Start by marking “As La Vista Turns (Queers of La Vista, #5)” as Want to Read:
As La Vista Turns  (Queers of La Vista, #5)

As La Vista Turns

(Queers of La Vista #5)

Zane Jaffe has almost lost track of what conception cycle she’s in. (That’s a lie: this is cycle thirteen.) She’s fake-dating her pal Mildred to get her best friend off her back, but judging by how hot it was when they accidentally kissed, her feelings might be somewhat less platonic than she’d thought.

And she’s decided that healing the fractured local queer community can
Published February 27th 2017 by Riptide Publishing

To ask other readers questions about As La Vista Turns, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about As La Vista Turns

K.J. Charles
A great end to a terrific series. This should definitely be read as book 5 of 5, in order, a) because you want to read all of them, and b) because it ties up loads of loose ends, and has a lot to do with the murder mystery that comes to a head in #4.

First person, with Zane's voice coming across loud, clear and fun. There's a lot going on in this book other than the romance--Zane's extremely well conveyed need to get pregnant, the drive to heal the community damaged by a killer, a near-victim's
Starsandsun18
Feb 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow! This is my first book from the author and I must say I totally liked it! At first, I was scared to read it because I didn't know if I'll even understand the story considering this is the fifth installment of the series and I haven't got any clue on what's going on. But, I took the risk and I'm really glad I did. ❤ Just read all the blurbs of the first 4 books so that I have a little background on past MCs and amazingly it worked for me. Yes of course there were times that I'm lost on what t ...more
Lexxi Kitty
*I received this book from NetGalley and Riptide Publishing in return for a fair review.*

This book stars Suzanne ‘Zane’ Jaffe who is thirty-five, works in real estate, is a lesbian, and – throughout the course of this series – more exactly for the past 12/13 months, she has been attempting to become pregnant through artificial means. While that has been going on, around month 3 or 5, Zane started ‘dating’ another woman named Dred (Mildred) who has a kid of her own (baby James). Pretend dating –
Ariadna
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was ok
Actual rating: 2.8

At first, my excitement for this book was v. strong: I’m always on the lookout for well-written F/F, I had already met most of the characters via previous books, and Ripper is a pretty good author. Despite not being a huge fan of pregnancy stories, I was ready for Zane’s story.

There were 2 things that got on my nerves, i.e. really didn’t work for me:

- The pregnancy plot

This book goes in deep about Zane’s obsession with wanting to be with child. As the A Plot, the bulk of the b
Sheryl Beesley
Feb 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
what a great way to end the series.... I loved, loved, loved, the family dynamic between Dred, Obie and Emerson with Baby James.... Chosen family for the win....
Nicole Field
Jan 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, f-f
NetGalley Review

And we come to the end of this wonderful series. I couldn't have been more happy than to see Zane end up with Dred, and the family that was beginning to be built at the very start of this series with her, Obie, Emerson and baby James.

This story had a real family focus to it; family, and the different kinds of family that queer people can build. The focus was on those living in the farm house together, mentioned above, but there were also a couple of references to the polyamorous family that was
Veronica of V's Reads
4.5 Stars.

Zane Jaffe is a realtor who’s got a list for her life. Right now, the top priority is to get pregnant, though she’s a single lesbian woman. She’s been “fake dating” her friend “Dred” (short for Mildred) a cantankerous black pan-sexual woman who is raising an infant son with the help of her cousin Obie and his boyfriend Everett–who live in a big farmhouse on the edge of La Vista. (Obie and Everett are the couple from Gays of our Lives). Thing is, Zane’s sorta/kinda wanting more than a f
Jade
Jun 21, 2017 added it
DNF
This series was just not for me at all. Which sucks because I was really excited when I heard about it.

This one was, to be honest, really boring, and the main characters were bland as fuck. I didn't care about their boring lists and life goals, or the desperation that one of the characters (I honestly can't remember their names because in my head I kept referring to them as the Bland Squad) had for having a kid (maybe that's because I don't like kids and never plan on having any...).

Also, th
Crystal Marie
May 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Having been invested in this series since the beginning, I couldn’t wait to see how it was going to end. Especially after the suspense was ended in the last book in the series, I wanted to see how things would end up with everyone. Find out how they are all adjusting after finding out who the killer was.

Zane has been a favorite character of mine since the start – and the fact that this is her book? Made it all the better. I must admit though, since Zane was my favorite, I was a bit worried that
Cleo
Jul 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love, love this whole series. It's the urban, queer version of a small town romance series that I didn't know I needed, but I did. It centers around a scruffy queer bar and a queer youth center in a fictional version of Oakland CA.

This is the 5th and last book. It's not at all stand alone, in my opinion. There's an over arching murder mystery that was solved in book 4 and there's a lot about healing the community from the earlier string of murders. I suppose you could read it without reading
Sarah Swarthout
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was the perfect ending to this wonderful series, in my opinion. I love love love Zane and I'm so glad we finally got her story. I think I still relate most to Cam, but there are 100% things Zane's dealing with that I am just like, Me???
I was relieved when the murderer got caught in the last book, but I'm so much more grateful that we got further closure in this book! Excellent, thought-provoking handling of queer community and all the complexity we encounter.
I just, these books are perfect.
Pernilla
The love story didn't grip me as hard in this one, much like The Queer and the Restless, but the story about how the community deals with the aftermath of the murder spree did. This is what sets this series apart from your usual murder mystery stories; this was never about the solving of a crime, but about how people -- especially people who are already marginalised and targeted in numerous ways -- are impacted by a situation that threatens the bonds of their community and their support structur ...more
Alicia
Dec 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A really good ending to the series. As well as getting Zane's story, I was really pleased that the serial killer arc didn't just end with the capture, that we got to see the aftermath and check in with everybody.
Leah
Rep: lesbian MC, pansexual LI, black LI, biracial LI, fat LI

Warnings: slurs, gendered slurs, ableism, pregnancy / insemination, suicide mention
Bitterblue
Feb 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It's so good! I wish Kris Ripper would write more f/f.
A
Nov 28, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: l-b-romance
Didn't really like it for most of the book, but stuck with it and liked the resolution.

Have enjoyed the diversity of the queer community in Ripper's books.
Sascha Broich
Mar 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
With the quilting taking (felt) half of the book, one has to consider this patch work symptomatic for the story.
If you did not read the previous books, the plentiful characters are quite confusing.
Julie
Mar 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Teaser
As La Vista Turns, book number five in Kris Ripper’s Queers of La Vista series, gets a big four hearts from me and was quite enjoyable as a standalone read.

I found myself enjoying the realness of situations in this book, even when the story brought up difficult feelings and situations.

Ripper pulls you into the lives of the La Vista crew and you share their joys as well as their sorrows as you would any of your closest friends.

Read Full Review at Kimmers’ Erotic Book Banter
Claire
Mar 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
This was charming, and a really nice bookend to the series as a whole, with plenty of on-going glimpses into the lives of characters previous books were based around. I really enjoy and appreciate the sense of community and interlocking lives that this series is built on, it rings very true to me. Really loved getting to see more of Dred and Zane, and also to meet Aunt Florence. :D

(Also, the author's note at the end made me feel a lot of feelings in this, our current timeline.)
Vendela
Feb 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
This series keeps getting better. I'm so glad it exists. The first couple of books were okay, but this one and the last one are wonderful.
Angie
Sep 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was a great book that ends an awesome series! Zane has been a supporting character in all the previous books in the La Vista series. Dred was introduced in the first book in the series, Gays of Our Lives. Zane has been trying to get pregnant since we met her. She lives by her lists. Dred is a new mother with a free snarky spirit. Neither of them wants to fall in love. But sometimes what you want is not what you need. I really enjoyed these two figuring that out!
This can be read as a standal
Pam Faste aka Peejakers
Apr 06, 2017
Lori
Apr 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My favourite of the series. I want more of this cast of characters!
Nikki Hastings
Jan 17, 2019
J
Mar 02, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »
Kris Ripper lives in the great state of California and zir pronouns are ze/zir. Kris shares a converted garage with a kid, can do two pull-ups in a row, and can write backwards. (No, really.) Ze has been writing fiction since ze learned how to write, and boring zir stuffed animals with stories long before that.

Queers of La Vista (5 books)
  • Gays of Our Lives (Queers of La Vista, #1)
  • The Butch and the Beautiful  (Queers of La Vista, #2)
  • The Queer and the Restless  (Queers of La Vista, #3)
  • One Life to Lose  (Queers of La Vista, #4)