Start by marking “Arresting Desire (Sexy Capers, #2.5)” as Want to Read:
Arresting Desire (Sexy Capers, #2.5)

Arresting Desire

(Sexy Capers #2.5)

In this short story from New York Times bestselling author Shayla Black, a sexy professor is looking for a lesson in love — and a hard-bodied FBI Agent is on the case.

Agent Jon Bocelli never stopped wanting beautiful professor Lucia DiStefano. She's interested in taking her first lover, and he intends to be that man. But when her past puts her life in danger, Jon risks eve
Published November 15th 2016 by InterMix (first published July 14th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Arresting Desire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Arresting Desire

Start your review of Arresting Desire (Sexy Capers, #2.5)
GimmeAllTheWerdssss
Jan 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 to short but Shayla def knows how to write a Dom stars.
Rachel- Goodbye Borders
Oct 19, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: read-2017
Lucia: super smart academic who just turned 25. She also happens to be a virgin. Oh and she's part of a mob family. Yep, those last 2 sentences.
Jon: a 35 year old FBI agent. He was undercover 2 years ago and met Lucia. He's been HOT for Lucia ever since. Oh, and he's got SO much sexual experience. Of course he does.
This could have been good, but instead just annoyed me. I lost tract of how many times I rolled my eyes. I guess I'm still in my bitchy mood. Whatever.
Jennifer Mcclarity
Jul 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed it.

So I met Jon in Belong to Me (Wicked Lover’s Book 5) and have read the other two books in the Sexy Caper’s series a long time ago and never realized Lucia and Jon had their own short story. I’m so glad I found it. I enjoyed reading about them and getting their HEA. The little bit of trouble in the book was good and added a bit of mystery to the story. The book was well written but I wish the ending was just a bit longer. So glad I found this book though.
Romanticamente Fantasy
Eccomi qui ragazze… Ho letto per voi “Sogno inconfessabile” della mitica Shayla Black.

Questa è una novella della serie Sexy Capers. Potete tranquillamente leggere solo questo, in quanto è un auto conclusivo, ma sicuramente se leggete prima gli altri potrete capire meglio la storia che circonda i nostri protagonisti.

Io amo la Black e ho deciso di recensire questa novella perché ne ho sentite di cotte e di crude su questo terzo capitolo della serie.

Sicuramente ognuna di noi, prima di acquistare un
Limecello
Dec 13, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018
Definitely my favorite book of the Sexy Capers series.
However, it felt like this novella was ... missing parts?
I mean I GET that this was a novella. (And it seems at times Shayla Black novellas are SHORT ...)

but like we really jump into things; in that some scenes are almost overdeveloped, and then BAM you're almost slapped in the face by them jumping to the next level.
And everyone being ok with Jon basically kidnapping Lucia?
Also hello the danger? Also also oh my gooooooood the heavy handed
Blanca
Mar 06, 2017 rated it liked it
I think I may have read this book but the ending was totally different. So it was interesting and I do find the character of Jon Bocelli interesting. His interest in Lucia DeStefano was what makes the reading worthy. Lucia is a woman who has sped along the educational track due to her amazing intellect so she has been slowed down in the emotional and social areas, that is to say she is a twenty-five year old virgin. Jon took care of that in a very sexy scene. A must read for Shayla Black fans.
Christine Jalili
Dec 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved this novella.

I think I read this out of order, so I’m going to read the other books in this series. Jon is trying to figure out who framed his brother. He’s never forgotten Lucia and now he’s back. He won’t back away this time. She’s been given a clue, can they figure out who killed her Dad? I loved this book and that they do get a happy ever after. I highly recommend this book.
Robyn
This book seemed like it was leading into a bigger picture.... I would love to see more of this relationship. As short stories go, it was a bit choppy with large chunks that seemed to have been edited out .. even an extra 20 pages would have made this a smoother story. All in all, well enjoyed.
TinaMarie
Mar 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Penny
Jan 12, 2019 rated it it was ok
Narrater needs to be able to do an acceptable male voice.
Kl
Aug 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
As always Shayla Black write a great story. Although the story was complete it was very short. So only 4 stars. I always prefer books 400+ pages.
Patty
Tammy Casteel
Jul 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Love it
Feb 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Il libro mi è piaciuto ma non abbastanza perché era fin troppo semplice e scontato. Per i miei gusti era alquanto banale e lo ritengo un buon erotico
Nicole
Jan 24, 2017 rated it liked it
Jon always wanted the beautiful Lucia, but she was off limits. He was working undercover with the FBI to take down her father.

Lucia has never thought of herself as beautiful. She has led a sheltered life and now that she’s 25 she has made plans to celebrate her birthday at a resort with her best friend.

But when Jon walks back into her life everything changes. Can she be the woman he needs, can he be the man she wants? And when her life is in danger, Jon will do anything he can to save her.

My on
Diane
Jan 27, 2017 rated it liked it
Not really BDSM

Been looking forward to this novella as I met the H/h in a previous book called Strip Search. Enjoyable until the end. Likable Charachters. No real BDSM scenes and the H collars the h in the last scene in the book with a collar he bought from Tiffany. Not really believable. Other than that, Pretty good
Trish-Sunshine Reads
Dec 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Gotta love a cop, right? This was a short hot story. Jon spent time undercover and had to stay hands off with Lucia. She is done tired of being a virgin and is going to fixed that problem. A little bit of drama, a little bit of sex, and little bit of bad guys coming after you make a great story.
Amira S.
Sep 07, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Beret Brenckman
Hated that it was mob family (hers)/ and FBI agent (his) and didn't like the extra characters ...more
Lidia
Nov 26, 2016 rated it it was ok
I couldn't decide if laughing , rolling my eyes or take offense as a modern woman, while I read this story. It is a no no story in so many way. ...more
Gloria75
Sep 10, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook
3 e mezzo....troppo breve,
L
Nov 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
onder deel van hot in handcuffs
Stavroula
Feb 18, 2018
Julia Ritsan
Nov 14, 2018
Cherie
rated it did not like it
Jan 18, 2017
Theresa
Dec 27, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Bound and Determined (Sexy Capers, #1)
  • Strip Search (Sexy Capers, #2)
  • Hot in Handcuffs
  • Il gioco dei sensi
  • Watch Me
  • A Perfect Match
  • One Wicked Night
  • Don't Let Go (Hope, #6)
  • Dirty Doctor (Steamy Coffee Collection, #2)
  • Cocky Client (Steamy Coffee Collection, #3)
  • Dominik (Arizona Vengeance, #6)
  • The One Night Stand Before Christmas (Reindeer Falls, #3)
  • The Baby Maker (Hunter Brothers, #1)
  • The Troublemaker (Hunter Brothers, #2)
  • The Heartbreaker (Hunter Brothers, #3)
  • Duke of Midnight (Maiden Lane, #6)
  • Tacker (Arizona Vengeance, #5)
  • Seven Secrets of Seduction (Secrets, #1)
Shayla Black is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of nearly eighty novels. For twenty years, she’s written contemporary, erotic, paranormal, and historical romances via traditional, independent, foreign, and audio publishers. Her books have sold millions of copies and been published in a dozen languages.

Raised an only child, Shayla occupied herself with lots of daydreaming, much

Sexy Capers (2 books)
  • Bound and Determined (Sexy Capers, #1)
  • Strip Search (Sexy Capers, #2)