Start by marking “Right of Capture” as Want to Read:
Right of Capture

Right of Capture

In this science fiction adventure, the first in a five book cycle, shape-shifting creatures and deadly portals have appeared, made possible by an otherworldly energy that exists not buried in deep pockets underground, but deep inside two children, Roan and Judge Gorey.

Dimond Industries claims a cure to their condition, but at what price? Possession requires containment, an
Expected publication: October 13th 20016 by Pelekinesis

Barry Canton
Sep 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Deese introduces us to characters who are richly human, even when they are superhuman. Their action-packed story sweeps us along punctuated with a few injections of the supernatural. As scientists learn to read and write the code of life, Right of Capture imagines a future where glitches in the code have unimagined consequences…
Denise MacPhail
Sep 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I often judge how much I enjoy a book by how much I miss the characters once I’ve finished. I guess I like getting to know those in the story as much as I love the story itself! I am pleased to share that I went through a bit of withdrawal after finishing Right of Capture, because I not only wanted to continue the journeys of siblings Roan and Judge with their mysterious and powerful “gifts,” but I missed just spending time with them and the other colorful characters in their world. It’s been aw ...more
Amelia
Dec 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
I loved how this book was written, I think it was a great choice to have the diffrent perspectaves in this kind of story. All I want to do is read the next book to find out what happens next. Isadora Deese is an amazing author, and i am proud to have read this book.
Rachel
Dec 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really liked the way that this was structured. The different perspectives added a lot to it. I don't usually read a lot of sci-fi, but I really liked this one. The characters really came to life for me. The ending was a little confusing, but in the last chapter it started to make much more sense.
Marcelo da Silva
Oct 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Try to establish a connection between technology, art, and our enviroment is a hard task, but the author Isadora Deese makes this such a natural and intriguing way that leaves us wondering about our Universe. I received an advance copy of Right of Capture and I immediately read the description imagining how amazing that romance about the Gorey children could be. I was not wrong. Right of Capture is a exciting and revealing adventure. I'm looking forward the next chapter of this fascinating story ...more
Karla Zielinski
Aug 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Compelling! From the first page to the last, action and intrigue jumped off of the pages. Very well written; I loved it and I'm not usually drawn to science fiction. The book ended way too soon! I would recommend this book to anyone that loves a good story.
Mariella
Mar 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
'Right of Capture' by Isadora Deese, is a really good book. Although at times I was confused, it was non stop action. It's a good book.
Marcia Ross
May 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing

I read about one science fiction book about every quarter century, but Right of Capture, which came to me unexpectedly -- a fluke, really -- has turned my aversion into something of a courtship. It's not just that the story is well told (it's extremely clever, funny, and intelligent), or that the issues it brings up are relevant (too complicated to describe, but the question of the the possibility of evil as an embedded or causal or natural thing in children is one of the book's crucial cruxes
Rita
May 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was absolutely amazing! Usually, books this long bore me but this book really kept me hooked. Even though it took me a lot longer than I would have liked to, because I was read 2 other books at the same time, I still really enjoyed it. The concept in this book, of cosmic hiccups and vaks and streamers was a broad, hard topic to tackle, but I think Isadora Deese did a very good job
Nathan
Nov 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really loved the book, it was written bey one of my friends mom and this is her first book ,and it was amazing. Two children break the laws of our universe and use there very dangerous powers alot they both hate each other and seek revenge. on the way they team up with the good and bad guys. it was a really good book especially for the first in a series.
Evan
Apr 07, 2017 rated it liked it
I thought this book was okay. I liked how the author made sequences in the book. They made a few chapters then a sequence. I liked the action packed part as well.
Cole
Feb 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book was good definitely one of the4 better books I have read this year. I enjoyed it because it was constantly changing pace but never got to a boring pace. I thoroughly enjoyed this book.
Fiona
Jan 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So i really loved to read that book because it was very interesting to read. I thought that it was a very intreging book. I wanted to read it sence she came in so i really enjoied it.
Emith
This book was well paced with a consistently intriguing plot line. The writing was impressive, and I liked how the point of view was handled. The characters were well developed but I sadly didn't become attached to them. Some of the action sequences were hard to picture as I read because of the foreign technology and creatures.
Victoria