Start by marking “Cookie's Week” as Want to Read:
Cookie's Week

Cookie's Week

4.06  ·  Rating details ·  1,682 Ratings  ·  143 Reviews
"Short, simple sentences in large print tell the story of a week in the life of Cookie, a black-and-white cat . . . de Paola has deftly captured Cookie's personality in his large, appealing watercolor illustrations that feature bright pastel splotches. . . ."--School Library Journal. Full-color illustrations.
Published (first published 1988)

Robert
Apr 19, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, board-book, cat, 1-7, fritz, own
This is a favorite children's book of mine. As a cat lover, this is right up my alley. I have fond memories of reading this with my daughter.

But this morning as I was rousing my boy from bed, this book was nearby. We decided to start the day off right with a story.

Ah, cute Cookie. He gets into so much trouble as only a kitty can. Each day Cookie's adventures lead to issues. Of course, when it comes to Sunday we are asked to predict what Cookie will be up to. Rest? Hardly.

Tomie dePaola illustrat
Samantha Weatherford
Cookies week is good for read alouds because it is easy for the children to follow the text. The kids enjoy the text and pictures because Cookie gets into alot of trouble and the kids think it is funny. Alot of the text repeats making it easier for the children to identify new words in order to start reading independantly. It can also be used for sequencing because Cookie does something different on each page and you can ask the children what happened to gauge comprehension. K-1st grade.
jacky
Feb 26, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute little tale of a kitten getting into trouble. I liked this because most of the naughty things Cookie does could also be done by a child. Educational in the sense that it reviews the days of the week, places in a house, and relationship words ( like "in"). But really this book is more for fun to chuckle at Cookie's misadventures. Illustrations seemed okay from where we were at story time.
Kathryn Joyce
Mar 01, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Day by day description of the activities the cat does in a week. Cute and silly. Would be nice to teach remembering as well as sequencing. Easier read with familiar words used throughout. This would be a nice guided reading book.
Deborah Harris
Jan 28, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cookie is an active kitty, who has chaotic week. Each day Cookie finds a new place to explore and also to make a mess. This book is great for predicting what might happen next or even talk about cause and effect.
Lita
Sep 24, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: literacy-books, fun
This book is about a naughty kitty's week. This book can be used to teach students about sequencing by having the students remember the events of Cookie's week and put them in order. This book also reinforces the days of the week.
Nicole
Feb 10, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: t-l-306
Good to use for K-1 for repetition. The word “everywhere” is repeated throughout the story. The book also talks about the days of the week, so you could incorporate that learning objective into this read aloud as well.
Sharon
May 20, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: to-a-child, for-work
I've been trying to get the boys to read this one for months. I used to use it for work frequently. Tommy finally selected it to read when Sara was visiting.
Michelle Carter
May 01, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great little book to introduce cause and effect and days of the week.
Also shows all the mischief that one little kitty cat can get into.
Melanie
Feb 19, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
Every time I read this story to my kids, they laugh right out loud. It may be because they relate so well with the trouble this cat gets in to each day of the week.
  • A Mother for Choco
  • Bearshadow (Moonbear)
  • Spots, Feathers, and Curly Tails
  • One Drowsy Dragon
  • Biscuit Takes a Walk
  • Can You Growl Like a Bear?
  • Commotion in the Ocean (Picture Books)
  • The Little Red Hen