Start by marking “Double Play (Nadia Stafford, #3.5)” as Want to Read:
Double Play (Nadia Stafford, #3.5)

Double Play (Nadia Stafford #3.5)

4.31  ·  Rating details ·  665 Ratings  ·  69 Reviews
Life is good for lodge owner and sometime hitwoman Nadia Stafford — a couple of dogs, a job she takes satisfaction in and the man she loves at her side as they literally build a home together. It’s as close to normal as a pair of contract killers can get.

Jack knows that sometimes being very, very good at what you do can be very, very bad — for those around him. He’s gone
Published April 5th 2016 by Traverse Press

To ask other readers questions about Double Play, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Double Play

Louisa
Apr 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: re-reads
Loved rereading this novella, great being with these characters, and again, I would love a 4th book and beyond in this series! It's just so fantastic!

*First read June 4th, 2016*
Oh, man, it was so great to see Nadia and Jack again! Loved this adventure, and I really hope that there'll be more!
Diana Brown
May 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! It was too short, but made me want to read the series again!!!
Ferdy
Pretty good, liked catching up with Nadia/Jack and their lodge and semi-retirement of sorts. The secondary characters were better though, Quinn and Evelyn were far more entertaining and lively than Nadia/Jack.
Apr 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing

4.5/5 stars

Double Play is a novella, #3.5 in the Nadia Stafford series. It is meant to be read after the three books in the series as it takes place after book 3.

This book has two narrators who alternate chapters. The narrators are Nadia (first person narration) and Jack (third person narration).

The basic premise of this series is that Nadia was a former cop turned hitwoman. But she was a hitwoman with a conscience. Something traumatic had happened in her childhood that put her on this path. Nad
Meep
Jul 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Discovered this late last night (early this morning) and stayed awake until I'd read it.

Loved revisiting Nadia and co. it's a novella which makes the action packed plot seem to move all the faster, a complex tangle for pragmatic Jack to cut through. Though the action leaves little downtime there was enough bonding to keep me happy.

Really enjoyed the re-visit.
Karen
May 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
I love, love, love the Nadia Stafford series so I was super excited to stumble upon this new novella. And thrilled that it's told from both Nadia AND Jack's pov. It was so nice to be inside his head instead of interpreting his grunts lol

This was action packed and really shined a lot on their complicated relationship.

I hope we get more of these stories!

*There was one thing that bothered me though. Almost every single bad guy is and is described as Hispanic - with not much else in the way of descr
DemetraP
May 06, 2016 rated it liked it
I'm a huge fan of the Nadia Stafford series. This is a great short story with lots of things you'll want to see if you've read the earlier books. This is not a stand alone, you must read the earlier books or you'll be lost.
Katie
Yay, more Nadia! I wish (view spoiler), but, overall, I was just happy to spend more time with these characters.

I love Kelley Armstrong a lot.

Re-read October 2017
Jeanine
Dec 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this audio book. Kelley Armstrong is one of my favorite authors and this was no exception. The Narration was great, and the story moves along quickly. I greatly enjoyed this book.
Michelle
Aug 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
I liked this, although not as much as the previous books. I loved every bit we got between Jack and Nadia, but I also wanted much more of them as a couple, particularly since it was only novella-length, so there weren’t many opportunities to see them together. It was really great getting Jack’s POV, though! And what we did get between them was wonderful. Nadia got him a dog!!! And the scheduled phonecalls they had while he was away on a job!!! (view spoiler) ...more
K.
3.5 stars.

This was...fine? But it didn't really add a whole lot to the world of Nadia Stafford. I liked that we got Nadia's first person perspective as well as Jack's third person perspective, and that we got to be inside his head a bit, because let's be honest - Jack's not exactly the most eloquent of chaps, and it was great to see his feelings for Nadia from his perspective.

But at the same time, it felt like Armstrong was sick of being asked for a happy-ever-after for them, and so wrote a no
Alix
Apr 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
I'm always up for more Nadia! And this novella didn't disappoint! I was mostly here for more Nadia and Nadia/Jack (view spoiler) I also liked the story! (view spoiler) ...more
Piseog
Jul 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
I was so happy when I discovered this novella; I wasn't expecting more Nadia. It was such a pleasant surprise. I loved getting to read from Jack's POV, and learning how much Nadia means to him. This novella didn't make me super excited, just like the rest of the series, but overall I really enjoyed it.
Sandra
Apr 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kobo-e-reader
I was very happy to read more about Nadia and Jack! Nadia is one of my all time favourite book characters and to be able to see more of her was awesome. This was a short novella but packed a lot into a few pages, the story was gripping and I very much enjoyed it. I can only hope that there will be more...
Anniken Haga
May 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
It was good to get back in with Nadia again, and I loved that we got part of the story from Jacks POV.
Seeing how it is a novella, its OK that it was so short, but I felt that it missed something.
Still a great and fast read, though!
Armstrongs writing is as good as ever!
Annabelle
Nov 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I only recently read Wild Justice, the final book in the Nadia Stafford series, and was sad to see the series finish. I started this series back in 2011/2012 so I’ve followed these characters and watched the story unfold for a long time so I was very excited to hear about the two novellas Kelley Armstrong was releasing which follow on from the final book. Although I was satisfied with the ending of the last book, it’s always nice to revisit characters and see what they are up to now.

The novella
Lola
Nov 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this short novella. It was great returning to this series for a little while and getting to spend some time with Jack and Nadia. And while you can easily skip this novella as the trilogy wraps things up nicely, I do think it's a great extra for the fans of this series and it does adds something and furthers a few things.

The story centers about a bit of a mystery, Jack is in Ireland for a mission and Nadia is still at home at the lodge. Then on both sides they land in an investigation.
Alison
A follow up novella to the wildly different and much lamented Nadia Stafford series.

Nadia and Jack are finally together at last. But Jack is called back to Ireland by his old mentor to repay a favour, then Nadia gets a visit from a representative of a vigilante group to tell her than her ex, Quinn, has gone missing in mysterious circumstances.

What appear to be two totally unconnected events start to converge as the plot twists and turns and suddenly everyone's life is in danger.

Loved it, just lo
Kylie
Feb 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love Kelley Armstrong, and I really enjoy the Nadia books. This is probably my favourite of all of the set ups in terms of the whole 'what's going on' side of things, probably because there was a lot of focus on Jack. Don't get me wrong, I really love Nadia, but after learning her story in book 3, her complexity is explained. Jack's was described too, but this gave a lot more on the ground info, and he is really interesting. after all! Not saying it was perfect (a bit on the schmaltzy side in ...more
Karin
Nadia Stafford Book 3.5

Nadia, Jack and the gang are back! When Jack receives the call from an old mentor to take a job out of the country, Nadia stays at the lodge to cater to her customers. However, she is recruited by the Contrapasso to find her friend, Quinn. On his job, Jack gets a bad feeling and is proven correct when Killian double-crosses him. Now, Jack is frantic to find Nadia to keep her safe.

If you're looking for a story with old friends, murder and intrigue, this is the book for you!
Mariana P-Murray
Nov 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Listened to it in audiobook format.
Amazing work by Kelley Armstrong as always. So nice to get more from Nadia and the narration by Vivienne Leheny just brought the story to life.
The storyline keeps you engaged, the characters we already knew are awesome and the narration was fantastic.
Hope to hear more soon.
Tanya
Oct 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved the Nadia Stafford trilogy so was seriously excited to discover this book existed and from the very first page it did not disappoint.

Nadia and Jack. Quinn. Evelyn. And a last from Jack's past all combined in one awesome little novella.

Gripping and thrilling enough to knock over in one sitting. I want more!
Jun 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
A well paced Nadia Stafford novella, told alternatively from Nadia and Jack's point of view. We get some bonus details about the characters from the original trilogy and we get to see what they're up t post-series. Mystery, tension, and dead bodies.
Maggie
Aug 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 is a tad generous, for me mainly because I finished the book in a matter of hours and I'd hoped to be immersed in something longer. That said, it's a fun easy read - if you enjoy the Nadia series, you will enjoy this one.
Stasi
Jan 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I've missed Nadia. Can we have more stories about her, please? They're always so good!
Alison
Jun 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great story!

Highly entertaining. Nadia and Jack are a solid partnership. They keep in character. Good action and twists for a shorter story.
Linda Cain
Nov 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another great book by Kelley Armstrong!
Cherryonion
Sep 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
Ties up loose ends

A good short story that ties up some loose ends about Quinn, Jack's past and the relationship between Jack and Nadia.
Bevin
Nov 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Love this series

Perfect Victim is another great Nadia story! Hope another full length book will be following can't get enough of this series!
Sara
Nov 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed the story! I will be reading the rest of the series since it’s not available on audio, but I might wait for it. It’s worthy!
  • The Tunnel (Ben Hope, #0.6)
  • The First Fall (Incryptid, #0.07)
  • Binary Witness (The Amy Lane Mysteries, #1)
  • Safe in Your Fire (The Village, #1)
  • Star Dust (Fly Me to the Moon, #1)
  • When I Fall (Montgomery Manor #2)
  • Ward Against Destruction (Chronicles of a Reluctant Necromancer, #4)
  • Phase Shift (Chaos Station, #5)
  • Just Give Me a Reason (Lopez Brothers, #2)
  • A Lady's Guide to Skirting Scandal (The Lords of Worth, #2.5)
  • Body Rocks (Off Beat, #1)
  • Take Me, Cowboy (Copper Ridge: Desire #1)
  • Shadowed Heart: A Luc and Summer Novel (Amour et Chocolat, #5.5)
  • Slamdunked By Love (One-on-One #2)
  • In the Distance (In the Kitchen, #3)
  • Laugh (Burnside, #2)
  • Letters At Christmas (Men Of Fortune, #1)

More about Kelley Armstrong

Nadia Stafford (5 books)
  • Exit Strategy (Nadia Stafford #1)
  • Made to Be Broken (Nadia Stafford, #2)
  • Wild Justice (Nadia Stafford, #3)
  • Perfect Victim (Nadia Stafford #3.6)
  • Double Play / Perfect Victim (Nadia Stafford, #3.5 & #3.6)

Mystery & Thrillers Deals

• Killman Creek (Stillhouse Lake, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Shaken (Jack Daniels Mystery, #7)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Day (Jessie Cole, #1)
  • Split Second
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Killing Lessons (Valerie Hart, #1)
  • Scat
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Blood Money (Joe Dillard #6)
  • Bluebird, Bluebird
    $13.99 $2.99
  • The Falcon at the Portal (Amelia Peabody, #11)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • In Good Faith (Joe Dillard #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Forbidden Stone (The Copernicus Legacy, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Monogram Murders
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Hanging Judge (The Judge Norcross Novels)
  • The Visitant: A Venetian Ghost Story
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Die Like an Eagle (Meg Langslow #20)
  • Damaged
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Virgin in the Ice (The Chronicles of Brother Cadfael)
  • Little Monsters
    $10.99 $1.99
  • A Reason to Live (A Marty Singer Mystery Book 1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Agatha Raisin and the Potted Gardener (Agatha Raisin, #3)
  • Infinity Born
    $6.99 $2.49
  • True Fiction (Ian Ludlow Thrillers #1)
  • The Long and Faraway Gone
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Deadly Recall (Jessie Cole, #2)
  • The Curse of the Pharaohs
  • When You Disappeared
  • Queenpin
  • I'm Thinking of Ending Things
  • Song of Kali
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Counterfeit Heiress (Lady Emily, #9)
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Ugly Young Thing (Strangers #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Burglars Can't Be Choosers (Rhodenbarr, #1)
  • Trespassing
    $5.99 $2.99
  • In Cold Blood (A Beatrix Rose Thriller Book 1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Stranger Inside (Strangers #4)
  • The Remains
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Doubt (Caroline Auden, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Signature Wounds (A Grale Thriller Book 1)
  • The Trouble with Goats and Sheep
    $11.99 $2.99
  • The Naturalist (The Naturalist #1)
  • The Girl from the Sea
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Hammerhead Ranch Motel (Serge Storms Mystery, #2)
    $2.99 $1.99
  • The Five Red Herrings (Lord Peter Wimsey, #7)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Lady Cop Makes Trouble  (Kopp Sisters #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Stillhouse Lake (Stillhouse Lake, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • And Only to Deceive (Lady Emily, #1)
    $10.49 $1.99
  • Furious (Faith McMann Trilogy, #1)
  • The Forgotten Ones
  • Moving Day
  • Jade Dragon Mountain
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Hangman's Daughter (The Hangman's Daughter, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The 19th Wife
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Dead Over Heels (Aurora Teagarden, #5)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Whole Enchilada (A Goldy Schulz Culinary Mystery #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Curse (Blur Trilogy #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Poisonous (Max Revere, #3)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • An Expert in Murder (Josephine Tey, #1)
    $4.74 $1.99
  • Mission Flats
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Blur  (Blur Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Death of a Travelling Man (Hamish Macbeth Mystery)
  • The Grave Tender
  • I Am Watching You
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Persons Unknown (DS Manon, #2)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • The Given Day
  • Anatomy of a Scandal
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Perfect Stranger
    $11.99 $3.99
  • Lying in Wait
    $9.99 $3.99
  • Outrage (Faith McMann Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Lion (John Corey, #5)
  • Poppet
  • Mine
  • Ritual: A Novel
    $13.99 $1.99
  • Injustice For All (Joe Dillard #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrath (Faith McMann Trilogy, #3)
  • Hanging Hill: A Novel
  • Fractured
  • The Winter Over
  • American by Day
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Shifting Tide (William Monk, #14)
  • The Necklace
  • Good Behavior
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Big Fear (Hollow City Series, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Birdman
  • Clockers
  • Never Smile at Strangers
  • The Moonlit Garden
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Holy Island (DCI Ryan Mysteries, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Barkeep
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Good Liar
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Cold (A Joe Tiplady Thriller #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Criminal Defense (Philadelphia Legal #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Poppy Done to Death (Aurora Teagarden, #8)
  • Twisted
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Open and Shut (Andy Carpenter Series, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • No Shred of Evidence (Inspector Ian Rutledge, #18)