Start by marking “Moon Sworn (The Bound Series #1)” as Want to Read:
Moon Sworn (The Bound Series #1)

Moon Sworn (The Bound Series #1)

4.02  ·  Rating details ·  53 Ratings  ·  25 Reviews
Moon Sworn is an introduction to 'The Bound Series,' (Heated Shifter Romance). The story and the characters continue throughout the series. (Not a standalone).

At 4-years old Maya Rawlings witnessed her own father horrifically murder her mother. Brought up by an older aunt she knows nothing of her family history.

She wants a family of her own to make up for all that she's l
Published June 12th 2016 by Amazon Digital Services (first published June 4th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Moon Sworn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Moon Sworn

Tracey
I love discovering a new shifter series, this is a series by an author I haven't read before so you never know what to expect! I dived in and liked how Jaden was communicating with Maya, telepathically. They had never met but they are mates and upon their first meeting it got hot and heavy quickly, it seemed a little one sided at one point and made me a little uncomfortable, but then it is Paranormal and animals act differently, and Jaden felt bad, so don't be put off by that scene as you will m ...more
Dawn
Jul 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely brilliant!
Warning, this book gets very hot, very fast!
The chemistry between Maya and Jaden was off the charts from the second they met.
I love shifter stories, but I often find them lacking in depth; not this one. This has the romance, humour, suspense, and fear all rolled into one.
I really felt for Maya having being left on her own from such a young age, but Jaden also. KNowing what happened to his family and then living his life over two centuries all by himself... Heartbreaking.
Fin
Rosie Chapel
Jul 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW, this book is superb! Shifters, vampires and witches living side by side with unsuspecting humans in the seemingly quiet village of Lunaton. Murder and mystery stalk this little village, at the same time as two people realise their lives are inextricably entwined, and that they must bind themselves to each other before the next full moon, or suffer the consequences. Bit by bit, we are introduced to a wonderfully diverse, rich and complex set of characters who have found a place to live undis ...more
Romaine Heart
Jul 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love paranormal shifters and just found a new author to stalk. JF Holland sends us on an adventure of paranormal shifters that will captivate you from the very beginning as she spins a web of mystery, deceit, murder and suspense.
The tradition is that once you reach 21 you have 5 years to find your soulmate. After that time if you have not found and mated with your soulmate then you will permanently become the beast on four legs forever alone.
Jaden is desperately trying to find his mate. It's
Kristen
Nov 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved this Book!

Bossy, possessive, growly alpha male shifter? Um, yes please! Sassy, smart, feisty heroine? Also a yes please! I really enjoyed this book. This was my first book by J.F. Holland and I loved it. I immediately bought the rest of the series and I am reading them straight through. You really get to know the secondary characters and you are drawn in to want to learn their secrets and read about them finding their mates. I cannot wait to find out if there will be more of this series!
tania
Jul 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: best-reads
wow just wow

I don't normally read paranormal romances but thought hey I would try this one out.

as soon as I opened the book I was hook on Maya and Jaden's story
this is one hot romance between them both and the way they Autor has managed to pull in a non-reader of paranormal was amazing i plan now to read the rest of the series as I was truly hooked.

the book was very well written and there was so much detail in the book that I couldn't put it down as I was so intrigued of what was happening nex
Spunky N Sassy
Jul 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Spunky N Sassy Rating: 5.0

~~~~~~~~~~Julie's ★★★★★ Review~~~~~~~~~~~

Julie Jackson
Jul 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed for SNS

Maya life has been hell. When the man comes to her in her dreams, she thinks she is crazy. Jaden must find his mate. After 21 years, he only knows that he must have her and make her his. The underlying threat in this read is phenomenal. I love the fact that Maya is a sassy and very stern character. Jaden is a tough and take no for an answer type of man. Can he keep her safe or will her past get her killed? Excellent writing. I can’t wait to dive into this series.
Sally Wareham
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was the very first paranormal book I had ever read and also the first book by this author...I have to say it wasn't what I was expecting but far better ...thankyou jf for giving me another genre of book to read ...
Jessica Zeleskey
Aug 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was my 1St book by this author and I can't wait to read more of this story! I loved the characters. The beginning had me a little iffy if I was going to like the main guy but he started to grow on me once I read further into the story. I loved the story line and can't wait to see where the author goes with the next books in this series
Robin Toy
Mar 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Nice quick read

Maya calling Haden Tibbles had to be the funniest best Jaguar name I've heard... Good storyline I do have to say some of the phrases from England can sure confuse this girl from USA..... going on to book 2 💜
Sandra
May 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Well what can i say, my first paranormal book and i loved every page. Having read normal erotic books by this author and loving them too i took a chance and am so glad i did..The story of Jaden and Maya is just so different yet so erotic, you can almost feel the lust and the need for Jaden to mate with Maya the woman that seems to to have a fire in her soul. The sex scenes seemed that little bit more erotic and intense and somewhat animalistic but seemed to add to the whole storyline of these in ...more
Maria Lazarou--Obsessed by Books Blog
I haven't read a paranormal read, in quite a while, but this one really held my attention.

This is the first in a new series for J.F. Holland and she has blown shifter reads out of the water with this one. If you are expecting the run of the mill, norm, shifter read, then you cannot be more wrong.

Maya, is a woman that has suffered the loss of one of her parents and was a witness to what happened. This has scarred her, and she has always felt that there was something missing in her life. She knows
Linda Rea
Nov 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love shifter stories and this is one of my favorites! Maya keeps hearing something in her head, talking and even feelings but every so often she feels on edge. Jaden is her mate but she doesn't know it yet but he does and the fact that she can hear him in her head and he can hear her means he is close. If Jaden can convince Maya to mate with him he will continue to be immoral but she doesn't know anything about them. Maya is very strong willed and is not gonna be a pushover for anyone least of ...more
Bella Settarra
Jan 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I hadn't read any of JF Holland's work before but I'm so glad I read this! It was totally different from anything I have ever read - which is a massive bonus when there are so many books out there to choose from - and I will certainly be reading more of her stories.

JF Holland is brilliant at world-building, with vivid descriptions and great ideas. The main characters were likeable and the reader shared their emotions and thoughts. I found the book rather sad in places, really funny in others, a
Kereana
Feb 12, 2018 rated it liked it
It was ok just not for me

I'm sorry I no author's spend a lot of time etc on books but this story just wasn't for me. I liked the storyline and different aspects in the story but I found that the main storyline is really all about the romance side of Mackenzie and jaden. It just had too much intimate (talking to each other in their minds) and I'm wanting to know what happens to her dad, does the murder of jaden parents have anything to do with the dad etc those kinda questions. I dnt mind romance
Jackie
Jan 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
How do I describe the book that kept me enraptured? Maya Rawlings is a beautiful character, with a history of pain and loss. Equally, Jaden has a longer history of sadness. I hated him at first, finding myself thinking "who the hell does this di## think he is?" Being unable to see a future for them... perhaps they won't make it. Then my opinion changed, realising that his past has made him who he is. The passion was hot, darned hot! I've ordered the next two books, in anticipation of more drama ...more
Lindsay Johnston
Aug 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great Book. I was hooked from the beginning. The chemistry between Maya and Jaden was great. I LOVED the banter between the two and how Maya never backed down with Jaden, if anything she kept prodding him to see what kind of reaction she could get. It was great, so easy and so fun to read.

I love the twists and turns in the book, didn't expect them at all. Can't wait for the next book
Lindsay Crook
Nov 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is the first JF Holland book Iv read and I was not disappointed. Its brilliantly written and the story had me hooked from the start.I fell in love with the characters..Paranormal lovers d totally read this book.
Maggie Decker
Dec 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book introduces you to a new world of characters that are complex, fun, and intriguing. Just like real life, this book has family drama, relationship struggles, hard life lessons, and it does it all with wit and claws. I can't wait to read book 2.
A.B Penner
Oct 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Quite a change from Holland's contemporary romance series. In this first book of The Bound Series, you'll find the heat factor raised with a dash of dominance. Well-paced novel with detailed action scenes sure to leave you wanting more, and well-rounded characters. JF Holland will not disappoint.
Kayla Krantz
Nov 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
N/A
E.C. Jarvis
Jul 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love J.F. Holland's writing, and I really enjoyed this book. It was a great read!
Helen Bright
Jun 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Moonsworn, by JF Holland, was very different to most shifter novels I have ever read. It had background, not only about how you find your mate etc, but also about the village and surrounding area, which tied the whole story together. I think that as the series progresses, more will unfold about the area, although I could be wrong, but it would be great to see that happen. As always, Ms Hollands characters were well portrayed and the book carried a lot of humour, not to mention steamy scenes (sho ...more
Danny L Walling
Jun 30, 2016 rated it did not like it
1/2 Star

I couldn't even get a fourth of a way into the book without stopping. Horrible book with a STUPID story, with characters that I had no idea what they were doing. DON'T GET THE BOOK.
Azusa
Booklover
rated it it was ok
Jun 13, 2016
How Lunaton and Moon Sworn were born. 1 4 Jun 15, 2016 04:30AM

The Bound Series (6 books)
  • Bound by the Moon (The Bound Series #2)
  • Fire in The Moon (The Bound Series #3)
  • Light up The Moon (The Bound Series #4)
  • Magic in The Moon (The Bound Series Book #5)
  • The Bound Series e-book box set (The Bound Series e-book box set book 1-4)