Start by marking “Cradle of the Gods (The Soulstone Prophecy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Cradle of the Gods (The Soulstone Prophecy, #1)

Cradle of the Gods

(The Soulstone Prophecy #1)

A war among the gods has led to the downfall of humanity and the banishment of their god. A thousand years later, the remaining humans eke out an existence on the fringes of a vast dwarven empire.

In a human settlement known as the Cradle of the Gods, a young man named Ghile is preparing for a Rite of Attrition, used by the dwarves to seek out potential vessels for their
Published (first published August 18th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Cradle of the Gods, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cradle of the Gods

Start your review of Cradle of the Gods (The Soulstone Prophecy, #1)
Patrick Hodges
Jun 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
I have a tendency to read several books at once, usually in different genres, at once. How much time I devote to a story in a given day depends entirely on how engaging I find it. I have discovered that fantasy stories like this often conflict with this approach to reading due to its complexity and the world the author has crafted. It really is hard to immerse yourself in a world unless you commit to it wholeheartedly. I think if I had done that with Cradle of the Gods, I would have enjoyed it ...more
L.J. Higgins
Sep 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed reading Cradle of the Gods, and following Ghiles story as he discovered who he is and who he is to become.
With a Lord of the Rings feel, its set in a world where dwarves rule over humans, killing any who show signs of being a vessel for a god who was banished years before. Ghile is a human who lives in the Cradle of the Gods and has been told he would be no more than a herder for the rest of his life. But when a sorcerer and his apprentice arrive, Ghile stumbles upon something
Mary
Jul 18, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Yet another whiny self-blamer

If I never read a sentence like this again:
"It's all my fault he's dead!"
"He was trying to kill me/imitate me/betray me, but because I'm the reason he was trying to do whatever evil or stupid thing, it's all my fault he died in the process!"

Yeah, right. Makes total sense. Really it does.

Less competent authors make use of this type of emotional illogic in perhaps 75% of fantasy stories of all genres, and reading this garbage is far beyond tedious.

While the people
Lisa Lowell
Aug 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
I just finished Thomas Q. Millers Cradle of the Gods, and that means Ill need to read the sequel. The world of the Cradle took a bit to emerge, but it is fascinating and echoes Lord of the Rings with worgs, goblins, dwarves and men. In addition, mages and druids as well as a Wyrm make an appearance. The writing is more simplistic and it took a while for me to understand the buildup but once there, I felt comfortable with the characters and the world Mr. Miller has created. I look forward to ...more
B.
Jul 09, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fine fantasy novel

I'd recommend this book for anyone looking for a solid, well-written, and engaging fantasy tale. Few points for innovative or cutting edge (which admittedly is very hard to find in this genre), but still a good read with plenty of action and interesting characters.
Rob
Feb 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Worth reading

I write very few reviews. The book has to be really good or really bad. I really enjoyed this story even though the author left us hanging more than is appreciated.
I looking forward to the next one in the series!
Shawn
Oct 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Entertaining and well written. First of a two book series. I'll be looking for other works by this author.
Pat Raab
Jun 21, 2017 rated it liked it
A most enjoyable tale of fantasy and adventure.
Steph
May 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. The characters are so well written I could picture them in my mind easily. I love the story of stonecraft. I am sad that his brother was dead though. I truly wished that at the end he found out he was alive and stuck in like a coma or something. I look forward to reading the next book.
Amanda
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 stars

Great book, loving the characters and works building. I dont usually like books that bounce around to lots of characters, but I really like this one all the same.
M.D. Robinson
Jun 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun read and good pace.

Lot's of fun to read. I enjoyed the conflicts between races and character development. Some quirky wrd uses and errors but easily overlooked.
Cathy
Dec 19, 2017 rated it liked it
Pretty good read!
Julian
Sep 21, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In my opinion there were some weird pacing issues, they took a few chapters to describe a small part of one day but then completely skip over a couple days (The time between the wizard's arrival and the time they left last hamlet).
Penny
May 26, 2016 rated it liked it
Stretching it at 3 stars. Not good enough to read the rest of the series!
Duece One
May 05, 2019
Alex Basso
Mar 14, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Dragon Orb (The Alaris Chronicles #1)
  • The Naming: The 13th Paladin (Volume II)
  • Secrets and Spellcraft (Art of the Adept, #2)
  • Menacing Misfits: An Epic Fantasy Adventure (Darkthorn Academy Book 1)
  • The Legend of the Kestrel (The Sylvan Chronicles, #1)
  • Empire of Dirt (The Echoes Saga, #2)
  • The Sorcerer's Loss (The Magician's Brother, #2)
  • The Magician's Brother (The Magician's Brother, #1)
  • Deliverance (Archer of the Heathland #1)
  • Reign of Mist (The Oremere Chronicles, #2)
  • Dragonfall: Enchantment
  • A Traitor in Skyhold (Mage Errant #3)
  • Dagger of Bone (Legends of the Clanblades, #1)
  • Into the Labyrinth (Mage Errant #1)
  • Jewel of the Endless Erg (Mage Errant #2)
  • The Wizard Test
  • Fierce Heart (Elven Alliance, #1)
  • Lost in Averell (Princess by Night, #1)
At the age of thirteen Thomas read his first novel, Dune, by Frank Herbert. That was the spark that ignited his passion for reading. It was the popular fantasy Dragonlance novels by Tracy Hickman and Margaret Weis which cemented his love of fantasy. He feels if even one person reads his work and experiences that seed of excitement he still experiences from a good science fiction or fantasy read, ...more

The Soulstone Prophecy (2 books)
  • Time of the Stonechosen (The Soulstone Prophecy Book 2)