Start by marking “Stockholm Diaries, Melanie (An Island Romance)” as Want to Read:
Stockholm Diaries, Melanie (An Island Romance)

Stockholm Diaries, Melanie

(Stockholm Diaries #3)

Ms. Hunter hits it out of the park with this sweet and witty novel!" - InD'Tale Magazine

Every word her famous father wrote was a lie, and Melanie is going to prove it...
if she can survive the summer on a tiny island in the Baltic Sea
with a hot new neighbor
and a cabin full of secrets.

Under the midnight sun, Melanie and Henrik uncover the story that both tangles their lives
Published April 2016 by Amazon Digital Services (first published November 10th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Stockholm Diaries, Melanie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stockholm Diaries, Melanie

Paige
Nov 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 "Perfect Ending" Stars

I have not stopped thinking about this story since I finished it. This is one that I wanted to start rereading as soon as I was done. I also wish that I could reread it again for the first time all over again. With Rebecca Hunter's smart and mature writing style, I fell in love with both Henrik and Melanie. Her ability to transport me to a place I've never been made me feel like I was a part of their story and not just living vicariously through them. The way Rebecca wove
☆☆Hannah☆☆
Jun 12, 2019 rated it liked it
This was a good read. Melanie goes to Sweden after her father dies. While there she meets Henrik. As they fall for each other they also have to deal with learning a secret about their parents. Thankfully in the end they work it all out.
Sandra Shipman ~ Two Book Pushers
***4.5 Stars***

This is the third novel in the Stockholm Dairies but it's the first one that I have read and also the first novel I have read by Rebecca. I will definitely be reading more. And now onto Melanie and Henrik's story...

Melanie wants answers. She is a biographer and her next subject is the father she hasn't seen since he left when she was four years old. Her mother refuses to talk about him but she did know that he was well-known poet, college professor in Sweden and has a cabin on a
Pat
Jul 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a well-written emotional story with a nice touch of humor and steamy romance. Melanie is an American writer who is working on a biography about her father who abandoned her when she was a child. Her father passes away and leaves her his cabin in Sweden. She meets Hendrik, a handsome Swedish man, who supposedly was her father's handyman. (I so loved the scene where they first meet.) Melanie and Hendrik are both hurting from things that happened in their lives.

Will their struggles bring t
Liz
Apr 11, 2016 rated it liked it
I won a copy of this book in a Goodreads giveaway.
This was an okay book.
The story is of a young American biographer who inherits a cabin in the wilds of Sweden from her long estranged poet father. She travels there to write his biography and to try to understand his desertion of her and her mother when she was a young child. There she finds love with a neighboring man. There are complications, of course, involving the emotional detachment of her Swedish lover and also the reason for her parent'
Joy
Jan 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thought this was just another diary-of-a-girl story.... Nope! What a Viking surprise! A wonderful story of two people's discoveries; of their shared bitter past, vulnerability and hang-ups, finding answers, and finding love in each other. I'd never read Hunter's novels before now, after reading this book, I think I'm going to have to find the rest of this series to read some more. And if you've ever fallen in love with Scandinavia or fascinated by it like I was, this book will give you that no ...more
Dawn
Jan 07, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
* I received this book for free from Goodreads First Reads. *

The book started with an embarrassing situation that got me hooked right away. This was written with humor and heart. I enjoyed reading the ups and downs of this couple's journey.
InD'tale Magazine
4.5/5.0

Ms. Hunter hits it out of the park with this sweet and witty novel!

Read full review in the 2016 July/August issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Ellie
Jul 03, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had read the first two books and was looking forward to reading the third installment. I was fortunate to win a copy through goodreads. I must say that the book was just as good as the first two and I enjoyed reading it.
Maria
Feb 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed, bookbub
Very good read with original plot

What I liked most in this story was not only the slow burning romance, mystery and discovering with Mel her father's past but mostly the interactions between two main characters. I really appreciate that author let them work and talk through their struggles in the fragile relationship they started. Lately I couldn't find the book that would fully allow for the couple to work on their relationship or at least to try, to talk, to compromise. I love how it was not r
Ewa
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Melanie inherited summer cabin from the Swedish father she barely knew. She travels to this small island off the coast of Stockholm to find some peace.
When she meets her mysterious neighbor, Henrik, it’s definitely no peace and quiet when sparks fly between them.
But both Melanie and Henrik have to step out of their pasts first to discover a future together.
This contemporary romance is smart and sexy, with intriguing family secret.
I was also impressed by its emotional depth and the barriers to
Mary Burgess
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Both Mel and Henrik are broken individuals and have difficulty in relationships. These problems for both, in spite of them just meeting, were caused by Mel’s dad. So many uncertainties, insecurities, fear, lies, and truths that must be solved and overcome in their search for a HEA. Good read!

Tina
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this story. Really good plot to the story. Very well written. Would highly recommend it to anyone who likes this kind of stories. Can't wait to read more from this author.

poppy
Feb 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ng
This is the third ok in the series and is another really good read. Not only was a really good romance it also had me laughing out loud at times a really good interesting read I really enjoyed watching Melanie and Henrik get to know each other they were really good together
Nadea Croix
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a journey an absolute must read. I throughly enjoy reading this book there is chemistry between the characters are likeable and engaging from the get go kept me interested from beginning to the end.

Miss Piggy
Feb 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy of this book however all thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.
I loved this! It grabbed me from the first page, kept me til the last and enthralled me in between. Well worth your time to read it.
Kimberly
Feb 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
The book is a good romance read. The story has a good story line, and the story is a well written read. The characters are good, and they have good chemistry. The story is a fun, and an emotional read.

Amber Daniels
May 29, 2017 rated it it was ok
it was ok but could use some editing. Just not really my cup of tea.
Kim
Apr 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Rebecca Hunter has succeeded again in capturing Stockholm summers, this time focusing her attention on the archipelago, the group of islands in the Baltic Sea to which Stockholmers love to escape from the city. This time, we focus on American Melanie, who is writing a biography of her father--a famous Swedish poet who has been a mystery to her since he left her life when she as a child--and Henrik, a very handsome Swede who happens to have his own connection to her father and an aversion to rela ...more
Alicia
Nov 07, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received an ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Stockholm Diaries, Melanie was a contemporary romance with a very strong willed protagonist.

Melanie does not like asking for help. She especially does not like requiring it. Cue equally as uncompromising love interest, Henrik!

For a very isolated setting with few characters, I thought this book was extremely well done.
Melanie and Henrik’s first meeting in this book is hilarious. As soon as I read the scene, I had to know where it
Rebecca Hunter
Nov 22, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
This is book #3 in the Stockholm Diaries series (#2 will be Caroline's second book, coming out in 2016), and it takes place on a small, rather isolated island out in the Stockholm archipelago. Sweden has a strong summer cabin culture, and the archipelagos are filled with tiny, rustic retreats where residents spend their July vacations.

Rebecca Hunter
Oct 04, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
This is the third book in the Stockholm Diaries series. It takes place on a small, rather isolated island out in the Stockholm archipelago. Sweden has a strong summer cabin culture, and the archipelagos are filled with tiny, rustic retreats where residents spend their July vacations.

Melanie's struggles with island life are real - getting food or anything else out to the islands is a project that takes some planning, and her lack of a motor boat makes independent living much more complicated.

But
Ella Swift
Dec 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Smart and Sexy Contemporary Romance with Impressive Emotional Depth

Summary: Melanie travels from Massachusetts to a small island off the coast of Stockholm to visit the summer cabin she’s inherited from the Swedish father she barely knew. From the moment she meets her mysterious neighbor, Henrik, sparks fly. But both Melanie and Henrik have to find a way to step out of the shadows of their pasts to discover a future together.

Review: Not only is this contemporary romance smart and sexy, but I
K.D. Hazzard
Nov 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
Hunter captures our imagination with a fresh and tantalizing romance, as intriguing and breathtaking as the archipelago landscape where this story takes place. Hunter delves into the sorrows and longings of the human heart, which we find out can ultimately transcend culture, borders, and even generations. Once again, Hunter strikes the perfect balance of hilarity, heartbreak, and passion. Melanie is guaranteed to keep her readers racing to the end and looking for more. Thank goodness we can look ...more
Barbara
Nov 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Melanie comes to the Stockholm archipelago to learn more about her deceased father and maybe why he left her mother so long ago. Melanie meets Henrik in a very interesting way ! Melanie gets Henrik to translate her fathers journals for her ,but what they learn might just tear them apart are they strong enough to overcome this ? This is the first book I have read from this author and I want the rest of these books! I was given a copy for an honest review barwatts@telus.net
Mary Beth
Nov 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Melanie and Henrik seem destined to be together but each of their personal histories cause them to hesitate in the face of their attraction. The mysteries about who the are make this love story compelling. I particularly enjoyed the humor between them.
Johanna
Dec 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Melanie and Henrik are the perfect couple for an intense romance: strong attraction, but they seem to rub against each other's deepest wounds. This makes for a feisty beginning of a relationship, but it also makes their steps forward all the most rewarding.
Julia Victorine
Nov 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have read all of Rebecca Hunter's stories and Melanie is fantastic. She pulls you in from the first moment and doesn't let you go until the last page. I stayed up late at night because I wanted to see what happened next.Another great novel!
Viveka
Jan 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
I think this was good, but not as good as the first in the series, which was soooo good!
Neepa Shah-chittur
Jan 01, 2019
The MFRW Book Place: 25 Nov 2016 - Stockholm Diaries, Melanie 1 2 Nov 25, 2016 08:20AM
Goodreads Librari...: New Cover Help 3 19 Apr 07, 2016 01:38PM

• A Kiss At Christmastide
  • Lairds, Lords & Lovers: 10 Full-Length Novels From the Queens of Medieval Romance
  • High Heels and Lipgloss (Book 2 of the Fashion Series)
  • Sodom and the Phoenix (Virtual Seduction, #2)
  • Hayden Heyer and the Twin Guardians (Hayden Heyer #1)
  • The Journal of a Lifetime
  • If I Had You (The Grand Russe Hotel, #1)
  • The Dukes of Vauxhall
  • Kit & Ivy: A Red Team Wedding Novella (Red Team, #3.5)
  • Dreams of Home
  • Plus One
  • The House of Bildeburg
  • Captive Heart (The Warrior Maids of Rivenloch #2)
  • Emergent
  • The Blue Viking (Viking I, #5)
  • Readers' Journal
  • After the Rain (Descendants #2)
  • Snow Out of Season
Award-winning author of sensual, emotional adventures of the heart. Reader, traveler, former English teacher, chocolate lover, and keeper of a very messy desk.

Over the years, Rebecca has called many places home, including Michigan, where she grew up, New York City, San Francisco, and, of course, Stockholm, Sweden. After their most recent move from Sweden back to the San Francisco Bay Area, she and

Stockholm Diaries (3 books)
  • Stockholm Diaries, Caroline, (The Foreign Fling Duet #1)
  • Stockholm Diaries, Caroline 2 (The Foreign Fling Duet #2)