Start by marking “Born to be Bound (Alpha's Claim, #1)” as Want to Read:
Born to be Bound (Alpha's Claim, #1)

Born to be Bound

(Alpha's Claim #1)

Original cover/edition for ASIN B01E1HQ57O

Librarian Note: This book is part of a series and ends in a cliffhanger.

Surrender is not survival.

Claire is desperate. Her once thriving city lies in ruins. The strongest of the three human dynamics, Alphas, have grown feral. Common Betas circle like vultures. The lowest in the hierarchy, rare and weak Omegas like Claire, are being
Published April 8th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Born to be Bound, please sign up.

Start your review of Born to be Bound (Alpha's Claim, #1)
ZARIA (Sheldon Cooper lover)
May 29, 2016 rated it did not like it

I heard that the hero is a big-time-CHEATER-whore
I hate those!

Here ya go!
Fre06 Begum
Sophie
Apr 10, 2016 rated it did not like it

WTF book ?!

description

This book doesn't deserve any star as there is a HUGE cliffhunger and absolutly no indication nor warning about it. I hate HATE that !! I always feel like it is a cheap way for writters to force us into reading all their books :( :(

(view spoiler)

description

Apr 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I don't think this book is for everyone. If you are expecting some fluffy fake non-con romance where the male lead is really just a sensitive misunderstood alpha male, and the characters fall in love with some naughty bits in it...well move along. This is the real deal...its raw, dark, gritty, sinful and not for the faint at heart. Also, yes, it is kinda short, but it is a debut novel that ends on a sudden literal and figurative clift hanger. But don't get your knickers in a twist...If you ...more
Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
Wasn't sure what I was going to think when I started to read this book but boy in a word AMAZING!!!!. I love the whole idea of omega's, beta's and Alpha's the whole concept of Heat cycle's nesting and pair mates was so very unique.
A very quick explanation of Born to be Bound is Claire goes to try and secure help for her fellow omega's after the undercroft (prison system for the domed city) has been overtaken toppling the city's government.
The omegas are starving and being hunted.
Instead,
Deborah
Feb 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well I’m certainly glad I waited until all three books were out before I read this.
I’ve been wanting to read this for awhile but it turned out it wasn’t anything like I expected.

I love a good dystopian and I loved this but I have to say it was a different kind of read. Generally there’s a whole load of world building but here we discovered this world as the story progressed. This means there’s a settling in period and even when the book ends there’s so much we don’t know or understand.

I loved
Naksed
This was one of the most insane books I have ever read and that is saying a lot. It was a combination of an old timey captor-captive bodice-ripper, a futuristic Mad Max style dystopia and a modern, very dark erotica, all drowning in a heavy dose of Stockholm Syndrome. I am definitely giving kudos to the author for a very creative and unique world building. It was like nothing I have ever read before. The dome, the classes of people, the concept of estrous (shudder), the state of utter anarchy ...more
Aisling Zena
May 31, 2016 marked it as nope-not-on-your-chinny-chin-chin
To my safety gang gals:
(view spoiler)
Hana ♡
4 Conflicting Stars

DAMMIT! WHY!!!! This had such a good start with so much potential! I was loving it and then the ending had to happen and everything went to shit!!!

Let me rewind here. Claire is an Omega who is off to try to save her fellow Omegas who are starving because of the recent events occurring in their society. She goes to the Alpha leader Shepherd to seek help..but then she goes into heat and he claims her. Some stuff goes down she tries to escape, he wont let her etc etc...

I really
Hollie
I should have taken the warning listed in the beginning of this book serious. It is dark. I read a lot of dark romances etc. and usually like them for the most part but this one was a overall pretty repulsive to me.

SPOILERS AHEAD

This book also had many of my MOST hated book qualities:

* rape (repeatedly)
* Cheater (I don't give a shit about the circumstances, the heroine was pregnant and her mate fucked another woman while she was listening to it all, and he was even aware...............I don't
Am4u ❀ ~ AprilMarie4u ~ ❀
Apr 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of MF Dark Science Fiction Erotica.
Recommended to Am4u ❀ ~ AprilMarie4u ~ ❀ by: June's BOTM for the Dark Erotica group on Goodreads.
Main genre: Science Fiction
Other genres: Dystopian, Paranormal, & Dark Erotica

General Thoughts:

I really liked the world and storyline, but the main focus is on the characters. I felt a lot of conflicting emotions for both Shepherd & Claire (the main characters). They repeatedly hurt each other over and over again, it was heart wrenching to read.

Despite Shepherd being a very bad man that does awful things, I felt a lot of sympathy for him. His beliefs are in direct opposition of
~Merrideth Hawk ~Filthy Fahrenheit Book Blog~
4.5 Stars (pushed up to 5-Stars)
~Update Sept 2018: This was one of my first dark romances and I have come to realize just how amazing it is after reading other dark romance novels. There are huge underlying themes written behind the sentences of this novel that pertain to issues in modern society. . .themes many of the reviews for this novel have completely overlooked or perhaps they went whizzing over their heads. I have found myself pondering these themes long after reading was complete. I
Katydid
Apr 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was led to this book by the buzz it created on various Amazon threads. To be absolutely, 100% transparent, this book is for those who can enjoy a non-con erotic horror, and the author most definitely advertises it as such. The world-building in this paranormal dystopia is flawless; the author deftly establishes the setting without the dreaded info dump. The male mc is no hero, but the heroine is as strong-willed as they come, though she's at a clear disadvantage. It's riveting watching her ...more
Indelicate Reviews by DD
Omg! Omg! Omg!

Just finished this read and my heart is pounding!

In Cain’s world Omegas go through a heat that can break the strongest Alpha. In those world Omega’s are being sexually abused, kept as slaves and dying at a high rate. Claire has been with an Omega group in hiding and forced to seek out Shepherd before they all starve. She believes she took a pill to prevent her heat and wore clothes covered in dead men’s sent to hide what she is...but he knows. And he takes her.

Shepherd is a
Melanie A.
Sep 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fast-paced, twisted, and down-right weird! I loved it!

In an already post-apocalyptic world, where humans are basically enslaved by their genetics - as either alphas, betas, or omegas - the government has been overthrown by a group of escaped convicts. Their goal? The violent destruction of society as everyone knows it.

The story opens with Claire, a starving Omega, risking her life to approach Shephard, the new alpha leader, to plead for help. It doesn't go well for her. She goes into heat and
Lyn
3.5
It took me awhile to catch on to what was going on with this book. Other then the synopsis, the author does a poor job of giving any background of the characters, their culture, the plot..etc. She just plunges into the story. At first I thought maybe I wasn’t reading book 1. The author also does a poor job of giving a detailed description of the characters physical appearance. Other then eye and hair color and stating that the Alpha is huge with a scarred lip and the Omega is very small
Dana aka ♥Belladonna♥
While I've read loads of PNR, this is my first Omegaverse book. (At least, I think I have that right. Please educate me if I'm wrong.) If you are a fan of PNR, you would probably like this world. If you are a fan of dystopian sci-fi, you would probably like this world, too.

I'm busy moving on to book 2. ;)
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
You know those stories that are going so well, you're so absorbed you can't stop to do anything you must do to sustain your lifestyle... like work or clean or feed your kids... You just have to keep reading to figure out what's next?

This was one of those kinds of reads. It wasn't romantic but it was hella explicit and dirty and all shades of wrong. The idea of consent was a pipe dream, there was power exchange, there was a war-torn society, there were all shades of darkness.

And then the
Carvanz
This is a totally new genre for me and I was, and yes, still, a little apprehensive about it. However, despite the actions of this hero, I enjoyed this story and I’m curious to see what happens next. As many reviewers have shared, Shepherd does something at the end of this book that is quite unforgiving for many readers, myself included. But somewhere in the back of my mind I want it to be not exactly as it seems. I do enjoy a bit of a twist in the books I read and I’m hoping that I will find ...more
Jacqueline's Reads
3.5 Stars

I read Branded Captive which is the author’s newest book and so I was curious to the other books. I highly recommend you read Born to be Bound prior to reading Branded Captive because it gives you a bit more insight to the Alpha and Omega world. It makes more sense now.

This one is less smutty and longer than Branded Captive so look at it more as a full-length erotic novel.

There were parts I enjoyed and some parts I found lacking. I found that I didn’t really care for the politics of
 Rosebud
In the midst of anarchy one entity rises above others to instill order though it's because no one dare cross him lest they be killed by beheading, skinned alive, or, if he's in a good mood, simple execution or hanging. Shepherd, escaped convict of the Undercroft, now ruler of all of Tholos Dome.

Being at the bottom of the power grid hierarchy, Omegas have had to go into hiding though it's becoming more and more difficult to survive due to lack of food, resources, food, housing, food, clean
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
3 's

A non GRs friend who loves kindle freebies told me I had to read this scifi erotica and although it has some tough circumstances she couldn't get over how cheesy it was. And I have to agree.

The book reminded me a lot of Lora Leigh's Breed series...the Alphas, the mating and the animalistic qualities.

The people live in Domes - apparently something happened to the Earth that was never fully explained - and there was an outbreak of this Dome's prison-like population with Shepherd heading the
Nickcole
May 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Rating: 4

At times I didn't understand the story because the author only feed you little pieces of information at a time. At the end, when things were explained better, I had an OH SHIT moment and I can't wait to see where book two takes us. I really loved Claire and how she tried to stay strong and stand up for the Omegas. Sheperd was a different matter for me because in the beginning I kind of liked him, but after the part with Svana I think I lost it a little. How could he tie Claire to him,
D.D. Prince
Jan 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Holy shit. I can't even.
I'm glad book two is out. Off I go to dig in.

Shepherd, as horrible as he was...he was winning me over. Until .....yeah, (view spoiler) Motherfucker.

I can't wrap my head around it and felt the same depths of despair Claire felt. I physically slumped and put my Kindle down and had to take a minute...

Wow.
This one is dark. Damn dark. This alpha is an alphahole and (view spoiler).

But, I need to know what
Becca
I have mixed feelings about this book. On the one hand it was a story that grabbed me from the start and held my interest right through to the end. Unfortunately it has a frustrating cliff-hanger at the end which irked me to no end since the next book isn't out yet. The book description doesn't specifically say it has a cliff-hanger, but it is implied and, if I'd just read the reviews, I would have known to expect it.

This world is brutal, both dystopian and paranormal. There are many graphic sex
Just Josie
I feel so conflicted.

I love books that gets me all pissed off. And this book certainly did. I WAS MAD! The tension was thick, and the anger evident, but so many things lacked for me to truly enjoy it.

I think the general explanation of the world and the characters background was lacking severely.
It was really hard to get a sense of the surroundings, and the culture of the humans living in the Dome. And they were humans, even though they have so many similarities to shifters.
I do love it when
Sammy
Apr 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 STARS

This book is a very very dark take on the A/B/O dynamics and something quite different from what I have read concerning these dynamics. This isn't for the faint heart so if you are looking for any rainbows and ponies here, you will not find it.

The story takes place in a very dystopian world where civilization flourishes under dome that is until Alpha Shephard rises from the belly of the undercroft creating chaos.

Claire is an omega and omega's are pretty rare. She was already hiding
Meredith
4.75 stars.

The Omegaverse genre is new to me, but I'm starting to really like the sci-fi/dystopian world that is in this genre. I put off reading this genre forever because of the class names: Alpha/Beta/Omega rubbed me the wrong way....idk it seemed kind of cheesy to me. The social stratification, power imbalances, and people fighting against the system is really appealing to me though. I like the bio-weapon element that was briefly discussed in this book (when the Enforcers discussed that

• Crave to Conquer (Myth of Omega, #1)
  • Omega's Deception (Omegas of Pandora, #1)
  • Crave to Capture (Myth of Omega, #2)
  • Crave to Claim (Myth of Omega, #3)
  • Omega's Capture (Omegas of Pandora, #2)
  • Reign to Ravage (Myth of Omega, #5)
  • Hunting the Renegade Omega (The Hunt, #1)
  • Taken By The Alpha (Knotted Omega, #1)
  • Reign to Ruin (Myth of Omega, #4)
  • Reign to Rule (Myth of Omega, #6)
  • Own to Obey (Myth of Omega, #7)
  • Omega's Binding (Omegas of Pandora #3)
  • Obsession (Feral, #1)
  • Wanted By The Alpha (Knotted Omega, #0.5)
  • Broken (Omega's Destruction #1)
  • Despair (Feral #2)
  • Own To Obtain (Myth Of Omega, #9)
  • Primal Possession (Alphas of Sandor #1)
USA TODAY bestselling author and Amazon Top 25 bestselling author, Addison Cain is best known for her dark romances, smoldering paranormal suspense, and twisted alien worlds. Her antiheroes are not always redeemable, her lead females stand fierce, and nothing is ever as it seems.

Deep and sometimes heart wrenching, her books are not for the faint of heart. But they are just right for those who

Alpha's Claim (4 books)
  • Born to be Broken (Alpha's Claim, #2)
  • Reborn (Alpha's Claim, #3)
  • Stolen (Alpha’s Control, #1)