Start by marking “Avoiding Sex with Frenchmen” as Want to Read:
Avoiding Sex with Frenchmen

Avoiding Sex with Frenchmen

New, updated second edition with black and white pictures!

It's Paris like you've never seen it- ugly, unromantic, and hilarious. Pure as newly driven snow, three teenaged girls arrive in Paris, with little money and a large passion for art (especially art where lots of people die gruesome and terrible deaths). Immediately, they are constantly propositioned by men. Everywh
Paperback, 2 with black and white illustrations, 126 pages
Published March 31st 2016 by Create Space (first published March 18th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Avoiding Sex with Frenchmen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Avoiding Sex with Frenchmen

Christina McMullen
Much like her last travel tale, Exhaust(Ed), Avoiding Sex with Frenchmen is a series of misadventures interspersed with commentary that can only come from hindsight. In this installment, young adult Shoshanah comes across a flyer for a cheap flight to Paris and decides, as a (possible) French major, passing up this opportunity is not an option and drags two of her friends (who have never met each other) with her.

There are some rough beginnings, like the fact that their reservations seem to go mi
Devyn
I received this book from Goodreads.

This book almost got me in trouble. My mom was with me when I removed it from the shipping packaging and "Avoiding Sex with Frenchmen, A Picture Book for Adults" doesn't exactly inspire innocent thoughts. I had to endure her suspicious glare while she flipped through the book looking for incriminating evidence that wasn't there. Haha.
Maybe next time, mom.
Anyway, as I said before there wasn't anything in the book that would prompt disinheritance from even the m
Dwayne Fry
May 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A wonderful, funny book about three young American women and their visit to Paris. Perhaps just a wee bit better than Shoshanah Marohn's "Exhaust(ed)", but if you read both, I would recommend reading that one first. They do work as stand alone books, but there are some allusions to the other book in this one that are more delightful if you have prior knowledge of the events in "Exhaust(ed)". Recommended for anyone who wants to visit Paris and avoid sex with Frenchmen. Or, just anyone looking for ...more
amy jalbert
Jul 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Adventures in Paris Tombs

Three teen girls go to Paris on a cheap flight for vacation. They're accosted by 117 men while there, all of whom are drawn in the book with number tattoos. The narrator relates events in a confidently wondering tone. Great read😊
Anna
Aug 14, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: loc-france, travel
This is pretty wacky, and I kind of loved it. Pretty relatable, except for the part (view spoiler) Reading this brings me back to all the foolish stuff I did in college while traveling.
Julie
May 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a funny book; I especially loved the use of French idioms and their literal meanings, and how they fit in with what was going on in the story. I appreciated the artwork as well, and wish I could draw!

I loved it as is, but I also think I was waiting for either more details on the characters and their relationships, or else more about those French men.

I really enjoyed this and will look for more by this author.
Shelley
Jan 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I can only imagine that this is the kind of stuff that would happen to me on a trip to Paris. I laughed at the crazy circumstances these girls found themselves in and as a parent, cringed at the thought of my oldest daughter of the same age traveling with two friends and experiencing this kind of a trip.
Shoshanah Marohn
Apr 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Michael Vleet
Cindy
Apr 24, 2018
Martha Jackson
Mar 27, 2017 rated it it was ok
This book can easily be read in one sitting. The questionable dudes on each page are a hoot!
Shannon
rated it did not like it
Oct 02, 2017
Sharon
Jun 29, 2017
Shoshanah Marohn
Nov 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Davidfdz
  • This and That: A fun and funky coloring collection for all ages
  • Saving Anna
  • Goodnight Dorm Room: All the Advice I Wish I Got Before Going to College
  • Fantastic Birds To Color: A Bird Coloring Book For Adults
  • Backyard Farming: Composting: How to Plan, Build, and Maintain Your Own Compost System for a Healthy and Vibrant Garden
  • Pimp My Rice
  • Hannah West: Sleuth on the Trail
  • Adult Coloring Book: Easter Eggs: Relax and Let Your Imagination Run Wild with 40 Great Pictures to Color
  • The Lawyer's Guide to Writing Well
  • On the Go Bags: 15 Handmade Purses, Totes & Organizers: Unique Projects to Sew from Today's Modern Designers
  • Ascension: The Dragons of Kendualdern
  • Undead Rising: Decide Your Destiny
  • Draculiza
  • Spell Fade
  • Coloring DC: Harley Quinn in Batman Adventures: Mad Love
  • Two Weeks in Costa Rica
  • Adult Coloring Book: 29 Animal Designs for Stress Relief
  • Tommy Twice: This Is Your Life
Shoshanah Lee Marohn is an artist and writer. She lives on a small farm in rural Wisconsin with several goofy looking sheep.