Start by marking “Seven” as Want to Read:
Seven

Seven

DEVASTATION
Moving back home wasn't anything I ever wanted.
But after enduring the worst,
Going home was the only answer.
Being back is everything I thought it would be...
Awful, isolating, a constant reminder of what I lost.
And the last thing I need--or want--is another reminder of my past,
Especially Bryant Wood.

GUILT
That's all I feel--all I can see when I look at Savannah
First Edition, 320 pages
Published May 24th 2016 by Susan Renee

To ask other readers questions about Seven, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Seven

Anne OK
Mar 09, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-reads
A tearjerker that definitely brings on the emotions. I'm not going to give away spoilers -- better to take each step as it comes as the story unfolds. Nothing you haven't read before, but this author does tell a poignant story that unveils her own twist. Be forewarned that there is an overabundance of angst and heartbreak.
Brandi
4 "On a scale of one to four" Stars

I struggled with the beginning of this book. I tried to think about it from my perspective as a mother and I had a hard time making a decision. Is it one of those things you never know until you're in the moment? Is it something you can really prepare for? And then again, who prepares for that kind of thing?

No one. No one prepares for the heartache and loss that Savannah experiences in the first few pages of this book. No one wants to think worst case scenar
Sabine
Oct 07, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
After a tragedy, Savannah returns to her hometown and with her parents' help, she tries to move on. On her twenty-seventh birthday her friends take her out to the local bar where the sexy barkeeper hits on her. Bryant recognises Savannah almost immediately as the one that got away. He had a crush on her during high school but since he was a jock and she the one with brains, he had remained silent so she never knew.

Now Bryant has a second chance, a chance he never dreamt he ever get - but he has
♡ Jeri's Book Attic ♡ the Romance Bibiliophile ♡

I just read Seven by Susan Renee and I am still wondering something that probably has totally nothing to do with the book – but – Dear Author … are you by any chance a fan of Startrek Voyager? … (having said that – if she is – she will know what I am referring to)

Savannah and Bryant’s story was an interesting one.

There were several moments when I found myself rolling my eyes because some things were just too obvious (the “secret”) and in the first few chapters I almost thought Bryant was kind of
Kandy
Apr 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was stuck in this book, I literally had a hard time putting it down! The people I got to meet in this book are hella strong, sarcastic, and still able to follow their hearts. This book gave me hope for the people I grew to love and have all the best work out for them. There are some twists and turns that I think made this story complete! Thank you Susan Renee for allowing me the gift of reading your book!!
BB Belle
May 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star-reviews
This book had me crying within the first chapter and more throughout the entire book. Seven by Susan Renee is a book about a woman who loses everything in one fateful event and her struggle to keep moving forward. I don’t know if I would have been as strong as this character if I was her. My heart broke for her and I just wanted to reach inside my book and give her a hug.

Savannah Turner has gone through the worst life could ever give her. Savannah loses her husband and her one year old daughter
Suzy Baba
Mar 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars.......Absolutely Beautiful. In a blink of an eye Savannah's world is shattered.... Her husband and baby girl are taken away in a car accident leaving her to survive the pain of being a widow and childless. Nothing could have prepared Savannah for the loneliness that consumed her day and night. Her life as she knew it ended that fatal night, now she was surviving each day hoping it would get her closer to when she would reunite with her family in heaven.
Bryant's world was wrapped aroun
Yuana
Apr 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2018
Chantelle Smith
Dec 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: itsy-bitsy-books
Devastation that what Savannah feels.
Moving back home wasn’t anything that she ever wanted to do, but after enduring the worst, going home was the only answer. But being back is everything that she thought it would be... Awful, isolating, and a constant reminder of what she has lost. And the last thing she wants or needs is another reminder of her past. Especially Bryant Wood!
Guilt is what Bryant feels.
It’s all that he can see when he looks at Savannah Turner, he wants to hold her, feel her and
Robin Rankin
Dec 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Seven is a must-read book, especially if you want to cry as you read it, just don’t read it in public. I was in tears on page two and several other times. I mean like serious ugly cry tears. I managed to read it in just over a day, I could not put it down.

Savannah has dealt with the worse kind of tragedy any adult could and no person should have to deal with. As the lone survivor of a horrible accident she must say goodbye to ones she loves and then learn how to live her life again without them.
Marisol Garcia
Dec 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 of 5 stars
Seven by Susan Renee is a highly emotional read. The book was well written, and the characters were likeable. It’s not a book I ever considered putting down, but it was highly charged and emotional. The complete and utter loss and devastation that Savannah suffers at the beginning of the book is pretty extreme. I don’t know how one person could get past that and continue living. I liked the book because it shows the possibilities of opening yourself up again, despite the pain of the
Loredana
Jun 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was a book which took me by surprise and had me running for the tissue box! Damn...I wasn't ready for it. I mean, I know you get the hint that Savannah is going to have devastation in her life, but be prepared. I cried BIG.FAT.TEARS. The good news? What comes afterwards is worth foraging through the tissues back to the book. The main highlight? Bryant. HOT DIGGITY DOG.

First thought on this guy? Douche reformed. Second thought? A guy misjudged by stupid teenage hormones. I *almost* want to
Melissa Schaub
5 Stars *****

I completely loved Seven by Susan Renee, this book was so emotionally written that you can feel it in every page of the book.
Savannah knew what love and happiness were until one night it was all taken from her in the most tragic way. She is not sure if she will ever get over the pain that she feels. Her parents pack her up and move her back home; eventually she gets a job and is able to put on smile so placate everyone around her. Almost three years later on her 27th birthday the g
Angela Shirley
Dec 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ibbb-reviews
I really enjoyed this book, Seven is a book that brings all the emotions to the surface. At the beginning you learn that Savannah has had an extremely heart wrenching tragedy happen to her and that she believes life will never be the same again.
She then decides to leave the bad memories she has from her old life and moves back to her childhood home to start rebuilding her life. After four years of just existing, her friend and boss
Rachel decides she needs to let her hair down and go to the loca
Sharon Landry Aldrich
Healing Love

I almost put this book down after the first chapter. Not because it was a bad book, but because I knew it would get me. There are books that make you laugh. Books that make you mad. There are those that make you fall in love. Then there are books that hurt your heart. This book is all of those. Yes, I cried. Not many books will do that, but this one did. I loved this story and more. Susan touches on so many emotions in this story, I just wanted to ask her WHY! Why it happened!? Of co
Kerry
Aug 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Becky Wise
Mar 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An emotional read that will bring tears to your eyes several times yet make your heart happy in the end. Seven is amazing. Seeing how strong Savannah is through everything she has lost is enduring. Bryant is an amazing single father who has been in love with Savannah forever. Once she moves back you can't help but feel the pull. Ivy is a special little girl who you can't help but adore. Even though Bryant is hiding a secret from Savannah you understand why and you feel for him. You hope that the ...more
Pamela Sims
Jul 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Five heartwarming stars!

I loved this book so much. Heartbreaking, funny and beautifully written. I laughed, I cried, and I fell in love with everyone in this book. A definite must read!
Nov 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016-challenge
Oh my god this book had me in tears through most of it. The things they go through on both sides of the spectrum are every parents worst nightmare. The way they come together was sweet. Bryant is so sexy I almost couldn't handle it lol. Great story.
Denise
Jun 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
It is a very emotional book about the loss of a family and second chances at love. I enjoyed this story and would read something else from this author.
Lorena Tucholke
Dec 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very good!

It was a good book, made me cry a little bit but was worth it! So much tragedy but so much love too.
Lexie Grayson
Jul 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful

I enjoyed this book so much. I would recommend this as a must read...years, laughter and love all in one story.
Sharonda
May 12, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hallmark
So this would be in my list labeled hallmark... something good to read after to many dark romances or thrillers. I enjoyed this book I wish I didn't predict 60% of it but still a good story.
Irene Jonker
Dec 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Seven by Susan Renee is a good book, though not an easy one to get through in the beginning. The thing that I love about this book even though it makes me sad is that this book is real. What happens in this book to the main character isn’t a situation that leaves you thinking “oh this could never happen”, as it has happened to many people. When a book deals with issues such as this one does, and does a good job doing so, it makes the book and characters relatable and I absolutely love it… even t ...more
Angela Batchelder
Dec 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Seven by Susan Renee is a book that gets you thinking! What would you do? How would you go on? Can you go on with your life after something unimaginable happens to you? Will you ever be happy again or just take it day by day and try to survive? What if you find a reason to live can you?
Savannah Turner had a loving husband, a beautiful baby girl name Peyton. That all changed in an instant!!! That night on new years changed her life and it changed the person Savannah was. Two years has passed and
Heather
Dec 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Seven, by Susan Renee, was not an easy story to begin reading - it starts with devastation. Savannah Turner lost everything in one day, a day of the year that should be a sign of new beginnings, of hope – it was everything but. Then the story goes into guilt. Bryant Wood wants to give Savannah everything she deserves. He wants to comfort and console her, love her and thank her for gift given to him – yet he cannot as he feels it will destroy everything and her. This is a story of loss, a story o ...more
Meg ~Delight in the Quiet~
Apr 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
“Grief is…it’s a fickle thing. It never ends. Never. It just…changes over time…and we learn to adapt our lives to it. It comes when we least expect it and sometimes it’s not there when we think it should be. It’s not a sign of weakness or a lack of love on your part. Intense grief means there was an intense love and to me, that’s the greatest gift you could give anyone. Grief just means your heart is working.”

This was such an emotional read for me. I cried in the beginning, middle and end. My he
Marsha Coulton
Feb 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Romance for all

I was totally unprepared for the emotional roller coaster this beautiful story evoked. The author has vast knowledge on the subject of death ,grief, loss of a child and husband, falling in love again and the dialogue of love to his girlfriend had humor, tenderness,thoughtfulness was so selfless I wanted to find a clone of him. The Book flies the reader on a romantic ride to a tender dialogue between the principles. And we get a HEA.
Recommend highly.
Romance
Oct 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sweet second chance love story.

Everyone needs a Bryant Wood in their lives. Savannah has had one sad, tortured, and broken life. Who knew all it took was a stop a bar to begin to heal.
Monica
Dec 10, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Touching

This is a new to me author. I wasn’t sure what to expect. I wasn’t disappointed. This was a good emotional read for me. I love reading about the two main characters finding their way in life.
  • With These Hands
  • Redemption
  • Tainted: Lance and Mary (Cliffside Bay #5)
  • The Mermaid and Her King
  • War Poppy (War, #1)
  • The Mechanic (Old Habits #1)
  • Under Currents
  • GHOST (Devil's Disciples MC #3)
  • Nate (Cocky Cage Fighter, #6)
  • The Demon's Mistress (Three Heroes, #1; Company of Rogues, #6)
  • Sombra (Love in Translation, #2)
  • Breaking Giants
  • The Marriage Bed
  • Tender Is The Knight  (Knights, #9; The Brocade #7)
  • Substitute Bride (Beaufort Brides, #2)
  • Wish
  • Finding Home (Club Dark #1)
  • It All Falls Down
Susan Renee wants to live in a world where paint doesn’t smell, Hogwarts is open twenty-four/seven, and everything is covered in glitter. An indie romance author, Susan has written about everything from lawn mowers to thick colossal bottles of wine, and has won a Snuggle Buddy award for her nonfiction book, “The Hula Hoop Tester’s Guide to Jumping.” She lives in Ohio with her family and seven tiny ...more
“Are you sleeping with other” 0 likes