a past. Neither is in a place where a relationship makes sense, but they are drawn to one another nonetheless.

The best part about this bo
Elodie Karess
I would like to start this review by thanking the author and the Goodreads New Adult Book Club for giving me the opportunity to read this book in exchange for my honest opinion.

« Stockholm Diaries, Caroline » is a contemporary romance novel. It follows the story of Caroline, a lost American woman longing for adventure, and Niklas, a tortured Swedish hockey star. Ultimately, this book is about the impact that one person can have on another person's life.
I found this book charming. I enjoyed Rebec
Rebecca Hunter
Sep 25, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
I love this book, but since I wrote it, I'm a little biased:) It's a story about a strong connection between two people on very different paths.

This is Caroline and Niklas's first book, and their second book came out in April of 2016 ("Part 2," not a serial), along with some shorter stories about their adventures.

It's also the first book in the Stockholm Diaries series of steamy romances between North American women and Swedish men. My husband and I have lived in Sweden twice, and both times I
Sgiova
Jul 27, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this book in exchange for an honest review. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised with the plot, the main characters and even the supporting characters. this was a well written story that had me captivated from the beginning. when all is said and done there was nothing spectacular that happens that made this a good read for me but the mysterious aura that makes up Niklas was just that intriguing I couldn't put it down. in the back of my mind I kept thinking something sinister took ...more
Treena Beavers
Jun 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Ice melting romance.

Caroline gets a chance of becoming a sports photographer, grabbing the opportunity with both hands, she heads to the ice rink.
Until then she has no idea the guy across the hall tempting to melt her heart is a well known ice hockey player, with a bad reputation.

Niklas plays hard, focused his head has to be 100% on the game. He comes off the ice still fueled with rage and aggression, he needs to find calm before he causes another Storm.

This was a nice escape, easy reading wit
Diz Reads 4TLOReading
I'm not a fan of books written in the 3rd and unfortunately find it really difficult to fully immerse myself into a book, unless it's well written and a little grittier than this book.

Although with that being said this book was well written, had a wonderful backdrop and a good premise for a story, I personally found it difficult to connect with the characters especially Caroline. I found Nikolas intriguing and at times a little worrying.

I liked the old fashioned element to this book in the sen
Sonya Wasden
Feb 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Caroline had a plan. She left America and got a job with a magazine where she would interview ex-patriots all over the world and photograph them. The plan was to submit two articles per country and then move on to the next country. Her first country was Sweden and she was in Stockholm to spend a month. Her best friend from college, Veronica, had been able to secure her an apartment in the same apartment building. The plan was going well until she met her tall, very handsome, very muscular neighb ...more
Ewa
Dec 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this story. The heroine is in Sweden for a month doing a freelance job for a magazine.
She has left behind an ex-boyfriend, her home, family.She is traveling to several countries to do articles for this magazine and to take pictures. She definitely enjoyed her freedom.
He is a hockey player for his country and of course He is a super hero.
Life in the public could be difficult.
He meets the heroine and he is very attracted to her. They do finally get together even relationships wa
Debby
Mar 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Caroline takes a leap of faith and heads out into the world for a long awaited round the world tour designed to jump start her photojournalism career. First stop is a visit with her best friend in Stockholm. Veronica gets her a month long stay in another apartment in her building and all is going well until Caroline meets the giant guy who lives across the hall - Niklas. Niklas was playing pro-hockey in the US until accused of letting his temper loose on a date - incorrectly. Now back play for t ...more
Gail Dew
Mar 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Stockholm Diaries, Caroline: The Foreign Fling Duet

This was a pretty good book. It almost bogs down with all the constant introspection. It needs some careful editing. Closer to the beginning about three sentences have Caroline talking in the first and third person in the same sentence. Nearer the end there's wrong word used by accident. There was a his for a him or something similar.
Theresa
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Boring

The pacing is slow, the heroines’s CONSTANT second guessing of her own actions and motivations was annoying, and neither main character interested me. In the beginning, there would be sudden shifts in POV that should have been caught in the editing process. I could not find enough interest to continue so I stooped at the 40% mark.
Melissa
Nov 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A beautiful photographer searching for her own path
A pro hockey player trying to leave his rough past behind
I think I've just lost the count of my book boyfriends by now, I swoon so badly with Niklas and Caroline.

Donna
Dec 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
This steamy sports romance has drama, a fresh start, uncertainty, a possible new life and love, a hot alpha hockey player, a lovely but wary photographer, passion and intense heat, will these two get an HEA. Enjoy finding out, I did!

Pauline Norris
Jul 03, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

I found it quite similar to One More Night at the beginning, which was quite off putting. It turned into its own story half way through and got better towards the end. So much so that I’ve just downloaded book 2
Kimberly
Nov 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
The book is a good romance read. The story is a well written read. The characters are good, and they have good chemistry.

Eva Wade
Dec 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this sports romance. this is realistic and draws u in to the romance can't wait for more. I also love the interactions between the characters

Becky
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was ok
Serious need of editing...switches from 1st to 3rd person frequently in the first few chapters. Pleasant romance. Angsty heroine and broody hero that didn't quite pull me in enough to continue the series.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Standing Up
  • Goal (Completion #5)
  • A Gypsy's Kiss (The Sectorium #4)
  • The Start of Something Good (Jamett & Joseph, #1)
  • Reckless Curves
  • Love, Alchemy (Alchemy, #1)
  • The Plan (The Shamed Billionaire, #1)
  • The Future Unborn
  • Dangerously Dark (The Dreamcaster Series, #3)
  • Interference
  • The Right Notes (Love Rocks, #1)
  • Healing Rain (Rain Trilogy, #2)
  • Swing Vote (Safe Harbors, #3)
  • Moon River
  • A Face in the Crowd (The Survival of the Fittest #1)
  • Heart of the Season
  • A Veil of Glass and Rain (A Touch of Cinnamon, #1)
  • Seduction's Canvas (Creative Hearts, #2)
Award-winning author of sensual, emotional adventures of the heart. Reader, traveler, former English teacher, chocolate lover, and keeper of a very messy desk.

Over the years, Rebecca has called many places home, including Michigan, where she grew up, New York City, San Francisco, and, of course, Stockholm, Sweden. After their most recent move from Sweden back to the San Francisco Bay Area, she and

Stockholm Diaries (3 books)
  • Stockholm Diaries, Caroline 2 (The Foreign Fling Duet #2)
  • Stockholm Diaries, Melanie (An Island Romance)