Start by marking “A Beautiful Sin” as Want to Read:
A Beautiful Sin

A Beautiful Sin

4.04  ·  Rating details ·  496 Ratings  ·  154 Reviews
USA TODAY BESTSELLING authors, Terri E. Laine and A.M. Hargrove bring a new full-length standalone, Contemporary Romance novel.

Since I was a boy, my desire was to serve. To give my vows and life over to the Church, despite the corruption in my soul.

Because of it.

I am a sinner. The embodiment of temptation – or so I’ve been told.

Yet I’ve never laid my hands upon a woman.
Published June 23rd 2016

To ask other readers questions about A Beautiful Sin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Beautiful Sin

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

★★★★! A beautiful sin (stand-alone). A love & life story of self-reflection, healing, forgiveness & salvation!

“Haven.” The way he said it felt like a prayer, one for forgiveness I imagines for the sinner I was.”

A Beautiful Sin (stand-alone) is about two lost souls who cross path again after some fifteen years. Father Canaan Sullivan and artist Haven Richardson went to the same Catholic school. It centers around one fateful night that changed the direction of both of their lives.

Sin
Arianna✦❋SteamyReadsBlog❋✦
3.5 Stars!!

description

If you are like me and love taboo stories, then you certainly will enjoy this one. While the story was a little more emotional than I had expected, I enjoyed it. I liked the storytelling a lot and I honestly had a hard time putting this book down…for the most part. These two authors delivered an intriguing tale that had a little bit of everything – drama, angst, romance – which of course I loved.

◆ Anna's ƦªϻƁℓℹռg$ ◆
3.5 STARS

A book about a Catholic priest? Something that can't be missed by a true fan of taboo books like me.

Did I enjoy it? I sure did.

Did I love it? Well, not exactly.

What worked for me:

*The subject matter , obviously. Some readers may feel that the story is too focused on the church and the priesthood but I didn’t mind. I easily connected to this aspect of the story and I found it extremely interesting.

*The hero .
*Secondary characters .
*The writing .

What didn’t work for me:

*The hero
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️

5+ Fantastic, Angsty-emotional Stars!

photo 9BC7A06A-73E9-413C-A831-A540C5A21E53_zps5cebcvlq.gif

Wow! A Beautiful Sin was one of those books I picked up simply from the taboo premise of a priest potentially breaking his vows of chastity. There, I said it. But let me say this, the book blurb doesn't do this book a fraction of the justice it deserves. In fact, the book is so much deeper than the blurb depicts.

I won't go into that much detail because I think experiencing this story is best done with a fresh palate and no preconceived thoughts or direction.
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
༺**Complimentary Copy**༺ Provided by the author
"Terri E. Laine" in exchange for an honest review..Thank you!!

TITLE: A BEAUTIFUL SIN
AUTHOR: Terri E. Laine
GENRE: Contemporary Romance
CHAPTERS: 34 + Epilogue
RELEASE DATE: June 23th, 2016

Warning - A Beautiful Sin is a forbidden romance that blurs lines between passion and religious faith. Please be warned, the subject matter may be offensive to some readers.

MY RATING

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

A BEAUTIFUL SIN: (Told in 'Dual Perspectives' Canaan & Haven)

THEN: As far
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
✝✝✝✝4 Sinful Stars✝✝✝✝

photo 13465986_1315986488414885_6040714030614293561_n.png_zps8xrsr6gh.jpg

"For every action we take, there are always consequences. And my biggest one was I allowed my heart to get wrapped up where it had no business being.

Father Canaan knew he wanted to be a Priest since he was a little boy. He has devoted his life to the church and nothing has ever been more important to him than his faith. But little did he knew that one faithful day when he was younger, would change the course of his future. How could one converation alter his future so
Rebecca Woodward
Jun 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: finished
I thought this would be a hard read for the fact it dealt with a Roman Catholic Priest. I was shocked how much I loved this story. Let me bullet the pros and cons.
Pros:
1. Very well written
2. The characters development is excellent
3. The hard issues were dealt in a sensitive manner
4. A very happy ending
Cons:
2. None.

Be warned this story is about domestic violence and child sexual abuse/molestation. This can trigger some people. I have to say the Authors did an excellent job in telling us about th
Sophie
May 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
A beautiful sin is a story of two people struggling with their demons. Demons that hunt them from the past, and they are still around in different kind of forms and won't let them find the peace they desire. Together but also seperately they will try to fight them off and the question is how is this story going to end and with what cost?

I truly enjoyed this story, it was so different from other stories I've read. To be honest, I had something very sexual and erotic in my mind when I first heard
PBW
Jun 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, favourites, must-read
''5 I have greatly sinned stars''
Once i started this book, it was really hard for me to just stop and return to the present world, so this is a warning: don't start this book if you have anything else planned for that day, because you will find yourself sucked into it's warm embrace where none of you will want to leave.

It's been said that priests are immune to beauty. I say whoever came up with that statement was a blind fool. The woman possessed the rare type of beauty that one never forget
Jen
Jun 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-from-author
So well written but so hard to get through. Review to come.

ARC provided by the authors in exchange for an honest review
AJ
Jun 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: drama, romantic, steamy
An emotional and dramatic forbidden romance – wow this book was a surprise!

4 stars

This book was really different from what I was expecting based on the synopsis. Not that I’m a perve or anything (much), but I was anticipating a forbidden romance full of sexy times. But instead, I got an emotional story that is equal parts drama and romance that had me captivated from start to finish.

“Bless me, Father, for I have sinned…”

Canaan was raised in the Catholic Church and felt a calling on his life
Myla
Jun 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing

I absolutely love everything about book that got me hooked to the story only after flipping some pages.

Canaan Sullivan is the epitome of a much disciplined altar boy. He follows orders never questions, whatever he was summoned to do. Until someone of high authority breaks his trust and made Canaan believe that he deserves what’s being done to him by this despicable person. It gives him nightmares from that experience, as he grows into adulthood and eventually became a priest.

Haven Richardson i
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
Review to come!!

*An advance reading copy was generously provided to me in exchange for an honest review.*

Donna ~ The Romance Cover
A Beautiful Sin by Terri E Laine and AM Hargrove
3.5 stars!!

“This is not a love story, but rather a confession of all my sins.”

I do love a taboo book and I have loved the previous books that these two have collaborated on, so reading A Beautiful Sin was a no brainer for me. As with any Laine and Hargrove book the emotion was on point, the character development was spot on and the plot intriguing, captivating and stunningly beautiful, even though the subject matter, at times was not. But such
Lina's Reviews  ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥ღೋBook Blogღೋ ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥
 photo newreviewbannerfeather_zpspga5dbag.jpg

ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review.
 photo rosebuttonsmall_zpsrpi6fijr.jpg  photo rosebuttonsmall_zpsrpi6fijr.jpg  photo rosebuttonsmall_zpsrpi6fijr.jpg

Author: Terri E. Laine & A.M. Hargrove
Category: Forbidden Romance
POV: Dual POV
Plot:4
Characters: 4
Scorching Level: 3.75
HEA: Not telling

I love forbidden romances; the emotions and struggles they usually portray make for a very intense reading experience.
This book follows the story of Haven & Canaan. Canaan used to be deeply involved in his community's church; from an altar boy he turned out to be a priest. He
* A review copy was provided by the author for the Blog Tour *

~ 5 A Little Heaven on Earth Stars ~

Well I think it is safe to say that Terri E Laine and A.M. Hargrove can do no wrong when it comes to writing books together!! This is the third book by this duo that I have read and the books just keep getting better and better.

I will be honest when I say that A Beautiful Sin may not be for everyone. I myself was hesitant to read this book due to the subject content, but then I figured why not!
Katerina
Jul 05, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: caution-themes
I prefer to read books without religious affiliations, however the synopsis intrigued me. Male protagonist, Canaan is an incredibly devoted Roman Catholic priest, and has followed the path of God since he was a child.

I really didn't like it. Not my cup of tea. He was seriously misguided in his thoughts. It was a mass of contradictions, (inflicting lashes on himself for sinning, and trying to reason with her violent uncle?) She didn't inspire his protective instincts even when she got beaten up.
Ana Rente
Apr 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
ARC provided in exchange for an honest review.

“A beautiful sin” is the third book I read by these two amazing authors and I’m so glad I did it. They didn’t disappoint once again. Honestly, I don’t think they ever will.

I have to start by saying that “A beautiful sin” is indeed beautiful (in every possible way). ABS is about a romance between a priest and a parishioner. It touches very sensitive themes. And though it is not the first book I read focusing on this subject, I found myself devouring e
maggieandteddy
Jun 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
The title and the book blurb says a lot. I read the warning too. I've read a couple of books with
forbidden love as the trope and with a H that's a priest. This isn't just from the H (Canaan)
POV, it also has the h (Haven) POV.
The first 2 chapters or so is really heart breaking- for both Haven and for Canaan.
What each of them goes through, is very topical.
The rest of the story is 14 or so years later. Chicago. Centered around the Holy Cross Catholic Church.
Haven and Canaan had known each other
Kelly - Words We Love By
The duo of A.M Hargrove and Terri E. Laine who are known for their unique plot twist and turns has us once again captivated by this priest who from the beginning makes us want to drop to our knees and worship!
A Beautiful Sin is a story of how a priest finds faith and hope in the most unlikely place and a girl who is looking for peace from her stormy past.
I’m going to try and tell you about this book without getting carried away and telling you all the juicy details…
Canaan has never wanted anyth
⊱ Poppy ⊰
Jul 26, 2016 marked it as arcs-to-review
Me_LissaH
Mar 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Copy received from netgalley in exchange for an honest review

This story is told from dual POVs Canaan and Haven met has kids and never forgot about each other, when they meet again Canaan is a priest and Haven is a successful artist. I loved the chemistry between the two characters and I felt for what they went through. But the relationship could have been developed more it felt rushed. I didn’t must care for Haven’s aunt that part bored me the important events needed more attention. I also didn
Jabberwocky

Safe: (view spoiler)
Blog: HERE

♥ A Beautiful Sin

description

Absolute in its temptation—a book that will seduce you into its heartfelt pages...full review to come

Hero: 5-Stars
Dialogue: 5-Stars
Writing:
Tash
Jun 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Father Bell got some competition!
Addicted2Books
description
This is a forbidden romance story with a bit of a twist. Canaan and Haven went through some pretty bad childhood traumas. Maybe that's why they were so drawn to eathother. The forbidden part? Canaan is a Roman Catholic Priest.

Even though they knew it was a big no no, they still continued to see eachother. At first, Canaan just wanted Haven's forgiveness. He felt responsible for Haven's living nightmare. Then it progressed into a "friendship." When fireworks go off like the Fourth of July, the
Christen
Jun 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc

“Amazaboobs!’

ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review.

I could not put this book down and read it in one sitting. My initial thoughts upon finishing it was what a beautiful story this was. The writing was smooth and hooked me from the very beginning, it was sensitive of the subject matter and very emotional. Canaan’s character was absolutely captivating, he shined, he’s a bright light and beautiful soul.

With that said I’m having a hard time rating A Beautiful Sin. I wanted a bit mor
Peggy Lee (Reading Keeps Me Sane)
Do not judge this story based on it's blurb. Yes, there is a love story involved but it's not the focus. The characters both return home, back to confront the demons of their past. Honestly, I had to stop reading at one point to take a breather. Their stories are emotionally draining. The love story provided the HEA that was much needed after the painful revelations of their past.

Haven's newly found success has brought her back home to Chicago. In returning home she faces her past while trying
Heather Carver
May 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

This book wasn't what I was expecting. I went into this book blind. If you've read the other books by Am Hargrove and Terri E Laine you'd think it was going to be Jenna's story, but it isn't. So imagine my surprise when I thought I was getting a HAWT love triangle and it isn't. This book won't be for everyone. It is a taboo story, but I LOVED it!!

I felt so much sadness for Canaan and Haven. They both lived very difficult lives and they both went two separate ways to forget about their
Zoe  James
May 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was given this book as an arc. I have read all Terri's books and thought i knew what to expect, but boy was i wrong! This book will make you feel sad and then happy smiling all on the same page. It didnt offend me in anyway. The characters are described well from the start and you feel like you know them by the end. The story is not a typical love story but that is what makes this story fab! All i can say is please read it as i am positive you will enjoy and love it like me! It left me with a ...more
Mollien Fote Osterman
Page Count: 330 pages
Heat Level: 3 flames out of 5
Rating: 4 stars out of 5
Blurb:

***From USA Today Bestselling Authors, A.M. Hargrove and Terri E. Laine, comes a standalone, Forbidden Love Story.

Since I was a boy, my desire was to marry the church. To give my vows and life over to God despite the corruption in my soul.

I am a sinner, the embodiment o
  • Foolproof Love
  • When There is Hope
  • Black Widow
  • Inappropriate (Bristol Island, #2)
  • Salvage
  • Tapped (Totaled, #2)
  • Bet on Me (In the Dark, #2)
  • Quiet Angel
  • A Broken Kind of Beautiful
  • Getting Hot (Jail Bait, #3)
  • Becoming His Muse - Part 3 (Becoming His Muse, #3)
  • Physical Distraction (Sinful Suspense, #1)
  • The Perfect Life
  • Reprieve
  • Salvatore (Benedetti Brothers #1)
  • Out of Focus (Chosen Paths, #3)
  • My Skater Boy (X-Treme Boys Series, #2)
  • Pulled Within (Bar Harbor, #2)
Terri E. Laine, USA Today bestselling author, left a lucrative career as a CPA to pursue her love for writing. Outside of her roles as a wife and mother of three, she’s always been a dreamer and as such became an avid reader at a young age.

Many years later, she got a crazy idea to write a novel and set out to try to publish it. With over a dozen titles published under various pen names, the rest

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
  • A Girl's Best Friend
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
  • The Fixer Upper
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
  • The Cafe by the Sea
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Dodging Temptation
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
  • Bittersweet
  • The Light In Summer
    $5.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Heirs of Grace
  • Storm Bound (Grim, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Valiant (Spy Girl Book 4)
  • Wrecked
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Sapphire Heist (Jewel, #2)
  • The Other Side of the Story
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Out of Focus (Adams Grove, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • What If
  • Impossible Saints
    $22.73 $1.99
  • Hudson (Fixed, #4)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Only a Millionaire (The Sinclairs #6.5)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Elite (Eagle Elite, #1)
  • Kulti
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Soul Summoner  (The Soul Summoner, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • April / May / June (Calendar Girl #4-6)
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Lumière (The Illumination Paradox, #1)
  • Valorous (Quantum, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tempting Dusty (Temptation Saga, #1)
  • When Never Comes
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Misadventures with the Boss (Misadventures, #12)
  • The End of the Affair
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Baby Daddy
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twice Bitten (Argeneau #27)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Misadventures of a Good Wife (Misadventures, #6)
  • Calendar Girl: Volume Three
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Love and Other Unknown Variables
    $7.99 $0.99
  • Storm Warned (Grim, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Real Thing (Sugar Lake, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Bronze Horseman (The Bronze Horseman, #1)
  • A Messy, Beautiful Life
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Pestilence (The Four Horsemen, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Twisted Up (Taking Chances, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Forged In Ash (Red-Hot SEALs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Fangs and Fennel (The Venom Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“It’s been said that priests are immune to beauty. I say whoever came up with that statement was a blind fool.” 1 likes
“She was all I could ever want and never have.” 0 likes