Start by marking “Always His (Crazed Devotion #1)” as Want to Read:
Always His (Crazed Devotion #1)

Always His

(Crazed Devotion #1)

Forgiveness …
It isn’t always as easy as it sounds.

Becoming a Marine had been Ryker’s dream, but that dream faded when it led to losing the one girl who held his heart.

Returning to Alabama after being gone for more than five years was going to be hard, but he couldn’t continue to live without her.

His world seemed empty and there was only one thing that could heal that v
Published May 9th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Always His, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Always His

Start your review of Always His (Crazed Devotion #1)
Barbara➰
I really enjoyed this one. Which surprised me because usually second-chance romance is not my thing.

Did Ryker make the right decision back then, 5 years ago? No, not really. Dumb man!

Did he make up for it when he returned? Yes, I think so. Possessive and alpha, yes!

He was relentless when he comes back and continued to pursue Nicole. I absolutely LOVED how he accepted Tori no questions asked. He loved her immediately. He says and does some of the sweetest things to them both.

Nicole was a great
♡Tonya♡
H broke the h's heart when he left her 5 years before after promising her he would be back for her. she was devastated. A couple years after he leaves, being still heartbroken, has a drunken ONS with a guy from their small town. That night produces a beautiful little girl who her father has little to no contact with. Now, 5 years later, H gets out of Marines and comes back for the woman he has never stopped loving. He wasn't about to take no for an answer. This was a sweet love story once he was ...more
Libby Harrison

Cheating: none
HEA: yes
Triggers: some OM drama

Average score: 3.5/5

Best Line: “If going home to beg her for forgiveness made me a pussy, then I would be happy to have that title.”

Worst Line: none that stood out to me

Personal Review:
This was a solid second chance romance between a single mother and a marine. It didn’t hit me in the feels so much but I enjoyed the H
Valentine
*****spoiler****

So...I choose this book because I'm a sucker for a second chance love story but I have to admit I didn't like it a bit.

I was annoyed by the fact that she already slept with him around the 29%.
I mean, he left her 5 years ago, stopped any contact for 4 years and came back to town like nothing happened.

The only original thing here is that the h had a one-night-stand with a local idiot that obviously ended up with a little girl (about 2 years after the H left).

I was enjoying the fact
Chantal ❤️
She cheats on him but he leaves her high and dry for no real reason. He was an asshole that made up for it by being a stand up guy to the little girl she had with another guy. I am all about equality here I would have hated it even if it was him who had a kid. She was manipulated into the kid situation and I don't like how that happened as it read like a rape situation to me personally. She was drunk and he was trying to get into her pants. That's textbook rape to me. That's why I did not like t ...more
Megan Fall
May 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
A sweet story about a second chance! I loved Ryker and his determination to win back his girl.
Julie
Dec 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
2nd time

RYKER, **drool** as soon as I started reading I thought dang this sounds familiar. I got so far and knew without a doubt I had read it. A LONG time ago. Appearantly I forgot to rate it. I really am beginning to believe C.A. Harms writes stories and creates characters I love.
Lu Bielefeld
ok - no cheating - om drama
----------------------
Herói vai embora da cidade e termina o relacionamento com nossa heroína. Ela fica desesperada e acaba transando com um cara e engravidando.
Ele volta 5 anos depois e quer reatar o relacionamento.
Tem cenas de confronto com o pai da filha dela, cenas de ciúmes e ela aceita ele de volta rapidamente.
No final tudo acaba bem. Nada demais.
Eu demorei muito para acabar a leitura do livro e confesso que tinha esquecido que estava lendo.
---------
Hero leaving
Tammy Cole
Apr 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Another great story by C.A. Harms! I can always count on her books to draw me in and this one is no exception. Always His is a really quick read that had me hooked til the end.

Ryker and Nicole were teenage sweethearts and thought they would make it through anything. As Ryker is preparing to leave for the Marines he promises Nicole that he will be back for her. Life takes them on a different path but five years later Ryker is determined to make Nicole his again. Nicole was devastated after not he
Three Chicks
May 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Review by Lisa Kane
I love a second chance at romance story. There is always something to forgive but the love has endured in spite of the time and distance.

Nicole loved Ryker for years. He wanted to join the service, but promised her that things would still stay the same-he would be there for her. But when he left, his emails and calls get less and less until they just stopped. He cut her off without any explanation. She was devastated.

My heart left with Ryker the day he boarded that bus. The
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
5 Stars!

I love C.A. Harms. She is one of my top favorite, go-to, automatic one-click authors. She is brilliant when it comes to penning a novel. Her heroes are damaged, real and swoonworthy. Her heroines are smart, strong, and loyal. And now we have a brand new series by her that shows the power of second chances, healing and true love. I fell hard and fast for the Crazed Devotion series just from book one.. and good bonus, it is a standalone.

This book was amazing. Smart, sexy, sweet, intense, p
Sienna Logan (Lost to Books)
Actual rating 3.5

This is the second book I've read by this author now. I found Always His to be a sweet, heart-warming read, that held my interest so that I sped through it.

I dived into this book the minute it appeared in my kindle and had finished it within a few hours. This author has a gentle style of writing that's great for purely escaping from the real world. It draws you in and keeps you hooked.

Always His is a cute romance about Ryker returning home after a stint in the Marines to fight f
Socially Book Nerd
Apr 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was given a free copy for an honest review.
I loved this look, Ms. Harms has out done herself.
Nicole and Ryker grew up in small town Alabama and seemed to always be together the whole town new it.
But, when Ryker leaves for the Marines and Nicole can't go with him.... She is desperately lost without him.
5 years pass and Ryker is headed back to Alabama to claim what he's stupidly left behind. Will Nicole be available and want Ryker back after all this time?
Will she truly always be his?

**Spo
SiKReviews
May 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book will move you to the core. You will want to punch Ryker out one moment then want to ravish him in the next. My heart really went out to Nicole. I can't image the heartbreak she went through. Even though Tori was not conceived by the man that held her soul, she is the only light that penetrated the darkness that Ryker caused.

I was really glad that Nicole made Ryker work for her affection. If she would have accepted him back with open arms, I would have had to bitch slap her. She did it
Jamie
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was ok
Beyond The Covers Blog
Oct 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is an endearing and hopeful story that shows no matter the time or distance if people are meant to be they will find a way to be together.  The leading man’s character’s persistence in making sure he girl he lied and left is also the one he gets to forgive him and lives happily ever after with what hooked me in this book.  Add in the complication of a baby daddy and a child which only makes the story more complicated and of course heartwarming.  I Cannot wait to read the next installment in ...more
Ann Gibbs
Oct 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a great story!

I love C.A. Harms books and this was no exception. Ryker and Nicole had a wonderful love story, a second chance romance. They had their ups and downs, of course, but their love and connection made it through. I can't wait to read book 2.
FMR Book Grind
May 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
ERIN'S REVIEW
6 STARS

Reviews from the Heart (Kimberly Anne)

I love this author. She can get anyone out of a book funk with her writing. Her books are always a quick and easy read with just enough umph, to keep you guessing. I love that this book wasn't any different. It was light, easy and refreshing. Her characters always seem to just jump off the pages. And I love that there wasn't a cliffhanger, yep that's right this is a standalone but a series starter as well.

Ryker and Nicole had a great love, one that people dream about. Even though they were young
Erin
May 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
6 stars
Every once in a while, you come across a book that touches all the little places in your heart. It finds all those little nook and crannies and shines the brightest light on them. I am a huge fan of CA Harms. I read every book she puts out. I don’t even have to read the blurb anymore. I love her work and know that I am never going to be disappointed in anything she writes. She has the ability to put words and thoughts together just the right way to pull you into the lives of her character
Babbling Chatter  Reads
May 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Ryker Daniels always wanted to be in the Marines and this chosen path in life would risked being with his one and true love, Nicole Russell. Knowing that she would not be able to go follow him wherever he goes he ends up leaving the only girl who will forever hold his heart. His reasoning behind his decisions was one he has kept to himself in hopes that she could live a happy life without him. Little did he know that he got more than he bargained for.

When he returns to his hometown of Arab, Ala
Theresa Alberts
May 08, 2016 rated it liked it
Always His by C.A. Harms is the first book in the Crazed Devotion Series. A book about love lost and finding it in your heart to forgive. This books was a HEA type read that will have you smiling by the end. I hope Ben and Liz's book is next!

Nicole and Ryker were in love, making promises to each other that Nicole believed were true. But when Ryker enlists in the marines and leaves her behind with no explanation, Nicole is behind devastated and heartbroken. One night looking for comfort provides
Kim
May 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Oh, this book will break your heart and make your heart melt all at the same time!
Nicole holds onto a promise made to her by someone that holds her heart. Only the one person she thought she could trust...breaks her.
And because of it and a drunken mistake she gets one of the best gifts ever.
Ryker wants to find his way in life. He follows his heart and doesn't ask the girl to 'wait' for him. It's one of the hardest things he's ever done.
After his obligations he heads home to reclaim what he lost
Renee Entress
5 star

I was pulled right into this story. The story has laughs, suspense, pain, and heartbreak.

This is Nicole and Ryker’s story. Nicole and Ryker we in love but Ryker wanted to become a Marine. After going away he stopped all contact as he could not expect Nicole to wait for him. But Nicole was heartbroken and angry that Ryker could just throw away her and her love. Now years later they are different people. Ryker comes back to town to claim the one he has always wanted. Things have changed but
wendy Shelton(obsessedbybooks)
* * ARC given on behalf of obsessed by books for an honest review * *

Ryker and Nicole had a love that everyone wants even at a young age they knew that forever with each other was there for future, but then there is life it always seems to get in the way. When Ryker left to be in service he thought he was doing right by giving Nicole the chance to live but people change and life goes on. Five years later and Ryker is back to claim what's always been his Nicole but the hurt she felt when Ryker l
Nancy Metsch
Apr 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely one of the most romantic love stories I have ever read.
Ryker had a dream, he wanted to join the Marines. And so he did, But the problem was that his heart remained in Alabama with Nicole. The girl he feel in love with in high school. Promises were made and then broken leaving Nicole with a shattered and broken heart.
Fast forward 5 years and Ryker is back home. He served his country, had 2 tours in the middle east. He was also in Germany. Time came to reenlist and he opted not to.
Louise Rogers-Thomas
Apr 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
If your ever in a book funk and don't know what to read, CA Harms is your girl. She never fails to write an amazing story. Every time the characters are compelling, lovable and jump right out of the pages.

This book was no different, These two are perfect for each other. Ryker and Nic's story is very romantic such a lovely, happy romance with a little bit of drama. I couldn't put it down and finished in a few hours.

Always His is the start of a new series but it's also a standalone.

Next is Ben's
Bette Hansen
Apr 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Another excellent read from this author. Filled with her usual over the top love and steamy sexy times along with just a little angst to keep things interesting. Ryker's been gone five years, during that time he served two tours of duty. Now his time is up and rather than enlisting he's coming home determined to get back the girl he left behind. Nicole's not that young girl anymore though. She's a grown woman with a child. And he'd hurt her. How could she ever trust that he would stick around no ...more
Samantha's ~*Confessions*~
Apr 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
*ARC received in exchange for an honest review*
*Bookaholic Confessions*

4.5 Devoted Stars

Ryker and Nicole's story was heart wrenching and hopeful. Loved it and I love C.A. Harms writing.

I love a man in uniform. Couple that with his love and devotion for Nicole and I was a goner.

To see my full Review, click here
Amy Williams
May 09, 2016 rated it liked it
I like second chance love stories

But this one wasn't very special or gripping. It seemed like a lot of other second chance love stories. I didn't feel the connection to the characters. It was just kinda boring. I found myself skimming pages. It wasn't terrible just not different.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Why I'm Yours
  • The Road to You
  • Wicked Bedmate (A Cocky Hero Club Novel)
  • Clutch Player (A Cocky Hero Club Novel)
  • Pretty Prize (Rags to Riches, #2)
  • Protecting His Forever (Forever #1)
  • Yesterday Is Gone (Yesterday #1)
  • Hard Pass (Trophy Boyfriends, #1)
  • Devoured (Devoured, #1)
  • Southern Storm (Southern Series, #3)
  • Why It’s Real
  • Torch (Devils Souls MC #1)
  • Elapse (The Expiration Duet, #1)
  • If It's Only Love (The Boys of Jackson Harbor #6)
  • Remedy
  • The Line
  • Unexpected Love Story (Love Story, #2)
  • Hearts and Thorns