Start by marking “Living with Markus” as Want to Read:
Living with Markus

Living with Markus

Thirty-one-year-old Marc Nussbaum has visions of enjoying the finer things in life after building a successful landscaping business—no dependents, no commitments outside of work, no worries. And he's found the perfect woman to enjoy it with him. But when his dysfunctional family members come to him in serious trouble, he repeatedly shoves his own life aside to run to their ...more
Published April 8th 2016 by Florence Osmund Books

Leigh Lennon
Aug 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
I will read anything and everything by Florence Osmund. She is by far one of my favorite authors, especially as an indie author. This shows us all the quality that indie authors provide to the industry.

The idea of this book centers around Markus, a man with a sense of family and he puts up with a lot of crap from them. When his sister shows up on his doorstep with her two kids, he lets her live with him. This eventually begins the demise of Markus's relationship with his girlfriend. The additio
LadyCalico
Sep 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Successful self-made adult child of an alcoholic, in his perfectionism about always doing the right thing, becomes the perfect patsy, manipulated into his dysfunctional family's self-destruction as they pull him down along with them, trying to siphon away all that he has, until a street-smart waitress helps him dredge up enough insight and backbone to deal with the avalanche of problems that his well intentioned but toxic enabling is bringing down upon his head.
This was a Kindle freebie that I f
lisa Putney
Nov 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The strength of love for family

Markus is a loving young man who has his life in neat rows until family enters his life. He has to learn what family is and how to love them again. It is a story of love ,strength and the ability to forgive at any age.
Indiebrag
Aug 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
We are proud to announce that LIVING WITH MARKUS by Florence Osmund is a B.R.A.G.Medallion Honoree. This tells a reader that this book is well worth their time and money!
C.J. Fosdick
Jul 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Markus Nussbaum’s life was like his well-ordered sock drawer. Only 30, he owns a lucrative landscaping business, lives in the top floor of his three flat brownstone in an upscale Chicago neighborhood, and spends every weekend with his beautiful career-minded girlfriend. Enter his dysfunctional family: a confused vagabond father who depends on Marc’s handouts and an alcoholic sister with an acid tongue and two young sons. Add several problems with rich clients and you have the landscape of a succ ...more
B J  Galaday
Dec 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Second + chances

I loved this story. The majority of it had me wanting to slap the father and the sister of Markus. But he showed his character and humanity again and again, reinforcing the fact that everyone can benefit from a second chance. He is the most admirable and patient person I can imagine and someone we all can hopefully find in our own families. I highly recommend this to anyone who might question their ability to rise above thinking only of themselves and finding that all can benefit
Coy Lee Stroud
Nov 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Large Family Anyone?

Are you a responsible person? Do you go to great lengths to keep your friends, family and workmates happy and safe? Markus is such a person. Help first deal with costs and consequences later!
J. Sandra Wrobleski
Family is Eveything

Loved this book from beginning to end. The tragic alcoholic in the story could also be the tragedy that families are going through with drug addiction today.
David Castleton
Oct 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
American Family Drama

An intriguing insight into modern American family life. Markus, a hard-working, single young man, is suddenly faced with having to look after his alcoholic sister and her two children, as well as his irresponsible ageing father. Markus's well-ordered life is disrupted in ways which are - at different times - trying, comic and very tragic. The book is well-plotted and planned with plenty of twists and turns. The main problem I had with it was I thought the characters lacked a
Barb
Feb 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Markus was single and had a girlfriend and a landscaping business, but his dad was a drunk and so was his sister. His sister had 2 sons, and she came to Markus homeless and so did his dad and the whole book was what Markus had to do for his family, not that he wanted to!
Piper Templeton
Jul 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Markus is enjoying his carefree lifestyle. He’s got a successful landscaping business, a beautiful girlfriend, and the freedom to do what he wants when he wants to do it. He managed to overcome growing up with a dysfunctional family, a family he prefers putting behind him. But can he?

His alcoholic, shady father reenters his life for the same reason he always does: He needs money and a place to stay. Then his addicted, mentally unstable sister, with her two young sons, infringes on his life, and
Nalini Warriar
Nov 14, 2016 rated it liked it
Markus Nussbaum, a successful landscaper, is living his dream life in his own 3 flat brown stone. He’s a landlord with a business completely unencumbered. Meinhard, Marc’s father drops in and out of his perfect life causing ripples that become disturbing waves. He does everything his lover, Gabby, asks of him because he thinks it’s the only way she’ll stay.
Just as suddenly, Marc’s sister, Zenzi and her two sons drop in and never leave. Zenzi is a piece of work. She’s a recurring addict. Enter Ni
Marge
Apr 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Florence Osmund's latest book is Living With Markus. As in her other books, her characters have depth, and ethical dilemmas are confronted. I thought I might not be able to relate to a male being the main character, but Markus proved me wrong.
Family dynamics, and family secrets are always intriguing, and make this book a page turner. After you read a book by Florence Osmund, you will be impatient for her to finish her next book. This book is a very good read.
Kathryn L. Rowe
Aug 22, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Markus turns out to be a soft hearted man !

I found Markus to be a real man. One capable of changing and growing and always trying to fulfill responsibilities that were not even his. The writing of this character makes this book so good and different than most. I liked it very much and will definitely be downloading Osmund's other titles.

Toriana Jones
Oct 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So AMAZING

Incredible story line with so much depth throughout the entire read. Very real and relatable. This book filled me with so many emotions. I laughed. I cried. I smiled. I prayed. I loved it!
Steven Ammer
Aug 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed this novel!!!

Easy to relate to. A wonderful, cozy read about the importance of family. I really enjoyed this book, and would love to read more from this author
Joan
Sep 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was an excellent book and a good read. The characters were well developed and the ending was a surprise. I recognized many of the places so that made it more meaningful.
Linda Meyer
Mar 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed this story so much.

Such a heartwarming story and very well told. Liked all of the characters. Quite a group of lovable family members.
Pam Trinkler
Jennifer Beahler
Feb 21, 2017
Leigh Reagan
Nov 14, 2016 rated it liked it
When I found Florence Osmund's books, I called them little gems. I adored Red Clover and The Coach House. (Along with Regarding Anna and Daughters) While I liked this book and it kept my interest, I didn't fully get it until the end. It had a great ending but it sort of droned on and was not as well written in my opinion as her other books. But don't dismiss this book or her other books! I will read whatever she publishes and I hope to see her next book out soon! I love strong family dynamics an ...more
Michelle Phillips
Sep 19, 2017
Ann Webb
Nov 10, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Don't Tell Anyone
  • A Witch Myth (Yew Hollow Mystery #0)
  • The Last Descendant (Sanyare Chronicles, #1)
  • Mad Dog House
  • The Human Forged
  • Jeremy & Jacob (The Protectors #3)
  • Darling Discovered: A True Story of Submission
  • Chocolate Crunch Murder (Donut Hole Mystery #15)
  • The Other Other Woman
  • How Shall I Tell The Dog?
  • A Candidate For Murder (Old Maids of Mercer Island Mysteries #2)
  • Secret Language
  • Twist of Truth
  • Gentlemen Scientists and Revolutionaries: The Founding Fathers in the Age of Enlightenment
  • Lyon's Legacy  (Catalyst Chronicles, #1)
  • The Conjurors Collection (The Conjurors Series, #1-3)
  • Every Five Minutes
  • Richie
After more than three decades of working in a business career, Florence Osmund retired to write novels. Her notable website is dedicated primarily to helping new authors—offering advice she wishes she had received before starting her first novel. All of Osmund's novels have earned the BRAG Medallion, an honor awarded to less than 15% of books submitted. She currently resides on a tranquil lake in ...more