Start by marking “Hearts in the Sand (JACT 2)” as Want to Read:
Hearts in the Sand (JACT 2)

Hearts in the Sand (JACT 2)

The last several years of Trevor Monroe's life have been quite a rollercoaster. He has always been the responsible and dependable one, the one friends and siblings look to for advice, or help bailing themselves out of whatever mess they’ve gotten into. He has certainly earned a month-long vacation to North Carolina's Outer Banks.

Sara Sands loves her life on the Outer Banks
Published April 8th 2016 by Jennifer L. Allen

To ask other readers questions about Hearts in the Sand, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hearts in the Sand

Amy Neighbors Senethavilay
Let me first begin by saying that although this is book two of the JACT Series, readers will have little trouble reading this as a standalone. The author has infused enough background throughout the story to give an understanding as to the additional characters who make up JACT.

Hearts in the Sand is an incredible story about two people who have had to push aside their own desires to care for others around them. Both Trevor and Sara are strong, independent, and guarded individuals with a mind for
Beth Jones
Apr 27, 2016 Beth Jones rated it it was amazing
Another great read by Jennifer. I read Our Moon and loved it I was ecstatic when I was asked to read Hearts in the Sand. Hearts in the Sand is a second book of the JACT series but can be read as a stand alone. However, I do recommend you read New Moon too as it is fantastic.

Trevor on vacation with his family at Outer Banks for a month to relax and have family time before going back in the studio and touring.
Sara the Outer Banks local who loves the beach and outdoors so much she opened a busines
Confessions_of_a_Serial_Reader
In the second installment of the JACT series we meet Trevor and Sara. Trevor is the oldest sibling of twins Ally (Our Moon) and Alex. Sara is the owner/operator of Sands Tours the tour company that the group hires during their month long family vacation on the Outer Banks of NC.

When Sara and Trevor meet on the first day, sparks fly and you feel a good amount of insta-lust between the two. After spending time together they decide to get involved in a relationship to see where these feelings take
Ab Fab Book Blog
Feb 01, 2016 Ab Fab Book Blog rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have been dying to get my hands on more JACT books and I wasn't left disappointed.
This book follows Trevor. The oldest sibling, the responsible one, the mature one, the parent figure.
He's the one who you can depend on, who will always be there for you. He had no interest in finding the one. His siblings and band were his only concern. Until he saw Sara. Then he starts wondering what it would be like.
Him and Sara are both stubborn and independent people. The odds were against them to start wit
Amazeballs Book Addicts
Hearts in the Sands is book two in the JACT series. I wasn't sure whether it could be read as a standalone so I read Our Moon first. You don't have to read Our Moon first because it can be read a s a standalone.
Trevor and his band have gotten pretty big. His band and family go on vacation. They are looking for privacy and book a bunch of private tours at Sands Tours. He's not looking to fall in love but when he meets the owner of Sands Tours, Sara, fate might just have a different plan for him.
Kathy
Apr 17, 2016 Kathy rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, series
This is the second book in the JACT series and the story focuses on the oldest brother Trevor and Sara, a business owner in their vacation spot.

The first book in the series, Our Moon, whet my appetite for this group of characters, but this book really captured my interest.

I read through this book as quickly as I could to find out what happened with the couple. My only complaint, I wish the ending was a little more detailed, but that's just me being greedy, it was a satisfying ending.
Amanda Bianco
May 24, 2016 Amanda Bianco rated it it was amazing
Shelves: beta-read
I really loved this book. I fell in love with all these characters when I read the first book, Our Moon. Reading, Hearts in the Sand, really brought back all the same emotions. And I fell in love with all the new characters that were introduced. Jennifer L. Allen has a way of creating such heart warming stories that stay with you. I cant wait for the next book in this series, I'm really hoping that Alex is next! :)
N. Nieto
Feb 01, 2016 N. Nieto rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
oh my God! I loved this book! usually the second book in a series isn't as good as the first one but this book was just as good as Our Moon!
Trevor and Sara are so perfect together! I was so happy to see Trevor think about himself for a change and Sara too! they both do so much for everyone else that they sometimes forget to do for themselves. this story will be one along with Our moon and any other by Jennifer that will read over and over! great job!
Flynn
Jun 20, 2016 Flynn rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this story. I love when I find a series that allows me to go back and reconnect with old characters (Not just a recap or mention of) and this is one of them. I loved these characters in the first book and I fell in love with them all over again in the second one, plus the new characters were such great editions to the story. Love this series!!! <3
Stephanie (Between the Coverz)
A sweet romantic quick read that will have you believing in love all over again. You can read the book as a standalone and do not need to read the first book to understand it. There is quite a bit of history to understand and feel that you are not missing anything. The downside to the book is the end could have been drawn out a little more and not end so quickly.
Beverly
Hearts in the Sand is the second book in the JACT series. Both books so far feature different couples, so they can be read as a standalone. Although I do recommending reading both! This is Trevor’s book and just from reading the blurb I was pretty exciting.

Trevor is on vacation in the Outer Banks with his band/family. First, I love the Outer Banks and reading this had me reminiscing about my time spent there. On day one Trevor and Sara meet when they gang goes for a beach tour. Trevor is immedia
Crystal
This is the second book in the JACT series. Ever since his parents dies the night of Alex and Ally’s high school graduation Trevor has taken care of his family. He has even been the glue that has held his band mates together. Family and loyalty are so important to him. But, something is missing for him. He sees what he wants mirrored in the relationships of family and friends around him.
Sara took on a lot of responsibility at a young age, starting a business at 19 and then taking care of her si
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
description

Trevor Monroe has been caretaker to his siblings for years. He's selfless and will do anything for them. He, along with his siblings and bandmates, decodes they need a vacation before their next tour begins. They head to the Outer Banks of North Carolina for some much needed R&R.
Sara Sands is the owner of Sand Tours. When she needs to fill in for an employee and take some tours for the day, instant sparks fly when she meets Trevor. She doesn't have time for someone in her life. Her life is f
Christina - My Guilty Obsession
**Given a copy for an honesty review**

A sweet, romantic love story. When two worlds collide and every option ends in heart break, what do you do? Enjoy the time you do have together or walk away to avoid the heartache? Trevor is a rock star god and Sara is a small town girl running her own business and being insta-mom. When Trevor's family decides to take a vacation in Sara's little town, sparks fly. The only problem, It's only temporary. Or is it?

I enjoyed book 1 in this series and was excited
Amanda Showalter
Jan 25, 2017 Amanda Showalter rated it liked it
This book is the second in the JACT Series but it can be read as a standalone. It focuses on Trevor who decides to go for a month long vacation to the Outer Banks in NC. This just happens to be where Sara lives and runs her company. Trevor and Sara run into each other and begin to bond over their lives and hardships. But both of them do not want to commit to forever and decide that that the one month will be all they will spend together. The problem is that neither one of them truly want that. B ...more
IrishdaisylovesRomance
This book is about two separate characters than book #1 (Our Moon) it can be read as a stand-alone or better yet in order as it features Trevor Monroe (from book #1).
Trevor has to be the dependable responsible one now due to an accident that took his parents, being the oldest he had to step up and be the adult to his younger siblings and put his family first which left little room for doing things for himself. Sara is also the one doing and giving for her family. So you would think that it's abo
Skye Hegyes
Apr 08, 2016 Skye Hegyes rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
I received this book for free in exchange for an honest review.

The Good
This is a quick read with a fun, falling-head-over-heels romance between Trevor and Sara. There is some drama as they try to figure out how to handle their whirlwind romance, but overall they work together and fall in love (as they should!). Both are responsible people just trying to look out for those counting on them, which is part of where the drama resides. *sigh*

The Bad
Neither character seemed to want to give. Relations
Natasha Carrere
Mar 06, 2016 Natasha Carrere rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-finished
Hearts in the Sand • Jennifer L. Allen

I have a method to how I read a book so I can write my review; when I started reading this one it all just went out the window. I loved it! Seeing the growth of the author was wonderful; her way in which she writes a storyline is excellent.

You first met Trevor in the author's first book Our Moon where you will like him for being the big brother. This book you will fall in love with him.

Trevor and the entire family decide to go on vacation for some much nee
Amanda Clark
Apr 11, 2016 Amanda Clark rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was a big fan of Our Moon so I was completely stoked when Jennifer contacted me about Hearts in the Sand. She certainly didn't disappoint! I adore her writing style. It's very well done, clear and concise. I never have those moments of wondering what's going on or how the characters are feeling. One thing that I really love about these books is that while they feature rock stars, they're completely realistic and down to earth. They aren't the arrogant, cocky, over the top ones we so often see ...more
GypsyBelle
First off I really enjoyed this book , I didn't read Our Moon, but no worries . Trevor and Sara was a instant-hot for you kinda at the beginning. And a lot of drama, the ups and down are one hell of a ride. But as good stories go it all gets fixed near the end. Was it the ending I wanted , I don't know . It just kinda ended and I felt like I was missing something. But it was a well written , and I did enjoy it. I just felt like it needed more.

Reviewed by JustaBooklovinJunkie

►ARC Review►
United Indie Book Blog
I was so excited when Hearts in the Sand showed up on my kindle, after reading the first in the series I knew I wanted ore JACT. Jennifer writes a beautiful story of love and letting go. I absolutely love Trevor and Sara, their chemistry is off the charts. Both are the glue that holds their families together and are a super couple. Can't wait for the next in the series!

review by Raychel
Amanda Bianco
Feb 03, 2016 Amanda Bianco rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really loved this book. I fell in love with all these characters when I read the first book, Our Moon. Reading, Hearts in the Sand, really brought back all the same emotions. Jennifer L. Allen has a way of creating such heart warming stories that stay with you. I cant wait for the next book in this series, I'm really hoping that Alex is next! :)
Mybooklatte
Feb 26, 2016 Mybooklatte rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
REVIEW OUT SOON !!

Lyle Stuehrenberg
Lyle Stuehrenberg rated it really liked it
Aug 24, 2016
Marcy
Marcy rated it really liked it
Jun 08, 2016
Janet Burton
Janet Burton rated it it was amazing
Sep 16, 2016
Donna McCombs
Donna McCombs rated it really liked it
Nov 21, 2016
Liz
Liz rated it really liked it
Oct 19, 2016
Jeanne
Jeanne rated it really liked it
Dec 30, 2016
Natasianatasia
Natasianatasia rated it it was amazing
Aug 06, 2016
  • DEFCON Darcy (The Darcy Walker Series #4)
  • Breaking Her (Ever After, #1.5)
  • Mary Hades: Beginnings (Mary Hades, #0.5-2)
  • Evolve Series Box Set (Evolve, #1-2.5)
  • Driving Layne (Unspoken Truth, #1)
  • Forever Baby
  • A Blue Tale
  • Labeled Love (L.A. Love, #1)
  • Doll Face (Hard Rock Roots, #7)
  • Charlie's Angel (The Cupid Chronicles, #4.5)
  • Dismantling Evan (Evan series #1)
  • Hot Mess (Stories of Serendipity, #4)
  • Royal Pain (A Royal Affair #1)
  • Scarred
  • Skater Boy (X-Treme Boys #1)
  • The Bright Effect
  • Escape the Doubt (Shifting, #1)
  • The Search (The Descendant Vampire, #2)
Jennifer was born and raised on Long Island, in New York. She relocated to South Carolina in 2002, where she met the love of her life. They got married and live their happily ever after just outside of Charleston with their fur-kids: a spoiled rat terrier and a cat who think she’s an MMA fighter. When she’s not reading or writing, she works as a behavioral therapist, and is an evening graduate stu ...more
More about Jennifer L. Allen...