Start by marking “Prodigal Son (Juxtapose City 9)” as Want to Read:
Prodigal Son (Juxtapose City 9)

Prodigal Son

(Juxtapose City #9)

Who will pay the price when Black and Calyx crawl back to the JCPD?

Though Black has managed to defuse the escalating war for the time being, he has left himself, Calyx, and the rest of JC2 in a vulnerable position. Friendless on the streets, mistrusted by the police, Black knows that when his enemies come he can present little defense against them...and that is not an
Published April 7th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Prodigal Son, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Prodigal Son

Start your review of Prodigal Son (Juxtapose City 9)
Jenni Lea
Still going strong

This series is EVERYTHING!!! The tables have been turned and there's the possibility of a glimmer of hope. Mah gawd, this was so good!
Simone

Do you know the feeling, when you have locked a book character in your heart? When you love a series so much you never want it to end? Simply because you nearly feel addicted to it and you wait impatiently for the next book? I bet you do. That's what Juxtapose City is to me. I can't stress enough how much I love Black and Calyx. Calyx, with his attitude, who made me burst with laughter every little while. Black, with his compulsion to do the right thing to keep everybody safe.

“Dickerson is a
Ricardo
Nov 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another good instalment in this series. This author doesn’t cease to amaze me, she’s able to conjure bad guys that are both credible and despicable but also very human (or psypath, as the case may be). I’m not sure if the next one of the one after that is the last one in the series (I haven’t even been able to make myself check that the series actually ends and isn’t actually one of those that gets cut off at some arbitrary point in time leaving all the fans hanging)
JustJen "Miss Conduct"

Review by The Blogger Girls.

There are so many things that I love about this series, and each time I start the next book, all of them come flooding back to satisfy my cravings for more. I especially enjoy when characters have unique voices or quirks that each time hearing them again brings back memories from all the previous stories. Such is the case here with Black and even more so with Calyx.

I absolutely adore Calyx. He has so many layers, has seen so many things and been forced or chosen to
Gaia
Sep 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m-faves
This is a fantastic series and this particular book built on everything I've come to love in this series. The relationship between Black and Calyx has been well established through Books 1-8 as being unshakeable and it deepens in this installment. There was, however, one scene where I was truly shocked by something Black did (wasn't expecting that he would go that far at all) and it was a little unconvincing that Calyx was willing to forgive him for it and quite easily rationalize his terrible ...more
Wyrn
Apr 09, 2016 rated it liked it
I'm loving the Juxtapose City series a lot. So many different and diverse characters that aren't perfect and even with their flaws you can't help but love them. The Prodigal Son was a bit short, it and the previous book felt a bit like a filler book for the build up to the oncoming war between JC and the Silent City.

I like this book in that I don't know whose side I want to win - the psypaths or the normals or if a peaceful cohabitation or truce is possible between the two. I'm dying to know
Amy Davenport
May 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow

Oh man, probably ten years of reading these and still no end in sight. Can't wait for the next installment- don't leave us hanging! These fellas are literally part of my life, and I would be a different person today without them.
caroline wilson
Apr 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourite-m-m
Another good book

This is one of my favourite series, and this one did not disappoint. Fast paced and keeping you guessing on what's going to happen. Only criticism is not long enough but can't wait for the next book.
Tionne
Apr 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-romance
I can't wait for Captain Dick to fucking die!!! He's so fucking cocky and sure of himself, like he's untouchable. He needs to be tortured slowly before being put down like the monster he is!
Claudia
Mar 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
wow. this one packed a punch .... especially the last part. I felt for Black
this book also highlighted for me the relationship between Calyx and Black. I love them together. especially Calyx dedication to Black is awesome

I really hope Black doesn't have to uphold his agreement with Sundhill. that would be a bit of a problem for me
Sandra Walker
Mar 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Father's

What a messed up thing to do any son. The games being played is really crazy. Plots within plots. How does Black keep it straight in his head. While not going completely around the bend over the edge crazy.
Peche Esse
Jan 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
It should probably be 3 stars, but I enjoyed this series. Of PWP, there was more of the first than the second P, but they were both pretty fun. So 4 stars for me. YMMV.
Samantha Ortega
Apr 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Alors alors.... alors je ne vais pas revenir sur mon amour pour cette série, je vous en ai déjà parlé en long en large et en travers et plus les tomes passent et plus j'adore. Je ne sais pas comment se débrouille l'auteur et j'avoue que je n'ai lu aucun de ses autres romans mais cette série est tout simplement géniale. Et je ne m'en lasse pas. Parce que sérieux.. qui voudrait que sa série préférée s’arrête??

Une fois de plus j'ai retrouvé mes chouchous, de plus en plus attachants de plus en plus
L. Layale
No matter how I feel about the progression of the books individually, as a whole I am addicted to Juxtapose City, Black and Starr. I love how the dynamic between the two of them has gotten better. I'm pissed there's no answers for what happened to Black in the 8th book. Another reviewer said they felt like this was a filler book, I do too. Tricia has a habit of doing that with these books. Most are under 200 pages so I feel like they could be combined and occasionally one or two may end with a ...more
Frannymceneaney
I'm confused. This series was supposed to be completed in 9 books. When will the 10th be out?
Donna
Apr 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Another great book in this series! I wish it had been longer and I can't wait for the 10th book! Calyx is my favorite character in this series. He makes me laugh and he is very loyal to Black.
Caryn A
Jul 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Caryn A

I love this series and can't get enough of Black, Caylx, and the rest of the JC2 team! Juxtapose City is a frightful place but they make it better.
Jamie
Aug 16, 2017
Julie Jakeway
Sep 20, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Blood & Ice (Silk and Steel #3)
  • Sire (Beautiful Monsters, #2)
  • A Crown of Iron & Silver (Soulbound #3)
  • The Vampire's Club: Book Two (The Vampire's Club, #2)
  • A Ferry of Bones & Gold (Soulbound, #1)
  • Devour (Unbreakable Bonds, #4)
  • Nor Iron Bars a Cage
  • The Necromancer's Dance (The Beacon Hill Sorcerer, #1)
  • Torch (Unbreakable Bonds, #3)
  • Shatter (Unbreakable Bonds, #2)
  • Exhale (Flesh and Bone, #1)
  • Unbreakable Stories: Ian (Unbreakable Bonds, #4.5)
  • Orientation (Borealis Investigations, #1)
  • Psycho Romeo (Ward Security, #1)
  • Unbreakable Stories: Snow (Unbreakable Bonds, #2.5)
  • Paternity Case (Hazard and Somerset #3)
  • Pretty Pretty Boys (Hazard and Somerset, #1)
  • Transposition (Hazard and Somerset, #2)
I write urban fantasy, paranormal romance, m/m fiction and menage fiction, with probably more genres to come! Please visit my website and sign up for my newsletter so you'll be kept apprised of my frequent new releases:

Website: http://www.triciaowensbooks.com/

Juxtapose City (10 books)
  • Fearless Leader (Juxtapose City #1)
  • In the Blink of an Eye (Juxtapose City 2)
  • The Battle for Black (Juxtapose City 3)
  • The Ultimate Team (Juxtapose City 4)
  • My Lover, My Enemy (Juxtapose City 5)
  • The Sound of Truth (Juxtapose City #6)
  • Shattered Alliance (Juxtapose City 7)
  • Exchange of Power (Juxtapose City 8)
  • The Mind Spy (Juxtapose City #10)