Start by marking “Victory Portrait (Pride of Uttor #4)” as Want to Read:
Victory Portrait (Pride of Uttor #4)

Victory Portrait

(Pride of Uttor #4)

Imperial captive and former Sebboyan prince Peta Kordeun has one great wish: to meet Darius Arrento, conqueror of his country and a man he has idolized since childhood. That wish comes true the day the Uttoran emperor assigns Peta to assist the artist who will be painting the great general’s official portrait.

General Darius Arrento would rather take a crossbow bolt through
Published April 7th 2016 by Resplendence Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Victory Portrait, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Victory Portrait

SheReadsALot
A unicorn BR with Ann!

3.75 Hearts--Art can be sexy.

Painting?

(different pic on the blog with a strategically placed paintbrush...;P)

Sexy.

In Victory Portrait, the fourth standalone in the Pride of Uttor series, painting is very sexy.

How much? Fresh semen needed to add into the paint sexy.
Lusting for what seems like ages and finally getting to pound your the object of your desire into next week...with an audience kind of sexy.

"You dream about this, don't you? About taking cock inside you, of bec
Ann
Tag team review with my fellow Tali lover SRAL.

There were so many things for me to love about this book. Tali Spencer does an amazing job of world building in a really organic way. I don’t feel like I need a schematic and a flashlight to figure out where I am and who is attached to, fighting or fucking whom. It just happens and I can enjoy all the nuances without taxing my brain or reversing and rereading to figure out WTF is going on. And there are a lot of great little nuances and golden sente
Milica
Jul 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
There are already couple of reviews here elaborateness of which I could never achieve, so go read one of those...and as for me, I really liked this one, and would recommend it to all lovers of erotic fantasy!
Lorraine Lesar
Apr 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
*****4.5 stars****
Full review to follow on Blog, 10th June 2016.
Threebooksovertherainbow.wordpress.com
Lisa The Novel Approach
Jul 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Pride of Uttor series is phenomenal. For anyone who loves fantasy, this series is a must read. Tali Spencer is one of a select few authors who can write M/M and M/F and do both with equal aplomb. There are both kinds of books in this series, and it is refreshing to get the narratives of the characters whose stories need to be written to tell an overarching tale of a kingdom and its subjects.

Peta is a Sebboyan prince. He is also a slave to the King of Uttor. On the day that Peta is condemned
Shira Anthony
I love a good Tali Spencer story, so when she asked me to beta read this one, I didn't hesitate! I love the way Tali blends romance and political intrigue with the hottest sex and sexual tension imaginable in her Uttor series. I've even enjoyed the 2 MF books in the series (though not as much as the MM books like this one), even though het romance isn't exactly my favorite.

The Uttor books are intertwined, standalone stories set in the fictional Kingdom of Uttor. Each focuses on the children of t
Mercedes
Apr 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, mm-romance

Surprisingly and plesantly smexy the first half. But way too much intrigue and military stuff and not nearly enough romance or smex in the second half.
Lada
Oct 17, 2017 rated it liked it
This one was kinda kinky and delicious, but actually didn't have that much sex. I liked the mutual consent between the imperial slave and the general, and I also liked the lack of drama in the story.
Sunny
Mar 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5
5 star read for most of it. The build up was perfect...loved every minute of it, couldn't get enough of the MCs. The end came up too fast, though. I wanted more time with the two of them together.

Will definitely read again :)
Crystal Marie
Jun 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Pride of Uttor is one of my favorite M/F and M/M series that I’ve read to date. And Spencer is one of my favorite authors who writes M/F and M/M.

So needless to say, I went into this book with some very high expectations.

And holy crap, Spencer completely blew me out of the water with this book!!!

I wouldn’t really say that this book is smutty — but it is on the other hand. The sexual tension between Peta and Arrento was off the pages with the heat factor. But that was the best part of this book, t
Ilona
May 29, 2016 rated it liked it
I was given a copy by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.
Although this was the fourth in the series it was a stand alone story, which I was glad of having not read any of the previous ones (yet). Tali writes a truly sexual story but gives it depth and meaning by adding in a lot of military action and political intrigue. I am astonished to say I actually liked one of the secondary characters almost more than the main ones. Brazzi the artist was so irreverent and licentious that you
J. Vaughn
Jan 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing

I read an earlier version of this story when it was published for free online. I'm not sure exactly what it is that turns me on so much about this story, but I found it one of the steamiest I've ever read. I think I've read some of the sex scenes six or eight times -- LOL!

This expanded version is even better than the short. It turns the story into a full novel, with a bit of mystery thrown in, and answers some questions that I had about the characters.

As always with Tali's writing, the prose
Ola
Merreille
Aug 17, 2018
Himarti
Sep 07, 2016
I am fascinated by swords, mythology, and everything ancient and magical. Sword and sandals? I'm in! But I also love bodice-rippers, Regency romances, magical realism, pulpy detective stories, cozy mysteries, and South American literature.

Though I grew up as a bit of a nomad, I currently live in Pennsylvania with my husband and travel whenever I can. Every destination yields a story or three.

When

Pride of Uttor (4 books)
  • Captive Heart (Pride of Uttor, #1)
  • Dangerous Beauty (Pride of Uttor, #2)
  • Adored (Pride of Uttor, #3)